Predictions - The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 7 - Egghead Arc | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 7 - Egghead Arc

Is it Bonney's time to shine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous iteration of the thread is HERE from WCI Arc.

As it stands, Jinbe has returned to the crew and officially shown in the manga as the SH's helmsman. Popular theory and predictions has Carrot and/or a Scabbard joining the crew.

This thread is to discuss possibilities of any characters in this arc (including Carrot and the Scabbards) joining the crew on their future journeys. Personally Carrot as a mink would be a great addition to the crew, not just because of her age and bubbly(sparkly) personality but she's also a tested candidate, having travelled with them from Zou, to WCI and now here in Wano.

The reason I discard the Scabbards from joining is simply because once Momo assumes leadership of the country, he will need advisors to whom he can turn to for counsel and those that know both the current struggles of the country but also its past glory. The Scabbards fit that perfectly. I also doubt they'd leave their lord's family exposed anymore.

None from the group has shown any interest in leaving the country for personal adventure; besides the mink pair when they were young( and snuck off to join Oden). Neko and Inu would most likely return to Zou as they are rulers there.

The only one I would see leaving after the dust is settled is maybe Kiku to find her brother.

JStackz26

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally I would love Yamato to join the Mugiwaras. For me she has reasons, her father is not a father, he mistreats her, wants her to become his puppet, to do whatever he says without questioning etc... he put explosive handcuffs on his daughter's wrists at a very young age, he starved his daughter, all the people who dared to help his daughter were killed so imagine the terror he put on his daughter at a very young age. The notebook of Oden we do not know what it contains, I really think that there is nothing written on the One piece, the secrets of the world and the last island. Oden would have to be really stupid to write all that in a notebook when everything is in his head and if he wrote all those things it would be too dangerous for the world because it's not the time, he was present when Roger said they arrived too early, for me he just wrote his impressions on the world maybe Wano secrets, Kozuki clan, etc... will of the D we don't know if he wrote on it. Yamato is not too powerful for the crew. Maybe she is level Zoro BUT sanji will surpass her very soon in addition in this arc it has been confirmed several times that Sanji is indeed the 2 commander of Luffy so no worries. The rest of the crew except Robin Jimbei maybe Franky and Brook are weak Nami despite Zeus we have to take away her climact tact and is completely useless , has no haki because of that not able to protect herself from Ulti . Usopp very very useless during this war, no haki to protect himself, his plants no use, he was saved 4 times during this war so Nami and Usopp were useless balls. Chopper I loved his role he held Queen back even if queen was having fun with him, he held him back to avoid him making a carnage until his friend arrived but Chopper needs the haki especially as he’s a hand-to-hand fighter . Franky rather good fight but not of difficulty nothing rather easy, it is necessary that he has the hakis him also all the crew normally. So no Yamato is not too powerful, they are a future crew of Yonko and they are not very numerous, among its members there are some who are still weak so no it will be of great use I point out that after Wano the opponents will be even more powerful. His fruit does not give him the obligation to stay in Wano, Luffy in gear 4 looks like a god protector of Wano but we know that he will not stay forever. Yamato has never known freedom and wants to travel and it would be selfish to make her stay in Wano to protect her.

It is not his role but that of the red sca and other samurai of this country .
To stop trying to destroy his dream just to protect Momo is selfish and if the author does it I will be very disappointed.
Basically, the journal thing now well I just read something that changed my perspective. It was the fact that Oden remarked about how he had been to Fishman Island with Whitebeard after going with Roger. Roger said, it is no less dangerous the second time around. In other words, even though Yamato will have heard of places, it doesn't make Yamato any less likely to join the Strawhats and say she's heard of this place from Oden's journal. Just like she heard of Luffy fro Ace. Roger mentioning Fishman Island being no less dangerous the second time around is likely hint that Yamato is joining and just because Yamato read about it in Oden's journal doesn't mean Yamato can't go there with Luffy's crew. That goes the same for Marco. Just because Marco did this stuff with Whitebeard doesn't mean Marco can't travel there with Luffy. Plus Whitebeard never went to Laugh Tale. So Marco, going would represent Whitebeard and Ace's arrival there. Fulfilling two things, Ace wanted to make Whitebeard king and Whitebeard wanted to make Ace King. Just like Sabo eating the Mera Mea said he is taking on Ace's will. Marco is taking on both the will of Ace and Whitebeard by going to Laugh Tale with Luffy. It actually fits with the story.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Marco and Yamato are both stronger then Katakuri and King, two right hand men of current two Yonkos. Adding them will make the strawhats too strong
Strongly disagree. Luffy got his ass kicked twice and Zoro and Zoro both had to rest on the ground just after defeating King and Queen. We've also don't have much idea what forces like Blackbeard, Green Bull, and Im are like, so saying the Straw Hats would be too strong implies that you know exactly how strong everyone is, when, seeing as what the manga has presented, makes me respectably sure that you and everyone else doesn't.

JStackz26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also, I just saw something about a monster Quintet. Now look at this, if the Whitebeard Pirates rivaled Roger's crew then they had this alignment here basically..

Whitebeard
Marco
Oden
Jozu
Whitey Bay (Thatch seemed pretty Young)
Blackbeard
Vista
I stopped at Vista because he is the 5th Division Commander in the current time and he is the one we saw intercept Mihawk, who rivaled two armed Shanks. I added Whitey Bay in place of Thatch but even then without her it is still 6 powerful ones. I kept Blackbeard because Oda gave special notoriety to him in Oden's flashback. Plus when Ace became 2nd Division Commander, it appeared that the seat would actually be Blackbeard's if not for his own agenda. Or that Blackbeard was recognized as powerful in the crew even as a non commander. Plus we had Shanks or Buggy remark about him not sleeping and Marco remarking about him having a weird body. And given that, they all in that crew knew Blackbeard wasn't some random on the ship.

But basically including the captain that gives us 6-7 people in the time. Then if you exclude Oden who joined late that makes the 6. Point being that Whitebeard had approximately 6 super powerful members. Although technically where Whitey Bay ranks in power is unknown. Even then you could then swap her and Oden out for Ace and Thatch. Anyway that means

Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Marco/Yamato
Yamato/Marco
Jinbe

That would have them up there with those legendary pirate crew. They had 3 (Marco, Jozu, Ace) besides the captain who could go toe to toe with an Admiral or hold off an Admiral. They had one (Vista) who could face a Warlord and in particular the World's Strongest Swordsman (Mihawk). Thatch was depicted as more of an equal to younger Ace. Then of course Blackbeard was strong enough to face an Admiral.

Also Marco is a remnant of the Whitebeard Pirates. Remnant as in leftover. Like in sports when a team gets rid of a head coach, but they may decide on keeping others from the staff? So remnants. Remember when the Spade Pirates lost to Whitebeard, they joined under Ace. So now what if it comes back full circle. Although they did not lose to Luffy, Marco joins the main crew. And then Whitebeard's followers join the fleet. Whether it be some of the main group or the entire allies. Who have a score to settle with Blackbeard and the Navy and are also being slaughtered by Weevil. And again with Weevil, Marco is a smart guy. And if Whitebeard's men are basically a brotherhood then Marco would make a decision to protect the weaker members and their allies from Weevil by joining Luffy. There seems to be hints, not that he's joining but rather that him joining is not impossible. When Jinbe was joining we got a preview of what he could do before he went all out. Marco is giving us a preview of what he can do. And Oda showed him getting easily captured by Big Mom (I may have said this already). So if we originally wondered Marco's power level and in comparison to Luffy based on Luffy vs Katakuri then Oda answered that. He set it up so that he basically we got Luffy vs Katakuri, who is on Marco's level in being a Yonko First Mate. Showed Luffy not fully on that level. Then he showcased Marco vs Big Mom because the Gorosei mentioned him taking on Blackbeard. So Oda showed us that Marco isn't Yonko level. And Marco indicated as much in the Squard incident. Then he depicted Luffy growing to rivaling the Yonko and surpassing Marco's showing. So he then told us that Luffy is currently stronger than Marco. So that means Marco would not be stronger than the Captain if he joined. Then he depicted Marco fighting Queen and King. Saying taking them both on is exhausting. Then he depicted Sanji doing and saying the same. Then he had Zoro literally slice off King's wing. King is the First Mate of Kaido with a higher bounty than Marco. Queen is slightly under Marco by 54million. Bounty doesn't equal strength but at a point it becomes a good barometer. So in other words, Oda gave us:
Luffy stronger than Marco
Zoro and Sanji all in the same ballpark as Marco

Then guess what, Jinbe joined with a higher bounty than both Sanji and Zoro. Well Marco currently has a higher bounty than both. So bounty may not be an issue.
What is next, when Jinbe joined he gave way to Zoro and Sanji and took the role as number 4.
Now with Marco, what did he do against Queen and King? He casually said he surrenders and says he'll leave it to Zoro
and Sanji. Meaning he gave way to Zoro and Sanji. Indicating that Marco is willing to step down from being a lead fighter.
In other words, Marco can literally step into a role behind Zoro and Sanji who will surpass him. That gives a the trio of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji. And if Yamato joins, the Trio of Yamato, Marco and Jinbe. The top trio being a trio of 3 superhuman strength guys. This trio being a trio of creatures (eventhough Marco is technically a human with a Zoan). Carrot doesn't fit because she is not on their level of strength. The only issue is that you have to then find enemies who would rival them in strength to even make things interesting. And are we really going to find 6 characters who are at least Jack Level in on crew. Or will we start getting enemy team ups where eventhough we didn't get the full Beast pirates and Big Mom Pirates vs the Strawhats, we get 2 crews where them combined can give fair challenge to these 6 Strawhats. We know Blackbeard's crew can do it, maybe Shanks but outside of that it seems a stretch. But if we are now fighting Yonko then it makes sense because the Strawhats are really honestly top heavy. And they seem to get the advantage of being underestimated, which likely will not happen again.

For example the Gorosei automatically assumed Robin is captured by now (not sure if I am allowed to say that but if not, just spoiler this portion) but she isn't. Underestimating the crew. The strongest power in the World Government is underestimating them. Kaido did, Big Mom did, CP9 did, Moria did, time and time again. The fact that they get assisted by the plot helps also but that's not the point.

:amuse
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Strongly disagree. Luffy got his ass kicked twice and Zoro and Zoro both had to rest on the ground just after defeating King and Queen. We've also don't have much idea what forces like Blackbeard, Green Bull, and Im are like, so saying the Straw Hats would be too strong implies that you know exactly how strong everyone is, when, seeing as what the manga has presented, makes me respectably sure that you and everyone else doesn't.
Technically the Strawhats are top heavy. This forum is so dead. Likely because people have absolutely no clue what to expect because there seems to be so many characters who would qualify to join the actual crew. Which should open more discussion. I hate whoever forced OroJackson out of service.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Technically the Strawhats are top heavy. This forum is so dead. Likely because people have absolutely no clue what to expect because there seems to be so many characters who would qualify to join the actual crew. Which should open more discussion. I hate whoever forced OroJackson out of service.
Well characters that join Luffy on his journey to Laugh Tale either have relevance in furthering his story or vice versa, and Yamato in particular seems to have enough going for her to have relevance to Luffy’s story going by details like Oden waiting for someone and Yamato claiming Luffy is that someone.

BoyNextDoor

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bro itd be way better if the author just built up all the OG strawhats to at least YC2 level.

end of series strawhats should look like this

luffy - PK level
zoro - yonkou level (like rayleigh)
sanji - YC1+/ yonkou level
Robin - YC1
franky - YC1/2
nami - YC2
brook - YC2
usopp - YC2
chopper - YC2/3

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
bro itd be way better if the author just built up all the OG strawhats to at least YC2 level.
Nah, that destroys the dynamics and narrative involved in Strawhat pirates.

Not everyone needs to be a powerhouse to be important or usseful. It's a lot more realistic if some are weak, and some strong in SHP

luffy - PK level
Robin - YC1
franky - YC1/2
nami - YC2
brook - YC2
usopp - YC2
chopper - YC2/3
I think this would be the final PLs:

Luffy >= Roger
Zoro - Yonko level
Sanji - admiral level
Jinbe - YC2-3 level (he has already peaked)
Franky/Robin/Brook - YC3 level/upper executive level
Nami/Chopper/Ussop - weak trio forever who situationally shine, this is their dynamics

JStackz26

Reaction score
Country
United States

end of series strawhats should look like this

luffy - PK level
Robin - YC1
franky - YC1/2
nami - YC2
brook - YC2
usopp - YC2
chopper - YC2/3
It would be nice. It depends on if Oda has to rush his story though is my guess.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
In case I haven't mentioned it already, I'd say that King's discussion with Kaido could possibly be relevant to Yamato's post-Wano fate, after mentioning Joy Boy and Pirate King as if they're both relevant to each other.

JStackz26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well we have one more check box for Yamato joining. Marco meeting Nami, healing Otama's animals (I wonder how she and Yamato would react knowing he's Ace's crewmate), even while doctor Chopper is there. Meaning he can still serve a secondary helping role.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You could care less, but Oda does care a lot. Because he has built up, and likes, the monster trio dynamics. No new character will be stronger than the monster trio. I suspect this was why Jinbe's official joining was put on hold until raid.

Also, it isn't just monster trio dynaimcs.
Marco and Yamato are both stronger then Katakuri and King, two right hand men of current two Yonkos. Adding them will make the strawhats too strong

What would that be?

Actually yeah, him seeing Luffy as a captain won't be too unrealistic now that I think about it, but still weird IMO

Don't you think adding someone like Marco to the strawhats would be too much?

The guy can heal up his allies, which somewhat jeopardizes Chopper's role.
Well, I suppose Chopper is doctor and Marco is healer then. Maybe they complement each other well, depending on how Oda decides things are to be.

He's the ultimate staller, throw even the strongest character at him (except BB lol), and he lasts for quite some time just because he heals up his injuries instantly.

He's currently stronger than Zoro and Sanji IMO, but that would be taken care of sooner or later I suppose.
Still, powerful enough to fight admirals, and would be a powerhouse even by EOS standards.
This is an issue I see with Yamato as well. She's also strong enough to the point she can compete with admirals, and will be strong even by EOS standards. And in Yamato's case, I lean on believing she will actually join !
Don't you think Strawhats become too strong if either of them, or both of them, join?
Well look at this if you're reading Wano like we are, which I know you are then consider this again.
Luffy went into War with Kaido. Now yes Oda writes the story as he pleases. But how many times has Luffy had to rely on an outside supporting cast for his victory. You can technically compare the strahwats battles to Belo Betty's ability in the Revolutionary Army. Where she can inspire the civilians to fight. I guess she is the anti to Perona (similar to Luffy-Enel, Smoker-Ace). But anyway lets recall in Whole Cake Island that Nami said they were not here to go to war with Big Mom and they would have brought the rest of the crew if so. In other words they do not have the numbers to go to war with a Yonko. Yes Luffy is currently toe to toe with Kaido but as Bege says, in terms of military strength they are outmatched (though he said this to the Marines). Be realistic here, this raid should have failed the moment Luffy was in Udon. For all intents and purposes Kaido could have killed him numerous times. Funny that Buggy was one of the only ones with sense to try to kill Luffy instead of capture him lol. Can't speak on why that now would have likely been not so smart.

Anyway, this raid was failed long ago. But Oda is writing about Destiny and how Luffy keeps defying odds. So he is alive. You could use that to say that Luffy will always win battles so my argument is invalid. But again lets look at Kaido's lineup.
Kaido, Yamato, King, Queen, Jack, Who's-Who, Sasaki, Black Maria, Ulti, Page-One - 10 pirates I left out the Supernova
vs
Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, Franky, Brook, Robin, Chopper, Nami, Usopp - 10 pirates
We saw that Zoro and Sanji were left unable to battle after their fights. So lets say Luffy - Sanji's battles are victory.
What did CP-0 say, even if the top member is defeated they still have to take down the others.
Jack and Jinbe would likely result in Jinbe being worn down as well.
Now do you all realistically believe
Who's-Who, Sasaki, Black Maria, Ulti, Page-One would go down to
Franky, Brook, Robin, Chopper, Nami, Usopp?
Franky and Robin took down Sasaki and Black Maria but technically Nami and Usopp did not take down Ulti and Page One.
Then you have Who's-Who. In spite of how Jinbe won that battle, as Who's-Who said that if Jinbe did not evade a certain attack of his that Jinbe's Haki would not have been enough to block it. So consider that when you evaluate Who's Who against the rest (also: evaluating Sanji vs Queen in the actual fight that happened, I have Sanji vs King here because Yamato doesn't defect, compare that Who's-Who's attack would have torn Jinbe apart but Jinbe easily manhandled Who's-Who to Queen's binding attack and you realize that Queen was basically overmatched the whole time) of the Strawhats.
Then take into consideration what happened in Whole Cake Island when Luffy tried to fight that whole group of Big Mom's children.
In other words the Strawhats lose this battle.
The reason the Strawhats come out ahead is because the numerous other pieces of plot that played a role, including Yamato's defection, the Supernovas and Alliances.

I say that because people believe that a grouping of:
Luffy
Zoro, Sanji, Yamato (I believe this will be the grouping because lineage. Descendant of a legendary Samurai, Descendant of the Germa Empire that ruled over the entire North Blue, Descendant of a Yonko)
Marco, Jinbe, (I feel the third new, possibly old, addition fits with this trio)
Franky, Robin, Brook
Nami, Chopper, Usopp
But of course Oda could always only add two members and just create four trios

When you consider that Izou was the Commander of like Whitebeard's 16th Division and was weakened enough to take out a CP-0 member, that means that other powerful crews will be built in such a manner that your first 6 members being Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Yamato, Marco and Jinbe is not ridiculous if we are going into a New World of One Piece.
Consider the Navy:
You have 3 admirals, the fleet admiral as well. That is already 4 people. Then you have Vice Admirals who could be as strong as Admirals or close to. A few of them teaming up really negates the idea of adding Yamato and Marco both in Wano being overkill.
When you consider the sheer numbers the Strawhats have to contend with?
Oda just showed us Kaido's men number 30,000, along with Orochi's men and he still was not ready for war. Luffy's alliance equated to his Grand Fleet and they still needed betrayals and agenda's to get through Wano (although Wano is not decided yet) and Luffy did lose originally (something he likely won't keep having the luxury of).
Now they will be going back into Big Mom's territory. What did Judge say, he would never give over his precious sons to Big Mom. So Judge will approach Sanji for his help in rescuing them and we will be going back to battle in Whole Cake.
Again, lets go by Whitebeard and his main people (without including Blackbeard although Blackbeard seemed to be next in line for a Commander role)
Whitebeard, Marco, Ace, Jozu, Vista (that is 5). Oda left us in limbo not knowing how strong Thatch is, though he was shown fighting back to back with Ace. Thatch being the 4th Division likely means he was pretty strong and in the ranks of the other mentioned.

It isn't ridiculous for Marco to join, and I hope Oda does add him and Yamato to the main crew rather than allies.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
OK, SO, YAMATO NEW NAKAMA RIGHT?

I just need videos to justify my opinion, so post them if you found any.

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
OK, SO, YAMATO NEW NAKAMA RIGHT?

I just need videos to justify my opinion, so post them if you found any.
At this point I honestly don't know how anyone would argue it's not the most likely scenario.

Luffy & his crew have always represented multi-races/unifying species/acceptance, pretty much going against what the World Government represents. Yamato's an Oni, who have been depicted as an oppressed race, has a good moral compass, and already asked Luffy to join him on his adventure. She'd also make for some funky interactions with Sanji!

The Strawhats vs Blackbeard pirates clash is also bound to happen, and Alvaro Pizarro represents a cartoonish Kaido (Oni). Pretty much every Blackbeard pirate represents an opposite to a Strawhat, so who else to be the opposite of Pizarro over the Oni that just asked Luffy to join him?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yamato has met few criteria, but what makes them stand out/humorous?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

They're funny.
manga pls. I don't remember any instance of them being funny enough to stand out or having quirks, other than believing they're Oden.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
manga pls. I don't remember any instance of them being funny enough to stand out or having quirks, other than believing they're Oden.
Well, we haven't that many moments of leisure for that :(

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Well, we haven't that many moments of leisure for that :(
We do have plenty of screentime though, and Brooke and Usopp set themselves apart in the first few pages of their appearances. Yamato has not done the same, other than thinking they're Oden.

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
We do have plenty of screentime though, and Brooke and Usopp set themselves apart in the first few pages of their appearances. Yamato has not done the same, other than thinking they're Oden.
Are you saying you found the first impression lacking in terms of comedy? Or you don't see the avenue for Yamato to be funny?

Because I think the first's just a consequence of the arc. We've had two Yonkous, three Supernova captains, a new race tied to ancient history, and a scabbard plot that had been building up since Punk Hazard that needed to be adressed. This wasn't the typical arc where the future Nakama gets to shine, because it's been the most chaotic arc ever. It's been all over the place.
Despite that, Yamato has fought Kaido, worked towards saving the entire island from blowing up (a really lacking side-plot, but it is what it is, it proved her good nature), and had a great moment, telling Momo she'd rather have them die together facing Kaido.

Her quirk would exactly be the fact that she identifies as a man/doesn't understand the whole concept of being sexualized, and you have a perverted cook/skeleton on board, who're gonna do it. She's also like Oden in more ways than one: she's been trapped in Wano since birth, and everything outside of it is an adventure/something she wants to experience/probably overly excited about.

Has she been relatively bland this arc? Yeah, kinda, but very few characters set themselves apart except the ones on the roof. They all had their small moments.

JStackz26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just waiting for a hint like this to drop saying Marco is also joining the straw hats as a crew member.
View media item 26842

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's pretty obvious to everyone now that the 10th and final crewmate is Yamato. Blackbeard's crew in the latest guidebook has a confirmed 10th member that hasn't been revealed yet. Obviously the Mugiwaras need someone to serve as a counterpoint, a 10th for a 10th if you will.