Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 76 Discussion/77 Predictions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 76 Discussion/77 Predictions

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Tower of God by SIU

Yeah... Baam is no Sasuke. But I think it will be lame if he continues to climb the tower with the objetive to ask Rachel "Why?". I hope Baam finds something convincent to seek as well...
i agree, but i think initially it would be the reason or i think he might be down and detest climbing the tower while steadily gaining the reasons one by one compelling him to go up.
any one think that he might get amnesia after this incident and forget Lahel? then reared up as an assasin or sth (its a gag what i am tryin to say is he ll get amnesia then start learning fighting from regular shinso user and become brash ) even though i dont see that happening but it popped up in my head for some reason

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Chapter 76 is... :gwah

No sympathy yet so far. Throwing someone who devoted his life for you, derived by anger and envy... What a complicated girl. :fail

any one think that he might get amnesia after this incident and forget Lahel? then reared up as an assasin or sth (its a gag what i am tryin to say is he ll get amnesia then start learning fighting from regular shinso user and become brash ) even though i dont see that happening but it popped up in my head for some reason
Seriously, that sounds like one of local movies we often have here, with the amnesia and all. :XD

I think things would be interested if he didn't forget. I'm not yet sure what would he turned out to be; either completely pissed off getting betrayed like that or still as devoted as usual, or maybe even as far as you, having amnesia and such. I only wish that he could start anew this way; poor Baam.

Do you think one/some of the administrators faked his death to get him away from Rachel and to give him a fresh start, new chance to go after her for whatever reason he now has?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Now that Chapter was fairly interesting, especially after reading Chapter 1 and 2 again.
For once I don't really understand Headon yet, he seems to have no interest in Lahel and yet he showed great interest in Baam, even though going by the logic Lahel should be the "Irregular" and Baam a "Regular", at least if chosen means "Regular".

Headon complety fools Baam and Yuri by saying he would be an irregular then. On the other hand Headon's ridiculous test doesn't make much sense when he knew Baam's a regular or maybe he forced Lahel's test upon him because he exactly knew who Baam was talking about.
I was quite curious about Headon from the start but this development made me even more curious, I can't shake off the feeling that he had a concrete plan in mind when he chose Baam.

Really looking forward to the next chapter, so far it doesn't seem like Lahel at any plans against Baam at this point of the story. I guess we will see another 1 or chapters of Rachel Flashback to understand why it has come to this.

ErosVp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Yeah! Regulars go directely to the second floor and don't get tested by Headon since he is the one who chose regulars in first place.... so I guess Baam took the test for Rachel?! And that bitch was still ungrateful?! Headon is right she is dirty inside!

I can't imagine how Baam will react to the recent events... Will he want revenge? Will he seek explanations? Or maybe he will find another motivation? The first one seems out of character, the second one is no good for fans who are pissed and want Baam to be more manly, and I can't imagine the third one....

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hey whait a second, i am gettina chill is Baam really an irregular? Rachel seems to be one right and Headon said Baam is a guest while to rachel he says you have not been chosen
Yuri came withthe news that irregular came she couldnt pinpoint who it is may be baam is not one after all
but then again he managed to take the test of Headon and the second guardian but it can be possible tha the could take it becuse rachel was there ans she was the true irregular

i am sounding paranoid i know but the difference in attitude of headon with baam and with Rachel is striking isnt it
Headon seemed hostile to Rahcel saying she wasnt Chosen while was docile to Baam saying he is a guest.then again i do seem paranoid
my theories of today is sounding more like soap materials
Seriously, that sounds like one of local movies we often have here, with the amnesia and all. :XD

I think things would be interested if he didn't forget. I'm not yet sure what would he turned out to be; either completely pissed off getting betrayed like that or still as devoted as usual, or maybe even as far as you, having amnesia and such. I only wish that he could start anew this way; poor Baam.

Do you think one/some of the administrators faked his death to get him away from Rachel and to give him a fresh start, new chance to go after her for whatever reason he now has?
srsly you guys get these trash concept in the movie too?
i thought Bd was the only place where you get these stuffs :p
like i said i dont see it happening either.
if there is any possiblity of some one saving Baam then i sense that there are some member of walhaiksong inthe administration otherwise the zahard forces will be happy if baam dies
so either Leoreo (the only decent guy in the test so far) must have some connection with the Wing Tree
otherwise i dont see a reason to hide Baam

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Yeah! Regulars go directely to the second floor and don't get tested by Headon since he is the one who chose regulars in first place.... so I guess Baam took the test for Rachel?! And that bitch was still ungrateful?! Headon is right she is dirty inside!

I can't imagine how Baam will react to the recent events... Will he want revenge? Will he seek explanations? Or maybe he will find another motivation? The first one seems out of character, the second one is no good for fans who are pissed and want Baam to be more manly, and I can't imagine the third one....
Hell ya, i want a 3yrs old time skip with Baam becoming some Uber bad ass like
Enryu is known to fight by creating thousands of spears made with Shinsoo and striking them downwards. Some people use a poetic expression, 'Red Rain', to describe this scene. However, it wouldn't look as beautiful from the victim's point of view. Enryu's overwhelming control of Shinsoo is rated a cut above the Guardians, and it is a 'heretical' ability, breaking the laws of the Tower.

Until now, the person who handled the biggest numerical value of Shinsoo is Enryu. And although the accurate number is not recorded, it's clear that it surpasses other recorded figures greatly. (According to a Light Bearer who could record Enryu's combat, Enryu is known to have handled more than 9000 Baangs during the combat.)
well not so much but atleast 2% of that strength is expected

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I can only say that I completely agree with nii-kun and ErosVp.
Is it possible that certain people from inside the tower wants a change, thus 'summoning' Baam using Lahel? Since Baam would do anything for her at that point...

srsly you guys get these trash concept in the movie too?
i thought Bd was the only place where you get these stuffs :p
Just this once go off-topic, yes, seriously. -_-; :XD

so either Leoreo (the only decent guy in the test so far) must have some connection with the Wing Tree
otherwise i dont see a reason to hide Baam
Maybe. I think Leroro seems to be quite the good guy; at least he is a bit rational. Even Yu Han Sung doesn't give an aura as positive as him. But after this 'accident' with Lahel I wonder if everyone is as innocent as they are... >__>

Hell ya, i want a 3yrs old time skip with Baam becoming some Uber bad ass like
well not so much but atleast 2% of that strength is expected
Three years might be a bit too much, but I won't complain that inside the spoiler. :XD

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

i just hope Baam is an irregular. otherwise it will be epic fail, i mean Rachle who is the most repugnant character gets to be the most important one inthe tower while Baam the most likeable one the main character and the prodigy gets to be a regular is a bit too much
hope this doesnt become the turn out
but the latest chap is really giving out the undesired aura

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Now this is the perfect chapter to compare the evolution in art. Again I was quite surprised how much it did change, you really don't notice the grave difference to the beginning. Here are some examples:

and

An even better example:

and

And I found it interesting that chapter 76 ends with the same scene chapter 1 ended:

I can only say that I completely agree with nii-kun and ErosVp.
Is it possible that certain people from inside the tower wants a change, thus 'summoning' Baam using Lahel? Since Baam would do anything for her at that point...
I could imagine that. In chapter 2 Yuri says that Headon is an old veteran of the tower which means he could be on King Zahards side. Maybe they even want to use him against the rebellion faction around Urek Mazino? I mean Headon even suggested and allowed Yuri to give the Black March to him, which is actually forbidden (by his own words).

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Hey may be its like this. Baam was the irregular but he didnt have any incentive to go into the tower. Rachel was touching Baam remember so may be when they were talking abt entering tower the door was forced open and the one who wanted to go ie rachel went in by sheer will power through the opened door.
Headon was expecting the real irregular and so was pissed with the phony and said all that . After that Baam really got the incentive to enter tower he of course being the true irregular and possessing the power to barge into the tower came it and headon was happy abt it finally.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Wow, such difference in the artwork... I personally think that it is getting better. If we compare it, I think Lahel looks more realistic but at the same time more comic-ish. which is not a bad thing. It is smoother and more comfortable to look at. Great job from SIU, how much he had improved!

This is getting even more interesting. More conflicting business are coming in, I wonder how they would all clash. :XD Poor Baam.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Only irregulars may challenge the floor guardian, so Baam is a irregular right? Or he only was able to do so because Rachel was also taking the test? I prefer to believe both are irregulars since both were in the first floor and the author was trying to mislead us with the red giant....

About the art, good to know it is improving... but in the second example didn't Rachel looked like Black March?

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

ErosVp, your quote about Headon with him choosing the regular is from the wiki, right ? I don't remind reading it in the manhwa. Then that would tend to make Baam an irregular (although we can read that regulars are chosen by the tower). But the fact that Headon treats him as an irregular, the guardian, etc, that would make too many incoherences in the plot if he was a regular. But then we can not really say that he entered by himself like the other one. I hope SIU clarifies thing soon because, it's rather perturbing.
If Rachel and Baam are both irregulars, maybe it's the 2 of them which will revolution the tower. We still have to see how Rachel succeeded to come to the second floor, there must be a reason for Headon to let her pass in the end, despite all what he said.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Yeak k-dom! It is stated that regular don't even go to the first floor... That girlfriend of Leeso showed this when in her flashback she only glimpses Headon and is teleported directely to the second floor. It is coherent with the wiki that states that Headon selects the regulars and some of them doesn't even get to see him. It is rather pertubing indeed.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

but then that only relates to some right? I got the impression that regulars visit the first floor too, f.ex. to get the marble that allows them to understand the different languages :s
which exact chapter are you referring to?

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Only irregulars may challenge the floor guardian, so Baam is a irregular right? Or he only was able to do so because Rachel was also taking the test? I prefer to believe both are irregulars since both were in the first floor and the author was trying to mislead us with the red giant....
He did not challenge the guardian, the guardian gave him a test to pass the floor. That's the same treatment a regular gets too.
Well the only sure thing is that Rachel definitely is an irregular because Headon clearly states that she was not chosen by the tower. He further refers to Baam as "Our Guest has arrived", I do not know if that means he wasn't chosen as well :/ only thing that irritates me is that Headon behaviour to Rachel is completely different to the way he acted around Baam.
My guess is that someone planned for Baam to reach the tower and Rachel was merely there so she got transferred by accident. Or maybe not, Headon seems so wicked that he could very well behave this way to get a certain reaction from Rachel, the same way he manipulated Baam too.

Wow, such difference in the artwork... I personally think that it is getting better. If we compare it, I think Lahel looks more realistic but at the same time more comic-ish. which is not a bad thing. It is smoother and more comfortable to look at. Great job from SIU, how much he had improved!
yeah I think the same and yet there is something to the old art I like as well. It seemed more "stylish", the current art is more refined but lost a bit of it's charm (at least to me).

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Which chapter shows Serena Rinnen's flashback? I don't remember, but she was talking to Ho when it happened...
yup that's what I meant. Still the wiki says she was at the first floor and then got teleported by Headon. I guess everyone talks to him but he decides if a test (and what difficulty) is necessary.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

No,no. She was in some city in the outer tower, Headon appeared before her and teleported her to the inner tower, directely to the second floor.

Only irregular have the option to get tested by the floor guardian right? Koon requested it to the director (always forget her name, the coffee addicted), the director said "only irregulars", then Baam ploclaimed he was an irregular and everyone got surprised....

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany

No,no. She was in some city in the outer tower, Headon appeared before her and teleported her to the inner tower, directely to the second floor.

Only irregular have the option to get tested by the floor guardian right? Koon requested it to the director (always forget her name, the coffee addicted), the director said "only irregulars", then Baam ploclaimed he was an irregular and everyone got surprised....
ah yeah, seems you are right.

well I guess it's a given that Baam is an irregular then. Rachel didn't open the door (to the tower) though, that means either Baam opened it unconciously or someone opened it for him and Rachel was dragged along.

I still get the feeling that Rachels betrayal was planned by the higher ups. In chapter 56 the director speaks to himself, saying "A wave big enough to shake the tower is about to form". That alone proves that he/she is not acting like she is supposed to do because the second floor tests are used to wipe out anyone that could be a threat against the tower.

Then in chapter 58 he acts surprised by the fact that Koon wants to take a test from the Guardian and that Baam is an irregular but you can clearly see him smirk when Baam announced it.
In chapter 55 he further states that he will help Ren to get rid of Anak Zahard.

All this makes me believe that he planned to either kill Baam or use him for something else right from the start. I'm pretty sure he worked together with Rachel too.

Took another look at chapter 55.
Koon gets told by the red haired girl (who is working together with Rachel) that Ho is jealous of Baam. Koon then made Quant protect her. This way Rachel and the red haired girl made sure that Ho would attack her but that she would fail at killing her ---> Rachel can pretend to be not able to walk.
Now the message to attack Rachel most likely came from herself or the red haired girl who got informed by the Director that they would be in the same team (Quoting Koon from chap 56 who said "It's as if the culprit knew that Rachel and Ho were going to be on the same team").
So my theory is that all this was already planned before the Hide-and-Seek test even started <___< what do you guys think?

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Chapter 76 is... :gwah

No sympathy yet so far. Throwing someone who devoted his life for you, derived by anger and envy... What a complicated girl. :fail

That's the thing that makes her interesting to begin with. SIU did a great job in creating a complex character like Lahel/Rachel. I mean, I really hate her but on the other hand I really, want to know, on which point, she decided to get rid of Baam. Did she propose the deal (of getting rid of Baam) to Headon or did he propose it?

I don't think that the Administartors, who are working in accordance with the Tower's law made by Zahard, would risk their entire existence for an Irregular. I mean these guys, Rankers, Administrator etc. have been portrayed as being 'selfish', who tossed other people whether companion or opponent out of the competition just for one simple reason to climb to the top of the Tower.

Now that Chapter was fairly interesting, especially after reading Chapter 1 and 2 again.
For once I don't really understand Headon yet, he seems to have no interest in Lahel and yet he showed great interest in Baam, even though going by the logic Lahel should be the "Irregular" and Baam a "Regular", at least if chosen means "Regular".

Headon complety fools Baam and Yuri by saying he would be an irregular then. On the other hand Headon's ridiculous test doesn't make much sense when he knew Baam's a regular or maybe he forced Lahel's test upon him because he exactly knew who Baam was talking about.
I was quite curious about Headon from the start but this development made me even more curious, I can't shake off the feeling that he had a concrete plan in mind when he chose Baam.

Really looking forward to the next chapter, so far it doesn't seem like Lahel at any plans against Baam at this point of the story. I guess we will see another 1 or chapters of Rachel Flashback to understand why it has come to this.
To me it looks like Headon has his own secret agenda. With this chapter I have now, the confirmation, that he is indeed planning something due to Ajumma's flashback, which seemed to hint that Headon might be an important character to the storyline. I mean, he gave/proposed a test to Lahel/Rachel, which is designed to test Irregular's. Even though he was aware that Lahel/Rachel wasn't the Irregular, that opened the door. In addition he even 'forced' Yuri to hand over the black march to Baam, by fully knowing the consequence of Yuri's fate!! He is definetly a character to look out for.

I'm also looking forward to the development as to when she decided to get rid of Baam. But my gut feeling tells me, that her decision is somehow related to her dream. IIRC in that very dream, she climbed to the top of the Tower and reached the stars whereas Baam did the same but with a difference. The difference was that she tossed everyone that is dear to her, whereas Baam decided to keep them and Lahel/Rachel wasn't among Baam's dearest.

I personally think that Baam, will find a new motivation. I hope that he will try to do anything to not being alone anymore. After all these years, he found his 'stars', which are his new found friends. :D

ah yeah, seems you are right.

well I guess it's a given that Baam is an irregular then. Rachel didn't open the door (to the tower) though, that means either Baam opened it unconciously or someone opened it for him and Rachel was dragged along.

I still get the feeling that Rachels betrayal was planned by the higher ups. In chapter 56 the director speaks to himself, saying "A wave big enough to shake the tower is about to form". That alone proves that he/she is not acting like she is supposed to do because the second floor tests are used to wipe out anyone that could be a threat against the tower.

Then in chapter 58 he acts surprised by the fact that Koon wants to take a test from the Guardian and that Baam is an irregular but you can clearly see him smirk when Baam announced it.
In chapter 55 he further states that he will help Ren to get rid of Anak Zahard.

All this makes me believe that he planned to either kill Baam or use him for something else right from the start. I'm pretty sure he worked together with Rachel too.

Took another look at chapter 55.
Koon gets told by the red haired girl (who is working together with Rachel) that Ho is jealous of Baam. Koon then made Quant protect her. This way Rachel and the red haired girl made sure that Ho would attack her but that she would fail at killing her ---> Rachel can pretend to be not able to walk.
Now the message to attack Rachel most likely came from herself or the red haired girl who got informed by the Director that they would be in the same team (Quoting Koon from chap 56 who said "It's as if the culprit knew that Rachel and Ho were going to be on the same team").
So my theory is that all this was already planned before the Hide-and-Seek test even started <___< what do you guys think?
Hmm...didn't you guys notice that the door to the tower is placed on the ground?:blink

It seems like Baam did open the door to the tower not once but twice!! So I'd think, he first opened it unconciously and later decided to follow Lahel and opened it conciously. So by definition he is indeed an Irregular but the question still remains, what the hell is then Lahel/Rachel??

No, I think that Lahel's betrayal was her method to stay under Zahard's radar. I mean, the regulars consists of an not acknowledged Zahard princess, Anak, the two Irregulars, Baam and Akryung. Lahel, doesn't fall under any category due to her not being a 'true regular'. IMO she took the opportunity to not get the attention of Zahard due to her own circumstance.

It could also be that Headon might be working with Yu Hansung or rather using him. In order to let Lahel/Rachel climb to the top of the Tower and cause an uproar there that might shake the Tower itself due to her being rejected by the Tower itself. I for one know, that the story will get even better from this point onwards. :D

Last edited: