Shounen - Toaru Kagaku no Railgun | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

By: Kamachi Kazuma and Fuyukawa Motoi
Genre: Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Shounen, Super Power
Published in: Dengeki Daioh

Synopsis
The story is set in a world where supernatural powers exist through science, and magic exists through religion.
‘Academy City.’ 2.3 million inhabitants.
80% of the students are active in the ‘Brain Development Program’ and out of those only 7 are Level 5s.
Meet the civilian protagonist Mikoto and her friend Kuroko, maintainers of peace and order at the University district, as members of the 'Judgment'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The latest chapter during Daihesei's arc was awesome - I meant when those two guys punching the lightning like it is nothing is very cool. But maybe Misaka's power is also not in her fullest potential, I think. I conclude that because the building she was directed to be destroyed does not affected by her lightning at all.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The latest chapter during Daihesei's arc was awesome - I meant when those two guys punching the lightning like it is nothing is very cool. But maybe Misaka's power is also not in her fullest potential, I think. I conclude that because the building she was directed to be destroyed does not affected by her lightning at all.
Kihara said she was at 2% of her power, Touma negated her power easily for that reason. I'd want to see more of her power but we already know the outcome of this fight and the building wasn't destroyed. I am curious to know what Gunha did after this though.

Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Kihara said she was at 2% of her power, Touma negated her power easily for that reason. I'd want to see more of her power but we already know the outcome of this fight and the building wasn't destroyed. I am curious to know what Gunha did after this though.
Exactly, but the lightning was so gargantuan, I thought it had some sort of enormous power. I'm questioning about that as well, does Gunha join the battle simply because of curiosity or something else.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gunha joins the battle because of guts:heh. Let's say the combo beat her, Touma hasn't major injuries, he can dance with her, it means Misaki remembers all of this and will erase Kuroko memories but what about Misaka? :blink, Touma should be able to remember if his right hand touches his head, no?

Or maybe Misaka didn't forget and was dancing with her?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Gunha joins the battle because of guts:heh. Let's say the combo beat her, Touma hasn't major injuries, he can dance with her, it means Misaki remembers all of this and will erase Kuroko memories but what about Misaka? :blink, Touma should be able to remember if his right hand touches his head, no?

Or maybe Misaka didn't forget and was dancing with her?
That's a reasonable argument :XD. I don't think Misaki is able to erase Misaka's memories as freely as she could with other people though. I don't see any reason why are you suggesting it's necessary for her to erase all the memories either, I think Misaka is not someone who would mind having memories in this catastrophic incident.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That's a reasonable argument :XD. I don't think Misaki is able to erase Misaka's memories as freely as she could with other people though. I don't see any reason why are you suggesting it's necessary for her to erase all the memories either, I think Misaka is not someone who would mind having memories in this catastrophic incident.
It's hard to think she was in the mood to dance after that but her mad love for Touma could be the reason:hmmm, he would dance with her no matter what.
And there is Misaki, she would really let them dance like that? :XD.

There is also that after that she didn't try to investigate on Kihara or the darkness, at least in the LNs, she seems to live her life peacefully without worries.

Touma should remember but I am not sure about Misaka, I am almost sure Kuroko's memories have been erased though.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
It's hard to think she was in the mood to dance after that but her mad love for Touma could be the reason:hmmm, he would dance with her no matter what.
And there is Misaki, she would really let them dance like that? :XD.

There is also that after that she didn't try to investigate on Kihara or the darkness, at least in the LNs, she seems to live her life peacefully without worries.

Touma should remember but I am not sure about Misaka, I am almost sure Kuroko's memories have been erased though.
Ah yes, about the dance. I am really looking forward for such a sweet event, but there are some inconsistencies if we have to make Railgun's and Index's story line to unite as a one entity, although they both come from the same franchise. Like :

Are you sure that Misaka would still meet Touma's parents in Railgun? to be honest after this ruckus, I highly doubt it

Misaki's feeling for Touma is still unclear :teehee

You are right about Touma and Kuroko, but I'm pretty sure Misaka would remember.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Touma X Misaka shipper in denial:teehee. I am not sure about the timeline, didn't he beat Oriana already?

:wtf I don't care about how it will end anymore, this is awesome! Never thought I'd see Touma in a situation like that:XD. Gunha is the man.

rajin

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
British Virgin Islands
started to read it.and already spoiled myself with spoilers and raws

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gunha is a beast! How strong is that guy? His Amazing Punch is impressive and he is able to take the lightning of an evolved Misaka without major injuries. If Misaka reaches level 6, she will die. Gensei is ready to die for science as well, the outcome of this battle depends mainly on Misaki and Kuroko IMO, Touma and Gunha can only buy time. But I don't see Misaki winning...

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Off-paneled Gunha :sad. Misaki lost and Misaka is evolving, Gensei is alive and kicking.

How did Touma save the day? It becomes more and more difficult to imagine the outcome.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Off-paneled Gunha :sad. Misaki lost and Misaka is evolving, Gensei is alive and kicking.

How did Touma save the day? It becomes more and more difficult to imagine the outcome.
It's going to be a long time before this arc ended. It turned out to be longer than what I have expected, the plot is so convoluted. In Index, the arc seems relatively simpler than in Railgun.

Oh by the way, FYI another Toaru series with Accelerator as the main cast has been scanlated recently.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Kuroko was badass in this chapter and she is too cute i this manga, I wish she was like this in the anime, alot the characters need new character designs considering the art evolution, especially Touma.

Misaki beat Gensei at his own game, hopefully the next chap will be focused on Touma/Gunha vs Misaka.

---------- Post added March 28, 2014 at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was March 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM ----------

"A little guts is enough to stop bleeding and reconnect bones":hip.
I guess we can add high regeneration speed to his powers? With a kamikaze attack maybe.

Touma's speech was awesome too but the most interesting thing is that there is a dragon in his right hand, he came back...

Is it another form of the Invisible Thing?

When you reach level 6 your power is not that of an Esper anymore, then what are you? A God?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well, we already seen the visualization of God Killer in his right hand, I guess that's what he is :p, that chapter looks really awesome, I wish we could have it being animated in the near future. This arc has been a wonderful blast.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dolly... :( Yet another Misaka clone that had to suffer because of the incredible greed of Academy Citys scientists... Makes me wonder if her sister is connected to Full Tuning. Mi-chan sure had it ruff too... The darkness of this city is almost scary.

I agree though. This has to be animated... "Level 6" Mikoto would look amazing.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Aogami :lmao.

Saten disappeared just when she was going to give interesting informations to Mikoto. Ringlet curl girl is adorable, trying to do the impossible :XD.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Kuroko and Uiharu started investigating and they met a kid Esper, creator of the app.

Not a very interesting chapter...

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So it's impossible to change what is seen by Espers with Precognition unless you are a Telepotation user or something which uses calculations outside of the 3rd dimension, interesting but slow chapter.

I find it quite amusing that Kuroko has plenty of time with the kid while escaped Musujime :XD, she would have probably did her best to help him despite her trauma.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up with this. That Jailbreaker arc started strong but I don't like the pacing of the recent chapters. Right now I mostly want to know how that prisoner girl got one of Touma(?)'s dragons?