Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 57 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Love how the explanation for Billy (as OP as OP gets) losing was simply "zerg rushed".

I do appreciate brevity, but the pacing's going at lightning pace right now, it could slow down a bit and benefit.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Through this fight Shen understood what a Tsundere is :amuse .
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

First time Feng's Negation ability is revealed in the manga.

I kinda agree with what he said. Disciple or not, I would be frustrated if I couldn't win by myself. Being proud of your disciples is something else.

So what is the moral of this story? Sharing your knowledge to successors is what makes someone the strongest? 🤔 That you can never stay at the top forever?

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Phil arc felt too short, it should have lasted longer. Feels like it ended just as things were getting good.

Shen arc was a bit boring, too straightforward with nothing really standing out. I feel like the arc was basically reconfirming to us what we knew from the last arc, Mui and Shen's sister are the two most important people to him.

The current Chikara arc has started out awesome though. Them raiding the school was extremely hilarious, LOL. Gym class :lmao Hoping this arc will manage to remain entertaining from start to end.

I feel like Tozuka is starting to struggle with issues that plagued the previous loop, in regards to his pacing. He was getting a good hang of it when this new loop started, but now he is rushing again and its hurting the manga quality a bit (Not as much as the nonsense that followed the summer arc though).

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Now we have romcom elements as well :D

Chikara wasn't that sociable in the previous loop, was he?

Feng is a softie now :XD.

For some reason I was surprised to see that they revealed Chikara's ability to his parents. But it's for the best I guess.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

More VA reveals.

Great news!! :wtf

Even Rie Kugimiya is in.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also two cours in a row, really nice! I hope the anime can boost the manga sales as I assume it might still be running at the point the anime starts to air. Would be nice if more people in Japan could enjoy UU, mostly because I enjoy it myself very much and am a bit disappointed how few in Japan seem to do so as well.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Now we have romcom elements as well :D

Chikara wasn't that sociable in the previous loop, was he?

Feng is a softie now :XD.

For some reason I was surprised to see that they revealed Chikara's ability to his parents. But it's for the best I guess.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

More VA reveals.

Great news!! :wtf

Even Rie Kugimiya is in.
Feng's getting closer to that whole concept of true strength that Fuuko's been talking up. He was unable to strike that UMA pretending to be an ally (student? not sure but a friendly character) and was surprised that his body froze up. So he's now being subconsciously hindered by those human bonds he's forming, but not yet strengthened by them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the exact timing of the anime is going to match the conclusion of the manga. I do think we're probably about 1-1.5 years away from conclusion though.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Rip and Latla's arc this time huh. Maybe it means that Andy will reappear soon?

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm personally hoping for Andy to have handled the loop worse than Victor and is now working alongside Seal.

Was also hoping Seal would have been around more often, or we got more conflict with Fuuko alone back at the loop start. It is very annoying the potential in all this was wasted on rapidly moving through the negators to give them a happier loop. Still a decent read, just not what it could've been.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm personally hoping for Andy to have handled the loop worse than Victor and is now working alongside Seal.

Was also hoping Seal would have been around more often, or we got more conflict with Fuuko alone back at the loop start. It is very annoying the potential in all this was wasted on rapidly moving through the negators to give them a happier loop. Still a decent read, just not what it could've been.
I can't help but fear that the EVERYTHING IS AWESOME VICTORY LAP Fuuko's going through is going to hit a major bump in the road with Andy. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the victory lap and the whole groundhog day fixing the past thing, but there needs to be SOME cause for pathos going forward.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I can't help but fear that the EVERYTHING IS AWESOME VICTORY LAP Fuuko's going through is going to hit a major bump in the road with Andy. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the victory lap and the whole groundhog day fixing the past thing, but there needs to be SOME cause for pathos going forward.
I want there to be a secret loop-hole, no pun intended, created by Luna. Or else maybe Sun is bored and/or Luna decides to explain to Fuuko that what she's doing is basically just Juiz on like... Loop 34, or something, and that it isn't going to go better. At. all. And that she's going to intervene and maybe convince Sun to try something "new" for the grand finale.

That, and I want Andy to be WORSE off than Victor and be like. . . "Yeah... if I work with Sun, I can die. And then it's all over. And sUfFeRiNg turned out harder than I thought. Maybe from sheer loneliness. Or something. Or he doesn't remember and Remember is stolen/lost/innefective has some kind of drawback. Dunno.

It's just... we already saw Ragnarok. I'd feel like the goal now would be to STOP Ragnarok, which should be theoretically possible.

There's also the fact we haven't seen the Negators unite with their antithesis. And it should be noted that the UMAs specifically refer to the Negators as "Vessel of ___" each respective negated force. Fuuko is "Vessel of Luck". Andy is "Vessel Death". Why are they not uniting with those as was done by Unremember and Ghost? I'd imagine that'd be powerful. Especially if they could perhaps tame the UMAs. We know Clothy is helping. And we know Spoil helped... So is it that difficult to get their cooperation? I feel like there's more here being left for potential new arcs.

So yeah, waiting for something to go wrong. I suppose the cliche and the pun will get selected and UnRuin is where it goes wrong. Fuuko's plan to save him will get "ruined."

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Latla... :scry

The sudden blood spooked me I thought Leila would die on the spot.

Well, Andy wants to die so his story can be bittersweet. But there is also the option of him becoming normal and living with everyone happily ever after until his natural death.

New trailer:

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whelp, the plot thickens vis-a-vis Andy's absence. I won't spoil today's chapter so...

Sick seems to have encountered Andy, AND knows that he's involved with Fuuko, and why. This lends extra credence to the vague unease a lot of readers like myself have been feeling with regards to Andy's absence. Sure we all understood that Andy was operating independently during the 4 billion years the world spent being recreated and history repeated, but why hasn't there been any direct contact? I guess the least interesting answer is that Andy has yet to locate or best Unruin, and he's figured out that the "vessel of Ruin" is basically fated to kill Fuuko if Andy gets close to her. The more interesting answers all tackle the question "what if Andy's motives have changed over the 4 billion years he's experienced?"

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Good to have Andy back. Will be nice to see how he interacts with the "new" team.

Was he in space?

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Good to have Andy back. Will be nice to see how he interacts with the "new" team.

Was he in space?
Good theory, supports the notion of firing off a clone arm missile in time given orbital speeds.

Good theory, supports the notion of firing off a clone arm missile in time given orbital speeds.
Wow we were all way off. Alternate dimension earth (or maybe the center of the moon?), alternate roundtable, the 12 "core" rules have their own organization and are fighting the humans. And Andy is being suppressed because he was recognized as a potential threat to God and the existence of the rules themselves. I guess they never forgave him for willy-nilly just annihilating every rule he came across last arc, forcing God to put "regulators" into play.

Oh and further HUGE potential implications here: The UMA Move is only PRETENDING to be tamed and cooperate with the Union. This is super counter to the narrative of "once they've been defeated they basically lose their own will and get reduced to being tools for their captors".

This means ANY of the UMA tools currently possessed by the Union could betray them at any moment for their own reasons.

Last edited:

Blink22

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great chapter from Tozuka and the plot twist leading up to this reveal had been brilliantly hinted at all the way back to chapter nine of the manga!

Back when we first met the Union, Juiz mentioned God living on “the other side of the book.” Thought that was just a figure of speech, and not something we’d get to see ourselves. This world beneath the earth is his hiding spot alongside his most faithful followers, The Ten Master Rules.

I guess this explain how Unruin got to know about God, the Union and the loop despite the fact that Juiz had no idea who he was and had never encountered him before. One of these Master Rules told him or must have brainwashed him to be a faithful God follower. This may be why he will be the last negator Fuuko will attempt to recruit because his role will be very important into tying up with these new villains.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
She touched his hand and he turned into a comet? Wow...

So there is another side to the world and the Master Rulest have their seats. I get that she needed an opening but jumping there alone is pretty dangerous.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Absence makes the heart grow fonder and Fuuko's been missing Andy for a few hundred years now. Their little high-five summoned a comet. Can't help but wonder at how that power scale will work at the higher end. Hell Fuuko summoned a meteorite just with a small touch of her hair in the first place. She's basically a walking singularity of determination and empathetic love, so it's pretty reasonable to expect her power will be permanently OP.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Sick designs. Hopefully they're handled better than Under was.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This chapter goes well with the recent episode. Fuuko even used an attack to get intel too. Plus there was Juiz's information about the Rules, they are definitely the ones here.

To stay on the sun for 200 years in order to support his comrades... Incredible.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
I love the designs of the master rules. Wish we learned a bit more. I'm not sure I understand how Andy could trap 10 rules with only his soul but hey, that panel of him on the sun was sick.

Didn't think Unburn would ever be relevant yet here we are.
The three way marriage was sweet but...marrying two sisters ?