Shounen - Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Those outfits were magnificent ! I was so happy when he came out in his uniform, I thought it was tribute to Draken-kun and Toman but then he just gave up on the award. He basically gave up on his promise to Draken kun ?? At least someone is finally going to whack Chifuyu's head.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The twin dragons' tribute was cute. Not to mention his new haircut that shows his dragon tattoo. Glad Mitsuya is back, he is a cool character. Hopefully he will keep Takemichi in line cause he's been really bipolar lately:
" I'm gonna do this alone!!!!"
1 min later
"I'm gonna build a team!!!"
Bruh.. welcome aboard Mitsuya. Save this messy group and the fashion sense.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I caught up, I'm pissed at mikey, and like many of you, I dont think the arc is bad at all, but the manga could have ended up at last arc, it was perfect.
I really like how Hina is taking care of takemitchy, she says nothing if not needed but understands / reads the situation and her bf feelings quickly and always have the right words, she's really a great gf and I like the romance parts in this manga a lot.
this scene :pout

239 That chapter ! :zomg Mitsuya, this guy is pure gold, yeah we need some style to achieve greatness ! :nod

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Well the arc feels bad to me. I barely liked anything in the current arc. I mean what happened up til now ?

First things first, Takemitchy throws away a good future to save Mikey...okay it's always good to try.
We get introduced to the three deities. We're all hyped to see the monsters that apparently are on Mikey's level.
We discover that on Brahman's side is a boss girl, the God of war and the strongest duo of the Black D's. INCREDIBLE.
We also have a huge guy with the Tenjiku boys in Rokuhara tendai. NEAT.

Then what ?
- The strong girl is saved just to lose to the other guys. So in the end she was just the Brahman's princess who likes shopping.
- Draken died. BRING HIM BACK.
- Terano is hyped and killed in two chapters.
- The God of war is weak ??
- The strongest duo lost to teenagers
- Takemitchy "cries it out" because that's what he always do.
- He's gonna do it alone.
- Nevermind he will do it in a team.
- Yo Chifuyu, Yo Inupi ! You guys found a stable job ? Leave it and come get your ass kicked with mine.
- Mitsuya won't join because he made a promise. Wait no...he will join because fuck that.
- Chifuyu suddenly have a very bad sense of style.
- Pah and Pey came and left because apparently Draken's death hurts Takemitchy more than them.

Takemitchy says it's unfair that Mikey sacrificed himself to save everyone's future and is the only one left in dust. That in the end Mikey is the one that protected everyone, not him. So it's just an ego problem ? That he's the one who came back but someone else resolved everything in his place ? To me this is just spitting in Mikey's face when he could be thankful to the guy and get married and let the others have their happy ending.

(Never forget that when Hina was in his wedding dress in front of him, Mitchy was only thinking of Mikey's smile. If it's Mikey you want to marry just say so ?)

Hina is still best girl tho ! (and she deserves better)

TL;DR: I feel like nothing made sense in this arc and that everyone's opinion keeps changing like a weather vane.
Bring back the Takemicthy who faced Taiju.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And don't get me started on how I don't get why shaking Mikey's hand only brought him back 10 years in the past when it should have sent him to before Shinichiro's death so he could stop it and thus resolve like...70% of our problems ?? Anyway.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
(Never forget that when Hina was in his wedding dress in front of him, Mitchy was only thinking of Mikey's smile. If it's Mikey you want to marry just say so ?)
Maybe you cracked the mystery. That would certainly explain things this arc. :lmao

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think the manga didnt need it this arc at all, I didnt get attached to the new characters introduced nor I care about them, and yeah im pissed at Mikeys develpoment and above all Drakken death, (even tho he had an obvious death flag from early stage, his death is useless and doesnt bring anything, only ruins takemitchy devlopment too) I dont think it ( the arc) is necessarily bad. (by no way Im saying it's good, its tolerable but definitely not to my taste) but for Tokyo Revengers standarts it's different that what the manga delivered so far. it would have ended perfectly with the wedding. :pout

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

@BD_Beno BOOM :cool:

We back in business.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@BD_Beno BOOM :cool:
It was always in the cards ;)

I guess it's better to wait for the full backstory. But 1st impression, not liking the direction of Senju and Sanzu being with Baji and Mikey, since there's like 0 basis for it. Ofc, with the Shin-Takeomi connection, a past with Mikey is logical, but probably would've been better if that was through Black Dragon meet ups or something.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Finally a chapter that made sense.
(Tho calling Takemitchy captain still leaves a bad taste in my mouth...)

I really don't know what to expect of that new backstory.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Backstory felt very pointless.

So Mikey's dark impulses started because he lost a toy in his childhood? :-_- Seriously, this felt like a weak reason. There's several reasons to become an edgelord, losing your favorite toy isn't one. Otherwise we'd all be edgelords even now.

The silver lining is that Senju finally joined the group, but she could have joined regardless even without this chapter lol.

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m assuming the point of this flashback is to show that Mikey has always been unstable. This flashback doesn’t really answer anything though. Like if this has always been a problem then I don’t understand how we’re supposed to deal with it. Beating Mikey is not gonna cure his mental illness. He needs to talk to a therapist or something (if there were any adults/parents in this series he would have talked to one years ago)

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
What...just what was this backstory?

Tokyo Revengers feels such a far cry from what it was...this backstory is legit so childish.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Feels so hard to believe the same Mikey that forgave his friend for killing his brother is the same Mikey that would beat up so bad a friend over a toy.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Feels so hard to believe the same Mikey that forgave his friend for killing his brother is the same Mikey that would beat up so bad a friend over a toy.
"Beat up"

He legit mutilated Sanzu 💀

Backstory felt very pointless.

So Mikey's dark impulses started because he lost a toy in his childhood? :-_- Seriously, this felt like a weak reason. There's several reasons to become an edgelord, losing your favorite toy isn't one. Otherwise we'd all be edgelords even now.

The silver lining is that Senju finally joined the group, but she could have joined regardless even without this chapter lol.
Honestly this cringe backstory is just making me dislike Mikey now, even though he used to be my favourite character lol. And Senju also feels such a shoehorned character now.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wakui :notlikethis

As mentioned above, the chap is saying Mikey's always been this way, and what Wakui is going to try to sell is Mikey getting bonked will 'wake him up' and maybe reform himself. But, goddamn it, feels like a different character and invalidates the growth and journey starting from Shin's death to ending with him trying to save Izana and calling Takemitchy his hero. Not to mention, we've seen him spare/forgive Peh, Mucho, Kazutora, etc.

Then there's the implications regarding his childhood, it feels like he'd go apeshit if anyone used/touched his belongings. This is why I disliked Baji being included here because there never was any sign of this nor with anyone in Toman. It was kids just messing around and a brotherhood, fear was never involved. Sure, Mikey's possessive, but it only got dark after people died. Or else, he'd have flipped his lid on Hina after she smacked him and yanked Takemitchy away from him. It also looks pretty awful that he trashed Takemitchy's belongings that one time.

I guess I'm more positive towards Sanzu cause damn.

Haruchiyo: 'breathes'
Everyone:

:feelsbadman

@Hermit I got the deats of what happened as the Tenjiku arc was being wrapped up.
What's an editor's job

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New chapter is out

Man, that Senju panel is great. I really hope she gets a chance to redeem herself in this upcoming battle.

Also lmao, this was so meta. Takemitchy's first good line in ages.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chap 243

The Kantou Manji Gang roster is complete overkill.

Waka and Benkei, WTF. I thought they only came back to the gang life for Senju, go back to managing the gym smh. I guess we're gonna have mentor-mentee fight then.

Kakucho is lame, gets his ass folded and becomes a person's bitch like clockwork. The Takemitchy childhood friend point going nowhere.

Then WTF MIkey. Seriously, how is freakin Hanma in the gang. Kisaki's right-hand man, accomplice of Emma's death, Draken's rival, etc. Did the DaRk ImPuLsEs go on a vacation or something??? Also, Mikey doesn't realize he beat Mitchy to a pulp, Koko should've been like uh boss, you almost murdered the lad.

Welp, at least the Hina part was great as usual 😌

Oh also, a lot of people are hoping Taiju comes back and helps Toman. I'm liking that idea, we know he does reform himself in the future and has a debt to Takemitchy. My favorite comment was him showing up in the middle of the battle and going, "What's up fuckers." and reciting a bible line.

Chap 244

The opening double spreads were great. The story is going to end just like it started: Train-kun the victor.

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Why did those 2 change sides? What have Mikey offered them? Feel like they are somehow doing it for Senju.

How are they supposed to defeat so many guys with OP Mikey and so many other dangerous members?

Looks like they going emotional route here, or they will be decimated.

Yeah, in the end, train-kun will be the only winner.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chap 247

The color spread is 🔥

Just once I wish my boy Mitsuya didn't get cheap-shotted in a fight :feelsbadman. Nice that Hakkai stepped up there tho

Last edited: