Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 77 Discussion/78 Predictions | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 77 Discussion/78 Predictions

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well either way Baam needeth to return and put a stop to all these guys pulling the strings. The one thing that I did not understand was why did the admin Yu - whatever go along with the plan. Is there something more to Baam that they know about?

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lahel is a bitch. I like her character and now I'm wondering more and more about her and Baam origins and how they ended up under the tower.

I'm thinking that Baam is an experiment and Lahel is the daughter of the one who made him. Don't ask me why I'm thinking that, but the fact that He doesn't mention his fathers, He just existed in a cave and learned all the things from her...Screams experiment to me. Well, aside of his name.

I guess that was deeply discussed here before and already mention but I feel like I should also say it xD

Anyway I also started to pay attention to the symbols on Headon floor. They're there for something. I don't think it's only tho show guardians but maybe as any tower and any first floor of a legendary place it's there to tell an story.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Anyone noticed that Hwa Ryun didn't wear her eye patch when visiting the Director? She got her eye sliced up, I wonder if she could heal it herself :blink and aside from that she always walks around with the eye patch, looks like Rachel isn't the only one pretending to have an injury...
Ah, yes, true. I agree, so many things now don't look as innocent as they are, eh? This is getting exciting. :D

yeah I'm really looking forward to that! Now I wonder what they plan to do with Baam and who is actually involved. This all seems like a huge conspiracy for a higher goal and Baam is the turning point of it all. There interest in Rachel seems to be relatively low from what I got, they help her reaching the top in exchange for her help but it doesn't seem to be more as a trade yet. Or maybe they are planning to use Rachel for a specific reason besides Baam too :s
If I have to relate it like that, then they are using Rachel as a bait to get Baam. After all, she has always been the reason why Baam entered the tower, or so we knew from Baam's point of view. Bu turning Rachel against him, he would want to go after her to actually find out what is happening, thus getting rid of anything in his way, including whatever plans they have for him. This is purely speculation, of course. XD

You mean Enryu helped Headon or maybe that Akryung is Enryu himself? Nice theory but I thought Enryu is lost and Headon wants to find him? At least that's the info SIU provided us with but who knows, maybe he already did find him.
It doesn't seem like so. No reason for him to use Rachel and Baam (if that prediction is true) if he had found Enryu before. I think perhaps these high-leveled irregulars are pulling strings from behind, just like how the administrators/directors of the tower. Waiting for the right moment to strike~

Well either way Baam needeth to return and put a stop to all these guys pulling the strings. The one thing that I did not understand was why did the admin Yu - whatever go along with the plan. Is there something more to Baam that they know about?
Maybe so. We started with Baam somewhere secluded, dark and alone. Who knows that maybe it was part of the tower, where everyone could keep an eye on him and do whatever else they wanted. Or maybe he is just someone from outside who was chosen for a certain reason, jailed there, etc.~ XD

I'm thinking that Baam is an experiment and Lahel is the daughter of the one who made him. Don't ask me why I'm thinking that, but the fact that He doesn't mention his fathers, He just existed in a cave and learned all the things from her...Screams experiment to me. Well, aside of his name.
Interesting. Science here, huh. :XD
His name is very strange, like what you have for princes or princesses from a kingdom or something. Does it mean that he could've been related to who created or owned the tower, or to Zahard? :P

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If I have to relate it like that, then they are using Rachel as a bait to get Baam. After all, she has always been the reason why Baam entered the tower, or so we knew from Baam's point of view. Bu turning Rachel against him, he would want to go after her to actually find out what is happening, thus getting rid of anything in his way, including whatever plans they have for him. This is purely speculation, of course. XD
My guess is more or less the same but there has to be more to it, otherwise he could have traveled together with Rachel, he already had the determination to climb the tower together with her, no matter what they would face. They want to manipulate him for a more specific reason, maybe they want him to become stronger faster or to do something reckless to get to where Rachel is.

It doesn't seem like so. No reason for him to use Rachel and Baam (if that prediction is true) if he had found Enryu before. I think perhaps these high-leveled irregulars are pulling strings from behind, just like how the administrators/directors of the tower. Waiting for the right moment to strike~
well it's just a guess that he is using Baam to find Enryu, there could be way more to it. Maybe Headon is planning to use him against the Walhaiksong, who are a group opposing King Zahard.

Interesting. Science here, huh. :XD
His name is very strange, like what you have for princes or princesses from a kingdom or something. Does it mean that he could've been related to who created or owned the tower, or to Zahard? :P
yeah I wonder about that too. Why does he even know his full name? IIRC correctly he has no memory of why and how he got into this dark place. Not sure if he knew his name from the beginning but it looks like it, I doubt Rachel would give him the name Twenty-Fifth Baam XD that means he still has the memories inside him, somewhere deep down.

I don't like the idea of Science so, I hope he is a being composed of flesh and bones, nothing scientific :/

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Science? No, Alchemy.

Host Samurai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It would be cool if Headon created Akryung, but that statue has a horn so it isn't Akryung... And that thing looks feline, like a panther doesn't?
Well, we haven't seen his whole face due to him either covering his face or his hood. The possibility is still there that it might be him, after all.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
love lahel^^
She is a great character.
It's strange how this is one of the few manga/manhwa in which i love the maincharacter and ironically i also love the person trying to kill him.

Lahel will be our hero for the next few chapters i think, and this is good.

we had the 'underdog with the heart at the right side' SO often, why don't we try s th new?
Now we have the rather weak bitch which still gets the job done by betrayal and cheating somehow.
Isn't that somthing?

Plus, we don't know Lahel's drive yet, she is one of the biggest mystery's in the tower.
For all we know, Lahel could be phantaminun and baam could be some boy in which phantaminun's power are sealed into, and that's why lahel said he stole everything.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@ Shionoro - nice threory! I've been thinking that Baam was somoneone-else in the past. Rachel could be as well. Hopefully we'll find out more in the upcoming chapters and more of the mystery will be solved. I for one would like to find out why Baam was in the that sealed cave or whatever you call it and how Rachel managed to get there.

For the last line in which she says Baam stole everything from here. I assume she meant that Baam was given the chance to climb the tower instead of her, thus he stole everything from her (her dream). Then there was also that panel where Baam was seen to be with all the friends while Rachel was looking from the back appearing to be lonesome.

Tiranofrome

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
hmm you think so? As I got it the Guardians barely interfere and they don't observe their floors most of the time. IIRC correctly Evankhell didn't get to know Baam before he appeared before him, would need to check though :/ not sure what the Guardians think but I don't believe that that he is involved in any way (and that Headon/Hansung didn't do a thing to/with him).
confusing guardian with floor managers here , Evankhell still doesnt know who baam is (hell even we dont know who Evankhell is or how he looks like , all we know is he is huge compared to lero-ro)

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
confusing guardian with floor managers here , Evankhell still doesnt know who baam is (hell even we dont know who Evankhell is or how he looks like , all we know is he is huge compared to lero-ro)
the floor manager should be Yu Hansung, the "Submerged Fish Hunt" test was directly from the Guardian, whom Baam needed to ask to get the test granted. The rules clearly said that you need to ask the Guardian directly. I don't hope the translation was off there.

I'm talking about this guy:

but it seems you are right, the Ruler (Evankhell) didn't show up yet. Kinda confussing with all these titles :s

Last edited:

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
With Evankhell being that huge we just got glimpses of him... When Lero said everyone passed the test because Baam negociated that with the guardian we saw again Baam talking to Evankhell...

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
To sum up what we know so far:

Headon does not want Baam to die.
I he wanted that, he would have done it.
We cannot be sure about yu han sung, but since hwa ryun obviously works with/for headon and she didn't go for Baam and even now will go meet him we know headon rather intends to use both Baam and Lahel.

I find the theory plausible that he uses Baam to search for Enryu, but we do ont know that for sure.

I assume headon awaited Baam and thus got angry when Lahel arrived instead of him.
But possibly, he was even aware of Lahel's arrival and just acted as if he wasn't to control her more easily.

He prepared a test which Baam could not solve alone to give him Yuri supporting power.

There is a wek point in that 'all planned out theory' though.
Baam is rather weak compared to the other regulars, so you'd assume that wielding black march strong people would go for him.
Baam was also lucky to find friends in koon and rak, without koon he would have died in the first game of floor 2 against that monster probably).
and it is not possible to plan that.

I wouldn't put it past headon to be a good opputurnist, so he was able to make use of lahel and baam when they arrived though he didnt necessrily know it beforehand.
Possibly the ball would've popped without problems if yuri hadn't given him black march, but headon just wanted to seize the oppurtunity to see what would happen.

Same with Lahel, he possibly didn't exspect her but made use of her to control Baam more easily once the chance was there

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
With Evankhell being that huge we just got glimpses of him... When Lero said everyone passed the test because Baam negociated that with the guardian we saw again Baam talking to Evankhell...
I'm not sure if that's really Evankhell, I editet my post because of a comment from Grumpy (the one who translates the series):

Guardian is simply not the terminology that I used.

While "manager" sounds rather lame... the korean word used for it really means manager... So... I just used it.

The ruler of the floor is someone like Evankhell for 2nd level.
He said that to someone who asked if manager = guardian.

Evankhell isn't the manager/guardian though, it's the Ruler. IIRC someone said that Evankhell isn't at the floor right now too.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Evan Edrok said that to Yuri.... But we only know Guardian and managers right? Probably ruler is the same thing.... It was last chapter that showed Baam talk to him right?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
For all we know, Lahel could be phantaminun and baam could be some boy in which phantaminun's power are sealed into, and that's why lahel said he stole everything.
Whoa, bold guess, but I like it. :XD It makes sense in certain ways since Baam seems to be able to fight quite well, even when he tried to control Shinsoo and learned to become a Wave Controller. Or perhaps he just had that talent, inherited it from someone, the previous king of the tower, or the creator of the tower itself. *shrugs* :P

Baam is rather weak compared to the other regulars, so you'd assume that wielding black march strong people would go for him.
Baam was also lucky to find friends in koon and rak, without koon he would have died in the first game of floor 2 against that monster probably).
and it is not possible to plan that.

I wouldn't put it past headon to be a good opputurnist, so he was able to make use of lahel and baam when they arrived though he didnt necessrily know it beforehand.
Possibly the ball would've popped without problems if yuri hadn't given him black march, but headon just wanted to seize the oppurtunity to see what would happen.

Same with Lahel, he possibly didn't exspect her but made use of her to control Baam more easily once the chance was there
I think Yuri is at least a wild card here. I can't really think yet if the princesses are in part of this scheme; at least Yuri didn't seem that way. :p And so are the friends and enemies Baam made along the way. Lahel could also be a wild card, unless she completely lied from the very beginning she acted kind towards him. I'd like to believe that at a moment all of those were true; she did like Baam but has certain reasons for doing such a cruel thing to him. ^^;

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@naruto-niichan
You were right! Baam took the test directely from the guardian, that giant monster thing. The ruler of floors are always high rankers, and Evankhell is one, he wasn't in the floor and left the control of it with the manager...

Evan said they were lucky Evankhell was not there, I went to check and Evankhell is ranked 60th!!!! Yuri, being 500th, was just that bold because that guy wasn't there. XD

I'll creat a thread about "floors, guardians and rulers" later...

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
On another note I completely forgot that Yu Hansung flat out told Baam that she planned everything from the start :facepalm

See here:

even though I guess she was lying even there, otherwise Rachel wouldn't be able to walk <___< the author wrote that Hansung will play a core role to the things happening from now on what exactly she has in mind.

@naruto-niichan
You were right! Baam took the test directely from the guardian, that giant monster thing. The ruler of floors are always high rankers, and Evankhell is one, he wasn't in the floor and left the control of it with the manager...

Evan said they were lucky Evankhell was not there, I went to check and Evankhell is ranked 60th!!!! Yuri, being 500th, was just that bold because that guy wasn't there. XD

I'll creat a thread about "floors, guardians and rulers" later...
yeah, the Guardians are the beings that existed even before King Zahard conquered the tower. Rulers (in this case Evankhell) are beings selected by King Zahard to rule over the floor. I guess you can forcefully become the Ruler too, if you have the power.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
that was some sinister chapter. the author is doing well in wrapping up almost every bit of mystery in the floors we encountered so far in the epilogue.
guess we'll see Baam next chap :XD, i wonder Y headon wanted Baam to be impeeded in his climb nd use none other than rachel.
Headon wants something out of the irregulars think he wants to manipulate their hate or bring out the true power that they hold for some reason.
i wonder what kind of information is fed to Baam this time. nd what his reaction to the context he faced is
if Baam wants to climb the tower i think this is killing 2 birds in one stone
1 is making rachel the heroine of the story and removing an irregular from teh group of potential rankers thus cutting the connections he might have with them
nd second baam facing with this kind of situation will no doubt be more hash and thus be inclined to be stronger.
i think the guardians esp headon or zahard or may be mazino himself has some plan with a new irregular ranker
nd wants him to do this as fast as possible
only way to do this is make him brazen and cold
good ppl are too worried abt rest nd powers up late