Info - Translators Directory | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Translators Directory

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The purpose of this thread is to provide a place for translators to offer their services to Edited Manga groups. Say a little about yourself, what manga you are interested in, how long you have been translating, projects you are working on and past projects. If you post your translations at Mangahelpers we suggest providing a link to your translator page, which contains nearly all the information relevant to joining a group. If you do not post your Edited Mangas to MH, we suggest finding some alternative means of linking to past translations.

If your services are no longer available, you are welcome to delete or edit your own post in order to avoid any unwanted responses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikachama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can translate shounen manga from Japanese to English.

I'm extremely picky about groups, so bear with me.

I'm looking to be around like-minded groups; adults who don't mind shooting the crap once in a while and preferably ones with a chat. Ones made up of different types of people, ones that don't mind cuss words once in a while. I'm a strict translator and have translated for pay, and I can also double as a translation editor. I love answering questions and figuring out ways to use certain words.

I'm a translation PURIST, meaning that I will use a Japanese word if there are no English words that are accurate enough. I would like to be around other translation purists.

The manga type I translate is SHOUNEN. Please don't ask me to do shoujo manga. =/ I would also be willing to retranslate some poorly translated manga, like Nougami Neuro >_>

I also like to talk about original art/stories/manga stuff since I write and draw and all that. If you can handle that, and my dirty mouth, send me a message!

magoo123

Reaction score
Country
England
Hiya, I guess the title is pretty self explanatory, yep I'm a newbie and would like to gain some experience by working/volunteering(not sure if i get paid in this line of work lol) in a manga scan group.
So if any manga scan group need an extra pair of hands at anything please inbox me, I'll be very grate for anything.
Er... I guess now I need to say something about myself:
City: London
Occupation: full time student (don't worry, I have plenty of spare time to help out)
I can speak/write both English and Chinese fluently
Yeah I guess thats it, if any scan group is willing to take me in then I'm happy to provide more background info.
And by the way, if anyone have contacts with any scan groups could you please ask whether they have any vacancies and whether they need an extra someone to help out with anything
reply to me through PM or the email magoo12321@me.com
Thanks a lot

mattfabb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am a newbye looking to translate from Japanese into English. I would like to get some experience of fan-translating both to become a better translator and to help me with my translation studies. I dont have any past work to show, but I am happy to be tested.

Moromis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I live in the US as a full time student, and have had a avid desire for learning languages since my freshman year of high school. Since then I've tried to pick up as many languages as I could, including Latin, Japanese, Korean, and Arabic.

I haven't translated anything major yet, so I'd just like to be picked up by a group and translate anything that comes my way, as practice. I learn quickly, and will probably move on to larger things within the year. But we'll see. ;)

So if you have projects that you've already got good translators for, I'd like to just be able to go along with it and help out however I can.

KanjiKanji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

If you need a translator or proofreader I might be able to tell you. I don't have any experience translating manga specifically, but I have been studying Japanese for 4 years and have JLPT N2 cert. Send me a PM

Cheers!

Damari

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Re: I can translate shounen manga from Japanese to English.

Hello: would you like working the manga GodHand Teru? I am from a new Edited Manga group :^_^

I'm extremely picky about groups, so bear with me.

I'm looking to be around like-minded groups; adults who don't mind shooting the crap once in a while and preferably ones with a chat. Ones made up of different types of people, ones that don't mind cuss words once in a while. I'm a strict translator and have translated for pay, and I can also double as a translation editor. I love answering questions and figuring out ways to use certain words.

I'm a translation PURIST, meaning that I will use a Japanese word if there are no English words that are accurate enough. I would like to be around other translation purists.

The manga type I translate is SHOUNEN. Please don't ask me to do shoujo manga. =/ I would also be willing to retranslate some poorly translated manga, like Nougami Neuro >_>

I also like to talk about original art/stories/manga stuff since I write and draw and all that. If you can handle that, and my dirty mouth, send me a message!
---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Hi: would you like be a translator for manga yaoi? I am from a Manga Editor group and if you have spare time and you want please tell me ^_^

Hi

I am a newbye looking to translate from Japanese into English. I would like to get some experience of fan-translating both to become a better translator and to help me with my translation studies. I dont have any past work to show, but I am happy to be tested.

Mikachama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Updating this to mention that I am still interested in translating shounen and the like, particularly if you like attention to character voice details.

Ominae

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Mika

- That offer still up?

Freelance Walk

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Ominae, I don't think so. I sent a PM a while back and still haven't gotten an answer so you shouldn't expect too much

Ominae

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Okay. Thanks. Still trying to look around sadly.

ckrit

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
looking to translate fantasy shounen manga (J->E)

Hi, I'm looking for a group that's in need of a J-E translator to do fantasy-like shounen manga, something not too complex to keep me distracted from school work. x) What immediately comes to mind is something with an easygoing atmosphere like +Anima by MUKAI Natsumi (that said, I would immediately agree to one of her series).

I have only limited experience, aside from school assignments. If you can get me interested, I absolutely do not mind a test to (try to) prove my worth.

I care deeply about quality, but would also like to keep the tempo up (so please not just one chapter a month or so)

よろしく

Ominae

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dangit, if I only had a manga project worth showing to satisfy that criteria. :gwah

Marzia

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: looking to translate fantasy shounen manga (J->E)

Hi, I'm looking for a group that's in need of a J-E translator to do fantasy-like shounen manga, something not too complex to keep me distracted from school work. x) What immediately comes to mind is something with an easygoing atmosphere like +Anima by MUKAI Natsumi (that said, I would immediately agree to one of her series).

I have only limited experience, aside from school assignments. If you can get me interested, I absolutely do not mind a test to (try to) prove my worth.

I care deeply about quality, but would also like to keep the tempo up (so please not just one chapter a month or so)

よろしく
Is this offer still available? If you are still interested can you please send me a private message? it would be much appreciated. Please be my savior? :zomg

KyraKyra

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! My name is Kyra and I'm looking to translate for a project (part-time), Japanese to English. I was a part of a group -- Dazzling Scans -- until just recently when I went to submit my latest translation and found out the website is down. That being the case, I don't want to commit to anything too long term in case my group turns up again (:

I'm interested in one-shots (collections or single volume) or shorter volumes or even fill-in work. I prefer Shoujo because that's the level of Japanese I am comfortable with, although if it's a short project I would be willing to work with you on another genre. No smut, etc. I don't really read shounen ai or shoujo ai so I'd prefer not to translate it as I would probably lose interest fairly quickly (:

If you need qualifications, examples of my work, or for me to take a test I am willing to supply you with any of those. Feel free to PM me if you want to speak further on the subject.

Thank you and hopefully we can work together on something!

elgle

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello guy my name is steve I am looking for a part time job as a Japanese, Korean to English. have never been part of a scan group before I would like to join to help me improve my skills in the language

Ominae

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Still available mate?

MadHatterRyu

Reaction score
Country
India
Sign me up sign me up^___^ Lemme at em!

Edit: as long as the quality of the scans fine I have no complaints o_O

Siyuan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I'm Seth. I'm a student right now so I don't have much in the way of professional experience. I've done a little bit of translating manga into English as a test of my own skills, but I've done a little translation for an online game website (I did the English for this : http://www.no1game.net/games/escapemen/game0111.html).

I can do Japanese or Chinese to English. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need a translator! I'm not picky about a genre or anything like that, I'm just interested in the work. PM me if you want my email.

Last edited:

talliechan29

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hiyo!
I'm looking for some translator(s) to help me translate a series I just bought, it is Yaoi and has a few love scenes :hurr
I'm also not sure how the whole scanning thing works (newbiederp), i do have my own scanner and know how to scan but is there a special way to import the files or?..

but any help much appreciated! :^_^

mipmip

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,
I'm a new translator on here, Japanese to English is what I can do. Um, it's not clear how this works. So, if you want me to translate your raws project please let me know! I'm a Australian student, and I'd like to translate in many genres, but not things that sexualiize little girls (or little boys, or animals too).

Marshie

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
Hello,
I'm a new translator on here, Japanese to English is what I can do. Um, it's not clear how this works. So, if you want me to translate your raws project please let me know! I'm a Australian student, and I'd like to translate in many genres, but not things that sexualiize little girls (or little boys, or animals too).
Is this still available? :)