Shounen - Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tokyo Revengers by Ken Wakui

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Someone give him a good whack on the head already like pleaaaaaaase !

If he's a one man army what does he need a gang for ??
Seeing Sanzu and Hanma getting a good kick was satisfying tho :verily

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
This chapter did not have the intended effect on me. This was supposed make Mikey a sympathetic character but all I took from it is that everyone around him is a villain and is as much to blame for his actions as he is.

Mikey should’ve been getting some mental help since he was three. His mom would praise him for beating the shit out of other children when she should have been correcting his actions. The best she does is tell him he was a crybaby when he was (Because of course) a baby and that stupid sentence had the effect you would expect it to have. His grandfather taught this unstable creature martial arts making him a more effective monster. His brother put him on the path to flat out being a thug and glorified that behavior. This family sucks. All of their terrible mentoring and gross negligence in regards to this clearly messed up child’s mental health formed the psychopath we see today. Not tragedy, poor parenting and mentoring.

Like seriously the math is there it’s like powerpuff girls formula. Being proud to beat on others, Proper technique to beat on others, a love for gang/biker culture and the final ingredient; chemical imbalance

Last edited:

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
This chapter did not have the intended effect on me. This was supposed make Mikey a sympathetic character but all I took from it is that everyone around him is a villain and is as much to blame for his actions as he is.

Mikey should’ve been getting some mental help since he was three. His mom would praise him for beating the shit out of other children when she should have been correcting his actions. The best she does is tell him he was a crybaby when he was (Because of course) a baby and that stupid sentence had the effect you would expect it to have. His grandfather taught this unstable creature martial arts making him a more effective monster. His brother put him on the path to flat out being a thug and glorified that behavior. This family sucks. All of their terrible mentoring and gross negligence in regards to this clearly messed up child’s mental health formed the psychopath we are to day. Not tragedy, poor parenting and mentoring.

Like seriously the math is there it’s like powerpuff girls formula. Being proud to beat on others, Proper technique to beat on others, a love for gang/biker culture and the final ingredient; chemical imbalance
You summed it up very well.

Also when I saw his dad I thought it was Takemitchy I was ????
(((Baby Mikey was so cute tho omg)))

But it's not a touching backstory, far from it. And in the next chapters we'll just see how he fed from all the praise to become even more unstable.
Draken was the only one who could keep him in line (though Kenny isn't an angel either) but with him gone it was sure that all hell was gonna break lose.

I wonder if Kisaki was alive if things could have been different ? If instead of Sanzu wanting to unleash them chaotically, He would have put that power to better use ? At least not used it on their own men lol. (I remember Kisaki said he wanted to embrace the darkside so Mikey could keep shining or something.)

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
You summed it up very well.

Also when I saw his dad I thought it was Takemitchy I was ????
(((Baby Mikey was so cute tho omg)))

But it's not a touching backstory, far from it. And in the next chapters we'll just see how he fed from all the praise to become even more unstable.
Draken was the only one who could keep him in line (though Kenny isn't an angel either) but with him gone it was sure that all hell was gonna break lose.

I wonder if Kisaki was alive if things could have been different ? If instead of Sanzu wanting to unleash them chaotically, He would have put that power to better use ? At least not used it on their own men lol. (I remember Kisaki said he wanted to embrace the darkside so Mikey could keep shining or something.)
I also thought his dad was Takamitchy.

And I assume things would or at the very least could be different with Kisaki considering the fact that we’ve seen many timelines where Mikey didn’t decide he should just beat everyone up. But, given Takamitchy’s consistent interference, I’m assuming he’d likely end up just like Sanzu

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
@Meliodaf nicely summed. I really didn't feel sorry for Mikey, but it just shows how fucked up his education was. The fact that Takemitchy looks like his father is also quite interesting.

I think Mikey is prime example of how mental health is important. Not only he never had a solid education to begin with, but he also suffered from a series of events that significantly impacted him (loss of his brother by one of his friends, loss of his sister, and then Drakken). To me, I just get the feeling that Mikey is a highly emotional guy that keeps shutting off his feelings

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well today's chapter was basically the UI Shaggy meme come to life in Takemitchy.

Regarding Mikey's backstory, my feeling is besides Sanzu parts, it wasn't bad, but misplaced. Feel like it would be better to get this insight into his head when Kisaki was alive and then end it with Mikey calling Mitchy his hero in chap 188.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sano Shinichiro!

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
I am. Very confused. Like ???????????????
If anyone has an explanation please.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I am. Very confused. Like ???????????????
If anyone has an explanation please.
At the moment no explanations. But it would seem Shinichiro changed the timeline so that Mikey is no longer in that vegetative state. Now how this impacted Takemitchi (and how he obtained his power) is a whole different question. Let's just wait and see

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I remember when Shin was considered weak, just like Takemitchy. And now both kicking ass lol.. Besides that, the Shin chaps have been pretty good so far.

Every time I see Sanzu, I think why did Wakui even add this dude to the story.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I am surprised that he is this strong in this timeline. That was surprising.

i wonder who is this old man they are talking about

Ahaa so now we understand how Takemitchy got his powers.

Well, i still wonder what caused Mikey’s darkness… was that a result of Shin changing the future ?

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good ending to the Shin chapters and way to tie the time-leaping aspect.

Every time I see Sanzu, I think why did Wakui even add this dude to the story.
Got my answer. Simply to be a trigger for Shin because outside of that his character doesn't make sense. You'd think with how he viewed Shin, he'd actually do something during the Valhalla arc. Also, knowing what Shin went through for Mikey, he'd actually watch over Mikey, instead Kisaki had his way many times. Now, he's all about Mikey being an empty husk killing machine, whereas before he broke down over Mikey being in a vegetative state. His character is all over the place.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Popularity poll results:

The bad taste.... Sanzu is freakin 5th?! Over the likes of Draken, Mitsuya, and Izana.

So 4 chapters left. Doesn't feel nearly enoguh with how fast pace the series is, like literally 1 thing happened in 18 pages for this chapter. Oh, and Dark Impules was bad from the getgo, but now it's confirmed to be a curse. So everything about Mikey has been reduced to him being a cursed child... :fail

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Popularity poll results:

The bad taste.... Sanzu is freakin 5th?! Over the likes of Draken, Mitsuya, and Izana.

So 4 chapters left. Doesn't feel nearly enoguh with how fast pace the series is, like literally 1 thing happened in 18 pages for this chapter. Oh, and Dark Impules was bad from the getgo, but now it's confirmed to be a curse. So everything about Mikey has been reduced to him being a cursed child... :fail
Draken NINTH !!!!!
I will NEVER let this go.
At least Izana is in the top 10.
4th is too high for Takemichi.
Baji 3rd is great when you remeber he's been dead for a loooong time.
I think Sanzu and Haitanis are just hyped up cause they're pretty. Twitter is all over them because of this.

I have lost all hope of a satisfying ending. I'm just reading it through the end because...well...I already made it this far anyway.

OOF.

It's about time.
Idk what to expect in the next chapter tho.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
So Mikey got PoF'd after all, if I'm not wrong.

Man, this manga went down hard after Kisaki's death.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
So Mikey got PoF'd after all, if I'm not wrong.

I do kinda agree. Not a huge fan of this curse scenario

On the other hand, really curious to see whether the author will have the balls to actually have Takemitchy dead or whether some trip to the past will occur again

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking back, I now say Kisaki was the heart of this series and made it go. Everything interesting was to see what he would pull off next. Sure he's a simp, but Hina's great so I don't even care lol. If there's a top 10 rd, I'd give the fucker at least 8 pts. Also, pretty sure DI curse crap wasn't thought by Wakui while he Kisaki was alive, but with new context, he did have DI Mikey dancing in the palm of his hand.

Side note, Wakui really was able to extend the story 80+ chaps after Tenjiku.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Im not uptodate guys, Im not happy with last arc, I will catch later. But here the 2nd season PV featuring the Black Dragon arc , it will start on Jan 2023

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did…Did they just speed run the ending? I mean happy Drakken is alive but huh?

Jocis

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Did…Did they just speed run the ending? I mean happy Drakken is alive but huh?
The ending was scheduled for about two months back. But after what they announced it kind of got 2 o 3 more chapters.