Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 561 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 561 Spoilers & Discussion

hblock

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I think everyone could see that Baam was just surprised by Ren's shinheuh, or an irregular cannot be surprised?
Except he wasn't just surprised, we saw Ren keeping up with him in terms of speed, reactions, physical strength and even hurting him at close combat...which doesn't make sens.

Lo Po Bia

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
What was it?

Are you referencing something specific here? Wouldn't that just be two on roughly the same level fighting though?
I don't know see it this way, the difference between an 80th and a 70th may not be very big, we know that the difference between the 1st and the 2nd and the 3rd is huge, I believe that the difference between the top 30 and the top 20 must be some since in the top 20 we already have FH, anyway the ranking is not all about power and many classifiers didn't even see the FH fighting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Except he wasn't just surprised, we saw Ren keeping up with him in terms of speed, reactions, physical strength and even hurting him at close combat...which doesn't make sens.
But Baam didn't fight with 100% of his strength right? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
But Baam didn't fight with 100% of his strength right? ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
The fact that he was seen struggling means that's the best he could do in base.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know see it this way, the difference between an 80th and a 70th may not be very big, we know that the difference between the 1st and the 2nd and the 3rd is huge, I believe that the difference between the top 30 and the top 20 must be some since in the top 20 we already have FH, anyway the ranking is not all about power and many classifiers didn't even see the FH fighting.
This is all just speculation at this point because we don't know how the top tiers start to have a spread. 1 is certainly miles from 2 (because Axis), but we don't know how progressively tight the spread is or isn't further on down.

Exceptions prove the rule though.

Maybe outside of the top 100, but maybe even outside of the top 30 the spread begins to normalize/minimize.

Lo Po Bia

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
This is all just speculation at this point because we don't know how the top tiers start to have a spread. 1 is certainly miles from 2 (because Axis), but we don't know how progressively tight the spread is or isn't further on down.

Exceptions prove the rule though.

Maybe outside of the top 100, but maybe even outside of the top 30 the spread begins to normalize/minimize.
That's what we're here for, to speculate, to debate ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's what we're here for, to speculate, to debate ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
I wasn't saying you thought otherwise - just that it is certainly too early to definitively say that the spread in the top _____ is large or small.

That said, I don't think using the top 2 or 3 people in the whole tower and extrapolating their spread to standard, tower-born HR's in the 70s and 80s is the right way to go.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Don't you think it's "too early" to set standards in rankings?

Exclude the top 20 for obvious reasons, all we have of the top 100 is, by extension, the same condition as the top 300: If you are not placed there in a special way, the only way to get in is by defeating a top 300.

As stated several times within the story itself, fights between high-rankers are historical events in the tower since the end of genesis. So much so that people who disappeared from history, like Ha Jinsung, still remain in the top 100.

And then we have people like Khell Hellam, who although he's dumb, should rank extremely high in the top 100.

Kallavan might as well not have ranked in the top 100 last season and still beat/neutralized/arrested HJ (take it however you want, I'm not here to open up this boring debate again).

The thing is, you only need to kill the person to get their rank. A top 80 could indeed kill a top 70, it all depends on the circumstance, obviously, if the person is not reckless like EVK, it will be extremely difficult. What I mean is: Rank is not a linear scale of power in ToG.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States

Exclude the top 20 for obvious reasons, all we have of the top 100 is, by extension, the same condition as the top 300: If you are not placed there in a special way, the only way to get in is by defeating a top 300.

As stated several times within the story itself, fights between high-rankers are historical events in the tower since the end of genesis. So much so that people who disappeared from history, like Ha Jinsung, still remain in the top 100.

And then we have people like Khell Hellam, who although he's dumb, should rank extremely high in the top 100.

Kallavan might as well not have ranked in the top 100 last season and still beat/neutralized/arrested HJ (take it however you want, I'm not here to open up this boring debate again).

The thing is, you only need to kill the person to get their rank. A top 80 could indeed kill a top 70, it all depends on the circumstance, obviously, if the person is not reckless like EVK, it will be extremely difficult. What I mean is: Rank is not a linear scale of power in ToG.
I'm not sure who you're referencing, but we seem to be saying the same, no?

Lo Po Bia

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

I just gave some examples, I don't even know who's in the top 80 etc, and as I always defend, ranking is not just power, but also influence, accomplishments conquered etc, I even commented something like that on reddit, but for example I I think a top 20 is something special for having the FH, top 50 we will probably find regents, powerful princesses, but of course this is just speculation

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure who you're referencing, but we seem to be saying the same, no?
I spoke in general, not directed at a specific person.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I just gave some examples, I don't even know who's in the top 80 etc, and as I always defend, ranking is not just power, but also influence, accomplishments conquered etc, I even commented something like that on reddit, but for example I I think a top 20 is something special for having the FH, top 50 we will probably find regents, powerful princesses, but of course this is just speculation
Top 20 is a real pandora's box if you want to debate about it, I just used top 80 and 70 as an example, it wasn't anything specific.

Big-Bird

Reaction score
Country
French Guiana

I was chosen by my clan, so I had this leech within my body before I was even born, // And was already a hermaphrodite when I was born due to it.
OK, I'm 100% sure, LPB has a leech branch.
a branch with people who can change sex, .... I feel a great potential hehe

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Turtle hunter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
That's why I said that there are exceptions, what is bothering most is that Ren is a ranker, Baam will beat rankers most of the time easily, Androssi said more than once that he is not a common ranker but a ranker of Zahard's elite, a common ranker like Love or Quant will be below great family rankers like Bellerin.
I don't care Baam literally fought Kallavan with Karaka , then White and after that Holan and now we had fighting Lilial and now Ren , for 3 fucking chapter .

I want Ren to die , he overstayed his presence and i am honestly not excited about the fight .

Big-Bird

Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
I lost count of how many branches we have confirmed, I think there are 8
the one we saw directly
Wolf
wind calf
horse
Owls
snake
turtle
Spider
this is the one we saw in Elaine's flashback (with their flag)
Aries
shark
unidentified feline.
With the leech's branch it makes 11, so more than half

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
the one we saw directly
Wolf
wind calf
horse
Owls
snake
turtle
Spider
this is the one we saw in Elaine's flashback (with their flag)
Aries
shark
unidentified feline.
With the leech's branch it makes 11, so more than half
I think we can put crab, shark, frog and eel in the speculatives.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aren't those 'main' branches?

I'd bet there are more than that as sub-branches.

Leech branch seems too (edit, fixed) specialized and probably rare. I'd guess it's a sub-branch.

There are tons of possible animals of course. Things like snakes and horses are more common and ubiquitous IMO.

Last edited:

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Aren't those 'main' branches?

I'd bet there are more than that as sub-branches.

Leech branch seems to specialized and probably rare. I'd guess it's a sub-branch.

There are tons of possible animals of course. Things like snakes and horses are more common and ubiquitous IMO.
I think we only count main branches (where members have Lo Po Bia in their last name).

It is said that there are only 20 branches currently and from Monkey Guy's words, when one branch ends, it is absorbed by another. I don't think aja sub-branches.

In reality, the branches in the LPB family look more like military divisions, other families have branches in fact, with other names like Eurasia and Arie.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think we only count main branches (where members have Lo Po Bia in their last name).

It is said that there are only 20 branches currently and from Monkey Guy's words, when one branch ends, it is absorbed by another. I don't think aja sub-branches.

In reality, the branches in the LPB family look more like military divisions, other families have branches in fact, with other names like Eurasia and Arie.
So, a branch could have absorbed another one and conceivably have different animals then?

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So, a branch could have absorbed another one and conceivably have different animals then?
It only remains to be seen if a super genius is born in an assimilated branch and he becomes the strongest ranker in that branch, he becomes BH and the branch changes its name according to the shinheuh he dominates.

For example, assuming the wolf branch ends, Elaine is absorbed into Pudidy's branch, eventually she overcomes it, does she become BH? Is it moved to the main family? Does the branch name change?

Xeroxed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I think there are a lot more "branches" than there are official branches. For example: The sniper lady was the vice commander of her branch and there were no official leader of it. She was promised that if she did good in this battle then she would be promoted to full branch head and presumably her branch would become an official one.

Same with the monkey branch and the wolf branch. Both were official branches at some point but lost their leaders in some way or another. They did not have anyone strong enough to replace the leaders and as such they were demoted and no longer counted as official branches.

As such I think there are a ton of small and obscure "branches" that have little political influence and are not officially recognized. Ren's branch might be one of them.