Discussion - The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition. | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Search for Straw-Hat's New Nakama Part 4 - Zou Arc edition.

As we move on to Zou, who is the potential "Nakama" to join the Straw Hat?

• Wanda, Dog Mink (female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackback, Gorilla Mink (male)

• Sicilian, Lion Mink (male)

• Duke Inuarashi, Dog Mink (male) - "Ruler of Day"

• Kanjuro, Samurai

• Total voters

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

another candidate I can think was Pandaman
I'm sure he was a mink and (hopefully) will be properly introduced in this arc
tho he will unlikely to join SHP anyways :derp

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope not... Pandaman should remain as the easter egg for all of us to look out for.... Its fun, introducing him will ruin that.. but it will be interesting to look for pandaman here...

Stiltzkin

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I hope not... Pandaman should remain as the easter egg for all of us to look out for.... Its fun, introducing him will ruin that.. but it will be interesting to look for pandaman here...
maybe theres pandaman family there
or some minks mention there was once an "important" mink or a guardian mink named pandaman who lived there long time ago who master hide and seek without the appearance of pandaman himself xD​

BetaRuler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What if Pandaman DiD join... But in easter egg style?

I like the idea of Jewelry bonney joining, for the sake of bringing in that ill mannered and unladylike character in, though she sports a bit of a sexed up body too.
Using eye candy to sell stuff is one of my biggest irritations when it comes to reading comics, like Rebecca from Dressrossa made me go ugh...

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
What if Pandaman DiD join... But in easter egg style?

I like the idea of Jewelry bonney joining, for the sake of bringing in that ill mannered and unladylike character in, though she sports a bit of a sexed up body too.
Using eye candy to sell stuff is one of my biggest irritations when it comes to reading comics, like Rebecca from Dressrossa made me go ugh...
Especially if we consider she's only 16 and she's wearing Red Sonja's outfit... It's too sexed up.
I know Japan has different standards when it comes to that, but imagining older men lusting over Rebecca in that outfit is disgusting.
And one of her POP figures allows you to undress her too.:fail

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Especially if we consider she's only 16 and she's wearing Red Sonja's outfit... It's too sexed up.
I know Japan has different standards when it comes to that, but imagining older men lusting over Rebecca in that outfit is disgusting.
And one of her POP figures allows you to undress her too.:fail
Oddly enough, I hate the fact that Robin and Nami literally had implants; I liked how they looked before the timeskip and see no reason for their exagerrated development. The idea that a female character has to be sexually appealing to be intersting is just uneeded; Nami, Hancock and Robin are characters who have a lot of depth to them that one can appreciate just like we can appreciate Usopp regardless of his shortcomings.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I hope there's no new member joining the crew. We don't need any more, do we?

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Depends. With the birth of the SH fleet one could argue that a new nakama might not really be needed but I'd prefer one tbh. Especially a female. Could be Bonney, or a mink or a ninja and preferably one pretty powerful. Nami and Robin are decent but Nami isn't at the top tier in the crew and well Robin might be close by oda hardly lets her fight.

EddyBob15

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is anyone seeing any of the Minks tribe as prospects for new crewmembers yet?

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
No not me.I can't see anyone who really fits, and no mink so far has been given a really important role. Usually when Oda wants to make us believe that someone will join, he tends to focus on that character, by revealing his past etc, and even his dream.
I really can't say that about any of the minks tbh.But we'll see, it might be a bit too early for that, since he needs to explain what happened on Zou first.

garabilagan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
the next nakama could be raizou as he can be used for espionage. or it could be a flying/swimming mink or pet or merman who can see things ahead of them and can fight either underwater or in the sky.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well if you're talking about someone in particular, probably not. The only minks we've met who had a decent level of interaction with the SHs are carrot and Wanda and both haven't shown any indication or prospect of joining. That could change in time though.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
We already got a furry in the crew. It would be better to have an actual pet this time. =/

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well good thing vivi and karu didn't join. Only karu had any use. Anywho, if a mink joins, it will probably be Wanda. The reason being her introduction. Remember when franky, brook, and chopper was introduced? They get the spotlight even if they were made out to be baddies at first. Wanda is getting her spotlight little by little. Jumping out of the trees while riding a damn alligator is pretty cool of an intro to me.

Also, she is a dog mink. Finally brook gets some much wanted female attention. A good portion of the strawhat crew are misfits. I mean a robot, a chibi reindeer human, and a damn skeleton. We skipped fishmen and merfolks, why not recruit a mink? We don't need another swordsman. Wanda makes sense to me because she may not have shown it yet but I am sure she is not a force to be trifled with. A. She's a dog. Dogs are damn amazing creatures. B. She commanded Carrot around like she was da boss. C. She has respect from the whale forest guardians and everyone knows her. This all points to a powerful person.

If anyone will be joining, it should be Wanda but sadly I think the chances of her joining is slim. Oda didn't have anyone join for the past few arcs after the mugiwaras have reached the New World. What makes you guys think he will now? He just gave the strawhats their own fleet. Idk if I really want another person to join because I am content as I am.

Deleted member 182576

Well good thing vivi and karu didn't join. Only karu had any use. Anywho, if a mink joins, it will probably be Wanda. The reason being her introduction. Remember when franky, brook, and chopper was introduced? They get the spotlight even if they were made out to be baddies at first. Wanda is getting her spotlight little by little. Jumping out of the trees while riding a damn alligator is pretty cool of an intro to me.

Also, she is a dog mink. Finally brook gets some much wanted female attention. A good portion of the strawhat crew are misfits. I mean a robot, a chibi reindeer human, and a damn skeleton. We skipped fishmen and merfolks, why not recruit a mink? We don't need another swordsman. Wanda makes sense to me because she may not have shown it yet but I am sure she is not a force to be trifled with. A. She's a dog. Dogs are damn amazing creatures. B. She commanded Carrot around like she was da boss. C. She has respect from the whale forest guardians and everyone knows her. This all points to a powerful person.

If anyone will be joining, it should be Wanda but sadly I think the chances of her joining is slim. Oda didn't have anyone join for the past few arcs after the mugiwaras have reached the New World. What makes you guys think he will now? He just gave the strawhats their own fleet. Idk if I really want another person to join because I am content as I am.
maybe no new characters will be recruited, but all those who were introduced before zou would make a Little bit more sense like:
ceasar, one of the wano Samurais, someone pre-timeskip maybe too i don't know

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
It would make sense to have a couple of new nakama if the manga is going to last for say, another decade, so that the new crew(s) can have more screen time to show themselves. It would be strange if someone joins only for a short while. From what is seen so far, it appears that a world war is coming its way. If a new nakama joins at this time, it is as if the new crew can only join the war and not much of character development would be featured.

Unlike the rest of the crew members, they have been with us for many, many years, and have left their footprints from journey to journey. It is as if "we know them" that kind of feeling. If a new crew is to join now, the author would have to prolong his story so that the new character would be featured to such that he or she would leave his/her impression on us, and not just a gusting wind or a "visitor" who appears to pass by.

Would have to see how the story develops. Perhaps there may be a chance of a new nakama, as how Oda has predicted (and said) some time ago. :^_^ (Of course, there can be changes over time if it is deemed necessary)

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope there's no new member joining the crew. We don't need any more, do we?
We're due for one more. The main crew for the Blackbeard Pirates has 10 members. The Mugiwaras? The main crew has only 9 members. We need one more to balance everything out.