Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 82 Discussion/83 Predictions | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 82 Discussion/83 Predictions

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
They were just shown during the season 2 preview before the pause. So they are new characters.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Baam will turn up good in the end i have a feeling :) I mean it would be really sad if he changed so much in those 5y just 'cause of one ungrateful bitach :darn .
I would like if he forms a team with those presented in this chapter and together they will climb the tower. He must be surrounded by people like the prince for example , people who are funny and are a little crazy , that way he will start to be a little like he used to , of course without forgetting his revenge against Rachel

sage6paths

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Baam will turn up good in the end i have a feeling :) I mean it would be really sad if he changed so much in those 5y just 'cause of one ungrateful bitach :darn .
I would like if he forms a team with those presented in this chapter and together they will climb the tower. He must be surrounded by people like the prince for example , people who are funny and are a little crazy , that way he will start to be a little like he used to , of course without forgetting his revenge against Rachel
I think whether bam forms a team will depend on how strong he is, if he is really strong hes not gonna be thrown in to climb a group of weaklings. I wonder what kinda super ability the prince will randomlu have??? this is a shonen after all

menino

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
the company is late again ;~~
the new chapter[raw] is about to come out and yet no Edited Manga for the last chapter ;~

mup

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
the company is late again ;~~
the new chapter[raw] is about to come out and yet no Edited Manga for the last chapter ;~
dont worry it well come out when it done have patience but usually it comes out on saturday:^_^
i have a prediction the administrator will show up befor undercover Baam start a fight

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm thinkin' this is not what it looks like.

Maybe those guys attacked Baam and he greased them in self defense then he told this new group he was going to eliminate them because he knows whatever comes next is going to be too tough for them and that they would all die.

I know it seems a little far fetched but I'm grasping at straws here.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

i d k
I kind a like this baam (if he is baam) i mean he is polite seems like he doesnt seek out battles but fight seriously when he is attacked, only difference is he wasnt so lethal when he fought back then.
He is in level 20 he must have been tempered to a reasonable degree now.
I mean he is not a war mongerer psychopath like kenpachi, nor does he fight with hatred. He is just a deadly guy to fight against.
If you see it that way i doubt he is different from any decent main character.
Yes he is not a saint like goku or naruto or ichigo but being a saint is really annoying
I like him this way

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem I have with it is that a focal point of the story was that those who climb the tower lose a part of themselves as they go. Everybody looks out for their own interests first. In just being kind he was breaking the rules by being that way and inspires that in others. So Baam if were to lose to that he would also lose much of what makes him unique. He would end up being just another climber.

Him being strong is no big deal. There are tons of strong people but we've seen the effect a selfless person like Baam can have on people like Androssi and Yuri. He spread his selflessness to others wherever he went and I think it's that's what's really most dangerous about him.

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
The chapter is out, check out your favorite reader sites, too lazy to link.

@Jammin

he's already lost part of himself. He's no longer a staunch advocate of betrayal. His entire set of beliefs were shattered by the one who taught him those ideals, he now must form a new set to go on with life on his own. Baam is nearly a blank slate, now he can actually learn what he should be conscience of and live forming anew his own set of rules as he progresses.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
chap s out but i dun see it in the reader site apart from batoto

murtas

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
SIU is amazing from turning a introducing chapter into such cliffhanger. SICK!

Cant really wait for baam next move. :p

Reactions: mup

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Maybe those guys attacked Baam and he greased them in self defense then he told this new group he was going to eliminate them because he knows whatever comes next is going to be too tough for them and that they would all die.
Now that is rather.. strange. ^^; Baam didn't seem to be that type, although now he had changed and we didn't have any idea of new Baam yet... Still I would believe it more that he would probably truly eliminate them all if that is what he has to do to get to where Rachel is. He is that determined, yes. :s

i d k
I kind a like this baam (if he is baam) i mean he is polite seems like he doesnt seek out battles but fight seriously when he is attacked, only difference is he wasnt so lethal when he fought back then.
He is in level 20 he must have been tempered to a reasonable degree now.
I mean he is not a war mongerer psychopath like kenpachi, nor does he fight with hatred. He is just a deadly guy to fight against.
If you see it that way i doubt he is different from any decent main character.
Yes he is not a saint like goku or naruto or ichigo but being a saint is really annoying
I like him this way
I agree with this. His purpose stay true, which is to find Rachel. To reach that he might not hesitate to do anything, given how Rachel treated her, maybe... So maybe there is a tint of hatred and hurt of being betrayed portrayed in how he fights or interacts with people from now on. He is always a deadly guy to fight against, anyway. :P

The problem I have with it is that a focal point of the story was that those who climb the tower lose a part of themselves as they go. Everybody looks out for their own interests first. In just being kind he was breaking the rules by being that way and inspires that in others. So Baam if were to lose to that he would also lose much of what makes him unique. He would end up being just another climber.

Him being strong is no big deal. There are tons of strong people but we've seen the effect a selfless person like Baam can have on people like Androssi and Yuri. He spread his selflessness to others wherever he went and I think it's that's what's really most dangerous about him.
That was because he didn't know what the Tower really is, climbing it solely for Rachel's sake. Now that he had learned few things (I also believe that the guide who went with him would have explained several things more about the Tower, in addition to the training within this 5 years), I think he might just try to hide that kind part of him, but that he wouldn't be able to hold that mask for long. He is that pure. <3

he's already lost part of himself. He's no longer a staunch advocate of betrayal. His entire set of beliefs were shattered by the one who taught him those ideals, he now must form a new set to go on with life on his own. Baam is nearly a blank slate, now he can actually learn what he should be conscience of and live forming anew his own set of rules as he progresses.
I also agree with this. This part of him would be the dominant one in few chapters ahead, but I still believe in his kindness as well, especially as he interacts with other climbers and meet old friends. ^^

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I guess everything will lay upon the 10th candidate who has yet to appear. I'm curious to see how arranged is this test wrt the masterminds plots.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Glad the chapter's finally out. Hmm i don't know what to think about Baam , is he really gonna eliminate all the other regulars ?
I'm starting to think that maybe he didn't meant what he said , yeah that has to be it 'cause i can't accept him turning into a merciless guy. I mean sorry but i think it's stupid to start hate everyone around you 'cause of one stupid woman

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
to be honest the focal point of the story was going after a girl, now Baam being overly selfless was his character showing out. As one grows views and ideals change. Say in other shonen like naruto we have seen a big gap but the guys the same as ever, that is soothing in the sense that he is not changed to a pain in the ass but where is the element of maturity and learning from the mistakes and tight spots of life?
Baam knew no one apart from rachel, now just to ensure her climbing up she sacrificed Baam. Baam before was pretty naive and as the series progressed he had a fair share of increase in maturity its a 5 yrs gap with a tough instance not just emotionally but it also damaged him up pretty much(he was covered with blood).

If you remember when he addressed Hansung after he came out of the meeting with the guardian he said sth like: if what you claim is up there isnt there you guys better prepare those up there b4 we reach the place.
he always had a chaotic nuance inside of him, it was just his naiveness and selflessness playing the part because he didnt know better about how greed can corrupt ppl
now that he knows i am sure we ll see an awesome character with a tincture of his old self coupled with his new improvements of the character

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Glad the chapter's finally out. Hmm i don't know what to think about Baam , is he really gonna eliminate all the other regulars ?
I'm starting to think that maybe he didn't meant what he said , yeah that has to be it 'cause i can't accept him turning into a merciless guy. I mean sorry but i think it's stupid to start hate everyone around you 'cause of one stupid woman
:D she was his universe you know, nd she aint stupid she is pragmatic and cold hearted
i feel the meaning is more like i dont need to vote as i can defeat all of you on my own,

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What Baam said in chapter 58 was this

"If Lahal isn't up there then everything there is nothing more than a pile of garbage. No matter what's up there that won't change. You told me I'm strange but to me you're a person that can't find a single thing that's precious in that huge pile of garbage. I don't care what others say, I will climb the tower and if all of you aren't a bunch of lairs, you'd better prepare what I want up there."

That does not seem to be a naive statement to me, or in any way chaotic On the contrary it's the statement of someone who isn't blinded by promises of wealth or power. That's what makes him so irregular, he sees with eyes unclouded(to quote Princess Mononoke).

I don't know what his reason is for climbing the tower is now, and it doesn't really matter, but if he allows his vision to be clouded by his experience with Lahel, and stops seeing and caring about the suffering of those around him, he would be no better than everybody else. That would make him vastly less interesting to me because at that point he would be just another climber.

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
"there is no need to vote. It's because you will all fall by my hand"

AMEN ... Now if that hand can reach Lahel & woop the floor with her

mup

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think the focal point of the story right now is to discover Baam location to the rest of the tower and that Baam not dead buy introducing the prince the new lead character zahard going to be mad when he find out that Baam alive and kicking

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
hey is baam ahead of the grp or behind?
i mean lahels grp

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
hey is baam ahead of the grp or behind?
i mean lahels grp
I personally think that Baam is behind the group since he is climbing on his own in stealth mode. :D

Seriously, guys. You can't expect Baam not to change after he has been through with Lahel. I think it's pretty clear that the Prince will have a postive influence on him...