Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 76 Discussion/77 Predictions | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 76 Discussion/77 Predictions

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Tower of God by SIU

well I guess it's a given that Baam is an irregular then. Rachel didn't open the door (to the tower) though, that means either Baam opened it unconciously or someone opened it for him and Rachel was dragged along.
well this is what i think
Hey may be its like this. Baam was the irregular but he didnt have any incentive to go into the tower. Rachel was touching Baam remember so may be when they were talking abt entering tower the door was forced open and the one who wanted to go ie rachel went in by sheer will power through the opened door.
Headon was expecting the real irregular and so was pissed with the phony and said all that . After that Baam really got the incentive to enter tower he of course being the true irregular and possessing the power to barge into the tower came it and headon was happy abt it finally.
---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

some tacits that Baam is irregular
1, 2, 3, 4
though all of the claims that he is an irregular is made By him so i guess no one knows for sure , nd even if he is not an irregular the feats that he shows is good enough for him to be the next mr boss after Mazino

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States

Going by these past few chapters, it's clear that Lahel is not as nice as she seems. Between participating in that slaughter that killed 130 testees, Androssi's comments on her personality, and Headon's assessment this chapter, Lahel is far more ruthless than she appears. Only in Baam's presence does her good-side show. Lahel is a mother-figure to Baam and its even possible she harbored undefined romantic feelings towards him. Yet the current situation between the two forced her hand. I am going to play devil's advocate here against people screaming outrage over Lahel's actions, which to be honest are justified.

Looking at this flashback, however, its becoming clear that Lahel probably rationalizes her actions as a "necessary evil". Baam has gotten himself nearly killed on several occassions as he climbed the Tower because of Lahel and Lahel is clearly worried and fearful that Baam will actually die because of her. Keep in mind too that Baam being an Irregular is common knowledge now and that the higher-ups will do everything in their power to remove him. That would mean Baam as well as several other people in the party would get killed if their actions succeeded. With Baam "dead" now, however, a fresh slot has been given to Lahel and everyone else.

The flashback also hasn't ended. Lahel pushing Baam out of the bubble is clearly a last-minute plan. It's very well possible that she made hasty arrangements for Baam's survival and her parting words for Baam are to persuade Baam to quit looking for her. All of this was to give Baam a fresh-start as well as Lahel no longer having to wrestle with the prospect of Baam's death on her conscience.

On a side note, I suspect her motives also tie in to jealously. For Baam to succeed where she failed and acquiring friends along the way. It was commented repeatedly that Baam "shines" and that some people cannot stand to be in his presence without being overwhelmed by envy, fear, etc. Lahel once had a dream of seeing the stars and invited Baam to come to her side... Only for Baam to ignore her because of his comrades. Jealously and her heightened fear of losing Baam pushed her to "kill" Baam.

Hey may be its like this. Baam was the irregular but he didnt have any incentive to go into the tower. Rachel was touching Baam remember so may be when they were talking abt entering tower the door was forced open and the one who wanted to go ie rachel went in by sheer will power through the opened door.
Headon was expecting the real irregular and so was pissed with the phony and said all that . After that Baam really got the incentive to enter tower he of course being the true irregular and possessing the power to barge into the tower came it and headon was happy abt it finally.
Baam was chosen by the Tower but Lahel hijacked his ride instead. Afterwards Baam forced the door to open in pursuit of Lahel. That's why Headon has referred Baam as both an Irregular and a Regular at the same time. That's also why he calls Lahel all those nasty words since Lahel can't even force the doors to open and instead bummed her way into the Tower.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Looking at this flashback, however, its becoming clear that Lahel probably rationalizes her actions as a "necessary evil". Baam has gotten himself nearly killed on several occassions as he climbed the Tower because of Lahel and Lahel is clearly worried and fearful that Baam will actually die because of her. Keep in mind too that Baam being an Irregular is common knowledge now and that the higher-ups will do everything in their power to remove him. That would mean Baam as well as several other people in the party would get killed if their actions succeeded. With Baam "dead" now, however, a fresh slot has been given to Lahel and everyone else.

The flashback also hasn't ended. Lahel pushing Baam out of the bubble is clearly a last-minute plan. It's very well possible that she made hasty arrangements for Baam's survival and her parting words for Baam are to persuade Baam to quit looking for her. All of this was to give Baam a fresh-start as well as Lahel no longer having to wrestle with the prospect of Baam's death on her conscience.

On a side note, I suspect her motives also tie in to jealously. For Baam to succeed where she failed and acquiring friends along the way. It was commented repeatedly that Baam "shines" and that some people cannot stand to be in his presence without being overwhelmed by envy, fear, etc. Lahel once had a dream of seeing the stars and invited Baam to come to her side... Only for Baam to ignore her because of his comrades. Jealously and her heightened fear of losing Baam pushed her to "kill" Baam.
ya i agree with the jealous part, she was jealous of Baam for being able to go ahead of her and being able to amass so many comrades to aid him to go above. Further more for him she had her legs gone i think i remember that the admin delayed the healing process or sth so that she is injured an Baam comes out to meet the guardian.
So i suppose she has been having some sort of trauma and did what she did
i understand it but i dont sympathies it, its a nasty and a horrendous thing to do what she did and she has no guilt painted on her.
she lied blatantly then she pretended to faint to get ppls support and show how hurt she is. later she seemed to be totally fine apart from being 'tired'

ErosVp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Welcome to the ToG fanbase Frankie!

Interesting thought that Baam is a irregular and regular at the same time. That is the explanation that makes more sense...

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Welcome to the ToG fanbase Frankie!

Interesting thought that Baam is a irregular and regular at the same time. That is the explanation that makes more sense...
That makes him special from the other Irregulars too. Which is something that I approve of.

I've thought that maybe the irregulars are the ones really chosen by the tower and that the fact they forced the door is a rumor created by Zahard
This also makes sense considering that Zahard himself was one and doesn't want that someone might end his reign. But if that really is the case, then how does the Tower 'choose'? With the recent chapter it's obvious, that the chosen one must fullfil a requirement, which leads to the question, what specificially the requirement is? I hope that SIU will reveal the answer to the question someday.

@Eros and shaheer: I finally got my christmas present that is my new signature^^. Now the three Musketeers promoting ToG is complete. :D

Last edited:

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Great! First step is win the best manhwa awaed, then give Charlie and phio more work by earning a forum! Muahahahahaha (evil laugh)

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

hehehe well not to forget Naruto we can annoy Niichan for the sub, the manhwa awards will be tough esp against Breaker.
@host 3 muskeeters it is :super

murtas

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Interesting how the artwork has been changed over time, personally, I actually like more baam design from the beginning, the artwork is more raw, less refined, more original, thats the way i would describe it.
Now it is more shounen-ish.

About the plot, I have no doubts that Baam is an Irregular, there shouldn't be any.
But i'm a bit confused about Lahel being one or not. Actually I believe that Lahel in order to go to the next floor she did arrange an agreement about dispose of Baam in order to proceed in the climb of the tower.

Now (unlike in the previous chapter), i'm interested in what the author has saved for us. I'm really intrigued now! Can't wait.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

nother new member in TOG FC welcome man
as for the next chap ya we are all intrigued esp since the epilogue will last till 78 nd then its rumored that author will take a break
how long is a question yet to be answered.
So we are expecting Baams conditions to be revealed soon, i mean b4 season 2 starts

murtas

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

I'm not new fan of TOG, post number #102 on this thread was my first. :p

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

missed ya sorry mate :tem
we recently had a haul of post jumping from 24 pg to 30 in a short time

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

I think that Baam, once he has recovered won't climb the tower alone. For some reason I believe that Rak, will find him due to his predator attitude. The thing that we all have overlooked is what will happen to Anak and Akryung? They both are targets who need to be eliminated.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder what Koon will do when he finds out that Rachel has been deceiving him / them.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

P-s : Hope everyone is happy that we have our own section for Tog. Please keep discussions about that in the hangout thread.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
hehehe well not to forget Naruto we can annoy Niichan for the sub, the manhwa awards will be tough esp against Breaker.
@host 3 muskeeters it is :super
No need to annoy me, it's already here :D
so I hope we will have a lot of fun discussing ToG chapters here!

I wonder what Koon will do when he finds out that Rachel has been deceiving him / them.
I can barely imagine that. My guess would be that a few members even would go so far as to kill her and Baam (as kindhearted as he is) will protect her. I'm not sure if Baam will find another motivation to climb the tower yet so I guess he will try to get some answers from Rachel.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I can barely imagine that. My guess would be that a few members even would go so far as to kill her and Baam (as kindhearted as he is) will protect her. I'm not sure if Baam will find another motivation to climb the tower yet so I guess he will try to get some answers from Rachel.
I honestly can see it coming that way, if Baam didn't change after what happened to him, which I doubt because no matter how faithful someone is, to be betrayed by a person you love/trust very much would still hurt no matter what. :P About the motivation, true that. Lahel would always be his main fuel, at least until they are back together again and we see Baam's reaction towards Lahel. *sigh*

I wonder how long it would take Baam to be able to rise again. I mean, if we take for example that he is gravely injured, needs time to rest, plus climbing the tower alone without assistance of anyone, it would surely take long compared to Lahel having Koon and friends supporting her. I think he would make new friends, though. He has to. :3

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I wonder how long it would take Baam to be able to rise again. I mean, if we take for example that he is gravely injured, needs time to rest, plus climbing the tower alone without assistance of anyone, it would surely take long compared to Lahel having Koon and friends supporting her. I think he would make new friends, though. He has to. :3
IMO I still think that some of the main group will defect especially Rak. Due to his hunting nature I think that he is going to look for his 'prey' because no corpse was found. And as the leader of the group it's also his responsibility to atleast find Baam's 'corpse' in order to give him a proper burial with that in mind he is going to look for Baam, hopefully. :p

Sunny-Go

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Its kinda confusing Chapter. If Rachel was mistaken for Baam, because they were huggin each other duing that transfer, that would make Baam a Regular.
But Baam entered the Tower through the Tower-Door afterwards, which means he is an Irregular as well as a Regular.

But why would the Tower choose someone with the Power of an Irregular. Maybe the Tower intentionally Transfered Rachel to lure in Baam. That would explain Rachel beeing at Baams Test Spot without a special purpose. If someone wanted Baam to enter the Tower without leaving evidence behind, that would be the way.

Furthermore, Baams first Test was very hard and would have most likely killed Baam right away if Lady Yuri didn't appear with Black March. Hideon couldn't have known Baam would end up with Black March to pop the Ball, but then again he did Talk Lady Yuri into wagering Black March afterall.

Hideon is probably just executing orders from Higher ups who want Baam dead, while he himself has his own plans for Baam and wants him to climb the tower.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It is complicated! But it is certain Baam is an irregular right? He had to pass a test in the first floor... Rachel must be an irregular too since she was in the first floor too. Until the author give us better explanations I'll believe both of them are irregulars...

Hey! Is yuri really interested inBaam or she is interested in irregulars? Just crossed my mind Urek is inviting others irregulars to join him...

murtas

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I'm really interested on what the author has planned for Baam character development.
It really can go both ways. Its all about how fresh it will feel.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hey! Is yuri really interested inBaam or she is interested in irregulars? Just crossed my mind Urek is inviting others irregulars to join him...
Perhaps Yuri is just interested in Baam, that she saw in him powers that could be used for better situations or something like that? We don't even know what Yuri actually wants by climbing the tower... Thinking again, we don't really know other participants' motivation for climbing the tower, thus harder to determine whether they are in 'our side' or not. XD