Shounen - To-LOVE-Ru Darkness by Hasemi Saki & Yabuki Kentaro WARNING - Mature Content | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen To-LOVE-Ru Darkness by Hasemi Saki & Yabuki Kentaro WARNING - Mature Content

deffkryz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: To-LOVE-Ru (Trouble) by Hasemi Saki & Yabuki Kentaro

I love how mikan is in the imaginary harem....man the direction this is going in is a strange one but...
Well, Rito accidentally did grope his little sister in the Jump series sometimes... And iirc she initially made fun of him that they weren't siblings by blood. So that allusions to incest always existed in the series. And some fans would have speculated anyways once Mikan appeared in her apron, so I don't feel anything bad about that if the author anticipated such a relationship to attract those readers - while regular readers feel a bit unused or even disgusted about it.

I think S&Y will still have an eye on that to play a bit with their relationship while anyone besides Yami, Momo, Nana and Mae may step aside and only come back once "needed". Mikan is Yami's best terran friend, and Rito still seems to be Yami's target... So I wouldn't expect them not to show up. But I wouldn't expect them to "cross the line", either.

I would say that understandable, To-Love-Ru has turned into a kind of soft ****** now.
It has always been that way... Hell, Yui lost her panties in school. >.< The nipples were printed in the tankoubon rereleases and only censored in the Jump because Weekly Jump adresses to younger audience and sells much more than Jump SQ. I have the feeling, that no one from Mangastream ever read TLR and just thought of it to be some popular spin-off of Kuroneko/BlackCat. o_O

BTW... So TLRd replaces Mayoi Neko Overrun?

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah it's not that different from the old TLR...probably felt that way because it was a longer chapter...thus more fanservice (uncensored) and such. But by direction i mean the focus on the younger devilukes....i want to see more of Lala and Yui lol

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I don't think it was just the longer chapter. Even if the manga was the same as when it was in jump, momo did take things a bit too far and above that it would seem she is about to have a large role in the story. Seriously, she actually wants to turn rito into a relentless incestuous whore monger who'd spend the rest of his days ruling the universe from the very center of a HUGE orgy. That is hardly PG and obviously a tad more than what MS is used to handling. It's one thing if the manga has blood, gore, mutilations, war and whatnot but right now we are talking about a completely degenerate and amoral 13 year old who has a fancy for orgies. I think MS has perfectly valid reasons for their decision. To love ru had their moments however it never went so implicitly in this direction (lala had a purity thing which simply stopped her from understanding the full scope of the situation) and when it did it was mostly a situational thing revolving around the few chapters in which momo had a large part.

deffkryz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

You know... I'm kinda fed up with that bigoted pov what's acceptable "mature content" and what's not. Violence is always cool and fine even if it's a bloody all out melee, but once you've got to see a tiny nipple everyone starts to get aroused and whines for PG as if everyone started to have public sex orgies and violence would be a much bigger part of humanity than reproduction... That's simply damn awkward.

Momo has been a stereotypical Yandere from the beginning (while Nana being the Tsundere) - and her behaviour just starts to turn destructive. She has always been trying to seduce Rito halfnaked or by "forgetting to wear panties" while slipping into his futon - and she never had a problem with Rito being befriended closely to the other ones. Momo developing those fantasies is part of her character development. End of story. The weekly jump prints only lacked of the nipples and repainted crotch shots - nipples were added and crotch repaints were removed in the tankoubon releases.

MS is only proving that they haven't read the story but some excerpts and went for the funny parts and popularity of the first censored version of the series - otherwise they wouldn't have ascertained via Twitter that they'd do the scans. And if they didn't know about or ignored the fact that Jump SQ adresses to a slightly older readership than Weekly Jump (Mayoi Neko Overrun should have given them SOME hints on how Yakubi-sensei illustrates etchi) they just aren't the pros they're pretending.

They aren't doing other Shounen serieses with their harem and nudity contents either (like Mahou Sensei Negima), so why start TLR which has always been closer to crossing the line than probably any other Shounen series?

BTW: Episode 1 of "Motto ToLOVE-Ru" aired yesterday... :)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I don't think it is entirely appropriate to put blood and gore in the same page as nudity though. I would think sex and violence should be seen in different contexts for the most part. That said, mayoi neko overun did not have nearly as much nudity as this to love ru chapter. Certainly there was nudity however the amounts of it were more manageable.

CBlitz

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

so I just read TLR and started Darkness....will this spin-off have a plot or is it still gonna be the same episodic sort of stuff? The subtitle leads me to believe that they want to pull a Negima and turn this into a battle-manga....I'd love to see Golden Darkness fight some more and more info about her past etc

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Has anyone bothered keeping up with this? I am a but surprised about the manga, rito was THAT close to getting laid lol(at least a few girls have made an obvious attempt to grab his junk). Anyways, the manga has some less than pg content but in turn it would seem that for the time being it is going to be more plot oriented than before which is good.

Negative Syndicate

Due to getting lots of CPs, I'm worried that this going to be short series.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

what is CP?

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Guys.. Spoilers are out since a long time, looks like some Yui time :)
Anyway do you think that this manga will get cancelled because of the new law??

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

^What new law?

Negative Syndicate

^What new law?
The regulation that manga with "graphic image" will be illegal to sell audience under 18.

I think Yabuki has two options, either reduce To Love-Ru's sexual exposing images or move to seinen mangazine.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Negative Syndicate wrote:
either reduce To Love-Ru's sexual exposing images or move to seinen mangazine.
I read somewhere that the new law could even regulate stuff like Berserk which is serialized in a Seinen magazine!! I read somewhere that basically there are 2 types of Seinen *Writen in different kanjis* like Seinen for young adults (Say from 15 to 18) and the other type is for adults (From 18 onwards) so To-Love Ru would have to move to that type of magazine?
What are Shueisha's Seinen *18+* magazines? ULTRA JUMP?

Negative Syndicate

What are Shueisha's Seinen *18+* magazines? ULTRA JUMP?
Shueisha's seinen magazines are Weekly Young Jump, Business Jump, Super Jump, Girls Jump, Ultra Jump, and upcoming Miracle Jump.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I just read the latest couple of chapters and it keeps getting dirtier. This manga really can't replace my weekly echi lol.... It's a little to strong for that...

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Also.. I don't really like the whole monthly chapter thingy..
And Lala, Haruna, Rin haven't been featured in chapters :(
To Love Ru Darkness is for loli lovers mostly, I mean it focuses way too much on Momo, Nana, What's her name alien sister of Yami, Yami and Mikan.. I want more Lala, Rin and Kotegawa, although Kotegawa was featured in one chapter so I can't really complain as much..

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
God, i feel guilty for loving this series; but i can't help it! The dirtier it gets the more funny i think it is.

So many series play around with the ecchi thing but To-Love-Ru~Darkness is openly shameless about it. I just love the way Momo has turned into the main character and spends her every waking hour trying to corrupt Rito. There are certain lines that Ecchi just doesn't cross and Momo is trying with every fiber of her being to get Rito to cross them, like a little devil perched on his shoulder. I think her ongoing struggle with Rito's conscience is absolutely hilarious. As is her pervy enthusiasm for the task.:D

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To be honest I kinda miss lala. Unfortunately the series had that complete change of focus.... I admit I find the idea of the harem stupid. How in the hell did momo conclude everyone would be happy being rito's concubines? How in the hell rito considered such a thing would even begin to make sense? Its outright dumb... were it not for the underlying plot against yami chan the manga would have absolutely nothing about it worth reading.... The original series lost popularity because the story pretty much went nowhere but this one is very close of not going anywhere either.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't say i really think the harem idea stupid. It's a bit of a foreign concept to western culture but I've actually seen the same thing used in some fairly serious works of fiction; and done quite well.

For example: In The Wheel of Time books a reasonably similar thing happens. With 3 girls and the main character. This is due to the fact that all 3 girls are friends and refuse to allow the man to drive them apart. So they decide to embrace a concept in one of their cultures called Sister-wives. Which is basically polygamy

What Momo is trying to do in To-Love-Ru~Darkness is on a lot bigger scale but the principles are essentially the same.

Though i don't think harem is actually the right term for what Momo is pursuing. What she wants Rito to embrace is more like polygamy. In effect ending up lovingly married to basically every female in the series.

Because, if i understand correctly, she comprehends that all those girls around Rito are actually in love with him(herself included). So she's decided that the only way for them all or them to get what they want is her "Harem Plan". It actually makes a certain kind of sense in their situation.

And i think the shameless and goofy way it's presented is all part of the charm.

Last edited: