Voting Round 3 - Tifa Lockhart vs. Tsukasa Tsukuyomi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Tifa Lockhart vs. Tsukasa Tsukuyomi

Best Waifu?

• Tifa Lockhart

• Tsukasa Tsukuyomi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Tifa Lockhart
Final Fantasy VII
Tsukasa Tsukuyomi
Tonikaku Kawaii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This choice hurts :emocat I fear this is where I have to stop supporting you revo, Tifa is a top-class waifu and I can't leave Sky hanging :sweatdrop

Wishing both of you good luck though! Pretty sure that whoever wins this round will win the Waifu Wars, too.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Tifa all day any day 24/7 baby!

Reactions: Sky

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Voting Tsukasa, she sounds like a decent pick. But mostly because revo seems to be putting more effort in campaigning.
Tifa doesn't seem to be a bad pick but I have very little information about her from these campaigns.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yep, as a previous loser to a barely represented Tifa, I do urge voters to consider revo's quality and volume of support for her waifu. Tsukasa is the quintessential cute waifu in shounen manga atm.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hoping to see some good campaigns from you both this round! Double for Sky after last round :kappa

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tsukasa's pretty much had me caught in her tsukuyomi since rd 1. Will Tifa break me out of it?

ForSeaGle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
We need more pics of both characters.
Plz allow the public to make educated decisions. :hmph

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

1. The wife from the moon
2. Interlude I
3. The wise wife
4. Interlude II

Part 3

The cute and domestic wife

So I have been talking about Tsukasa's wise nature, mysterious story and serious personality... but in the end, how is she exactly as a wife?

Tsukasa comes from a swordsman and wandering life, but she loves the domestic routines; like cooking with her husband, doing home related stuffs with him, buying anime and mangas for the weekend, and such.

Based on the type of life she used to have, she's a commited girl, and will hide her little spoiled nature when it comes to a serious situation for her husband.
Like the arc when their house caught fire (long story to explain) and they had to find a quick place to stay, a room that Tsukasa-chan wasn't exactly pleased with.

But in the end, as caring and loving she is, she adapts, and is happy to just being able to still live around her husband and the people in general she loves.

And also, as a lover, she likes to spoil you

But wants to be spoiled back :blushbirb

Tsukasa isn't a normal girl (based on the posts of the previous campaigns) but she prefers the simple kind of happiness, and is glad of being able to live with it everyday with the man she loves.

She shows over and over again how not only she's a serious partner, someone who will put some common sense on you and be by your side no matter what, but also how caring and romantic type she can really be, not to mention her huge love for fiction/anime/games and wanting to share all that stuff with you.

So I'm gonna summarize the important points again:

-A canon warrior girl (expert with swords and fighting)
-A canon weeb girl (has her personal favorites mangas, animes and will not allow to lose at videogames)
-A canon mature and serious girl (lived a long, long life with not many happy events)
-A canon wife (shows how her character would be in an actual loving marriage and relationship)

She's competing against a very hyped and known videogame character, but please, give her chance!
I promise she's a character and waifu that it's worth it :nod

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Can't believe @Sky didn't make a single campaign post for Tifa :nah

Maybe I'll change my vote to Tsukasa after all...
Is he that ahead in the votes already then?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mi casa tsukasa, there goes my vote.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Unsurprisingly I'll vote Tsukasa, like I did in the previous rounds. Balsa's defeat + Tsukasa being a good waifu aside, rewarding the ones that bother to campaign and keep the event alive feels like the right thing.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is he that ahead in the votes already then?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mi casa tsukasa, there goes my vote.
I think he's not much of a campaign guy in general tbh, but I do want to see him put some effort into this at least once :XD

And I almost can't believe you just made the same kind of pun Sky made when I talked about Tsukasa with revo lol
--- Double Post Merged, ---

We need more pics of both characters.
Plz allow the public to make educated decisions. :hmph
I would gladly help but I have to stay neutral this round.... If Tifa wins, I promise you more pics :nod

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tsukasa gets my vote for now.

We're 3rd round now and Sky still hasn't campaigned :nah C'mon lad, do better than just riding on popularity off the recently released game.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sadly I wasn't able to come up with something during the previous round and Nii is right. I suck at this. Hard. :XD

Anyway. Back then I just talked about her personal traits.
Let's talk about her role in the plot.

Warning
Contains heavy to minor spoilers for FF7 Remake as a whole.

Tifa is part of a freedom fighter group called AVALANCHE whose main goal is to overthrow the acting government of the planet - The Shinra electric power company.
With her father as well as her whole hometown getting brutally murdered by Shinra (in a sense) she has every reason to do so.

Having a strong sense of responsibility makes her a valuable asset to the group as well as a great person in general.
As I said earlier she is the "Mother of the group", serving as emotional support to the whole party before, during and after missions.
Of course being a really good barkeeper helps as well. Basically serving shots after the fighters received some.

Don't get me wrong. This might sound like she hardly is part of the action but this girl knows how to fight for herself.

Tifa is the perfect mix of a fighting badass and a sweet cinnamon roll, as she knows how to throw punches but also welcomes you back with the brightest smile.

Other facts:
- She values her friends - or rather her family - over anything else in the world.
- After losing almost everything 5 years prior to the main story, she worked hard to find another place to belong to.
- Freedom fighting aside, she spends most of her day working hard in the sector 7 slums of Midgar as well as caring for everyone else but herself.

After the destruction of sector 7 - her new home - at the hands of Shinra she had to face the fact, that the group they were fighting took almost everything from her once again. While usually trying to keep it inside and act strong, she couldn't help but cry herself into the arms of her husbando. :emocat

Tifa is a woman who went through a lot of emotional trauma at a very young age already. And while this isn't uncommon for a female lead in a japanese story, it is still remarkable that she still managed to get back up by her own strength again and again.

~Even a love rival won't break her spirit~

Ready to fight for her place at the top of this event!

Please forgive me for being such a lousy writer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.