Hangout - The Sports Hang-Out Thread! | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Sports Hang-Out Thread!

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I actually saw that it was being broadcasted on Twitch.tv, but while playing Chess can be fun, I'm not sure about watching it :XD
Oh it was? I don't know how it works on Twitch though, I saw it on different website. They have commentaries and then some, and to be honest watching a Chess match is not as dull as some people think.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Oh it was? I don't know how it works on Twitch though, I saw it on different website. They have commentaries and then some, and to be honest watching a Chess match is not as dull as some people think.
They had all that. Well, I didn't watch it for long...

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
They had all that. Well, I didn't watch it for long...
Funny that I came across this article. :XD Oh well, maybe I'm the weird one.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

He was happy to have survived. ^^

There are four or so more matches left, right?
I'm not too sure. I saw somewhere it's suppose to be 12 rounds.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
It's the same as watching a Snooker match for me. Without focus, it might kill you from boredom. With focus, it can get pretty exciting. I watched the Candidates Tournament matches before and it was thrilling towards the end.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
It's the same as watching a Snooker match for me. Without focus, it might kill you from boredom. With focus, it can get pretty exciting. I watched the Candidates Tournament matches before and it was thrilling towards the end.
It requires constant focus, but even without putting your tryhard pants on, it's still fun figuring out what the next move is going to be. I don't know jack about Snooker, so probably I'll say the same thing if I watch one.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
It requires constant focus, but even without putting your tryhard pants on, it's still fun figuring out what the next move is going to be. I don't know jack about Snooker, so probably I'll say the same thing if I watch one.
Yeah, I know. I didn't mean as trying that hard, either. But this isn't something like soccer you can glance from time to time.
Snooker is considered like "chess of the billiards", since it's highly strategy involving. I'd recommend it to everyone who doesn't know the sport.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
This thread is dead, but I dunno where to post this.

Schumi is out of coma, yay :zomg

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
This thread is dead, but I dunno where to post this.

Schumi is out of coma, yay :zomg
I don't take this as a good news. Such a champion basically resumed to a speachless vegetable, I really think it who be better for him to be dead. Both for him and his family. Now, if he has a chance to get back a normal life, it could be worth it but I doubt it.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't believe it's been half a year already.

Doctors say he'll always be dependent on others and an "invalid". It could take him months to learn how to string basic phrases together, I guess. It's amazing news that's woken up, but the longer youre in a coma, the less likely you are to lead a normal life again.

zzigg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Japanese capital benefited from the change of many of the Olympics competitions sites.

Chief executive of the Organizing comittee for the planned summer Olympic in 2020,mr Toshiro Muto confirmed that they saved another 700 million dollars and possibly more than this amount as a result of change of many of the competitions sites, saving around 1.7 billion dollars.

The japanese organizers succeeded in saving a billion dollars from various efforts, such as the abolition of the idea of a new basin for racing sail with reliance on the existing basin since established in 1964 Olympic Games.

Muto also said: "In the previous report, we said that it is possible to save up to one billion dollars. But this was an approximate estimate. This time, we see that it is possible to provide about 700 million dollars by changing the competition sites."

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Surprised there is no RWC thread, can't wait for this weekend

go Bokke!!!!!!!

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
:amuse Ok, this deals with sport, as the topic title already says.

What's your favourite sport? To do yourself? To watch?
What do you like about this sport?
Which sports do you hate?
Which is the funniest sport?
I'm hardy a sporty person but I do like to swim which will be my favourite. I swim whenever I got the time and when the weather is kind. I used to go to the gym for cardio workout that is more like being active and keeping fit.

One of the things that I enjoy doing the most is to relax in the jacuzzi, having a hot bath while getting massaged. It helps to relax your muscles, relieve the tension and you feel fresh after that. I also steam myself in the steam-room and suana which help to stimulate the sweat glands to work, like cleansing the body. :^_^ Though these hot baths may not be considered as sports, but they help to rejuvenate your body, mind and soul after a hard day's of work. They like life-savers if you may. :^_^

I don't watch that many sport programmes but I do like to catch glimpses of the "World Cup" and "Olympics". I really like the variety of games in the Olympics. It's fun watching them.

One of the sports that I don't really like is boxing. I remembered years ago, there was a Thai boxing coach who happened to approach me if I was interested to join Muay Thai boxing and I said no. It is kinda too cruel to punch people around. Likewise for wrestling, I can't bear to see people throwing each other and getting hurt and injured. Perhaps these are the games for some, but they ain't for me.

Funny sports? Hmm... one which I could think of is the "Cow Racing" in Australia, where untrained cows were used to compete while chaotic situation arises when the cows have no clue what is going on. They just move around in circles, in opposite or any directions and some don't even budge an inch.

I saw a video on this and thought I would share it here. The "race" looks more like chasing the cows rather than having them racing. :Haha It looks like a lot of fun (and mad) with these cows running around and many other activities are put together with the main event. Would you participate in this race? :smile-big

Enola

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I adore different sport games! :) I'm always so happy when I have that opportunity to play in them together with my friends! It's a pity that we can't meet so often for this :mono
I like also to watch running, tennis and swimming :) The last one I practise too but only during the warm seasons, I just don't like to visit the swimming pool during winter, not very comfortable for me :3c
One of my favourite types of sport is yoga (I think it can be classified that way), I try to pracrise it every day, feel much healthier because of this :hee I go to the gym too several times a week, great contrast with activity comparing to my yoga exercises :) After trainings with using such ellipticals http://stylemann.com/best-proform-elliptical-reviews/ I feel really exhausted but it's a special pleasant feeling :verily
I wish I could have one of them in my house because it's one of my favourite sport machines for daily trainings :amuse