Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 587 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 587 Spoilers & Discussion

Headlights

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just think PB fam uses spells...it seems like "magic" but could just be really advanced "science" because Gustang is known to collaborate with the Workshop(who also have a lot to do with spells) and that the "words" they use are key to activating said spells. Spells are realy common in the tower and we have seen them a lot. There is Sachi...Daniel...all of whites clones, that snake guy with the ship, the d ranked reguar with the question spell, various items including the 13 month series.... so saying elites of the PB fam don't use spells is a bit silly when we have seen otherwise from C-D ranked regs.

Ignorant

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Smart Tattoos :XD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I just think PB fam uses spells...it seems like "magic" but could just be really advanced "science" because Gustang is known to collaborate with the Workshop(who also have a lot to do with spells) and that the "words" they use are key to activating said spells. Spells are realy common in the tower and we have seen them a lot. There is Sachi...Daniel...all of whites clones, that snake guy with the ship, the d ranked reguar with the question spell, various items including the 13 month series.... so saying elites of the PB fam don't use spells is a bit silly when we have seen otherwise from C-D ranked regs.
It's not really accurate to day spells in the tower are common though we are headed to a point in the story where people will mostly have uncommon/BS skills. SIu does tend to use spells to give regulars BS powers though. Even bam's friends have easily been in the top 1% of regulars in their rank or higher for a while so it tracks that even the most BS regulars wouldbe required to pose a threat. Not sure if each thing tiara does is a spell or rather it is one spell that allows her to empower her words. I am inclined towards the latter.

Rak

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I quite liked this chapter, although I’m not really interested in neither Jinsung nor Dumas. But the fight was good. The fight had the merit to be decisive.

Dumas has impressed me with the notion that he is one of the strongest native high-rangers we have seen so far. He has an impressively strong damage output, and next chapter will show us that he is also hard to kill. He incapacitated Karaka in one shot - which I liked, since Karaka is not that strong yet. He seriously injured Yama in one shot, which bothered me a bit, since I’m under the impression that Yama is stronger than what his feats are showing as of yet. And he had a good fight with Jinsung.

Jinsung seems to be a fighter that is not very versatile. He has the « stats » of a strong high-ranger, but always seems to rely on his ultimate move while taking a lot of damage. At least, he is smart enough to capitalize on that fact.

I expect that he accomplished his role as a guide. Now Karaka will be in charge to mess with the « hidden heart/dark world » stuff, while Baam and Yama will deal with the rest.

But I must say that Jinsung is one of the most boring characters in my eyes though. And Dumas seems more like a big-hitter, not like a long-lasting interesting character either.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I quite liked this chapter, although I’m not really interested in neither Jinsung nor Dumas. But the fight was good. The fight had the merit to be decisive.

Dumas has impressed me with the notion that he is one of the strongest native high-rangers we have seen so far. He has an impressively strong damage output, and next chapter will show us that he is also hard to kill. He incapacitated Karaka in one shot - which I liked, since Karaka is not that strong yet. He seriously injured Yama in one shot, which bothered me a bit, since I’m under the impression that Yama is stronger than what his feats are showing as of yet. And he had a good fight with Jinsung.

Jinsung seems to be a fighter that is not very versatile. He has the « stats » of a strong high-ranger, but always seems to rely on his ultimate move while taking a lot of damage. At least, he is smart enough to capitalize on that fact.

I expect that he accomplished his role as a guide. Now Karaka will be in charge to mess with the « hidden heart/dark world » stuff, while Baam and Yama will deal with the rest.

But I must say that Jinsung is one of the most boring characters in my eyes though. And Dumas seems more like a big-hitter, not like a long-lasting interesting character either.
Yama is pretty strong though it is worth noting the majority of his power comes from his transformation. Which pre fang was problematic because it drained him pretty quickly. I could see pre second fang yama being a match to or even stronger than pre-lyborick kallavan but if the transformation drains him as quickly as we saw at the wall then kallavan IMO would outlast him. It is worth noting that yama when first introduced was powerful enough that taking dual floral butterflies from karaka and bam did pretty much no damage to him.

I'm not sure of what SIU is aiming for with the jinsung character. Jinsung at this point doesn't have much to bring to the table power wise or even technique wise. When he fought kallavan it seemed like he was hard countered and against dumas he wasn't hard countered but it didn't seem like his reinforcement techniques would have been useful. His comment about his arms seems to suggest they haven't recovered yet. Which I suppose makes sense because it hasn't been long since the pudily fight. Is jinsung supposed to recover and be stronger? Honestly, the guy seems more like he is due an impactful death as a mentor.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
LMFAO!!! What is soo impressive about Dumas??? His melee skills are severely lacking! Who tf is he beating with those weak ass punches??? Dude just stands in place while his spears do all the work!!!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Dumas ain’t shit without his ‘smart’ spears!!!

Rak

Reaction score
Country
France
LMFAO!!! What is soo impressive about Dumas??? His melee skills are severely lacking! Who tf is he beating with those weak ass punches??? Dude just stands in place while his spears do all the work!!!!

Maybe he is a spear bearer ?

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

The spear is being guided by its shinsu control
Obviously is not like the spear is some automatic machine, but yes, you are right every time JH hit him a part of him exploded LOL

Duma is weak
Book bearer even call him MR
And some people here were saying
He is the boss LOL.

Rak

Reaction score
Country
France
Yama is pretty strong though it is worth noting the majority of his power comes from his transformation. Which pre fang was problematic because it drained him pretty quickly. I could see pre second fang yama being a match to or even stronger than pre-lyborick kallavan but if the transformation drains him as quickly as we saw at the wall then kallavan IMO would outlast him. It is worth noting that yama when first introduced was powerful enough that taking dual floral butterflies from karaka and bam did pretty much no damage to him.

I'm not sure of what SIU is aiming for with the jinsung character. Jinsung at this point doesn't have much to bring to the table power wise or even technique wise. When he fought kallavan it seemed like he was hard countered and against dumas he wasn't hard countered but it didn't seem like his reinforcement techniques would have been useful. His comment about his arms seems to suggest they haven't recovered yet. Which I suppose makes sense because it hasn't been long since the pudily fight. Is jinsung supposed to recover and be stronger? Honestly, the guy seems more like he is due an impactful death as a mentor.
Agree about Yama. The guy is strong. But he has yet to prove it.

Agree about Jinsung. In my eyes, his puropose is done. He hasn't much to offer anymore, stroy-wise, or fight-wise. Let the dude rest in peace SIU.

Big-Bird

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
Agree about Jinsung. In my eyes, his puropose is done. He hasn't much to offer anymore, stroy-wise, or fight-wise. Let the dude rest in peace SIU.
-Jinsung flashback
-some talk between Jinsung and his mother
-some talk between Yurin and Jinsung
ain't no way he die before that

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, Jinsung is in a strange position. We know he is strong, but not too strong and is too old to get big power ups. His fighting style is just martial arts and he has shown his best move. If there is one of Baam's beloved who is a good candidate for death it's definitely him IMO. But it looks like SIU really likes him.

I think he is good for politics and stuff, he is important to FUG, is a Ha who is old enough to have met the FHs. His relationship with Karaka could be explored more too.

During the fight the point is made that tiara is firing more shinsoo at yuri than her maximum allowed/capability. That's not something that's doable via conventional shinsoo control.
I am not saying it was a Shinsoo Manipulation technique. It's due to her pen of course, but when she is writing, she has to follow certain rules that we don't know clearly.

She can't write something like "I am stronger than my father" for example.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not saying it was a Shinsoo Manipulation technique. It's due to her pen of course, but when she is writing, she has to follow certain rules that we don't know clearly.

She can't write something like "I am stronger than my father" for example.
That's a bit awkward with what you said about her being standard wave controller vs fisherman though. Agreed that her ability has to be limited somehow.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
I dare say that more than half of the characters in TOG lost their meaning in the story.

Last edited:

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lmao this JH slander is weird!

JH the most influential member in FUG! There’s a reason he was selected to train Bam!!!

But yah go ahead and pray for his downfall LOL!!!

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
the most influential member was abandoned by all the elders and all the slayers and all the HRs from FUG
Lol the best guy Luslec could sent was hwaryun.

How you a leader of a group and your minions don’t listen to you LOL
He spent all his time making meetings to see if these elders and slayers are going to help and the answer is always NO, LMFAO!

Luslec is 10X way more pathetic than Traumerei.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ha Family been taking L’s too if we honest!

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last I checked 3 Elders, 3 Slayers, Modrako, 2 War Heroes, and Hwa Ryun teamed up with Bam to rescue JH. Possibly FUG’s largest operation since Genesis!!!

Let’s not forget Lazarus and Mule blew their cover for Bam and JH. If Lazarus is an Elder that’d make 4 Elders that participated LOL

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Lol who 3 elders who 3 slayers
The only ones that were there for
JH was Baam, Karaka and EVK and Cha

•YAMA WAS THERE FOR THE BEASTKIN AND REVENGE.

•Sophia was there to be in the good side of Baam.

•Khell hellam just just helped them to put the cage in the battlefield.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL nice try - Yama had no idea Yas would be there, he found out from Dokoko! He agreed to help Bam!

Can’t wait to read all the complaints after Yuri and Tiara wreck everyone’s favorite “regent” Kirin.

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
i just hope Cha arrive on time
To save Dowon peaceful ass from
Kirin minions!