Hangout - The Sports Hang-Out Thread! | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Sports Hang-Out Thread!

aniway

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: The Sport Thread!

I love judo and after not training for a month I miss the smells of the mat and the feel of my gi on my body, and just pairing w/ female team members and grappling w/ them just thinking about make me miss it more

blasta

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I like lots of sports but basketball is my fav just like it a lot and fun to watch/play. Lots of exciting young players and I love seeing nice dunks. Football is great too but I especially like watching running backs do there thing great to see! Barry Sanders! I don't like Poker just not a card player and it seems to be on one of my sports channel a lot and I hate it lol.

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

ok, so ive been talking a lot about swedish rugby earlier on in this thread and now i actually found a clip
on youtube that shows this years game. I used to play for the white guys. Vallhalla Vikings.

so if youre curious just take a look here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=20cS1KVnQp0

ijoit3k

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

football (soccer) of course..my fav team was arsenal and france..my fav player was henry

Madel5566

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

My favourite sport would be Netball and volleyball.
Netball because I'm a netballer myself^^ and volleyball because it is fun.

I personally like to watch tennis and ping-pong matches

Gymnastics is the most hated sport for me. Practically because I'm bad at it and it's difficult to practice.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Madel5566 said:
Gymnastics is the most hated sport for me. Practically because I'm bad at it and it's difficult to practice.
I used to love gymnastics. Until I broke my foot >.> When I was ten I was a level three, almost level four, and I was practicing a front handspring dismount for my beam routine, and I ended up landing on my foot wrong and I cracked a few bones in it. >< it hurt so bad. I was in 5th grade, and I remember my crutches being a tad bit too tall for me xD

But I still love watching it. I usually watch the college meets on television and I watch it during the Olympics.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Gymnastics o.O I just love to see people doing gymnastics ^^

Ever since I got this permanent injury from rugby, I stopped playing high risk sports. But currently, I'm playing futsal at the nearby futsal center. And also swimming ^^ Both are great sports.

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Gymnastics is one of my favourite sports to watch. I can't even begin to imagine myself doing all those moves, backflips, jumps, etc. that gymnast do.
I usually play futsal too, but currently my workout regiment consist of chewing food, a bit of walking and typing.

Madel5566

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I just realised that the post above me before said his fave sport is soccer, and his fave team is Arsenal...plus France because of Henry...

That make us mates! Arsenal rocks~ Whee~

Gynmastics are fun to watch, but not really nice to practice. I almost broke my neck back there...

ijoit3k

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

mozetsu said:
mm yea true i just glanced across the headlines and proceeded to the EPL page. I guess i dont see the point it putting more effort in that sport anyway i mean its not like Malaysians are major champs in cycling. Its more of international recognition, just like F1 in Malaysia- we have the tracks then we say oh this fella is good for F!, and in we thrust Alex Yoong into F1- and se what happened to him after one season.
well u can see that he drive minardi at that time which is very poor car in F1, look at now at A1GP..i think he just doing great plus won both sprint and feature race at czech and now still manage to get point to close the gap between hulkenberg which is Jerman driver..

Madel5566 said:
I just realised that the post above me before said his fave sport is soccer, and his fave team is Arsenal...plus France because of Henry...

That make us mates! Arsenal rocks~ Whee~

Gynmastics are fun to watch, but not really nice to practice. I almost broke my neck back there...
yes, agree Arsenal Rocks~ add u into my buddy list

Seiken

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

ijoit3k said:
well u can see that he drive minardi at that time which is very poor car in F1, look at now at A1GP..i think he just doing great plus won both sprint and feature race at czech and now still manage to get point to close the gap between hulkenberg which is Jerman driver..

yes, agree Arsenal Rocks~ add u into my buddy list
Yay! I'm not alone! There are other Arsenal-fans here! :smile-big

juUnior

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Poland

What's your favourite sport? To do yourself? To watch?
My favourite sport was table tennis, when i first encounter that when I was like 8 or so. After one play I really liked it, than love it ^^ Now i don't have time to play, but from some big holidays I play with friends :x
About doing myslef, it will be table tennis like I said xD , tennis, basketball (I like it very much) and football.
To watch it will be footbal of kors and table tennis (that super speed doubles ^^)

What do you like about this sport?
About table tennis? Really, i don't know.. I just maybe that when I was younger I was best, firstly in friends, than in whole school, but where I live there were nothing special clubs or whatsover to train children :/ Probably that's why i like it :D
About basketball - fast play, and of kors that you pick a ball with hands xD
About footbal - becasue it's soccer ;p

Which sports do you hate?
hmm probably i don;t have one..

Which is the funniest sport?
Funniest, funniest.. For me funny look hokey on the grass.. but thats only me.

Babii-Boo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Uhm... is ice-skating cast as a sport? If not then it's soccer/football or swimming.
To watch - football/soccer.

Ice-Skating - you fall down painfully ^_^
Soccer - It's about teamwork and footwork.

Rugby, American football.

=S There's a sport that's funny?

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Babii-Boo said:
=S There's a sport that's funny?
curling is loads of fun when youre hungover. im all like: DOOO IITT!!!! C'MON!!! swinging my arms wildly but not understanding the rules one bit :D

miyi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

My favorite sports are College/Professional Basketball, and College/Professional Football.

I'm also into Baseball, but I can't say I'm an avid baseball fan. I only pay attention to it when the season is almost over, especially the Post Season, which to me is very exciting. But I don't consider myself a beseball expert, but I know enough to participate in some sort of discussion about it.

The same applies with tennis, volleyball, boxing, and golf, I'm only fimiliar with the basics of it.

I also enjoy Futbol (Soccer), especially got into it during this recent World Cups. Soccer is relatively difficult to get into if you live in the USA, because they hardly show it on television, so there's less exposure. I'm still learning the sport, so I'm not as expert at it as I'd like to be. But there's no denying that this sport is exciting and fun to watch.

So my specialty is Basketball and American Football. I play them once in a while as a hobby, but I terribly suck at it. I was good enough to be in Varsity League basketball, but I was merely a bench/substitution player. I enjoy playing football, but my small body and lack of physical conditioning make me an unfit player.

I hate sports such as hockey, skateboarding, bicycle tricks, or whatever it's called (BMX?), figure skating, nascar racing, and a few other stuff.

The reason I dislike these sports isn't necessarily because they suck, but because I know little about them. I'm sure if I learn it, I'll appreciate them more.

And last, the funniest sport is Sumo Wrestling (no offense, I don't mean it in a bad way at all). They're just funny to watch, that's all.

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

My favorite sport to watch is baseball ~ it took a while for it to grow on me, I guess, but since I live in New England, it's pretty hard to avoid getting sucked into it, with the whole Red Sox - Yankee's rivalry. And I am a Red Sox fan, by the way!

I also love watching soccer (and, to all non-Americans out there, I totally agree that it's the REAL football :amuse) The world cup is the only thing that can get me to stay inside and watch tv during the summer instead of going to the beach :)

I used to play field hockey and lacrosse... now I do a lot of running, swimming and skiing ~ i love downhill skiing!!! and somehow I've managed to never break a bone...yet...

Don't really hate any sports, although I'm bothered by sports like gymnastics and skating that put ridiculous pressure on girls (and guys) for their weight and appearance. That sort of pressure can be so devastating and takes all the joy away from the sport :darn

And the funniest...would have to be curling. I've tried to understand and gain some kind of appreciation for it when the olympics are going on, but... I just don't get it. Though I can see how it might be fun when hungover...or drunk, maybe, as someone... the Boff...said

luxxifer

Reaction score
Country
United States

My favorite sport to watch is tennis and soccer, i dunno why, maybe just because i play them

I hate wrestling, no offense to those wrestlers out there, but i absolutely hate it

funniest sports........don't really know, i mean theres some weird sports out there like underwater football, but to be funny?

krazy_k

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Favourite sport to play i'd say volleyball or badminton
to watch,tennis i dont't know why but i find it amusing also soccer
i have know idea why i like them, they're fun to play perhaps?
don't like to hate stuff
and ummm funniest sport has to be curling

Uchiha Slayer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I can see nobodys talked about the Michigan vs. Appilation St. game yet, so its time for me to bust it wide open...

Michigan is OUT the top 25...
First time ever a BCS team was put out the top 25 after a loss...
First time Michigan ever, looked so embarrassed after a loss...

What is college football coming to or Appilation state just that damn good.WOW

To me that loss to Appilation St. makes the Big 10 look bad, maybe thats just me.

dandy65

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

My favourite sport is Tennis! (rare huh :P) I like playing it competitively, socially and watching the pros play on TV! Good role model there...

I like this sport because I get to run around hitting balls xD Tennis balls, that is. Really fun to vary shots and make people run, hence one of my favourite manga The Prince of Tennis.

I hate Wrestling(the WWE/TNA sort. Arm wrestling is fine :O). It's people acting like they bash people up when they're just making sound effects. I'd call acting a sport then...The wrestlers are muscular though, body building. Worth learning.

The funniest sport is Online Gaming. We get to play and earn money at the same time! I find that funny. And fun.