Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 77 Discussion/78 Predictions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 77 Discussion/78 Predictions

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
This thread is for Tower of God Chapter 77 spoilers. If you have spoilers please PM a global moderator or admin to open this thread.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
  • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
  • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
  • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
  • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
  • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
  • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
  • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
  • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
  • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
  • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
  • *.usercash.*
    *.linkbucks.*
    *.tinyurl.*
    *.anonym.to/*
    *.xrl.us/*
    *.realfiles.net*
    *.sharecash.*
    *.shorl.com/*
    *.lix.in/*
    *.pgi-shumen.info/*
    *hotfile.com*
    *letitbit.net*
    *depositfiles.com*
    *tiny.cc*
    *uploading.com*
    *ugotfile.com*
    *depositt.blogspot.com*
    *cashfiles.blog.com*
    *snipurl.com*
    *bit.ly*
    *rayfile.com*
    *storage.to*
    *megaupload.com*
    *share-links.biz*
    *doiop.com*
    *filefactory.com*
    *missupload.com*
    *enterupload.com*
    *mangoshare.com*

Formatting:
  • We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

You can discuss the current chapter here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tower of God Chapter 77 Spoiler Thread

Raw chapter 77 is out @ naver here.

Lots of Juicy dialogue and it seems some things are revealed. Can't wait to see a trans for this. ^^

Last edited:

ErosVp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Headon is one of the most interesting characters in this manhwa! I have the feeling we will see him a lot more during the series... I get the feeling Headon is manipulating Rachel, and it looks like not only Rachel and the red haired girls are pawns of the coffee addict, Akryung is too!!!

With this I bet Akryung and the Red haired girl I always forget the name are regulars, problaby they already passed the second floor test and are only giving a hand to the director, since they seem stronger then the others of that level... With this Rachel must be a really weak and wicked irregular that is dumb enough to get involved with dangerous people!!!

I'll wait the translation to see if I got anything right! XD
This chapter seems like it will be good and contain some answers for our doubts..... BUT NO BAAM AGAIN! T_T

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Lahel made a deal with Headon (She first says how it's unfair how Baam was able to get help from the weird woman, receiving weapons and such. But, Headon replies by saying that the important part is that Baam had the courage when Lahel did not; he says that Baam was like a hero of a tale. She then says that Baam stole everything from her. Headon tells Lahel that if she does Headon a favor, he'll make her the hero of this tale).

Akryung was sent by Headon to aid Lahel. Yu Han Sung told Lahel that she will steal everything from Baam for Lahel (his friends, rights, and strength to other stuff to make her the protagonist of the story).

Hwa Ryun was a guide of Lahel (Yu Han Sung says that Guides are blessed by the tower, and they sometimes even predict the future and change it). She asks Lahel why Lahel wants to see the stars, and Lahel replies by saying that she is afraid of the night(Baam).

At the end HwaRyun says that she is going to meet Baam.
What she says literally translates to something like "I'll go see the night that has lost the stars."

It kind of feels weird writing a review of a script I finished 2 weeks ago;;

Hello Everyone
Merry Christmas.. Ah, it's over.
I..It's a relief. It passed safely again this year.

People that have seen the prologue (Headon's floor)
Often asked
'Why is it so like a shounen manhwa?"
...What's wrong with shounen manhwa.
Is it wrong if it's a shounen manhwa.

Anyways.
Baam's "typical shounen hero" actions
are intended in a way.
Because Lahel is not someone like that.
I wanted to prepare you all by showing Lahel looking at this in the epilogue.
Hmm. I'm not sure if I was successful thoough.
-----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------- (Skipping parts lol)
I'm still learning

If Baam is like the typical hero type,
then Lahel is like an anti-hero.
Maybe this Manhwa will become something like
Shounen but not shounen thanks to Lahel.
Oh, and Lahel and Baam are connected in more complex way than it appears to be.
------------------------------------------------------------ (Again skipping)

Next week concludes the epilogue,
I wish that you will enjoy it until the end^^

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I begin to have the same feelings for Lahel as the ones I have for Griffith from Berserk ... Feelings that are easily translated in one word: "DIE".
I still had some hope for Lahel but she really is messing with Baam & everyone from the beginning. What a bitch... and Baam is such a good guy that he will probably still protect her no matter what.

The important character in this chapter is Headon. This guy is the real mastermind behind all this.

My current theory:
As far as we know, Headon has only one goal: find Enryu.
At this point, I believe that he is going to put Baam in the most difficult situations in order to see him improve fastly. Baam is abnormaly talented & especially when it comes to Shinsoo. And the most talented Shinsoo user is supposed to be Enryu ... So, I'm guessing that Headon is using Baam as a bait for Enryu.

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I begin to have the same feelings for Lahel as the ones I have for Griffith from Berserk ... Feelings that are easily translated in one word: "DIE".
I still had some hope for Lahel but she really is messing with Baam & everyone from the beginning. What a bitch... and Baam is such a good guy that he will probably still protect her no matter what.
yeah both seem (in Rachels case) to be Anti-Heroes but I wouldn't put them on the same level yet. Her recent actions definitely made her into a character which can be hated easily but I want to try to understand (and know) her reasons before I judge her. The tower (and especially Headon) changed/are changing her, that's for sure but she is not at a point where she can't redeem herself, at least for me.

Anyway...

Chapter looks very interesting, seems like we will get to know to reasons behind her betrayal. I won't check the translation because I want to enjoy the chapter in it's fullest. Only thing that's pretty certain is that Rachel worked together with the Director/Headon. Looking forward to the revelations!

kangclaw

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yeah both seem (in Rachels case) to be Anti-Heroes but I wouldn't put them on the same level yet. Her recent actions definitely made her into a character which can be hated easily but I want to try to understand (and know) her reasons before I judge her. The tower (and especially Headon) changed/are changing her, that's for sure but she is not at a point where she can't redeem herself, at least for me.

Anyway...

Chapter looks very interesting, seems like we will get to know to reasons behind her betrayal. I won't check the translation because I want to enjoy the chapter in it's fullest. Only thing that's pretty certain is that Rachel worked together with the Director/Headon. Looking forward to the revelations!
I had a feeling that Lahel was somehow influenced by someone. It did not seem normal for someone like Lahel to betray someone like Baam, especially with all of their history. Also from the previous chapter Lahel did not know that Baam would also enter the Tower.

He is the one who made Lahel do what she did.
The question is will Baam ever find out?

I also note that the author said that Lahel is like an anti-hero, meaning that she is not a bad guy.

I hope we find out more about Lahel's reasoning for why she wants to climb the Tower so much, that she is willing to push Baam away.

Are we seeing glimpses into the characters of some of the ultimate beings of the Tower?

The Irregulars are known to cause change in the Tower. I think there is a reason why all of the Irregulars do what they did, even Phantaminum.

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lahel is such a bitch, I'm slowly losing hope that she'll be able to redeem herself someday.

She pushed Baam into the abyss because of jealousy?! Seriously this is some utter bullshit. I mean, we all know that Baam lived his entire lifetime (until now) in that cave. How was he able to steal anything from Lahel, if he didn't even set foot outside the cave? In addition nobody forced her to stay with Baam and teach him. The thing that also bugs me is the fact, that she spent a lot of time with Baam, they're friends and she is afraid of him. Because of what?

The new chapter is already out!!! :D

Last edited:

murtas

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Actually I believe that Lahel in order to go to the next floor she did arrange an agreement about dispose of Baam in order to proceed in the climb of the tower.
It didn't seem that hard to figure out.
Afterall, the twist wasn't that fresh and Lahel character background was just as cliche as it can get.

Now, the Red Haired girl, got some development, a guide like Evan, wow she must be powerfull (just shows how ridicously strong baam is to inflict such wound to her.)

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So that is why Evan sensed something, the red girl (give up trying to learn her name) is a guide!!!

I was thinking, Baam experienced jealosy two times, with Ho and Rachel.... What if his new motivation is to destroy the rules of the tower that makes people to abandon their past and harden their hearts?! Maybe Baam will try to destroy the tower and let everyone go to the outer world! Zahard conquered the floors from 1st to 134th, maybe Baam will be the one to conquer the upper floord and their guardians!!!!!

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Interesting chapter. I can't wait for next chapter already; a gentle hint of being able to see someone we all missed so dear! :D

I had a feeling that Lahel was somehow influenced by someone. It did not seem normal for someone like Lahel to betray someone like Baam, especially with all of their history. Also from the previous chapter Lahel did not know that Baam would also enter the Tower.
Maybe, maybe not? It doesn't seem like so. I have no idea if in the past she lived with someone else as she kept on seeing Baam and played with him everyday and if that changed her. It is possible that this/these person(s) told her about the stars and the tower thus making her want to climb the tower. Though I think what upset her was Baam's own existence and the fact that he was more preferred than her.

The Irregulars are known to cause change in the Tower. I think there is a reason why all of the Irregulars do what they did, even Phantaminum.
Perhaps the irregulars did so because they are completely unexpected, and people (regulars included maybe) wanted them to be gone as they disturb the balance of the tower.

So that is why Evan sensed something, the red girl (give up trying to learn her name) is a guide!!!

I was thinking, Baam experienced jealosy two times, with Ho and Rachel.... What if his new motivation is to destroy the rules of the tower that makes people to abandon their past and harden their hearts?! Maybe Baam will try to destroy the tower and let everyone go to the outer world! Zahard conquered the floors from 1st to 134th, maybe Baam will be the one to conquer the upper floord and their guardians!!!!!
It is Hwa Ryun. :XD (I begin to remember their names one by one, wish me all the best!!!)

I wouldn't be surprised even if he did. Since, after all, irregulars are known for bringing changes and disturbances to the tower. I do think that at certain point we would be able to see from outside the tower, and that the tower would be destroyed since it has kept so many people inside, leading them crazy. XD

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anyone noticed that Hwa Ryun didn't wear her eye patch when visiting the Director? She got her eye sliced up, I wonder if she could heal it herself :blink and aside from that she always walks around with the eye patch, looks like Rachel isn't the only one pretending to have an injury...

She pushed Baam into the abyss because of jealousy?! Seriously this is some utter bullshit. I mean, we all know that Baam lived his entire lifetime (until now) in that cave. How was he able to steal anything from Lahel, if he didn't even set foot outside the cave? In addition nobody forced her to stay with Baam and teach him. The thing that also bugs me is the fact, that she spent a lot of time with Baam, they're friends and she is afraid of him. Because of what?
well I don't think that jealousy was/is her sole reason. It looks like the Director (still can't remember her name :s ) made a deal with her about getting rid of Baam. Or maybe she has other plans with Baam, as it looks like he's still living. There's a possibility that only Hwa Ryun knows about his location though, right now I'm really unsure as to who planned what. Only thing that's for sure is that Headon is the cause of all this. He plans something that relates to Baam, his interest in Rachel seems to be relatively low.

And don't forget that she could have meant the Night too, it's not sure that she is talking about Baam. Even if she does, we don't know Baams past and maybe she knows something about him that makes her scared. Both Rachel and Baam are complete mysteries too us, we don't know anything about them yet.

Interesting chapter. I can't wait for next chapter already; a gentle hint of being able to see someone we all missed so dear! :D

Perhaps the irregulars did so because they are completely unexpected, and people (regulars included maybe) wanted them to be gone as they disturb the balance of the tower.
yeah I'm really looking forward to that! Now I wonder what they plan to do with Baam and who is actually involved. This all seems like a huge conspiracy for a higher goal and Baam is the turning point of it all. There interest in Rachel seems to be relatively low from what I got, they help her reaching the top in exchange for her help but it doesn't seem to be more as a trade yet. Or maybe they are planning to use Rachel for a specific reason besides Baam too :s

the first Irregulars weren't really feared because no one knew what they were capable of. Only after Enryu and Phantaminum the higher ups started to fear them. The newer Regulars don't seem to know about it, I don't think that it's a general hate/fear from their side, more like individual points of view. I'm pretty sure that the Irregulars (or some of them) have a higher goal or maybe they just want to take over the Tower from Zahard. Who would want to be ruled if they are as strong as to rule themselves.

My guess still is that in the end it will come down to a even higher being than King Zahard, possibly the one who created the Tower. As I already mentioned in another Thread, the true purpose of the tower still isn't clear to me.

I do think that at certain point we would be able to see from outside the tower, and that the tower would be destroyed since it has kept so many people inside, leading them crazy. XD
The tower getting destroyed? That's quite an interesting idea but I could only see it coming at the end, otherwise the title of the manwha wouldn't make sense anymore. Seeing the outside would be quite interesting though, looking forward to that. SIU mentioned in his blog that:

1. The Tower is largely catagorized into three parts: The Outer Tower, the Inner Tower, and the Middle Area.

2. The Outer Tower is the residental district of the habitants, and each floor of the Outer Tower is as large as the continent of America on Earth.

So there would be a goddamn lot to discover :D

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The author stated ToG is just part of a world he created, I don't remember the name of the world lol! It was in a chapter....

Anyway, I think Baam will be the one to go past the 134th floor.... My prediction is that there are 135 or 150 floors.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
The author stated ToG is just part of a world he created, I don't remember the name of the world lol! It was in a chapter....

Anyway, I think Baam will be the one to go past the 134th floor.... My prediction is that there are 135 or 150 floors.
And at floor 200, Hisoka is waiting ...

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anyone noticed that Hwa Ryun didn't wear her eye patch when visiting the Director? She got her eye sliced up, I wonder if she could heal it herself :blink and aside from that she always walks around with the eye patch, looks like Rachel isn't the only one pretending to have an injury...

I think that conversation occured before the Crown game had started. Otherwise the chapter itself wouldn't be 'grey', so in other words it was a flashback close to the current timeline. They probably planned there, how to orchestrate their participation during the crown game. This way it makes even more sense as to why, back then Hwa Ryu 'purposely' attacked Lahel instead of Baam, when he was sitting on the throne.

well I don't think that jealousy was/is her sole reason. It looks like the Director (still can't remember her name :s ) made a deal with her about getting rid of Baam. Or maybe she has other plans with Baam, as it looks like he's still living. There's a possibility that only Hwa Ryun knows about his location though, right now I'm really unsure as to who planned what. Only thing that's for sure is that Headon is the cause of all this. He plans something that relates to Baam, his interest in Rachel seems to be relatively low.

We all know that the real mastermind is Headon. And I pretty much doubt it, that he wanted to get rid of Baam due to him being chosen by the Tower. So he probably 'ordered' Yu Hansung to help Lahel but also keeping Baam safe. IMO I think that they want to manipulate Baam and use him for their own purpose. But the thing that doesn't bode well with me was the absent of Evankhell, the real manager of the floor. The timing was way too perfect. I personally think that he would never let such a thing happen in the first place.

And don't forget that she could have meant the Night too, it's not sure that she is talking about Baam. Even if she does, we don't know Baams past and maybe she knows something about him that makes her scared. Both Rachel and Baam are complete mysteries too us, we don't know anything about them yet.

But niichan, you know that the night is still not a reasonable reason to push Baam into the abyss. Let's just stick with jealousy for now. :D And she also might have used the Night as a metaphor for Baam too.

IIRC, the universe is called Talze user story. I'm not sure about that anymore. :p

This chapter gave us another revelation or possible hint about Akryung's true origin and a little spoiler from Headon's capability. Here is a close-up picture of Akryung taken from chapter 29.

Here from chapter 77 but without his mask on. Nothing strange....so far. :tem

From chapter 77 as well. This picture, that close-up caught my attention. :o

They both have a similar looking face and the height probably too. And the fact that Akryung doesn't talk but makes instead some weird noises makes me believe, that the statue and Akryung are the same being. Which makes Headon even more awesome or rather impressive to give a statue 'life' is something, that I've heard somewhere but don't seem to recall where?

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
And Enryu & Headon are linked. So, Host Samurai probably discovered the truth about Akryung. It's so obvious now.

murtas

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
We only see teeths, but that is nice theorycraft. ;p
Would be cool!

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
And Enryu & Headon are linked. So, Host Samurai probably discovered the truth about Akryung. It's so obvious now.
You mean Enryu helped Headon or maybe that Akryung is Enryu himself? Nice theory but I thought Enryu is lost and Headon wants to find him? At least that's the info SIU provided us with but who knows, maybe he already did find him.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

I think that conversation occured before the Crown game had started. Otherwise the chapter itself wouldn't be 'grey', so in other words it was a flashback close to the current timeline. They probably planned there, how to orchestrate their participation during the crown game. This way it makes even more sense as to why, back then Hwa Ryu 'purposely' attacked Lahel instead of Baam, when he was sitting on the throne.
yeah makes sense, didn't pay attention to that. Thanks for clearing that up! I already believed that they planned the whole thing before the Crown game so it makes perfect sense.

We all know that the real mastermind is Headon. And I pretty much doubt it, that he wanted to get rid of Baam due to him being chosen by the Tower. So he probably 'ordered' Yu Hansung to help Lahel but also keeping Baam safe. IMO I think that they want to manipulate Baam and use him for their own purpose. But the thing that doesn't bode well with me was the absent of Evankhell, the real manager of the floor. The timing was way too perfect. I personally think that he would never let such a thing happen in the first place.
I think the same. Rachel and Baam are merely palms in their hands, Headon is just using her urge to influence Baam the way he wants it. No clue what exactly he wants from him though.

hmm you think so? As I got it the Guardians barely interfere and they don't observe their floors most of the time. IIRC correctly Evankhell didn't get to know Baam before he appeared before him, would need to check though :/ not sure what the Guardians think but I don't believe that that he is involved in any way (and that Headon/Hansung didn't do a thing to/with him).

But niichan, you know that the night is still not a reasonable reason to push Baam into the abyss. Let's just stick with jealousy for now. And she also might have used the Night as a metaphor for Baam too.
No, she did that to fulfill her deal with Headon and likewise to get the help of Hansung. Jealousy is just a small reason for me, most likely the cause why she didn't hesitate much to throw him out of the bubble. Her thinking is just stupid but I can understand where she is coming from.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It would be cool if Headon created Akryung, but that statue has a horn so it isn't Akryung... And that thing looks feline, like a panther doesn't?