Football - UEFA Euro 2016 - Tournament & Bracket | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Football UEFA Euro 2016 - Tournament & Bracket

Kat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
PFT Slovakia will win :derp

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Are you sure you copied the right link? you have the same link that Akainu posted above.
Oh..I'm sorry bob. I was checking other's prediction before posting mine. My prediction is very similar with Akainu's. So, posted his link before checking.
Edited now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
PFT Slovakia will win :derp
tfw, it's football not hoki :comfort

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
My Bracket Predictions

Group Stages Uncertainties
  • Positions between Croatia and Turkey in Group D
  • Positions between Austria and Hungary in Group F
Round of 16 Uncertainties
  • Winner between Belgium and Portugal
Quarter-Finals Uncertainties
  • Winner between Germany and Italy

All the matches in the Semi-Finals and Finals can go either way so it's really hard to determine the winner.

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
But we defeated Germany in friendly :pout (apparently)

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish Copa America had the same thing. Even with the USA hosting it, the official site only shows the basic info. :emocat
I had completely forgotten that the Centenario was this summer too. I'm not too faimiliar with the tournament or South American football to be fair, but feel free to make a thread about it or discuss it HERE.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I have no idea what's going on right now, but I gotta put my money on Germs as Euro winner this year. cuz why not. let's see how it goes

Bracket

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally the tournament begins.

I feel like a defeat was a bit harsh on Romania, but France with the talent they have and the home advantage were quite clear favourites; but boy did they make it difficult for themselves :XD

Their lack of competitive games in the last 2 years ( host nations get automatic qualifications) has taken an edge away from them but also there were signs of nerves in the first 10-15mins of each half, with Romania having some good chances in both instances.

Payet was awesome tonight and his goal plus assist shows that. He'll be instrumental for the french team.
Pogba, Giroud and Griezman need to improve; Pogba gave the ball away too many times and carelessly too. Giroud is just slow, so he's got to be more clinical and smart about his runs. Griezman too needs to be clinical but he's an amazing talent, so I hope he gets to shine.

Roll on England vs Russia tomorrow! :arf

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Nice game, had almost everything. Rage moments, penalty, great last goal in the last 5 min. Happy with the start.

Where's my tip in the OP prediction list. :bnah

Roll on England vs Russia tomorrow! :arf
Meeee three, but as usual cheering for the other team. :e3

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where's my tip in the OP prediction list. :bnah
I haven't gotten around to updating the last few predictions. SOON.

Yesterday's match was....typical England? I dunno. We seemed a lot more attack minded than our friendly/qualifying matches showed and put in some intense periods of the match but that final third of actually producing clear cut chances in front of goal was not good enough and in the end it came to haunt us.

Nevermind the fact that the lack of concentration and aggression fell after we scored, or the amateurish goal we conceded but it's the sort of situation that would not matter if you take your own chances.

So still it stands, England yet to win an opening match at any European Championship. Hopefully the team won't wallow for too long, we have Wales next and now that is a must win.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Why Bob, that's literally your only job here. :evil

Unfortunately I was stuck at a silly birthday party, and had to watch the game via phone. Naturally missed both goals, and even worse, the stream cut out in the last 30min... Can't say I'm not satisfied with the results though.

Sooo, thrilled for Germany Ukraine tonight now.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
England is a better team than i thought, even if the goal or rather the freekick was undeserved. They should get through the group, even if it is as 2nd.
On the other hand, one of my two teams, Turkey, has a tougher road ahead.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Germany had such a weak start. The result in no way reflects what happend. Very lucky it wasn't a draw or worse.
The other matches today ended somewhat how I expected. Overall, this EC is pretty boring so far. Few goals, few exciting matches, lots of tactical gameplay.
And the only mess up so far was sadly overshadowed by idiot "fans". I hope it improves, especially with the matches tomorrow. They can't all be snoozefeasts, right?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why Bob, that's literally your only job here. :evil
Wow...so harsh :biblethump

England is a better team than i thought, even if the goal or rather the freekick was undeserved. They should get through the group, even if it is as 2nd.
The thing is here, we have quite high expectation of our national team (still, for some reason...) so we know we're good, well actually better than we played yesterday in my opinion but we do stupid things, like conceding that goal as we did. Maybe it's the lack of tournament experience; seeing as Rooney alone had more capped the team combined. Hopefully we do beat Wales, otherwise second place will either be out of our reach or very difficult. I think it'll be an interesting game for both sides.

Turkey did not have it easy today, I was impressed by how well Croatia moved the ball around and created chances; it helps having Rakitic and Modric in their midfield. The Turkish have a good team though and had their chances here and there but they just came up against a better team today.

Germany had such a weak start. The result in no way reflects what happend. Very lucky it wasn't a draw or worse.
The other matches today ended somewhat how I expected. Overall, this EC is pretty boring so far. Few goals, few exciting matches, lots of tactical gameplay.
And the only mess up so far was sadly overshadowed by idiot "fans". I hope it improves, especially with the matches tomorrow. They can't all be snoozefeasts, right?
For the first 25mins of the match, I worried that once the floodgates opened, it'd be Germany all the way; the passing and movement off the ball was really good, but all it took was one blunder and chance for Ukraine to shake the team. After that, Ukraine seemed to stop their ball watching and actually started playing a bit. Then in the second half it died again. Like you said, the scoreline was quite flattering. 1-0 would've been a more reflecting score.

Tactically though, I think the idea of Gotze playing up front has to be reevaluated; it's a waste of a good position for centre forward and limits a lot of direct play or swinging crosses because it's not his natural position and he's not good in the air. He doesn't have that instinct to be a nuisance in the box. So maybe they can have more success with Gomez, if they decide to try him for the next game.

That clearance by Boateng though!

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Since The Netherlands isn't participating this year (don't ask me why lol) I'm going to cheer for Belgium. I'm really curious how far they'll come this year.

So tonight it will be Belgium vs. Italy. A really interesting match if you ask me. I'd bet it will be a draw, I guess 0-0 or 1-1.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Italy looks strong. I thought Belgium was gonna win.