Seinen - Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura | Page 36 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I assumed so, since Sigurd had just got married, but her being reference as "second wife" confused me.
Maybe self given title,she isn't but as she wants to be so she calls herself so.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
She was in a chapter where she told Gudrid that if it wasn't for her, she would have been Sigurd's wife. I forget the exact number but it was from a while ago I think.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It was chapter 106

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
I really like Sigurd tbh

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I think this should go here more than the anime thread considering yukimura at the end talks about some manga event even tho it's vaque + the fact that he says at the end that the next arc will be the start of what he wanted to do at the start of the manga and how good it will be

Anyways really interesting stuff and especially with how he thinks some scene in the anime will be legendary
could sucks for me if this already was posted before, and I just reposted it

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I think this should go here more than the anime thread considering yukimura at the end talks about some manga event even tho it's vaque + the fact that he says at the end that the next arc will be the start of what he wanted to do at the start of the manga and how good it will be
I think he can only mean the story going to the New World.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Great chapter as usual.

This chapter reminded us of the historical fact that one of the main reasons why the Vikings raided other lands is because of the scarcity of natural resources in their homeland.

Liked Siggy and his father's conversation.

Halfdan was happy at the end.

Now a new arc begins,now I think we are going back to Thorfinn and co.

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
new chapter is out http://readms.net/r/vinland_saga/165/6214/1

That ending... so many questions
but today it's time to celebrate for all long haired thorfinn fans, IT'S BACK he have long hair again

Second thing OMG THE SHIP IS SAILING, HE SAID YES TO GUDRID (most likely)

Third wow six ships, impressive what the heck happened, the journey was so impressive that it needed a timeskip :lmao also thorfinn got new scars 🤔

Anyways his sister was so hilarious thus chapter, her brother stealing siggy wife still paranoid her (tho it isn't technically stealing)
And man siggy pals are true bros, siggy is the unluckies luckies guy in this manga, he go through slavery and other shit but in the end he comes out totally fine and with nothing lost more like gained

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Wow Thorfinn looks so badass in this panel

Yalva looked so freaking awesome in that panel,warrior girl,i am pretty sure she is even more dangerous than Thorfinn himself. :XD

I never expected that we will see a timeskip but anyway want to see what Thorfinn did in last 2 years.Gudrid and Thorfinn looks so cute together.Great couple.

I bet they will go on a journey soon.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
If Ylva had been in Thorfinn's place, she'd have saved Thors. She'd break the whole darn plot.:cheez And if not allowed so, she'd at least have killed her uncle, Canute, and then atop it all become the glorious and much feared Valkyrie of the Jomsvikings that even Floki would submit to.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Uhhh, if these "fruits" that are mentioned on the last page mean Thorfinn has already been to Vinland after this timeskip and it happened offscreen, I'm going to be pretty disappointed...

At least, I'm not sure what that could be in reference to, or why there would be a timeskip at this point.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I guess it's possible that he hasn't ventured West yet and this is post-Greece. I always forget if that was still going to be a thing after the Baltic Sear War broke out.

If that's the case I'd still be somewhat disappointed, but at least somewhat relieved, I guess.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Can't possibly be that he's already been to Vinland, that would just be the worst story development. More likely the latter, in that case.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I doubt they went to Vinland already,if they had gone there then Snorri-the son of Thorfinn and Gudrid would have been with them but as he is not there so we can assume that they haven't gone there yet.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I doubt they went to Vinland already,if they had gone there then Snorri-the son of Thorfinn and Gudrid would have been with them but as he is not there so we can assume that they haven't gone there yet.
If Snorri was with them it'd likely be the end of the manga. :XD We can't rely too much on historical accounts like that though, since they barely factor into the story. If they did Thorfinn wouldn't have even met Gudrid before going to Greenland.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Doubt they've went to Vinland yet. I did like Sigurd's exit, and I'm glad Thorfinn will finally get to reunite with his family.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Wow, well that was rather unexpected. Still was hoping to hear more about Thorfinn's exploits though.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I enjoyed Thorfinn's reunion with his sister, and Karli was adorable. I'm a little sad we didn't get to see Thorfinn and Gudrid grow closer, or the growth of his fleet, but their wedding was great.