Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Favorite Group

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
That has several interpretations other than "Gildarts can compete with DGs".
Utterly ridiculous claim

Erza had 2 Spriggan fights where she almost died, in last two days. Then she fought against Berserk soldiers and got injured in the process. Then she blocked END/Gray, and got her arms visibly injured (one cracking, and other charred). Erza was nowhere close to being fresh when she fought Eileen. In fact, she was less fresh against Eileen than against Suzaku lmao
August fought near fresh Gildarts. I was only talking about Eileen, Zeref, Acno and Aldoron. Why bring in August here?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Those trying to downplay Suzaku by "Natsu and Erza weren't fresh", must also apply the same standards to Zeref, Eileen and Aldoron.

Or else you're exposing yourselves to be massive hypocrites who use that logic only when it works in your favor
What makes you think that?

and yet Natsu defeated one of them by himself, and Suzaku couldn't without that DG to allow herself to be for ulterior purpose. so Natsu > Suzaku.

Almost is not the same as dead, Erza had help for all of them, she managed to rest up and mostly healed before the final battle which would be considered fresh, she was not pushed to her limited until Irene's started to act, her hands maybe injured but did not exhaust herself. Fresh in this context is not being exhausted, because we know that Erza has massive pain tolerance to to the point of absurdity. Actually now that I think about it, those Berserkers were part of Irene's efforts so it did contribute to a indirect fight with Irene and Erza.

Natsu had used Savage Flames against Zeref who had FH and was healed by Lucy, something Suzaku never countered before, Natsu defeated Aldoron without any power ups.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu before facing Zeref:
- got injured by Neinhart and then destroyed him
- fought (no diff'd) Dimaria
- had a lengthy, drawn out battle against Gray

Natsu before facing Acno:
- all the above vs Zeref
- fought Zeref, and charred his entire arm in the process

Natsu before facing Aldoron:
- drawn out battle against Gajeel, where he nearly exhausted all his MP
- battle against Wraith

Natsu before facing Suzaku:
- fought against Lucy for some time holding back, and got stopped mid way before he got serious and one shotted her
- fought summons from Youko for some time

"BuT hE wAs NoT fReSh AgAiNsT sUzAkU"

🤡 🤡

As far as I'm concerned I have Gildarts beating her Dragon form as well. I have never bought that much into dragon scales hype either way , the reason Jura tiers couldn't harm the GMG dragons was cause the dragons were just above them in power. The fact that Wendy could harm them is more a testament to DS magic than their scales giving them an advantage. This is put into perspective when Alvarez Base Natsu can just oneshot Jura tiers with a roar without any significant effort. Dragon Irene is on August's level , when she was placed there her scales would've been taken into consideration as well , there's no reason to exclude particularly that. People on the dragon's level should be strong enough to bypass their scales and hurt them. It is no different from a hax , if you're on the person's level you can overcome it , cause it is a part of dragon body. Gildarts' hax worked on August , so it should work on Irene as well. And Crash is a hax , toughness or whatever doesn't determine whether he can crash it or not , power level does.

Reason Mashima made that statement about Gildarts is cause all the BDSK's haven't shown up yet. When Gildarts appears he is fighting a BDSK. Mashima didn't consider Dragon Gods in that statement , cause it's very obvious to anyone reading the sequel. DG's are Natsu's enemy to fight. Diabolos guild is rest of FT's members' hurdle to overcome to get stronger. Their plot is fighting Diabolos. Obviously Gildarts won't show up until Diabolos' top tiers do.
You're probably right.
I'm not someone who believes dragons can't be beaten by anyone but DS. If they encounter strong opponents, they would lose.
But I also think dragon scales offer more defense compared to regular human skin, assuming all other stats are same. Which is why I doubt Gildarts can hax dragon Eileen.
Anyway, I agree August can probably beat her without DS magic too

Yep exactly.
Now that black knigths have made an appearance, it's time for Gildarts to show up.
Anyone with basic common sense understands that DGs >>>> Gildarts, they're for Natsu to beat

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Natsu before facing Zeref:
- got injured by Neinhart and then destroyed him
- fought (no diff'd) Dimaria
- had a lengthy, drawn out battle against Gray

Natsu before facing Acno:
- all the above vs Zeref
- fought Zeref, and charred his entire arm in the process

Natsu before facing Aldoron:
- drawn out battle against Gajeel, where he nearly exhausted all his MP
- battle against Wraith

Natsu before facing Suzaku:
- fought against Lucy for some time holding back, and got stopped mid way before he got serious and one shotted her
- fought summons from Youko for some time

"BuT hE wAs NoT fReSh AgAiNsT sUzAkU"

🤡 🤡

You're probably right.
I'm not someone who believes dragons can't be beaten by anyone but DS. If they encounter strong opponents, they would lose.
But I also think dragon scales offer more defense compared to regular human skin, assuming all other stats are same. Which is why I doubt Gildarts can hax dragon Eileen.
Anyway, I agree August can probably beat her without DS magic too

Yep exactly.
Now that black knigths have made an appearance, it's time for Gildarts to show up.
Anyone with basic common sense understands that DGs >>>> Gildarts, they're for Natsu to beat
Natsu barely struggled against Neinhart who is not good at physical combat. Natsu was amped when transforming into END, Natsu recovered after a long sleep and returning to normal. yeah, not the same thing.

Natsu recovered after Lucy healed him, Acno was holding back so he could return them to the crystals and they can be assimilated to the SBT, Natsu just burned it a bit much which can be healed by Wendy which in the end had Wendy's influence on his arm to free himself.

Though have to admit that was a bit of PSI, explanation would be that because Gajeel was around Natsu's level without Savage Flames and his power contributed to the Seven Flame Dragon power up, Wraith like the other DE were weaker than Natsu (stated by Wraith to be same level as Madmole who was hit by Natsu without him using any Fire Dragon Slayer Magic) and the latter was a TP which is an entirely different realm all together.

Natsu wasn't going to hold back against Lucy who was going to use even Lightning Fire Dragon Mode against her, and stated early on that even though his friends are possessed he would beat them to get them back to normal, Lucy just tricked him at one point to let his guard down.

Also talking about that for a moment, Natsu was not holding back and couldn't tag Lucy and yet Aquarius managed to hit her several times, so but that logic, Aquarius is faster than Natsu. LOL And he was sweating by the time the battle ended so he did exert himself quite a bit, so yes, he was not fresh from the moment he fought Suzaku, that's it.

Last edited:

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Suzaku was robbed. But the greatest sin of this tournament is still that 13 people voted for Jacob.
Even more true now. He's likely even outright stronger than current DF Natsu, even ignoring the probable event that base Natsu gets one shot before he goes DF

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Ehh, Aldoron with his seeds destroyed is still close to full DG strength and Natsu still managed to win, give him the chance to go DF and he would be above Suzaku.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Even more true now. He's likely even outright stronger than current DF Natsu, even ignoring the probable event that base Natsu gets one shot before he goes DF
True. If this chapter came out during the finale, I would've voted Suzaku lol.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Do we really need this? I mean it will be the same as last one. Still waiting for rating tournament with different classes

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Do we really need this? I mean it will be the same as last one. Still waiting for rating tournament with different classes
Well, the Dragon Gods and Acno have to be banish because they are too strong to compete with.
So it turns around Fairy Tail, Diabolos, the Moon Goddess and Spriggans. I agree it will be the same as previous one

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
If the chars were same, I would get bored too. Hence "All-Star".

Ranking takes a lot of efforts. I dont have time. Busy