Other - Things people find weird about you! | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other Things people find weird about you!

animeaddict1068

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
People find it weird about me when I stick to manga and anime >.>
Well, most of the people who do not understand it anyways...

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
  • I love meat, but will (or almost) puke if I so much as nibble on a sausage.
  • I crave alone-time more than considered a social normality, I guess.
  • I buy records and movies. Yeah, I can't believe that's considered weird either, but that's how far piracy have come, I guess. >_>
  • I sometimes care a lot about how I look, but just as often couldn't care less (sometimes I dress up real nice to school and sometimes I come with real bad hair, wearing baggy pyjama-like pants and an XXXXL t-shirt, pretty much)
  • I can't stand 95% of new, mainstream music.

Meh, I don't find any of those things weird, really, and most people might not. A lot of people I know seem to, though.

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I don't think those are weird organized but that's probably because I do some of those too like:

Buying records and stuff. Also like meat a lot. And also hate most (actual) mainstream music
specially Justin Bieber who should drink alcohol to get a men's voice

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Adding that I'm politically active. A lot of people my age find that weird about me... When really it's not... right?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Adding that I'm politically active. A lot of people my age find that weird about me... When really it's not... right?
I personally thought you were gonna "....that I'm awesome?? :D"

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Oh, no, people don't find that weird about me all, quite the opposite, they're surprised I don't have a t-shirt where it says "DAMN THIS DUDE IS AWESOME"...

/self esteem much?

Type Moon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Peopl find werid about me because I dun talk much n I will be like "Damn, now people can't understand others by observing"

Am I being arrogant here? -.- I don't talk much but I am not running out of frds, some people think thats really weird

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
1) When I told my friends that Meat (& Alternatives) is my least favourite food group, they all thought I was crazy.

2) Apart from walking home in the dark, I'm not afraid of things most people are scared of. Spiders are cute and roller coasters are exhilarating.

3) I hate cellphones. I only use mine to call my mom.

4) The songs on my iPod range from Ayumi Hamasaki to Arcade Fire to Slipknot.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
3) I hate cellphones. I only use mine to call my mom.
Not weird at all. I despise all kinds of phones and get all restless and aggravated if I stay on the phone for too long. I do keep a cellphone because I can still stand text messages and it's good to be contactable at school and stuff, but if there was another way of communication that was as handy, I would go with that.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, no, people don't find that weird about me all, quite the opposite, they're surprised I don't have a t-shirt where it says "DAMN THIS DUDE IS AWESOME"...

/self esteem much?
Very much...but in all honesty I'm gonna get a t-shirt of "the Barnacle" this summer; the very essence of awesomeness

4) The songs on my iPod range from Ayumi Hamasaki to Arcade Fire to Slipknot.
Oh yeah, my cousins think that's weird for me too. I have music from Toploader to many anime tunes, to garage, funky, hip hop, french music, ballads, rock, african music, etc...I just love a good tune but some people don't and that's their perogative.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
People find my sense of humor weird.
And what turns me on. Or rather, my fetishes. Like BDSM and nail polish and etc.
They also find the fact that I'm a gentleman weird, since I tend to act otherwise.

Note, I'm talking about real life stuff. <_<

~FrienD~

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
1) I spend my whole day on the pc...s that weird or is it a trend.?

2) One more thing is i hate lights(specially bright ones) and i'm not really comfortable going outside the house or the neighborhood(i'd usually never set foot outside).

3) And i like being alone, also i'm irritated whenever i'm talking to a girl in person (but i don't hate them, its just...i dunno[i can't look them up in the face], talkin to them on the net or cellphone is no prob)

4) I do have plenty of friends and they always hang out in my house( i get visitors everyday,3-4 ppl is average) i dunno why they take a liking to my house, when its so cramped.

5) most of the time i eat 1x a day due to laziness(hates to cook and prep things),but i'm not thin or i'm not getting skinny(maybe because there's lots of snacks)

6) I like violence but I never get violent.

7) Also if a girl wears a red framed-reading-glass, i'd insist she's a godess.

8) I'm a feminine guy but i'm not gay(my looks:ummm...waist area wider than the chest area and i do have a hip,also my facial features are feminine specially my eyebrow, i cut my long hair[no i shaved it] just to look distinctively manly, and what do i get!?! ppl often mistook me for a girl or oftentimes a gay! despite my effort.I blame them freaking genes!)

9)whenever i like a girl, when in conversation i always get cold to them(so the result is they hate me, am i tsundere or what!?)

10) lastly, i think my real name is weird.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
1) I spend my whole day on the pc...s that weird or is it a trend.?

2) i'm not really comfortable going outside the house or the neighborhood(i'd usually never set foot outside).

3) And i like being alone

5) most of the time i eat 1x a day due to laziness(hates to cook and prep things),but i'm not thin or i'm not getting skinny(maybe because there's lots of snacks)

6) I like violence but I never get violent.
Same here as well.

That and the fact that I find it easier to talk to women online than in real life. <_<

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The fact that I started learning japanese...

<.Haruka.>

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
they find me weird on:

- my sense of smell
- my deductive/logical reasoning
- when i put lots of dots (...) on my comments

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
2)I'm not afraid of things most people are scared of. Spiders are cute and roller coasters are exhilarating.
I agree for this one. :3
I'm a roller coaster junkie. I got bored on the 2nd fastest/biggest in the world. XD
I don't think spiders or snakes are cute, but I'm not scared of them. I remember in Japan, girls (and boys) would freak out of a moth, or a fly. I mean, goddamn. That's just...sad.

My weirdness~~
1) That I play video games. Especially because I dislike the "girlie" games like Kingdom of Hearts. I've played everything from Megaman and Golden Sun on the GBA before there were consoles, to Assassins Creed and Gears of War.

2) That I read manga/translate manga. Yeah, it's not really a normal hobby where I'm from. It basically doesn't exist in my country. ^^;

3) That I spend so much of my time on the internet instead of shopping or talking about clothes/make-up/ect. Apart from maybe food shopping, I dislike it. Though, I do like wandering around markets or foreign shops with friends. I like computers and know my way around them pretty well, but not in the hacking/programming way. :3

4) Oh! I don't follow sports! In Australia, if you don't support a certain team for AFL, or are nuts about cricket or surfing or something, you are very weird. :darn

5)I rarely listen to the radio, as I really don't like 90% of the music created today. I've never heard this "Justin Bieber" fellow sing. If I do listen to it, it's usally a channel playing 80's rock like Triple M.

6) I read a lot, and always have since I taught myself to read as a kid. As soon as I finish one, I start a new one. My nickname in primary school was "bookworm" as I liked to curl up with a good book at recess.

...I just realised how geeky I must sound....:tem

Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia
2) That I read manga/translate manga. Yeah, it's not really a normal hobby where I'm from. It basically doesn't exist in my country. ^^;
Haha sure it does XD it's huge in most capital cities I guess o-o

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Haha sure it does XD it's huge in most capital cities I guess o-o
I'm 2 hours from Melb- and even in Melb, pretty much the only store that sells it is Minotaur, for $20 a pop. :3

I don't know a single person who even knows what Naruto is. -_-

fullmoon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I got allergy w/ almost anything ppl can get allergy to: Food (sea foods), weather (seasons change, too hot, too cold..), medicine (some vitamins), dust, some insects.. the weirdest thing is in some particular time of a day; 6:30 pm recently :blink
No lie :eyeroll
Blame it to my weak livers. They're just no good :notrust