Discussion - Things your tired of. | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Things your tired of.

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ya’ll scared to say it, I’ll say it for you:

THE DAMN WEEKLY BREAKS!!!. 😩

As soon as the story picks up a break comes up and it almost ruins everything for the series. And the build ups lately have been let downs, too.

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to be annoy with the Sanji's gag. Then I watch Mushoku Tensei, and now, lol Oda felt like he had so much restraint. The height of the Sanji's gag was in Fishman Island. That was peak annoyance despite it tied into the plot. But since then it did came down a bit. And his gag in Wano against Black Maria, does gave him/Robin some development.

Onto character's height. Now that people pointing out why Arlong in the live action isn't too menacing. The height finally clicked on why it was the way it was.

Death in One Piece. Pell's death at least became a good meme in One Piece. Post Wano, the fake deaths don't bother me as much as character's death but don't really have death scene. Mainly Izou and Shutenmaru. And in the current arc, I would said one of the vegapunk. We go from fake out deaths, to unsanctimoniously killing character off. It is so jarring.

Break, I really want Oda to took 1 whole year of break, plus 1 day for every complaint of break on the internet. Hell, he can retire right now. He already rob his daughter of her childhood for not being there for her. That kinda piss me off. He owed his family not some rando online. Hell I would love he flip the entire community off and retire right now. I am in the Joker mood, would love to see the entire world burn.

Someone saying too many side characters. I don't mind them if they are good (It was decently execute in Dressrosa despite terrible initial reception). The problem with too many of them, he can't come up with all interesting and unique abilities for all of them. And then we got the Oniwabanshu in Wano for instance. Even if he can't come up with unique power for each of them. At least give something unique for the whole group. Like the 6 powers for CP9, or electro for the minks. Raizo vs Fukurokuju. Was something.

Ditto with Deadlybeast on some variety of storytelling. A treasure finding story would be fun. There was a pirate manga long long long time ago called Captain Kid. And it done that part pretty well. But I guess he gonna wait to do it on the last arc. Maybe a different type of Foxy contest arc. That they have to go through some sort of trials but not like Skypiea.

Worldbuilding- Fishman Island, Zou, and Whole Cake Island were all pretty good. Wano became tiresome in its setting after so long. He tried to alternate some of the setting. The first part almost western like, the second part move to the capital and the Udon mine. Then Onigashim. Though they are fine, not peak One Piece world building. And the arc length in both Wano and Dressrosa do gave major scenery fatigue. But then we found out there is an entire ancient Wano under the water. That could have been interesting.
Uriel mentioned plot twist, that is a build in problem of weekly shonen jump format. They are conditioned to leave a twist at the end of the chapter so people turn in and don't rank them too low. It can be annoying many many time, but some of it was done well and did spark a decent amount of discussion (even if some of them turned into nothingburger).

dopeycheese

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Not exclusively a One Piece thing, but a lot of shounen plots have this trope where the MC is some prophesized messiah.

I had no complains with One piece until gear 5 and that nonsense with the sun god.
Luffy's growth to emperor felt organic enough for me but that sudden revelation that his rubber fruit was some jackpot overpowered legendary fruit, joyboy revelations, and sun god nika just took the charm away.
Onepiece stood out for me because luffy was seemingly an ordinary boy with a somewhat useless fruit ability making the most of everything. Heck, i never thought rubber could be cool until Gear 2 was introduced

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I wish that Oda would be more consistent with acoc. Cause now anytime I see black lightning hold on impact everyone thinks it's acoc.

The ambiguity of Awakening. I'm beginning to think it never should have been brought up at all.

And speaking of Awakening Gear 5. If I'm being honest I hate it. It is so hard to take any of this seriously. And I don't think Oda should have bought this until the very last arc. Cuz this seems like that transformation you do in the final battle of the final arc not several arcs before.

Last edited:

Kyo3ooo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
People being a dark shadow until the SH themselves interact with them. For Inu and the monster forms of the Five Elders I can understand to a degree but what was the point of the doing that with Oden?
Some mangaka use this technique when the design of a future important character isn't finalized. The Yonkou were like that for quite sole time.

Aki1991

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Not exclusively a One Piece thing, but a lot of shounen plots have this trope where the MC is some prophesized messiah.

I had no complains with One piece until gear 5 and that nonsense with the sun god.
Luffy's growth to emperor felt organic enough for me but that sudden revelation that his rubber fruit was some jackpot overpowered legendary fruit, joyboy revelations, and sun god nika just took the charm away.
Onepiece stood out for me because luffy was seemingly an ordinary boy with a somewhat useless fruit ability making the most of everything. Heck, i never thought rubber could be cool until Gear 2 was introduced
I don't like the storyline surrounding Gear 5 at all. Even worse, the new battles with this form are uncomfortable for me now. I understand that Luffy was goofy before, but Gear 5 takes it to a completely new level.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The Chosen One.

I also hate it. Unless it's handled like it was handled by Buffy. I guess I won't know for certain until it ends.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Tired of the ambiguity.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
How was it done by Buffy?
For Buffy, being The Chosen One is a weight to carry, an obstacle to her happiness. She's the only one who can do what She does, so she is always up to the job...but it's not without suffering, without understanding that being Chosen has meaning, expectations, and responsibilities. I don't want to spoil the show for you if it ever gets a remake, but, in the series, it's never a superficial thing. It's a character trait and it's being developed in each arc.

For Luffy, being "The Chosen One" or the one that comes from a particular legacy HAS ABSOLUTELY NO IMPACT ON HOW HE IS OR HOW HE SEES THE WORLD. Being Nika, for him, means nothing. It's not bad writing, don't get me wrong. But it makes the "prophecy" not as interesting from character's perspective.

We care about it because it's important to the World of One Piece, but its meaning to us was totally invisible until was introduced in chapter 1018.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
- Buggy gags
- Usopp gags
- Sanji gags
- Luffy jobbing
- Strawhats liberating nearly every community they come across

Aki1991

Reaction score
Country
Greece
I find it somewhat disappointing that so little time has passed in One Piece. I mean, Ruffy and his friends haven't even spent two years together. It would be cooler if the time between story arcs were longer, and the Straw Hat Crew had aged a bit more. I find it very unrealistic that Ruffy becomes the Pirate King at the age of 20.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I find it somewhat disappointing that so little time has passed in One Piece. I mean, Ruffy and his friends haven't even spent two years together. It would be cooler if the time between story arcs were longer, and the Straw Hat Crew had aged a bit more. I find it very unrealistic that Ruffy becomes the Pirate King at the age of 20.
Agreed. They spent more time training during the timeskip than together.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
There are many things I am annoyed at, and wish were otherwise.

The one thing that has annoyed me the most since Wano ended was the extreme visual ambiguity between:
- regular armament haki
- advanced armament haki (barrier/internal destruction)
- advanced conqueror's haki (barrier)

By shounen standards, it should be a crime that the most basic cookie-cutter ability in the series that even fodders have (regular armament haki), is visually almost indistinguishable from the most powerful ability in the series that defined the OG Yonkos (advanced conqueror's haki).
Because everything produced tons of lightning. So now readers come up with headcanon like lightning shape, lightning trail, lightning thickness etc. Absolutely ridiculous, an utter failure of execution from Oda's part.

Did Luffy use advanced conqueror's haki against Kizaru and Lucci? Is Zoro using advanced conqueror's against Lucci? Did Garp/Aokiji use advanced conqueror's haki??? Nobody knows with certainty !!!
The only instance we know for sure that someone used advanced conqueror's haki, was Shanks against Kid. That that too only because Kid's crew started collapsing that happens due to basic usage of conqueror's haki. LOL

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I want a zorofocused plot with a lot of fan service from robin.

So anything that stands in the way. 🤣

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
not saying whether Dragon is a DF user or not

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Speaking of Dragon I am really getting tired of waiting for him to do something. Like I get it that he's the behind the scenes leader but he's being so static. Like we don't have to see him fight but it being told he attacked those supply ships in person. Or he a brief scrimmage with a Blackbeard pirate's so his men could get away. Just some little things like that would actually go a long way.
Like we don't have to see it just at least mention it.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Speaking of Dragon I am really getting tired of waiting for him to do something. Like I get it that he's the behind the scenes leader but he's being so static. Like we don't have to see him fight but it being told he attacked those supply ships in person. Or he a brief scrimmage with a Blackbeard pirate's so his men could get away. Just some little things like that would actually go a long way.
Like we don't have to see it just at least mention it.
We don't need mention, it's obvious he fights, no way he's not fighting.
Just because it hasn't been stated doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
It's like people who thought Roger was weak, like it would just be common sense that he's not when he's the PIRATE KING and was rival to Whitebeard, Garp and many other great Pirates.
It's a matter of waiting.
I think you have watched too many of these videos on YouTube which call him a fraud for the sake of humour and inciting an emotion from the reader, but it's obvious that Oda will get to it.

Him being static is just... not even sure how to word it. This is the person that Sabo, the person now called the Flame Emperor was trained by. Think people got to chill and stop being swayed by these YouTube shorts.

If there is anything I am tired of, it's how effective social media is at when it comes to deceiving people. Blackbeard is a fraud because he ran, Shanks is a fraud because he ran, Dragon's a fraud because he only looks to the east, Mihawk is a fraud because he left his home... I wish people would literally look at the internet as nothing more than entertainment to garner attention to make money. Not a place for legitimate advice, that's where friends and family come into play.
If I were a content creator, my goal would to have the worst takes of all because all I have to do is have controversial takes and opinions, and the views would pour in.... I'd just copy all and any silly theory from worstgen, lol.

It's hella funny, but sheesh, I enjoy watching Jay D. Legend and co... but the way content creators can really change the mind and perception of people from being rational to being completely lost... goes beyond Manga and Anime, people rationalising misogyny because some charismatic bald guy with a nice car said it makes it cool.

If I have anything I am sick of Manga related, it's Big Mom's treatment and I hope she's still alive.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
We don't need mention, it's obvious he fights, no way he's not fighting.
Just because it hasn't been stated doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
It's like people who thought Roger was weak, like it would just be common sense that he's not when he's the PIRATE KING and was rival to Whitebeard, Garp and many other great Pirates.
It's a matter of waiting.
I think you have watched too many of these videos on YouTube which call him a fraud for the sake of humour and inciting an emotion from the reader, but it's obvious that Oda will get to it.

Him being static is just... not even sure how to word it. This is the person that Sabo, the person now called the Flame Emperor was trained by. Think people got to chill and stop being swayed by these YouTube shorts.

If there is anything I am tired of, it's how effective social media is at when it comes to deceiving people. Blackbeard is a fraud because he ran, Shanks is a fraud because he ran, Dragon's a fraud because he only looks to the east, Mihawk is a fraud because he left his home... I wish people would literally look at the internet as nothing more than entertainment to garner attention to make money. Not a place for legitimate advice, that's where friends and family come into play.
If I were a content creator, my goal would to have the worst takes of all because all I have to do is have controversial takes and opinions, and the views would pour in.... I'd just copy all and any silly theory from worstgen, lol.

It's hella funny, but sheesh, I enjoy watching Jay D. Legend and co... but the way content creators can really change the mind and perception of people from being rational to being completely lost... goes beyond Manga and Anime, people rationalising misogyny because some charismatic bald guy with a nice car said it makes it cool.

If I have anything I am sick of Manga related, it's Big Mom's treatment and I hope she's still alive.
Actually we all know he's strong. His strength is not what I was talking about nor have I ever called him a fraud (I'm not a certain Queen). I will admit that I forgot a trained Sabo (don't get me started on Sabo) and if that doesn't for you good on you man. I think you need to reread my post. Cuz I never once in my statement questioned his strengths I just need a little more activity just I'm so way mentioned or something he doesn't have to be fighting, I just used that as an example that's all. But what I am saying is a little bit more activity like just even a throwaway mention of something he did would go a long way other than me just looking at panels of him having meetings and that be it.
I actually only watch 2 YouTubers (sawyer7mage and Grandline Reviews) and an occasional shorts (some of those have some sick edits) for one piece content that's about it really. and might have none of which have ever called Dragon a weakling or a fraud.
As for those people who keep call Blackbeard, Shanks, Roger, and the Admirals week I personally think their all stupid of course these guys are strong.
I've long since learned of mitigate my one piece YouTube and Twitter content (among other fandoms). As I'm only on Twitter to get the spoilers that's it. But that's enough about YouTube and Twitter content that's deserving of its own thread.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Honestly the things I'm tired of in the fandom deserves a whole other thread on to it self.
Such as me wishing that people would realize that Oda doesn't really take power scaling near a 10th as serious as they do, if he even thinks about it at all.
Looking at you Admirals versus Yonko debaters.

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I just need a little more activity just I'm so way mentioned or something he doesn't have to be fighting, I just used that as an example that's all. But what I am saying is a little bit more activity like just even a throwaway mention of something he did would go a long way other than me just looking at panels of him having meetings and that be it.
I am not saying you mentioned these things, but I can see how it comes across that way, apologies on that front.

It's just a matter of time, the issue is it's a weekly manga that's gone over 1,000 chapters. We will get the Dragon content eventually, it's just a matter of when. We're already at the end-game, Kuma's involved now as has been Sabo, it's not long before we get more from Dragon. Story is nearing its end after-all.