Voting Round 1 - Ultear Milkovich vs. Kitagawa Marin | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Ultear Milkovich vs. Kitagawa Marin

Who Wins?

• Ultear Milkovich

• Kitagawa Marin

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Ok, let's see.....

My Dress-up Darling (Sono Bisque Doll), is a series I picked up last year while in lockdown. I saw the title a few times around, and got curious because of how long sounding the name was. Also, I thought the poster of the lead female (Who's name I didn't know at the time) was very beautiful. I reread it again this year (It is that good a series). It was green lighted for an anime soon, and when that time comes, I hope a lot of you here check it out. The dream would be the series getting the same popularity boost that Kaguya-sama did when it first came out :kukuku

Alright, with those pleasantries out of the way, let's promote Marin quite a bit, shall we?

The synopsis of the series is about a gyaru, called Kitagawa Marin. She is SUPER into cosplay, her current passion being to cosplay her favorite characters in series she loves.

The lead male of the series is called Gojo...

Not that Gojo :p

Think of Gojo in a casual setting. A Gojo in a world without cursed energy. That's the Gojo who is our main character in Bisque. His name is Wakana Gojo. Like Marin, he also has a passion. He is into Hina dolls. His grandfather runs a doll shop, so naturally, Gojo became interested in them as a kid.

The first time Marin talks to Gojo, well on a personal level, she runs into him being made to do all the work in class. He and a few other classmates were supposed to be on cleaning duty, but the classmates left, leaving Gojo by himself. She speaks up agains this, displaying one of her character traits: That she has a strong sense of justice:

And this isn't Marin being pretentious. Aside from this scenario, there are several other situations where she knows just the right things to say. Words that originate from a place of honesty, rather than obligation.
For example, when she reveals her love fo one of her favorite games (Which was perceived to only be geared towards a male audience):

^ This bit here is quite important when it comes to Gojo's character. As a kid, and even now in his teenage years, he has always had a love for Hina dolls. One of his childhood friends mocked him for this, saying Hina dolls are girly, and Gojo has no business liking them.

Marin's statement about gender being irrelevant when it comes to liking things reassures Gojo that there is nothing wrong with his passion. He is free to like what he likes, and to whatever degree he desires:

When Gojo runs into Marin in her clique, he feels a bit out of place. That he is not fitting in properly, and the girls are all in a league of their own.

Marin speaks up for him here, letting him know he does not have to feel left out:

^ More on this, at school, Marin is a social bird. She's quite popular all over the whole school. Gojo himself is a loner, being the strongest Jujutsu sorcerer and all
Gojo feels like the two of them being seen hanging out together would look odd to some. And it would make Marin feel awkward as well.

But that does not matter to Marin at all. She knows what to tell Gojo to prevent him from feeling like he is not worthy of spending time with her.

She even teases him a bit on it, getting him to ease up about the whole matter and be natural around her.

Gojo has a certain principle. When it comes to the word 'pretty' and 'beautiful', he only ever uses them for things that he finds breathtaking. Considering he is someone who has grown up as a bit of an artist, this is somewhat of a big deal.

He explains this to Marin, and she tells him that is okay. People should have principles that they never change.

And of course, her most important, influential quote in the entire series.

So, yeah. Vote Marin. For the bunnies. :kissbunny

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well... I do have a soft spot for bunnies...

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ultear looks better hence my vote for her

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Marin has some annoying dialogue at times, in a young teenager way, but she has a seriousness which is what I like most. Marin x Gojo is a lovely pairing too.

Ultear has dat ass doe. Decisions.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Whoa whoa, what's with this wall above me lmao, gotta read it sometime. No idea about who that girl is tho lol

My vote of course goes to Ultear.

She's no competition to Ultear when it comes to looks at least :derp

I'll come up with a bit more detailed post in the weekend, pretty tight on this week to come up with a detailed post due to work related constraints.

What is the deadline for this?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good taste, @Hermit. I'm also a reader of that series and I approve.

That said Ultear is the best character in Fairy Tail. So I'm going to wait for grey matter to do his thing before I vote.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm intrigued by Marin's character, so I'll vote for her!

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Voted marin, all these FT simps here
Hermit showed us the true way to greatest with a proper introduction and campaign to such a cute looking character, plus she sounds interesting

Will put this series on to read list, it looks good

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I do love Ultear as a character, one of the best among Ft females ( tho I prefer Cana :zomg ) I havent read Sono bisque, but it's a manga i had in my mind, but never started it (and Jesus, theres plenty stuff in my mind to read or watch but i need 2 or 3 lifes to make it happen :arf ) and ended up losing my interest in it. But I voted Marin despite loving Ultear, the reason is, as a female character Ultear is gorgeous, wonderful also i love her personality etc., as a waifu, according to Hermit's presentation, Marin seems superior, imo. I really had mixed feelings here, coz i really like Ultear, but whenever i can, I will try to go for the characters who are the more waifu worth, qualities wise.

Too bad theres no Ultear campaign, i would have liked to see some appreciation for her character :pout

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Marin has some annoying dialogue at times, in a young teenager way,

but she has a seriousness which is what I like most. Marin x Gojo is a lovely pairing too.

There are quite a lot of Marin fanarts around, so I will proceed to grace this thread with them :bow

Well, I call it fanart, but most of them are just manga panels meant to show how expressive she is.:hmm I talked about how Marin is someone who usually knows the right thing to say, at the right time. But even without words, a lot can be said through facial expressions

Because a wise philosopher once said, speech is silver, but silence is golden.

I hope these do not cause the page to lag/load for anyone :sweat

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Ultear is one of my favourite characters from FT but there has virtually been no campaigning for her while Hermit worked really hard.

Going with Marin here.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ultear is one of my favourite characters from FT but there has virtually been no campaigning for her while Hermit worked really hard.

Going with Marin here.
Just because Ultear dont get a campaign,you vote against her?

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Just because Ultear dont get a campaign,you vote against her?
The effort of the campaigner cannot be denied, this is a war to show how great our waifu, one who abandon his does not deserve the spot of glory, for that is only to those who fight to the end for who they joined this war for.

This is a warrior duty, and we all warriors here fighting for the one, our words are the swords to reach the end and cut down all obstacles, reaching the heart of the people, our body is made to withstand all the salt we going to face no matter what...All for our waifus

Last edited:

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
The effort of the campaigner cannot be denied, this is a war to show how great our waifu, one who abandon his does not deserve the spot of glory, for that is only to those who fight to the end for who they joined this war for.

This is a warrior duty, and we all warriors here fighting for the one, our words are the swords to reach the end and cut down all obstacles, reaching the heart of the people, our body is made to withstand all the salt we going to face no matter what...All for our waifus

Y'know you could've just said you liked what @Hermit said, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.