Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 593 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 593 Spoilers & Discussion

Big-Bird

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
French Guiana
So are we going to get another 'this guy might be more useful than I thought' out of Shilial now that she saw Baam neg a High Ranker?
well, probably
she wants to use Baam for something
even if nothing she proposes interests him
so it's logical that she should continue to cope with his usefulness, which she will never be able to take full advantage of.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
well, probably
she wants to use Baam for something
even if nothing she proposes interests him
so it's logical that she should continue to cope with his usefulness, which she will never be able to take full advantage of.
I think she just wants to marry him, honestly. And then catch a free ride to glory on his back.

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
The way I see it, the only one who knows about Bam being the 'promised child' is Zahard alone because Arlene's diary was in his possession until Garam stole it. Gustang only found out about it from her too.

Enryu never mentioned someone coming to kill the false king, he just left something that can kill him. When Traumerei told us about the FH's thought on Bam, they all seemed to treat him as just another Irregular like Urek.
Reading back the chapter, that's true actually. From what Garam said, people are waiting for someone who can use it, Enryu never said that someone will come to kill Zahard (and in fact the Thorn being a divine weapon is rumor, Enryu didn't anything about it in the story). Baam then interpreted to be the destined child to wield the weapon. It'd be funny it's all misunderstanding, that the weapon, once completed, is so all mighty to compensate the user's lack of ability or power that even a towerborn can just use it to kill Zahard. Though I don't believe it to be the case, Gustang gave the 2nd piece to Baam, rather than experimenting with it to give anyone the ability to kill Zahard, and Enryu attacked the floor 43 because it was a shrine dedicated to Arlen but it was defiled when Zahard had built his own shrine over it, so Enryu has an unmistaken connection to Arlen. IIRC, all FH+Zahard has lived for more than 10 millennia, I see this Thorn as a plot way to bridge Baam's power to defeat Zahard without significant time skip (on top of Baam weird absorbing power, probably attributed to the Sun inside him).

Also, I think Zahard told other FH about Baam anyway, I don't see much of a reason to withhold this particular information. The other FH are complicit by siding with Zahard, killing V and in the case of Zahard alone, killing Arlene and V's child. I can see this as Zahard reminding them of their deed, that the "promised child" can potentially be turn the Torn their way. The FH do seem noncommittal about Baam like you say, but then again it could be they are reserving some of their thoughts. IIRC, they were split in 3 camps : those who want to kill Baam, those neutral, and those who want Baam be left alone to rise.

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
Rachel sees everything she hates most about herself reflected in Bam, in the way that family members might see the very best and worst in themselves in their own close kin.
I think you get this backwards, she sees everything she wants in Baam : charisma, talent, have a life akin to a protagonist of a story. Dunny why Baam would be a clone of Rachel, she has nothing going for her, it would make more sense to have Rachel a clone of Baam, if only to copy his good traits, but the end result is just a bad clone (Rachel).

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think she just wants to marry him, honestly. And then catch a free ride to glory on his back.
There is no way it's that simple. That alliance with Maschenny and the other princesses like Maria isn't for naught. Wether she will develop feelings for him or not, that should be the priority.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
There is no way it's that simple. That alliance with Maschenny and the other princesses like Maria isn't for naught. Wether she will develop feelings for him or not, that should be the priority.
I don't think Shilial has got some kind of grand master plan that has always involved cozening up to Baam. If she did, why not try to approach him at Name Hunt Station somehow? He's an unexpected opportunity that happened to appear in front of her thanks to Traumerei's scheming, and she wants to take advantage of it. That interest continues to grow stronger every time Baam shows how ridiculous he is.

And the priority is whether he develops feelings for her, not the other way around. Nothing is going to happen unless he wants it to, and another pretty girl pining unrequited over Baam is just more empty fanservice.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think Shilial has got some kind of grand master plan that has always involved cozening up to Baam. If she did, why not try to approach him at Name Hunt Station somehow? He's an unexpected opportunity that happened to appear in front of her thanks to Traumerei's scheming, and she wants to take advantage of it.
No, Baam wasn't a factor in their plans but if turned into an ally he is a big asset because he is an Irregular. That's why everyone wants him. Since they are working with two Khuns I don't believe they are the one who devised it. They are the weakest Princesses in the alliance, who joined Maria.

A.A. even asked Shililal what Maria is planning. She (Maria) should be the leader, and she has Maschenny's support, who obviously has something to gain from this and is from the same family.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
They are the weakest Princesses in the alliance, who joined Maria.
If she actually somehow manages to score Baam, she can effectively tell Maschenny to go suck a dick if she feels so inclined. I don't doubt the prospect is tempting.

No, Baam wasn't a factor in their plans but if turned into an ally he is a big asset because he is an Irregular. That's why everyone wants him.
That might be what they're thinking, but it doesn't seem to ever work that way in practice. They're being drawn into Baam's orbit, rather than him being sucked into theirs.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Did anyone feel bad for Elaine.

Seeing what type of person her father is.

The apple has fallen far from the tree.

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra

No more than I would have previously. We've known that Elaine's family were shit for almost as long as she's existed as a character. Nothing new here.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
The way I see it, the only one who knows about Bam being the 'promised child' is Zahard alone because Arlene's diary was in his possession until Garam stole it. Gustang only found out about it from her too.

Enryu never mentioned someone coming to kill the false king, he just left something that can kill him. When Traumerei told us about the FH's thought on Bam, they all seemed to treat him as just another Irregular like Urek.
Enryu didn't, Arlene made the "prophessy", not Enryu. (Been gone for a while but my heart is still here with you guys.)

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

I never felt bad for Elaine in the first place. The reveal and how everything has been resolved wasn't at a level which would make me feel that way.

Enryu didn't, Arlene made the "prophessy", not Enryu. (Been gone for a while but my heart is still here with you guys.)
I don't think either are the source. Arlen must have repeated what someone else said(the outside God perhaps).

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never felt bad for Elaine in the first place. The reveal and how everything has been resolved wasn't at a level which would make me feel that way.

I don't think either are the source. Arlen must have repeated what someone else said(the outside God perhaps).
You may be correct, but here is the quote from Arlene's diary. https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-240/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=321"

Arlene speakig in her diary as found in her Pocket, Quote:

"So I decided to offer this child's body to the 'god' on the 'outside. Someday, that god's power will enter this dead child's body and awaken him again. that child will open the door to this tower and return someday."

"He shall achieve vengeance for my love and finish the war which we started with his own hands. He shall destroy corrupt power and bring truth to the tower. God's messenger shall place the red thorn in that child's hands and that child shall use the red thorn to cut the throat of the greedy king."

Last edited:

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
You may be correct, but here is the quote from Arlene's diary. https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-240/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=321"

Arlene speakig in her diary as found in her Pocket, Quote:

"So I decided to offer this child's body to the 'god' on the 'outside. Someday, that god's power will enter this dead child's body and awaken him again. that child will open the door to this tower and return someday."

"He shall achieve vengeance for my love and finish the war which we started with his own hands. He shall destroy corrupt power and bring truth to the tower. God's messenger shall place the red thorn in that child's hands and that child shall use the red thorn to cut the throat of the greedy king."
Sad if Baam ever meet Arlene again, she probably won't view Baam as her son, but simply a tool to achieve her vengeance.

Bigrong49

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are we on break this week?

Bigrong49

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Done!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I usually do it earlier but I didn’t have much time today, sorry guys.
No worries, i was scared lol. Thank you for all the admin tasks you do!

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sad if Baam ever meet Arlene again, she probably won't view Baam as her son, but simply a tool to achieve her vengeance.
Maybe so, but there is still a more hopeful side effect other than mere revenge/vengeance, that is that Bam, by taking down Zahard will also end up openning the way to the top of the tower, he will create freedom for the tower inhabitants who wish to continue climbing up past the 134th floor right up to see the real stars and to a greater destiny.