Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 54 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What a chapter! The choreography, color pages, lines everything :gar.

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Someone want to tell me why Nico’s been sporting a black eyepatch for the past two chapters?

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Brilliant arc. Reminded me why Fuuko is one of the best female leads I've ever seen in a WSJ series. Honestly, having no Andy around currently is doing wonders for her character. I never bought into their 'romance', it felt mostly rushed and off-screened.
Hopefully he stays out of the story a bit longer this loop :eyeroll

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Brilliant arc. Reminded me why Fuuko is one of the best female leads I've ever seen in a WSJ series. Honestly, having no Andy around currently is doing wonders for her character. I never bought into their 'romance', it felt mostly rushed and off-screened.
Hopefully he stays out of the story a bit longer this loop :eyeroll
She’s had so much character growth offscreen, in fact 170 years worth, that she’s almost a Mary-sue. Seriously, a Dempsey roll? The HNI fan in me loves it but I call bull lol.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
She’s had so much character growth offscreen, in fact 170 years worth, that she’s almost a Mary-sue. Seriously, a Dempsey roll? The HNI fan in me loves it but I call bull lol.
She had been training to fight in the previous loop, no? With Andy, after the initial Rip arc on the boat. Which was sadly...offscreen :notrust
I feel like one of the good things about this arc is how everything we are seeing happen onscreen and we arent getting those silly timeskips that were a staple of the previous loop.
And hey, technically Fuuko lost the fight. She would have been a Mary Sue if Void had lost but that wasn't the case :p

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Haha, the Dempsey Roll :lmao.

Nice fight. Void still won, surprisingly. He looked too much like Andy in this chapter.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Loved the color page.

Billy's arc next then, hopefully he's handled better this loop than he was in the last one. Under were handled so ridiculously poorly that at the time I thought Tozuka had been axed and told to wrap up the manga soon. :oh

'Unmarriable.' :lmao

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
One more attacker and one more for support? Who? Tatiana and Chikara maybe? Billy will be relevant so I guess at least Tatiana will be in?

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
One more attacker and one more for support? Who? Tatiana and Chikara maybe? Billy will be relevant so I guess at least Tatiana will be in?
I wanted to say that...anyone they use at this stage will have to be someone whose negator power is super simple and requires less training. , BUT: Technically they can just use soul calibre and the now tamed Autumn to do a deep history dive of Fuuko's memory of any of the negators to gain a foothold on their abilities, just like they did when they fought Autumn most recently with Gina.

Billy's a character that essentially needs to deceive everyone and be seen as an enemy by all the Union in order to be useful whatsoever. Or they can just use the memories-altering satellite (Jesus, there's macguffins and there's MACGUFFINS) somehow on all the negators to have Billy be a secret agent essentially.

I'm really enjoying this new arc. It's almost like there's a new editor and writer on the story; it's a lot more fun and the pacing's more enjoyable now than the crazy high-stakes constant life & death fighting & betrayals of the previous loop.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Undraw and Unseen as the new recruits, that was a nice curve ball :amuse Two members who were (also) unexplored in the previous arc, so a good chance to see more of them.
Wanted to see more of Isshin though, shame she's a baby currently. I quite enjoyed that mini arc with her. It was the best part of that Spring arc.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Undraw and Unseen as the new recruits, that was a nice curve ball :amuse Two members who were (also) unexplored in the previous arc, so a good chance to see more of them.
Wanted to see more of Isshin though, shame she's a baby currently. I quite enjoyed that mini arc with her. It was the best part of that Spring arc.
The commentary on souls being drawn together... it's an interesting one. I'm curious about how the UMAs refer to negators as "vessel of ____". Fuuko has been extremely lucky in this loop thus far.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The commentary on souls being drawn together... it's an interesting one. I'm curious about how the UMAs refer to negators as "vessel of ____". Fuuko has been extremely lucky in this loop thus far.
That bit about souls just felt like the token power of friendship we see in shonen manga. Actually didnt like it much, it was far too cheesy lol.
I dont think its luck as much as just gathering allies through force/persuasion, or just talking to them.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
The color page this week celebrates the beginning of the "war" arc, wonder if that means this will be a longer storyline than the last few quests.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Tella looks too similar in appearance to Shen, for a moment I thought we had already gotten to him :blink

Glad we got an explanation of his negator ability though. Also explains why he uses those speakers to talk. Though he is just a communications expert? :hmm I always thought the members of Under who Billy recruited had battle attributes in some way.

That dish they are targeting is the one the Union had in the previous loop iirc. Nice consistency there.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Tella looks too similar in appearance to Shen, for a moment I thought we had already gotten to him :blink

Glad we got an explanation of his negator ability though. Also explains why he uses those speakers to talk. Though he is just a communications expert? :hmm I always thought the members of Under who Billy recruited had battle attributes in some way.

That dish they are targeting is the one the Union had in the previous loop iirc. Nice consistency there.
He is a mercenary so he should be a decent fighter even now.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Untell's an interesting character. I think they're the first Negator in this story whose ability is entirely a deficit with no possible upside.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
"Fight until you run out of ammos." Kinda contrived but that was a good chapter.

The next one should be good as well.