Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 82 Discussion/83 Predictions | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 82 Discussion/83 Predictions

kakashi65

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
also did anyone notice in the prewievs chapter the picture of androssi in one of the magazines, i want to know whats the articel is about

LoS

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
It is probably just an article "tracking" the progress of the next prominent Princess as she traverses her way up the tower.

In all likelihood she is already past the 20th floor and moving up.

kakashi65

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
don´t know why, but i can´t imagine lahels group much further than baam
i think he´s very close to them don´t know if one level higher or down, but veeeery close

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
What is her "group"? Just that huge red guy is the only one committed to her. The rest who passed the 2F test can all go their separate ways on the 20th floor test right?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What is her "group"? Just that huge red guy is the only one committed to her. The rest who passed the 2F test can all go their separate ways on the 20th floor test right?
Her group are all the people who advanced to the next floor in part 1. If one thing is for sure,it's that Koon is definitely with her as he promised to bring her to the top instead of Baam.

Everyone else could have seperated from her but it seems likely that some still stick around.

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
And why would they happen to meet up again? That is just too much of a forceful coincidence. Sure the author wants to include all those characters he gave screen time in the first part, but it isn't very good for the plot. He can now spend time developing the prince, other new characters and give them exposition, while still hearing about the exploits of the group members from the first part.

sage6paths

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I dont know if anyone has realised the math on this, since bam learnt in 2 weeks what took the genius shinsoo user "ren" to learn in 2 years... if its been 5 years that means bam should of learnt what it would of taken a genius 250 years to learn... and i dont know how long people live for in TOG... but 250 years is 250 years no matter how u look at it

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
And why would they happen to meet up again? That is just too much of a forceful coincidence. Sure the author wants to include all those characters he gave screen time in the first part, but it isn't very good for the plot. He can now spend time developing the prince, other new characters and give them exposition, while still hearing about the exploits of the group members from the first part.
We don't really know for sure who Rachel traveled with~ We could only guess from what we saw previously. Koon likes Baam more or less, thus he felt that he should be the one to continue Baam's wish to bring Rachel to the top. I think Rak would come with them too, given how much he 'liked' his 'preys'. As for the other members, nothing can be sure of. They seemed to be touched a bit to my eyes after what happened to Baam which guaranteed their 'graduation' of the level.

They could separate or stay together. If they did split, they could meet again, of course. Just thought it would be fun if they stick together. Either way it would still be interesting to see, in my opinion, if they stood as enemies on future floors after what they had been through together before. ^^

I dont know if anyone has realised the math on this, since bam learnt in 2 weeks what took the genius shinsoo user "ren" to learn in 2 years... if its been 5 years that means bam should of learnt what it would of taken a genius 250 years to learn... and i dont know how long people live for in TOG... but 250 years is 250 years no matter how u look at it
LOL~ That is an interesting theory, sage6paths. That should explain how Baam could be so strong.. and different. Given his motivation to once again climbed the tower... I wouldn't doubt that. I just couldn't imagine how he would turn to be, and that scared me a bit since I like the old Baam even though he was very pure. :P

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Well, here is the thing. What we have seen thus far from Baam is that he is like a sponge, he easily soaks up Shinsoo manipulation and techniques he has seen performed and been taught. Will he have progressed on his own, or will he have needed someone of high rank teach him more advanced techniques? We currently don't know how big of a piece he is to this puzzle and whether or not someone would provide him the luxury in an instructor, nor do we know who all has accompanied him these past 5 years.

The time we saw him use Shinsoo without prior teaching was when the Shinsoo acted on it's own, nearly following Baam's will but it wasn't a conscious decision/manipulation from Baam.

sage6paths

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Even if he didnt have someone high ranking to teach him. he could of just learned how to create more rooms for 5/250yrs of training... which means he should be able to create alot of rooms... basically meaning he could freeze half a floor........

Host Samurai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I know what you mean. I think in all of this 5 years while he was in hiding, he was also learning and perfectioning his skills. And most importantly he was most likely travelling alone that's something that might have a deep impact on Baam psyche after all.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, here is the thing. What we have seen thus far from Baam is that he is like a sponge, he easily soaks up Shinsoo manipulation and techniques he has seen performed and been taught. Will he have progressed on his own, or will he have needed someone of high rank teach him more advanced techniques? We currently don't know how big of a piece he is to this puzzle and whether or not someone would provide him the luxury in an instructor, nor do we know who all has accompanied him these past 5 years.

The time we saw him use Shinsoo without prior teaching was when the Shinsoo acted on it's own, nearly following Baam's will but it wasn't a conscious decision/manipulation from Baam.
Ah, about the Shinsoo... I wonder about that myself. Shinsoo is a thing hard to manipulate, even though Baam is like a sponge as you said. At some points I thought Han Sung and that-first-floor-guardian-whose-name-I-forget-suddenly supported him for their own goals. Maybe they would help him... but beside the guide, we don't know much either.

Or maybe he is that motivated enough to study things on his own during all those years. Who knows. :p

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really worried now.

I need Baam to not be a ruthless character. He can look scary. He can act scary. He can even be jaded. But in order for me to get full enjoyment out of this story I need Baam to be selfless in a world where everybody else isn't.

Please don't let him have turned into a hardhearted vengeful douche.

menino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
he could not remain the same fool that he was in the beginning of the journey. remember he was betrayed by the only person he really cared. it would destroy anyone. im not believe that he became a bad person, but I hope he has lost his innocence. maybe this saga with the prince is a way to catch the old baam.

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Baam will have taken to heart Androssi's words, that in order to prevail you must focus on self preservation and put your efforts into ensuring you continue to move on up the tower yourself. You don't need unnecessary hindrances and partnerships which keep you back. That said, I feel Baam will still be swayed by the Prince. Those two along with which ever characters in this group move on with Baam will form some emotional connection with Baam. He isn't going to be a completely heartless, and cold machine like bastard like the terminator or anything. There will still be instances in time where some action evokes a particular emotion within himself which shocks his system and probably brings him back to his core values.

I seriously doubt he will be heartless, he will be emo to a certain extent. It is just that the Prince and others will have most of the dialogue which will make Baam seem reserved and introverted.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
he could not remain the same fool that he was in the beginning of the journey. remember he was betrayed by the only person he really cared. it would destroy anyone. im not believe that he became a bad person, but I hope he has lost his innocence. maybe this saga with the prince is a way to catch the old baam.
Oh I'm well aware that he was literally betrayed by the most important person to him in the world but I don't think vengeance or anger would suit him.

Take the a character who suffered a similar betrayal, Koinzell from Ubel Blatt...
He was once a kind and naive hero named Ashcrit, a young orphan whose talent allowed him to rise to become the greatest swordsman in the land. Due to his skill he joined a group of 14 heroes assigned a dangerous mission during a time of war. 4 would die along the way, 7 became afraid and turned back, and 4 went on and completed the mission but when the 4 returned the 7 ambushed and murdered them to hide their own cowardice and returned claiming they had performed the mission that the 4 had tried to betray them.

But Ashcrit, through a course of events, did not die and twenty years later he returns to the lands to mettle out justice to the 7 betrayers. Which is what the story is about.

But the important thing to note is that the best part of his character is that it isn't colored with anger or hate. It's sadness. And gentle nature has not changed. Even as he is labeled a "villain" for trying to kill "heroes" he helps those he can as he travels because that is who he is, and nothing can ever change that.

And that's what I'm hoping to see from Baam. Lahel betrayed him and if he has decided he wants to settle up with her I can't blame him but that's between him and her, how he deals with the world shouldn't be too colored by that, and I hope it won't be.

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
any idea when the scannalated chap s gonna come out?
i am dying to get into conversation ...

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
any idea when the scannalated chap s gonna come out?
To somewhat whet your appetite, here is a translation of the chapter, excluding the end which has been translated already.

20F
title: last chance

shit...
who the hell is he?

did he take out all three of them?
is... is he someone extremely strong?

shit...(something like really shit...)
I am going to end up being a skeleton if I fail here.!!

skeleton
skeleton
skeleton

Anything But That!!
hey.. you-
arent you amazing? taking out all three of them...

even if you took these guys out
do you think you could do the same with the next participant?

hmm. probably impossible.

instead of being stupid
why not join forces?

take the bait!!!
Please!!!

it really doesnt matter how many participant is on the stage after 30 minutes.
lets team up together and take out the next guy who shows up

!!
did... did i convince him? (on the translation he sad did he pass?)

it's little awkward but...
where are you from? (he's asking like the specific area)
is it somewhere famous?
your... your name?
There is nothing I can do.

3 Minutes later

Good.
its about time the next participant to show up.
we can end early if we both attack the moment the it comes out

its here!

we attack when I say 1, 2 ,3
got it?

let go-
1!
2-!

3!!!
Attack....!!!

ugh.....

Let me propose on something

what.....
what is this......

shit..
this is getting weird... (the translation is like the situation is going/turning "into" weird)
The next trial is going to be harder/difficult if the number of participant gets larger..!

Have to take out the next person to show up..!
Have to take it out, for sure!!

Its here!!

Good!
Lets team up friends!
Let beat the crap out of him!

Lets go!!
I am goiing to rip its...!(techncally he said something different but..)

ah..
How do you do?

I am really going crazy!!
It cheating to have such look!! How can I even hit her!!

Please wear something aggressive if you are going to fight!!
This is so wrong... I am going to go crazy...

please let me be more colder/aggressive.
Its the end if I fail here!!
I don't have the time to share sympathy around!!

!!
Its the next participant!

Good.
she's not wearing any feminine clothing even if she's a girl

you better regret not wearing any feminine clothing!

Lets go!!
we are going to team up this time...!
Big Sis!!

sis?

(the little girl called her troubled sis)
did you come to take the test today?
(the older girl called her like small girl?)
Ah, shorty! you also came for the test!

this is great.
I am so glad to meet up with people i am familiar with from the beginning.
i know right.

what the?
who is this?
everyone look so nice here.
What is this?

I am going to go crazy!!
Really!!

Just what is this Atmosphere?
did you all come here to play?

Let us not do ths. Please..
I am someone who have a life on a line!!

This is my last chance for god sake!!!

Dammit!!
I can't overlook anylonger!

Just what is everyone doing?
You cant call this test!!
Why is nobody thinking about fighting and playing around?!

Aren't we all against each other!?

why are you sprouting non-sense after your the one who propose not to fight?
I did!!! However!!

It was so that we can combine our strength to take out the next participant easier!!
Who said anything about having a lively conversation here!! you (bear ass?)!!

well... this test is simple just surviving for 30 minutes...
We don't really have to fight each other. we can all pass together..
Dont joke around!! a kid who can't even understand the situation here!!

You better get out now if are planning to play around here!! Its a test zone here!! We are all against each other!!

unfortunately it ends just before the Silver haired guy walks in, but his lines, the princes and then Baam's lines have all already been translated in the summaries.

Last edited:

menino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oh I'm well aware that he was literally betrayed by the most important person to him in the world but I don't think vengeance or anger would suit him.

Take the a character who suffered a similar betrayal, Koinzell from Ubel Blatt...
He was once a kind and naive hero named Ashcrit, a young orphan whose talent allowed him to rise to become the greatest swordsman in the land. Due to his skill he joined a group of 14 heroes assigned a dangerous mission during a time of war. 4 would die along the way, 7 became afraid and turned back, and 4 went on and completed the mission but when the 4 returned the 7 ambushed and murdered them to hide their own cowardice and returned claiming they had performed the mission that the 4 had tried to betray them.

But Ashcrit, through a course of events, did not die and twenty years later he returns to the lands to mettle out justice to the 7 betrayers. Which is what the story is about.

But the important thing to note is that the best part of his character is that it isn't colored with anger or hate. It's sadness. And gentle nature has not changed. Even as he is labeled a "villain" for trying to kill "heroes" he helps those he can as he travels because that is who he is, and nothing can ever change that.

And that's what I'm hoping to see from Baam. Lahel betrayed him and if he has decided he wants to settle up with her I can't blame him but that's between him and her, how he deals with the world shouldn't be too colored by that, and I hope it won't be.
I completely agree with you.
ubel blatt is a good example, but remember he's trying to kill his former friends and i dont think baam is gonna do the same thing, but he is gonna help the prince.
The company is late the last days... normally the scans come out tuesday ;~

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
so i suppose the guy is Baam after all eh?
i dont think that fact has been revealed yet, SIU is trolling with us as usual :tem;
Maan i was holding myself from reading the raw but as Host said too hard to restrain when the raw is out and predictions are flying.
incidentally i think the burly guy with a single wing and the girl without glasses were shown b4 right?
i have a bad memory when it comes to these things. Can any one clarify whether they are new or old?
@Los thanks man, nd late welcome to the tower :p---dis is headon.Jr speaking:xp

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

To be honest just kinda feel scared and strange if that really is Baam and that he had changed so much. *sighs*
considering 5 yrs time gap with a horrid inception of betrayal, a polite threatening fiigure is relatively minor change to be honest
as for whether the guy is Baam or not, i myself am keeping my fingers crossed but am not sure, think that feeling is mutual with the rest of the TOG fanbase round the globe

Last edited: