Voting Round 1 - Ultear Milkovich vs. Kitagawa Marin | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Ultear Milkovich vs. Kitagawa Marin

Who Wins?

• Ultear Milkovich

• Kitagawa Marin

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry for the delay in making my case, was busy lately to make a detailed, thought-out post, due to work related issues (few deadlines approaching :( )
Well, there is no way I can match @Hermit 's effort or enthusiasm lol. You did a great job man.

I was about to write a wall here, but then it dawned on me that most of my points were about why she's a great character, than a great waifu lol (edit: still ended up writing a wall, I shudder to think how big it would've been had I not realized the point sooner. Sorry in advance).
For Ultear, I'll admit, I like her the most in FT because she's a great character by FT standards and because of her role in the story. Of course also because she looks amazing, but that's secondary.
Anyway, I'll try my part lol.

Also, I apologize in advance for the essays without pictures. I tried posting pics and gifs, but in many cases, mangahelpers isn't co-operating -_-
I attach something and it's blank

A brief introduction of the character:
Utlear is a time wizard. She started out as an antagonist, who aimed to create the 'Great magic world', a state of the world which amplifies magic and hence would allow her time magic to reach a potency where she can travel back in time with no consequences. She aimed to travel back to a point where she retained her bonds and happiness. She committed many atrocities for the realization of this goal, with the justification that she can revert all those using her time magic once the Great Magic World was realized.
When this plan failed, she decided to spend the rest of her life making amends for her actions and helping people whose lives she screwed over, which she no longer had the capability or hope to revert. She broke out Jellal, a man whose life she screwed over the most, from jail. And co-founded a guild with him, aimed to destroy dark guilds and eradicate evil from the world.

Regarding relationship/waifu qualities:
She's not been in a canon relationship in the series and was unfortunately off'd before that could ever happen. Nevertheless there are still some instances in the series that show that she would be a great waifu:
- Meledy was a little girl who was orphaned as a result of Ultear guild's actions, where they destroyed her village to find a magical key to revive Zeref in order to create the great magic world (the guild's mission). Ultear saw the orphaned Meledy, and it reminded her of of her own past, where she was kidnapped from her mother, and later estranged from her mother after feeling abandoned by her
So, she adopted Meledy, became her 'mother' at the age of 14/15 and raised her, despite the wishes of her guildmates.
This does demonstrate her motherly qualities, and great maturity at a young age. Which, I personally think, is one of the most important qualities in a good waifu

- This instance is towards the final moments of the character.
This was towards the end of the Grand Magic Games, where dragons were summoned from the past and released into the city. In the city, the dragons rampaged with no meaningful resistance, where even the dragon slayers were rendered helpless and completely outclassed. Eventually it came to the point where many of her allies and even main characters started getting killed by the dragons.
Witnessing this hopeless situation, and burdened by her inability to stop it and the guild of her past, she decided to use "Last Ages", a forbidden time magic which would allow her to turn back time in exchange for her life (basically all the time she had). She used the spell, aiming to return to a time before the dragons were summoned.
Even though the time she reversed wasn't as she expected, she did managed to reverse time to a point where the character deaths hadn't happened yet; and thus changed the tide of the entire battle.
What this demonstrates, is that she would go any lengths for the sake of those she loves, including sacrificing her own life. She would give her life, if that means reversing time to save yours. Pretty great waifu quality if you ask me :)

- Her magic is GREAT for running a household.
Using her 'arc of time', she can move the time of anything that doesn't involve 'animal life', be it to past or to the future. Which means, you don't have to worry about breaking anything in your house, EVER! You fucked up and broke the tables? No problemo, she reverses it's time and it's now as good as new.
Are you planting a tree to have some home grown food? No need to wait for years, she'll instantly grow up the trees to a point in their time where they grow fruits and vegetables!
Did your salad go stale? She reverts it to a time when it was fresh!
Ultear restoring a huge airship that got destroyed by reverting it's time:

- She's the most beautiful woman in Fairy Tail. And much prettier than Kitagawa. Sorry Hermit :P

Why you should vote for Ultear:
- She's far more mature and level headed than Kitagawa Marin, from the posts I've seen here at least (haven't read the series myself)

- She has demonstrated good motherly qualities, from her adopting and raising Meledy.

- She can use her time magic to restore anything that doesn't involve animal life. Which means, you need to worry about nothing when it comes fucking up stuff...... for the most part (i.e you still can't injure yourself lol, she can't revert that without sacrificing herself)

- She'd go any length for the one she loves, and if the family is harmed she would even sacrifice herself to revert the damage

- She's thicc and gorgeous
Look at that:mono

- While Kitagawa has been shown to be a great match for the Gojo, lot of it from what I see, is specific to Gojo. A great general quality I noticed from her, is she'd recognize if you are left left out, and would try to rectify them - she'd pick up after you, if you're a loner or introvert etc. But apart form that, her characteristics happened to complement Gojo (like her liking a game meant for male audience, which resonated with Gojo's own ).
Ultear's qualities are more general waifu qualities, and her magic is amazing for a family life - especially the sell sufficient, rustic lifestyle.

So, vote for Ultear! Or else...... you get tickled and fed peppers :teehee :3c

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyone who voted Kitagawa because nobody campaigned for Ultear, maybe it's time to reconsider your vote :squee:spaz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.