Favorites - Top 5 Favorite Matches in the Series? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Top 5 Favorite Matches in the Series?

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Top 5 Favorite Matches in the Series (part 1)?

4. Tezuka VS Sanada
Tezuka phantom is just plain cool. I still think to this day that Tezuka should have won the match because he manage to put spin on the ball through. I don’t really like the way that Sanada win by shouting, just not make sense at all, unless his roar has enough shock wave or something like that to be enough to move the ball, in which case he should do it more often. But despite the ending, the match itself is great.
Sanada didn't "win" by shouting. Sanada won because Tezuka couldn't hit the ball over the net and lost.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Sanada didn't "win" by shouting. Sanada won because Tezuka couldn't hit the ball over the net and lost.
I beg to differ. It was through shouting, because that is how shonen works. Whoever shouts the loudest wins.

jelome1989

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Sanada did win 'that point' and the match by shouting.
But Sanada shouting or not, he wins the game. Even if Tezuka got that point, they're both at their limits and I assume they cant continue after that point so Sanada wins cause he has the lead 6-5

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand

Meh, I got no idea why Tezuka didn't use his right hand. He might not be able to use any of his tech with it, but it should be sufficient to beat Sanada with that leg injury. (In one of the flashback Tezuka show the ability to play with his right hand, so he can play with it) But I guess with all the 'pressure' he forgot to do so.

Last edited:

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Meh, I got no idea why Tezuka didn't use his right hand. He might not be able to use any of his tech with it, but it should be sufficient to beat Sanada with that leg injury. (In one of the flashback Tezuka show the ability to play with his right hand, so he can play with it) But I guess with all the 'pressure' he forgot to do so.
His right had is weak sauce in comparison to his left. He can't actually play a person as good as Sanada with it and win. Now if Sanada can't walk Tezuka will stomp him with just his right hand. That's why that point was so important. If Sanada didn't win that point I don't really see how he could have continued...

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Now, that I think about, Kirihara's match vs Krauser was also worth watching
(I suppose reason is obvious, no?)

MochiRoll

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Mine would have:

1. Tezuka vs. Atobe
When everything about PoT was still basically realistic. And plus, this was the time where Atobe debuted his infamous finger-snapping, jacket-throwing "Atobe/Hyoutei chant". So fetch!

2. Ryoma vs Atobe
When I say it was awesomeness, it's awesomeness. Atobe was playing for Hyoutei. Koshimae was playing for Seigaku. Having the cockiest characters give their all for their team. Man, that's just really awesomeness.

3. Golden Pair vs Niou/Yagyuu
Screw the anime! This was the most legendary doubles match. Nothing can top this one.

4. Tezuka vs Sanada
Woah! The ultimate broken techniques in full action. FuRinKaZan vs Tezuka Zone. Tezuka Phantom vs Rai. It was crazy. Even emotional at times. Now, that's really great.

5. Tezuka vs Kite
Only because Hyoutei and Shitenhouji watched it. And more importantly, the Three Demons watched it! Sanada being badass with Seigaku regulars not knowing about Hyakuren.."Fools. They go to the same school and they don't even know." Whack! Yukimura first shown with his uniform..."It's been a while...since I've seen Tezuka use 'that'." *me is happy* It implied that Tezuka, Sanada and Yukimura had history together. I assumed right away that they played for the same school before middle high. Several chapters later, Sanada's flashback revealed different things but still...I was happy that they knew of each other even before.

And plus this showed Koshimae that Tezuka was still the real boss in Seigaku..."I remember you telling me once to become Seigaku's pillar of support....I will take it from you. I will take Seigaku's pillar from your hands."

Again, screw the anime for omitting the part instead put Oishi to explain everything. I was like WHATTHEHELL!?!? What's the problem with you people?

Last edited:

Surprise

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

My top 5 are (in no particular order)
Echizen vs yukimura
I've gotta say, it takes some guts to make a character so good that he invalidates the ENTIRE series, someone who could literally bagel everyone. You see all these techniques, yama arashi, cool drive, rai, that the best characters struggle for half a set to return and yuki just smacks them back like you're not even trying. Also the bamf way he took out Hyaku ren by noticing that it doesn't matter how hard you can hit the ball if you CAN'T hit the ball.
Tezuka vs Sanada
I was pulling for tezuka on this (not a sanada fan shh), and I respected him for countering what is the third most broken technique in the series (behind PoP and being yukimura). It was great with all of the flashbacks and the drama of tezuka trying to come through for his team(he wanted to win so bad probably because he really didn't want their win to rest on whether koshimae could beat yukimura) While we're on the subject though, if sanada could use rai, had triple match point and didn't capitalize, then he didn't deserve to win against echizen.
Fuji vs Kirihara
One pf the things that best sums up this match is when fuji wins the first game and the rikkai fans shut up and realize that for the first time a seigaku player might really be better. Closed eyes is a beast technique and the fact that he could beat bloodshot kirihara and muga kirihara while blind cements his genius status. Its hard to believe you can win when you find yourself thinking "How the hell did he do that?"
Kirihara vs Krauser
You have all of three seconds when reading the manga to swallow tha not only did yagyuu, bunta and jackal lose, but kirihara is about to get bloodily bageled. I liked the irony of kirihara having to play probably the one person in the world more insane than he is. Devil mode surprised me, but it was pretty cool to see kirihara finally go over the deep end (I vote him most likely to become a serial killer one day). I want to see more from krauser now.
Tezuka vs Atobe
Earliest clash of two of the best and it didn't disappoint, really hated atobe after it but now he's one of my faves
Part 2
Irie vs Atobe
No competition so far for best match of shin PoT, and I feel like its going to be a while before they beat it. It was pretty easy to see irie's comeback coming, I mean, not even atobe can annihilate a court 1 player easily (yet) and the realization was perfect "Oh my gosh, atobe is about to get mizuki'd, by his long lost clone" It was so perfect when irie uses WoI on him and abused his injury in the tiebreak (huge fan of karma). My one complaint is that if Atobe is going to be developed then he needs to learn techniques that aren't slight tweaks on what he can already do, especially no more cool drive variations. Atobe kingdom was awesome until you realized that it was just WoI that works on good people. Looking forward to some good matches soon though

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

1. Irie VS Atobe

2. Fuji VS Shiraishi

3. Yukimura VS Echizen

4. Tezuka VS Sanada

5. Kikumaru/Oishi VS Shishido/Ootori

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia

1. Fuji vs Shiraishi
2. Tezuka vs Sanada
3. Golden Pair vs Silver Pair
4. Tezuka vs Kite
5. Fuji vs Nioh

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

You only liked it cuz u predicted the scored correctly! 47-45!

My fav in part 2 though...

Renji vs Kirihara
Forget about returning 212kmh Waterfall, he returned a freaking Devil Knuckle Serve!!!

Krauser vs Richard
Short lived but....the ending was brilliant.

Krauser is my second favourite character now xD

Hirakoba vs Higashitaka
We didn't even get to see the match xD...go go Rin!
They were only Tie-break games lol.
They arent actual matches.
Matches are first to 6 games.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
POT & SPOT Favorite matches.

Here's my top5.
5.Echizen VS Yukimura
4.Atobe/Niou Vs Ochi/Mouri
3.Tezuka Vs Fuji
2.Atobe Vs Irie
1.Sanada Vs Tezuka

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

[mod=Kaoz]There still haven't been that many matches in SPoT, so I figure we can just convert the old Part 1 Favourite Matches thread to cover both series from now. Anyone who has previously posted in this thread is of course more than welcome to update their lists.[/mod]

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
5- Kirihara/Shiraishi - Miyako/Matsudaira
4- Kirihara-Fuji
3- Kirihara-Ryoma
2- Atobe-Ryoma
1- Sanada-Ryoma

I really liked Atobe-Sanada but we didn't see a full match, just some points.

And... yeah I like Kirihara's matches.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

3.Tezuka Vs Fuji
For real? It was an absolute rape :lmao

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Crap I forgot about Atobe - Ryoma... k it's the new number 2 and Kikumaru - Kai gets just a special mention (the first match I ever watched / read in PoT and it was awesome).

5. Inui vs Renji

This match was incredible. Data against Data, the abandoning of data, the comeback using secret data. Great.
There was something I never understood in that match.

I always thought that Inui was just pretending, he never abandoned the data, and that's how he got the exact same result as they were kids. It was all a plot.

But in his match againt the no. 17, Yanagi says to Inui "playing without data like you did in Kanto is fun".

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There was something I never understood in that match.

I always thought that Inui was just pretending, he never abandoned the data, and that's how he got the exact same result as they were kids. It was all a plot.

But in his match againt the no. 17, Yanagi says to Inui "playing without data like you did in Kanto is fun".
I don't think he said "like you did in Kanto", just that it's a fun way to play in general.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah? In the first one, regardless of whether or not Inui actually threw away his data, Yanagi was under the perception that he did, or that's what he connects with the Kanto finals anyway. In the second one it's just a general statement evaluating the experience. That's how I'd interpret it at least to keep it consistent with what happened back then.

Also, my list in here is really outdated. Although I'm not really sure how it looks like now.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I think this all depends on whether or not Oni VS Kintaro gets animated, or if Atobe/Niou VS Ochi/Mouri gets animated.
And animated correctly at that. Then there's Kimijima/Tohno VS Marui/Kite too. Along with Atobe VS Irie.

There are at least 4 amazing matches in SPoT that can all contend for title of best matches in the series in anybody's Top5 imo.

I still have Hirakoba/Chinen VS Fuji/Kawamura as one of my favs. Really enjoyable to re-watch.
I'll have to come back and rearrange my list soon.

jimtors

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
1. Yukimura vs. Kintarou - this is how PoT should've ended! No Jaket dropped and and Echizen covered in sweat and blank eyes... ^__^
2. Yukimura vs. Echizen - just because Yukimura owned Echizen 95% the whole time till he had PoP..
3. Fuji vs. Niou - The Hoshi Hanabi revelation.. i hope they show that in Shin, properly.
4. When Kikumaru was playing by himself and he multiplied cause he was lonely... ^__^ so touching...
5. Tezuka vs Kite - I still can't believe how he Zero drop that shot face to face.lol but who cares, it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!