Tower of ghouls - The floor of coffee | Page 19 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Tower of ghouls - The floor of coffee

Which theme would you like to see in mafia games?

• Noblesse

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Tower of God

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Gintama

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Terra Formars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Something like the troll games ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What does @Jammin think of your Berserk-avoidance I wonder :rolleyes: Does Jammin know Berserk?
I'm up to date on Berserk and I think avoiding it is not only reasonable but advisable because I've seen through Miura's scam. I know what he's planning and I'm not falling for it and I'm definitely not dragging anybody else down with me.

It's why I never recommend Berserk because why would I recommend half a story? Why would I do that to someone. Reading Berserk is like a circle of hell. Look at this!!!

We are going to be in this arc for a decade. A full decade! Why would you want to expose somebody else to this endless frustration?!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

People's love of Berserk is as much stockholm syndrome as anything else at this point.

Last edited:

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I'm up to date on Berserk and I think avoiding it is not only reasonable but advisable because I've seen through Miura's scam. I know what he's planning and I'm not falling for it and I'm definitely not dragging anybody else down with me.

It's why I never recommend Berserk because why would a recommend half a story? Why would I do that to someone. Reading Berserk is like a circle of hell. Look at this!!!

We are going to be in this arc for a decade. A full decade! Why would you want to expose somebody else to this endless frustration?!

People's love of Berserk is as much stockholm syndrome as anything else at this point.
I know and feel the same :XD But that‘s why I tried saying „if it ever ends“, but even then she doesn‘t want.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know and feel the same :XD But that‘s why I tried saying „if it ever ends“, but even then she doesn‘t want.
That suggestion is just condensed denial. :XD

It's not happening. If he wanted to end it he would have. He would have chucked Caska to the curve embraced the righteousness that is Guts X Farnase and killed the crap out of Griffith and his posse of demon weirdos then moved on to the adventures of Puck which we'd all be reading and loving. There is an alternate universe somewhere where that is all happening. But in this universe, the one we unfortuantly live in, that is NEVER happening. So what we might do if that happened is a moot point.

It's time to let go...and embrace a better series. Tower of God.

So if you think about, you've been misunderstanding Poms. In refusing to read Berserk and trying to bring you to ToG she's trying to bring you out of the darkness and toward the light. You just don't realize how dark it is because you've been there so long...:crying

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I did, but stopped when it started becomig complicated. I forget what happens in weekly chapters, imagine monthly ones :XD that said, I will wait to read it fully, but enjoyed a lot both manga and anime.

I am not reading Berserk <_> 4 seasons of Jojo should be enough to have credits for reading ToG :heh
It's been on a bang recently

Also surpassed FMA and Vagabond in sales.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I will keep reading ToG <_>/ and have a better ending than noblesse! @GrySun you should start ToG too, as Jammin already told, it has lots of character development and world building too, and it does it better than many mangas, I am sure you'll like it.

It's been on a bang recently

Also surpassed FMA and Vagabond in sales.
I know some cliff changes happened, but will still wait a bit more for reading :XD Want to read it when my head can properly link the dots without waiting a month long for it. BUt I do that frequently with monthly mangas.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I will keep reading ToG <_>/ and have a better ending than noblesse! @GrySun you should start ToG too, as Jammin already told, it has lots of character development and world building too, and it does it better than many mangas, I am sure you'll like it.

I know some cliff changes happened, but will still wait a bit more for reading :XD Want to read it when my head can properly link the dots without waiting a month long for it. BUt I do that frequently with monthly mangas.
I am waiting for it.

Manga is great as usual.Also a theory is going round.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Just now until the part I've read, Levi and Sasha were my favorites! :zomg Mikasa and Eren were meh
My favourites Eren,Levi,Sasha,Hisu and Mikasa.

Oh Reiner too along with Annie.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan

Will wait for more convincing <_>

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I did ask @syx once about it and he also highly praised it. May give it a try.

Do you know JoJo? I'd describe it similarly to how you did ToG with "nothing else like it".
Well, I'm on the verge of dropping ToG, so there is that.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Oh my. @Jammin did the quality drop recently?
Jammin is probably busy commanding and coordinating an air strike at my place. :lmao

All I can say is that I would still recommend Tower of God to anyone regardless of my opinion about it. When it comes to Tower of God, I barely find someone who shares the same view as myself. I don't particularly think it's bad or turned to the worse. Well, of course there are parts I think are handled very poorly. It's difficult to describe, GrySun. It's just not my Tower of God from the past anymore and the author took a path where I question a lot of things, even though there is also quite a lot which I still like. But in the end, I don't enjoy it anymore, hence I'm seriously considering to drop it.

It's not like - let's say - Fairy Tail, where I would advise against it because I genuinely believe it's a bad series (and there are much better ones out there). In regards to Tower of God, I would just say it's definitely worth a try, but it's not my cup of tea anymore.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh my. @Jammin did the quality drop recently?
Quite the opposite.

Jammin is probably busy commanding and coordinating an air strike at my place. :lmao

All I can say is that I would still recommend Tower of God to anyone regardless of my opinion about it. When it comes to Tower of God, I barely find someone who shares the same view as myself. I don't particularly think it's bad or turned to the worse. Well, of course there are parts I think are handled very poorly. It's difficult to describe, GrySun. It's just not my Tower of God from the past anymore and the author took a path where I question a lot of things, even though there is also quite a lot which I still like. But in the end, I don't enjoy it anymore, hence I'm seriously considering to drop it.

It's not like - let's say - Fairy Tail, where I would advise against it because I genuinely believe it's a bad series (and there are much better ones out there). In regards to Tower of God, I would just say it's definitely worth a try, but it's not my cup of tea anymore.
?????

You should jump over to my thread and explain this because I'd love to hear what your talking about @syx. Because this is quite literally the first time I've ever seen anybody say that about it. What's not to like about this current arc especially. I mean that last chapter.., Sure, not everything is suited to everybody but I'm having a hard time seeing what's not to like. Especially recently.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

Wait if I am not mistaken weren't you the mod of TOG in the past?

Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
You should jump over to my thread and explain this
:lmao
You are just like kkck and Nii who also demanded an explanation from my side when they heard about it. You know, it would a freaking huge post if I would start writing down my thoughts about what bothers me in Tower of God. I never felt like doing it for a show which I could drop today or tomorrow. Maybe some other time. It is as it is. When you can't feel joy, there is no point forcing yourself to follow a series. It's also quite sad for me, really, because Tower of God has and will always have a special place in my heart as my first (I think) manhwa. It's also the manhwa which I followed the longest. I dropped every other manhwa... Noblesse, The Breaker, The Gamer, DICE, Girls of the Wild, Trinity Wonder... It's like an era coming to an end. : /
Wait if I am not mistaken weren't you the mod of TOG in the past?
Yes... in ancient times, but what does it have to do with the topic?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You are just like kkck and Nii who also demanded an explanation from my side when they heard about it. You know, it would a freaking huge post if I would start writing down my thoughts about what bothers me in Tower of God. I never felt like doing it for a show which I could drop today or tomorrow. Maybe some other time. It is as it is. When you can't feel joy, there is no point forcing yourself to follow a series. It's also quite sad for me, really, because Tower of God has and will always have a special place in my heart as my first (I think) manhwa. It's also the manhwa which I followed the longest. I dropped every other manhwa... Noblesse, The Breaker, The Gamer, DICE, Girls of the Wild, Trinity Wonder... It's like an era coming to an end. : /
That's because we're puzzled when people do things that don't make any sense to us. We'd like to empathize and to understand where your coming from. Like coming from some people I'd just dismiss it as hipster whining for the sake of whining. But I think more of your opinion than that. So I'm genuinely curious to hear what it is.

I also want to say that if your not into something your not into it. I'm not going to go all fire and brimstone about that. No matter what that "something" may be. There is a subjective nature to all fiction. So I'm not asking you to explain so I can argue and tell you how wrong you are.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

Yes... in ancient times, but what does it have to do with the topic?
Just my curiosity

Actually I never thought a previous MOD can drop a series normally you expect a mod to read a series till the end.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, I'm on the verge of dropping ToG, so there is that.

That is shocking :gwah but then,which other series are you following currently, syx?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@GrySun You should read ToG now, it's great! (with the exception of a part in the middle, but it has long since recovered from that)

It has great characters, especially the girls:

They're strong in every sense of the word : D Also you have this great guy

I actually think you might be a bit like Koon (the guy above) in some ways :hee

That reminds me, I never asked about your fav ToG chars pompom? :zomg