Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 78 Discussion/79 Predictions | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 78 Discussion/79 Predictions

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I honestly don't know if Rachel is an irregular. I mean...Baam IS an irregular, yet He was chosen by the Tower? Then Rachel was not chosen by the Tower and She entered anyway. I'm still confused about this.

The options are simple, anyway:
1) One if an irregular and the other is not: Which will bring us to wonder why one is and the other is not.
If Baam is the regular then we should wonder how He forced the door and how the fuck He's so talented with Shinsoo. If Rachel is the regular then we should wonder why Headon lied.
2) Both are irregulars: Which could be the case, but that bring us the question why Rachel is an irregular and how She "forced" the door.
3) Both are regulars: Which is impossible as stated by Yuri.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As far as i know:

An irregular is a person who opens the door to the tower by himself, while regulars are chosen.
I could imagine that in that respect, only baam is irregular because he did open the door by himself, but we do not know for sure whether baam was chosen or not.

But i believe he is, since yuri believes he is.

Lahel did NOT open the door by hersel, elseways headon would not mock her.

But Rache was not chosen, either, rachel, consequently, is neither irregular nor regular.
We could either enlarge the definition of irregular or add a third definition of persons in the tower.

OH and Btw (Edit), Siu will not pause for long after sudnay, it will be 3 weeks max

Last edited:

Sunny-Go

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
2. Rachel is without a doubt an Irregular, because Headon clearly said she wasn't chosen. So far we only heard about Irregulars who forced their way into the tower but Rachel only got in thanks to Baam, maybe that's why it's a bit confusing. It is clearly stated that Regulars are chosen by Headon though, which is not the case with Rachel.
I wont believe that until the writer says so.
In my opionion Rachel is neither an Irregular nor even a regular.

She's was ported there to make Baam come through the Door as irregular. Simple Bait.

She might have been ported like a choosen regular ( no reason to think shes a irregular at all ), but what was she doing at a test location that was clearly not meant for her ?

Doesnt make any sense to me at all, cept if she were a bait for Baam.
Someone in the shadows pulling the strings and he clearly couldn't risk, or wasnt able to port Baam inside the Tower directly. Thats why he / they used Rachel.

Even if she's got there only because Baam held her during that moment, that wouldnt make her an irregular either. It would just mean she's not where she's supposed to be.
In that case Baam is a regular with the strenght to open the Door ( irregular ). Probably the 1st of that kind.

I will stick to the Bait theory by like 70/30, cause Headon's and the Directors actions make much more sense that way.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i think so too.

It's possible baam was chosen, but lahel went through the opened door, then baam opened the door himself.

That's make lahel some kind of regular who took the place of another regular and would make baam a regular who opened the door himself.

I think the definitions do not help anyone here, let's just keep the facts:

Lahel is not supposed to be in the tower, she was not chosen nor opened the door herself.

Bam was supposed to be in the tower, but obviously DID open the door himself

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
After rereading these past few chapters it looks like a previous prediction of mine was deadwrong (Lahel betraying Baam being a last-minute thing), though I was spot-on with my suggestion that Lahel's motivations were (in)directly fueled by her fear and jealously of Baam.

I'm not sure why but I feel unusually excited for Part II, though I'll end up screaming "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!" if Lahel is the focus for Part II. Lahel isn't exactly the type of character you'd want for a main lead in any type of fictional work. This is the one development for Part II I am not looking forward to.

Other than I feel the need to reread everything in one go.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmm, i think lahel could work as a mainlead, since there'll still be lesoo, koon and all the others.
I totally believe in SIU. Dude knows how to make stuff intersting

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lahel is exactly the kind of character that works well to lead a second half. Her motivations are unclear currently, but I prefer to see her while Baam gets stronger off-screen.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I need NOW someone translating that. THAT RING.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, i think lahel could work as a mainlead, since there'll still be lesoo, koon and all the others.
I totally believe in SIU. Dude knows how to make stuff intersting
Lahel is not ideal material for several reasons. I'll be short though and just stick to the main reason: The stunt she just pulled off a couple of chapters ago. Lahel is something akin to a mother-figure to Baam and the stunt she pulled off would be like a mother drowning her own child.

How can the audience view Lahel with interest outside of the moment that will define her character for the rest of the series? Kind of hard to develop an interest in a character when the audience will chiefly react with disgust towards said character.

Lahel is exactly the kind of character that works well to lead a second half. Her motivations are unclear currently, but I prefer to see her while Baam gets stronger off-screen.
It'd be better that Lahel remains a character of secondary importance. More important events are going on in the background of the Tower and the author will only be regurgitating material showing the "Adventures of Lahel and Friends". Baam's character can go in any number of directions with these recent developments. More importantly, he'll have to take an alternative route to the top to ensure people he is "dead". That is far more interesting than seeing Lahel sitting on the sidelines, which is what assuredly will happen for most, if not all, of Part II.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see her in the main character light either but I wonder now if the "main character" returning talk that SIU was talking about was this move? Meaning Lahel. If the story focuses on Lahel I think it will loose its appeal, however it all depends on how the story is written from here and how Baam fits in. Ah I should have wrote Rachel.... :xp

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Lahel wont be the Main, her character aint that cut out to be so. i think we ll see some flashes of the company to remind us of the great characters like Koon rak lesso and others there. I suppose they will act as a good comparsion with Baams achievemtns since now both the grp are aiming to reach the top. i wonder who the forgotten main is. It may very well be Baam since we only saw him for 3 pannels or so in the last issue. even for the whole setup nd necessity for Baams disappearance in the epilogue 3 pannel is a bit tooo frugal. It might also be zahard family heir, given that there is sth thats tieing Baam and the family for them to impeed/stop baam from climbing i suppose thats a possibility :).

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
This is the first time i'm posting on this thread so hi everyone :)
I just finished reading TOG and i must say i'm loving it :wtf . It's really a nice and unique manhwa that captured me right from the start. And yeah i love the art , from the start i knew i would love it 'cause the art resembles very much with Noblesse :D.

Now about the chapter , i'm glad Baam is alive( well not that him dying would have been possible:)) .I'm glad that that biatch Lahel finally showed her true colors . I just knew it there is something fishy about her , damn it just pisses me off thinking that she manged to fool everyone and now they are helping her climb the tower(Koon i expected something from you man since you're my fav character and you're smart). How can such trash be so damn lucky . Forget Baam , he also has luck but this stupid girl has more luck than him :blink . I guess she is ugly not only on the surface but on the inside as well. :chair
Silly Bam, but well i can't blame him since she was the only light in his life *sigh*. I just hope Bamm won't forgive her in the end ;) knowing him he's that type of guy.
Btw :thumbs way to go Lero-ro you're my fav ranker.I'm glad he resigned from that stupid director. Can't wait to see what happens next .
P.s
I hope Lahel will die a slow and painful death :teehee

Oh and from today onwards i'm an official fan of TOG :confetti
Btw does anyone know when will the next chapter come out?

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Welcome to ToG, matzik! :party

Well, Lahel wouldn't die that easy, I think. As those important people had showed before, she seems to play a certain role in this tower and story, and especially related to Baam, so we would see her a lot up high.

Next chapter would be out on January 30th, several days after that date for the scanlated chapter. ;)

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
:darn That's many days from now . Ah but i guess it's 'cause it's the start of the 2nd part of the story. *bearing with it for now*
Actually what i'm curious is to see what choice will Baam make : to appear in front of everyone after some time when his wounds have recovered thus Lahel 'cause of the shock of seeing him alive will unmask herself as the real culprit saying things like why isn't he dead or something like that or he will ascend the tower with the help of the 77th floor.
I would like some way or another to see Baam back with his teammates 'cause i totally love Koon and Gator ( he was so cute when he was small , why did he recovered to the original form :darn). :D
Hmm but it's totally strange that Koon didn't figure that something was off when only Lahel returned , i mean yeah she played a little theater by fainting at the news Baam died but after that she didn't showed any kind of expression and just simply accepted Bam's sacrifice and moved on. :-_- . That should have alarmed Koon right.
*sigh* It really pisses me off that plain woman and when that red haired guide asked her how she felt after taking this path she even had the nerve to say s**t like "she was a little tired". I mean hello i don't remember her doing a damn thing since she got into the tower she just passed 'cause of that guy assigned to her by Headon.
Oh and yeah what is in Headon's mind , why did he lie to Baam telling him he was an irregular when in fact he was the one chosen by the tower and why is he helping Lahel ?

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well I must say that this ending was really unexpected...I found it a bit lacking throughout the whole series, that there was no hint towards an overarching plot, it was more like...adventures of climbing the tower...but from the moment Yuri entered the final test area, things have begun to change rapidly...

And I must say I'm very interested in what will Baam do, and how will his separate route turn out...with that I'm really interested in Rahel as well...

This final chapter...well I luvd it because of Ro quitting and the guide recovering Baam...I was expecting that the guardian would take up Baam for some reason, but it seems that the guardians are indeed more passive...but I hated it, because it ended, so can someone tell me what is the release schedule of this manhwa?

menino

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
next chapter is out in 2 weeks.
normally 1 chapter for week.

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
@benelori: Since you're from Europe you can expect the next chapter to be released on the 29th January around 17.00 O'clock. :D

Still no translation avaiable for the teaser chapter?? And I thought that it would already be up. :(

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@matzik1212

I was away for some time, but welcome to ToG forum! You started reading in a good time, right when the first part ended, you should have seen how everyone was clueless when Rachel pushed Baam! XD