Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 88 Discussion/89 Predictions | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 88 Discussion/89 Predictions

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Remember the cave he nd rachel lived it? it had zahard name written all over it, may be they were somehow ostracized by zahard there or anything. I mean live to kill without a personal vendetta is kind a weird isnt it?
Zahard must have done something to him or he has been told so
Y else will he live to kill zahard instead of Rachel :p

ekinox

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Wow The commpany did a great job o/
The best thing in this chapter is....that we can see Baam's eyes for the first time :zomg

Just one funny fact:
In the new name of Baam there is "Viole"
In french viole is one of the conjugaison for the verb rape... baam is gonna rape some people if you know what i mean x)

I know it's from "violet" but i needed to say it :mono

menino

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The commpany did a great job [2]

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

That's what I was thinking before this whole "killi all Zahard's" thing because lets not forget Baam knows some Zahard's.

Androssi, Yuri, and Anak are all tied to the Zahard name.

Clearly there must be a story behind all this, but for Baam to utter the words "Zahard and their kin...I live for their deaths". It's hard for me to reason that out to be anything besides indoctrination or something along those lines.
I think neither of the two princesses is really an enemy for baam, but int the end if the 'all of you are my enemys thing' i re-think that a little, but this is the way he choice to not lose more friends. i hope.

Zephyr

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Just amazing, nothing else.

I hope that Baam will kick out the sh*t from that ranker (even if it's pretty nice XD), btw I think that they'll "fight" on pair, until ranker will win for a very little bit of power difference.

Ps IMHO, "slayer" is like "general" grade in FUG... not supreme commander...

murtas

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Have been reading that FUG has 11 Slayer position which would be to equal Zahard+10 families.
And that there is 5 vacant spots. (were they killed? :D)

So Baam is fighting for a one of those spots.

Dacomp89

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tower of God Chapter 88 Spoilers

And what it means "candidate to Slayer"? Something that SIU posted before in some blog entry? I mean...what the fuck is a Slayer here?
In an earlier chapter, Goseng says that the pattern on Baam's skirt (or whatever it's called) looks like the mark of the slayer, which FUG members are known to wear. So it seems possible that slayer is just what FUG members are called. He's a candidate because he has not been fully accepted yet, it seems highly likely that he needs to become a ranker before he can be a true member. Wangnan says that the skill of FUG members is top notch, which would include rankers, so I don't think Baam could become a top level member before he even becomes a ranker. Also, Grace Mircea Luslec is known as the No. 1 Slayer, so possibly the members of FUG all have titles such as the No. # Slayer, based on strength probably.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Have been reading that FUG has 11 Slayer position which would be to equal Zahard+10 families.
And that there is 5 vacant spots. (were they killed? :D)

So Baam is fighting for a one of those spots.
Where did you read that?

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Baam is really messed up. I know that what Rachel did was awful but the current Baam is just out of his mind. He just doesn't want any contact with others ... even worse, he considers others like trash. I like the story & the chapters so far but I'm not sure I like the new Baam.

And what it means "candidate to Slayer"? Something that SIU posted before in some blog entry? I mean...what the fuck is a Slayer here?
"Into every generation a slayer is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. She is the Slayer."

No ?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Baam is really messed up. I know that what Rachel did was awful but the current Baam is just out of his mind. He just doesn't want any contact with others ... even worse, he considers others like trash. I like the story & the chapters so far but I'm not sure I like the new Baam.
If he is what he appears to be, then I straight up hate the new Baam. He may be physically stronger than the old Baam but he's far less dangerous.

But I really don't think he is, or even see how he could be. The actions and attitudes of this new Baam aren't coming across to me as the evolution of the old character so much as a completely different character, which is very puzzling.

I have no idea what's going on but something about his whole character seems....off somehow.

• His new name
  • The Red skeletal spider thing
  • FUG
  • His peculiar new motives

It all feels...wrong somehow. Like it can't be reconciled with the Baam from part 1 which makes me think there is a huge ingredient in all this that we haven't learned yet and I don't think it's anything as small as a personal grudge. I've no idea what it could be though.:confused:

Last edited:

AluminumTough

Reaction score
Country
Sikkim
I don't know, this character development is understandable to me.

To go from a cave where all you know is that cave and Rachel to a five year jump where your best friend stabbed you in the back. And most likely learning the truth of the tower and the Zahard family and possibly the reason why you were in that cave during those five years. I can totally understand why he is distant. But I also see it from a different perspective Baam is trying to protect those in this new group because he is an official "enemy of the state" if you will "terrorist."

I still see his kind heart behind wanting to take this test by himself. We are very early in season two and we know nothing about Baam, we just recently got his new name...this is a story and I think I will be patient in deciding if I like or dislike the new Baam as this seems to be the point of the story-his character. Baam will develop new friendships and new ideas of the world as the story goes.

rosco12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I am holding my judgement about Baam. However, in my opinion, he actually has an objective. I doubt he would become a slayer only because he was betrayed. His conviction was too strong to become a negative character from that experience. On the other hand, she meant a lot to Baam. So, who knows *shrugs*. One thing I noticed, Baam wasn't all hyped up or showed much emotions when he declared he lives for death of Zaharad and his Kins.

One of the reason I could think of Baam denying teammates is, to either save them from the harm that awaits them or may be not. For once, I like Baam's new looks. He feels more business and less talk. Can't wait to see what happened to him during the timeskip.

mup

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

yep i also like how Baam is he has that i dont give a damn about the Tower nor do i think he was manipulated into FUG he has is own reason in joining we soon will learn what it is can't wait

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

yep i also like how Baam is he has that i dont give a damn about the Tower nor do i think he was manipulated into FUG he has is own reason in joining we soon will learn what it is can't wait
With due respect, mup. It doesn't make any sense for Baam to have a reason of his own to join the FUG. In season 1 he was the only one, who didn't give a damn about the tower and it's policy because he was so fixated on Rachel. After, he suffered his mental breakdown due to Rachel, he was "lost" or rather confused because he experienced it for the first time. He must have been so vulnerable at that time, that he was easily manipulated into joining the FUG, at least in my opinion.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
LOLLLL :rofl This chapter was just too funny . I didn't laugh so hard for a while . Seeing everyone making a fool out of themselves really made my day . And then Baam just throw the bomb that he doesn't need any teammates :D
Baam is unrecognizable , so cold and now his name is Viole ? And he openly declared he's the enemy of Zahard and their kin :darn . I can't even imagine through how much suffering he's gone through this past 5y to change in this way :(

I wonder what is the new game Love is gonna put Baam through . The story is getting more and more interesting , can't wait for the next chapter :)

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
i dont know what kind of game Baam is playing this time. Attracting so much attention is really an unwise move unless he has a plan for it in the first place.
No matter how strong you are if zahard start sending his high ranker princess to eliminate the threat (baam) then things are gonna turn to a point were we might see baam as regular punching bag.
i know Baam is strong but i highly doubt that he is strong enough to face the highrankers at the moment.
blatantly stating that he wants to kill zahard is like saying come at me with what ever you can muster up.
hope he has a plan
then again if a hero is all powerful then things become boring so may be this is a move by SIU to introduce foes who can match up to baams strength/power or surpass him at the present scenario.
Hope Baam is ready for the trouble he invited

Monsterguy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia

With due respect, mup. It doesn't make any sense for Baam to have a reason of his own to join the FUG. In season 1 he was the only one, who didn't give a damn about the tower and it's policy because he was so fixated on Rachel. After, he suffered his mental breakdown due to Rachel, he was "lost" or rather confused because he experienced it for the first time. He must have been so vulnerable at that time, that he was easily manipulated into joining the FUG, at least in my opinion.
There could be a reason !!!

Sorry, but I belive that simply saying there could not be any reason could be proven wrong, such chance always exists !!!

If Baam's mother got married with Grace Mircea Luslec, but Jahad/Zahard king would out of jealousy rape her. Than tried to kill her(after realizing what he did), but she would manage to escape give birth to Baam, than send him in the outside world, in a cave together with Rachel (sp?). Than soon after that she would get killed by Jahad/Zahard king. That is a reason enough for Baam to be as he is right now.

What do you think ???

Last edited:

RagingNaruto

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Got into Tower of God 2 days ago & finally caught up. It is so awesome :)

When we were first introduced to Baam again I was like... is that Baam ? We later find out it was Baam but I refused to believe it, coming here I guess it is true.

This makes no sense, why does he suddenly hate the Zahard. My guess is it has something to do with Headon. Found he was found the twisted & manipulated him, giving him power & their own ideals.

But I don't like the turn in events, I always wanted a really powerful main character... eventually. But not like this, Baam was unchanging, different & pure. He is meant to only use his powers to protect those he loves. The Tower wasn't meant to change Baam :(

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany

There could be a reason !!!

Sorry, but I belive that simply saying there could not be any reason could be proven wrong, such chance always exists !!!

If Baam's mother got married with Grace Mircea Luslec, but Jahad/Zahard king would out of jealousy rape her. Than tried to kill her(after realizing what he did), but she would manage to escape give birth to Baam, than send him in the outside world, in a cave together with Rachel (sp?). Than soon after that she would get killed by Jahad/Zahard king. That is a reason enough for Baam to be as he is right now.

What do you think ???

Well, I'm not excluding any possibility but the way he was potrayed in Season 1 wasn't "apparent" enough to change himself to this extent, that's what I meant. As long as SIU doesn't show us a flashback of how Baam became Viole in the first place, this development will remain unclear to many readers.

AluminumTough

Reaction score
Country
Sikkim
I still think Baam learned the truth about the tower, and he was most likely imprisoned by the Zahard family in that cave. I also don't see Baam as necessarily evil or that his attitude has changed. Previously he would have dropped anyone if they hurt Rachel but now his goal and motivation has changed. Normal people that climb the tower are for Zahard, therefore, everyone that climbs the tower is against him and his goal. Also he did not kill the five or six people that have taking the test with him. The chapter that he reflects on Rachel becoming his friend and he thinks about becoming friends with new people... gives me the impression that he still is friendly. Baam is just much more confident in himself, and maybe in this next chapter of playing a game with the adim he will learn to be a little more reserved and work as a team.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I still think Baam learned the truth about the tower, and he was most likely imprisoned by the Zahard family in that cave. I also don't see Baam as necessarily evil or that his attitude has changed. Previously he would have dropped anyone if they hurt Rachel but now his goal and motivation has changed. Normal people that climb the tower are for Zahard, therefore, everyone that climbs the tower is against him and his goal. Also he did not kill the five or six people that have taking the test with him. The chapter that he reflects on Rachel becoming his friend and he thinks about becoming friends with new people... gives me the impression that he still is friendly. Baam is just much more confident in himself, and maybe in this next chapter of playing a game with the adim he will learn to be a little more reserved and work as a team.
I don't really buy into that.

I think it's pluasable that the Zahard family could be in some way responsible for Baam being shut in a cave. But I don't think that would even come close to explaining Baam's new personality and motives.

Baam, as he was presented in part 1, was never really angry about his existence in that cave. It may have been terrible but that was the only world he knew. If nothing else being locked into that cave allowed him to meet Lahal and I doubt he regrets that even with all that's happened. So to derive a personal vengeance motive from that would seem pretty weak to me. Even if they killed his family or something, what's the point of a avenging a family you never even knew? That just doesn't carry much narrative weight in my opinion.

Something that I think would make more sense, given his personality and mindset, would be if he decided to blame what happened with Lahel on the tower itself. Like thinking the tower somehow corrupted her and as the Zahards kind of make the rules perhaps he thinks destroying them would be the first step to changing the nature of the tower.

Unfortunately, there are problems with that too. Namely that Baam is personally friends with several Zahards and the idea of the Baam from part 1 turning on his friends is absurd. I mean, if he was just after the king; then that would make sense, but he isn't. He explicitly said that his purpose in life is killing Zahards and their kin. And that just makes no sense to me given what I know about Baam.

And none of this would explain his ruthless attitude toward other climbers. They are NOT necessarily friends of Zahard. Baam should know this because he knows Anak a person who is driven by vengeance for her mother against the Zahards.

Last edited: