Art - Volume Cover and Official Art Thread | Page 66 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rey151203

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Holy shit, this existed? And you kept quiet about this?? Certified Bruh moment
Yes, that's why I say lancelot power not come for training

And possibly gawain dont have a power up currently

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany

It's the first databook, I wouldn't put too much weight on it since it likely only covers the events until the timeskip. These things can change rather rapidly (although some personal things like Gawain being the heavy eater in the group likely will never change).

It is cool info nonetheless! My Spanish is bad so I can't read all of that but some details are nice (and funny)

Redpercy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Holy shit, this existed? And you kept quiet about this?? Certified Bruh moment
I thought it would be translated sooner or later, so I thought there was no need to rush and publish this, especially since it is in Spanish and there are some unclear paragraphs.

I'm not sure about this
Tristan puts in more effort, but Lancelot also puts in a lot of effort, and he also has mind-reading and Ban's genes, which should be even better than Meliodas' genes in terms of raw power, and he is smarter, so he mostly trains better.
Perhaps he also Awaken some super OP magical power during his disappearance

So Lancelot's development may be the result of effort, intelligence, and perhaps fate

Tristan on the other hand is a blind effort

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I thought it would be translated sooner or later, so I thought there was no need to rush and publish this, especially since it is in Spanish and there are some unclear paragraphs.

I'm not sure about this
Tristan puts in more effort, but Lancelot also puts in a lot of effort, and he also has mind-reading and Ban's genes, which should be even better than Meliodas' genes in terms of raw power, and he is smarter, so he mostly trains better.

So Lancelot's development may be the result of effort, intelligence, and perhaps fate

It's the first databook, I wouldn't put too much weight on it since it likely only covers the events until the timeskip. These things can change rather rapidly (although some personal things like Gawain being the heavy eater in the group likely will never change).

It is cool info nonetheless! My Spanish is bad so I can't read all of that but some details are nice (and funny)

Spanish has some similarities to French so it's not hard to identify certain words.

From right to left I think it's:
  • Physical strength.
  • Positiveness.
  • Popularity.
  • Biggest eater.
  • Best singer.
  • Mental strength.
  • Best hygiene I think?
  • Sociability.
  • Hardest worker.
  • Funniest.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not sure about this

At least Tristan has his ambidexterity to make Lance effort and that also requires constant effort and polish to remain equally sharp with both hands. This aspect is already shown to pay off, no matter how slight.

It's also worded in a very general way. Gawain for example experiments with magic all by herself, we don't see anyone else do that, So she evidently isn't lazy either, it's just a matter of perspective and application. Each in their own way is doing something he or she is good at and the others aren't. This is why I am so convinced that bottom line they all will be able to play in the same ballpark but with vastly different strengths and affinities.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It doesn't make sense to say that Lancelot doesn't train. Even if he got some mysterious power up, his insight and technique are the results of training. He is also known to be a perfectionist.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Spanish has some similarities to French so it's not hard to identify certain words.

From right to left I think it's:
  • Physical strength.
  • Positiveness.
  • Popularity.
  • Biggest eater.
  • Best singer.
  • Mental strength.
  • Best hygiene I think?
  • Sociability.
  • Hardest worker.
  • Funniest.
Nice! I figured out some of these myself, like the singing one and also the eating and mental strength one. Too bad the written paragraphs are so small, I can't make out much from those. The hygiene thing likely refers to tidiness? Like cleaning up room/camp and so on. I don't think they talk about body hygiene...

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I didn't say that he didn't train, I just said that his current level of power certainly doesn't come from only training, but rather from the properties of the hazy moon(the absorption and conversion of magical attacks into power for lancelot)

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It doesn't make sense to say that Lancelot doesn't train. Even if he got some mysterious power up, his insight and technique are the results of training. He is also known to be a perfectionist.
Yeah, this should be a no-brainer. He wouldn't have survived being in that place where he met the Lady of the Lake in the first place if he had remained the spoiled child Jericho called him at the time. He obviously also put in effort.

But I guess this also ties in with how enthusiastic the characters are about it as well. Lancelot strikes me as someone who sees physical and mental improvement as something very pragmatic while Tristan likely sees it as his knightly duty and that of a royal prince and thus goes about it with a lot of zeal. Gawain probably doesn't train much on the physical side because she is arrogant as fuck and the magic thing is to satisfy her morbid curiosity. Percival is just..... Percival.

Redpercy

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I translated some sentences (just my personal translation, so it may not be accurate)

Who sings better?
“It is said that Gawain recites poems, but Lancelot never sings in public.”

Who has a better sense of humor?
Percival and Lancelot are very playful and funny and make a very wonderful duo
As for Tristan, his jokes make only Isolde laugh

Who is mentally strong?
Of the four, Lancelot is the most idealistic, even when a powerful enemy attacks or an unexpected event occurs.

Who likes cleaning?
First place goes to the prince of the kingdom, Tristan!
If Percival had her own room, it would always be a mess

Who is in better physical condition?
Lancelot whose power is recognized even by Meliodas himself is the clear winner
As for Percival, his unknown strength was expected to exist in the future

Who is more sociable?
Percival is the undisputed first person, gets along well with everyone, and can even talk to demons.
Lancelot does not like people, but he is a good communicator.

Who is the most positive?
Percival who doesn't care about the small things
On the other hand, serious Tristan seems to have a lot of problems

Who tries harder?
Tristan never gives up
His strength is a result of his daily efforts

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I translated some sentences (just my personal translation, so it may not be accurate)

Who sings better?

Who is mentally strong?
Of the four, Lancelot is the most idealistic, even when a powerful enemy attacks or an unexpected event occurs.

Who likes cleaning?

Who is more sociable?
Percival is the undisputed first person, gets along well with everyone, and can even talk to demons.

Who tries harder?
Tristan never gives up
Paragraph two may be the saddest thing I ever read haha

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
now i agree with tristan lol

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Do you guys think that the pairings followed a breeding guide or something? :lmao

Redpercy

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I talk just about raw physical strength

I'm not saying that Ban seems stronger overall, but he seems better (not much, they still in the same level physically) to me in terms of raw physical strength after purgatory
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Do you guys think that the pairings followed a breeding guide or something? :lmao
Maybe, who know 😆😆😆
--- Double Post Merged, ---

now i agree with tristan lol
I don't think what you said was that bad
After Purgatory, Meliodas and Ban seemed to me to be on the same level when it came to physical strength, and Ban even had better feats since Meliodas also relied on magic.
And in the Grand Cross Sins charts (all of them except Escanor) they state that Ban is first when it comes to "physical strength" (the release date of this corresponds to Chapter 311).

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Unless you are a Mage if you aren't a low level fighter you usually have superhuman strength. Race matters too. Giants used to be the strongest physically but it‘s a race that Nakaba handled terribly(they are at low level). I can't see Ban having more physical strength than Meliodas. He should be faster but not stronger, as it's always been. There are no clear parameters.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
It the fan book, in a paragraph that was about the arrangement of the 4koa in various matters.
It is normal that you may have never seen it because there is no English translation for it, and the only translation i found for it is Spanish on a page on Facebook called Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Enzo.

I'm not sure about this

Some of us can read Spanish and use dictionaries for what isn't clear. The text looks clear enough so long as the reader tells the differences in nuancing between some words.
Say what, now?!? I do know Meliodas and Ban didn't stop competing for that.. their sons are born literally 3-4 days apart...but breeding guide?! No more dystopia for you, mr!!!

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
And in the Grand Cross Sins charts (all of them except Escanor) they state that Ban is first when it comes to "physical strength" (the release date of this corresponds to Chapter 311).
And this is canon? Nakaba said that? Have others charts?,

And this probably in the grand cross story, which should have been in the first season, so no

Last edited:

Redpercy

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Some of us can read Spanish and use dictionaries for what isn't clear. The text looks clear enough so long as the reader tells the differences in nuancing between some words.
Does it seem clear to you?
The right side is not clear to me, otherwise I would have tried to translate it a long time ago (I even tried, but I really can't see the right half except for the first paragraph of it)
So I gave up on the idea of doing this and waited for someone else (who have the raw) to do it

Unless you are a Mage if you aren't a low level fighter you usually have superhuman strength. Race matters too. Giants used to be the strongest physically but it‘s a race that Nakaba handled terribly(they are at low level). I can't see Ban having more physical strength than Meliodas. He should be faster but not stronger, as it's always been. There are no clear parameters.
I think you underestimate Ban's physical strength a lot. His genes have adapted to the most difficult and dangerous places in purgatory.
So much so that the SD itself recognized his strength
It seems to me that he and Meliodas are on the same level, and even if I was inclined to outperform one of them, I think that Ban had better feats in the field of "raw physical strength".

And this is canon? Nakaba said that? Have others charts?,

And this probably in the grand cross story, which should have been in the first season, so no
Maybe but i don't think it has anything to do with the beginning of the story because at the beginning of the story, Dian had the biggest PL among the Sins when it came to physical "strength" (around 1800), and then Meliodas and Ban with slight differences (around 900).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Are these pages also something you do not know about or do you know about them? (it personal translation so is not accurate)

Question: Gawain, I think her birth will also be revealed in the future but for now, there are indications that there may be a relationship between Gawain and Escanor. He initially appears in a larger form, but is the smaller form essentially his true form?

Nakaba Sensei: In other words, yes. Physically, he is the same size as Percival. It does not become smaller, but rather grows through the accumulation of force

What distinguishes her is that she cries a lot when she loses a fight.

Nakaba sensei: It was difficult to describe the four members of Team Percival, but it was also difficult to balance the four Apocalypse. Tristan is a kind-hearted guy, Lancelot is so wonderful and knows how to organize things well, and Percival is reliable.
But what should we do with the remaining Gawain? He could be a very powerful person, but I think it would be interesting to include someone who is a little harder to control. Now that Percival is an honor student with good manners, it feels inferior (lol). I also like Gawain's selfish character, and I think I was able to bring out a childlike character that was different from Percival's.

Question: About Arthur, I was surprised by how much he's changed since the last movie. Was there any incident that made him change so much?

Nakaba sensei: I think there might have been some trigger.
Readers were also surprised, saying: "Why did it change like this?" This part will be explained in detail in the future.
I had already thought about changing Arthur radically in the previous work.

Last edited:

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Who sings better?

Who is mentally strong?

Who likes cleaning?

Who is more sociable?

Who tries harder?
Tristan never gives up
I would say "unflappable" or "unflinching" about Lancelot, not "idealistic", in the "Mental strength" corner. The paragraph is about their attitudes towards conflict and opponents, not life philosophies(and there Percy takes the cake as a true blue idealist). And I think with Tristan in the "Positivity", the phrasing "Tristan seems to be the most troubled" flows better in English. He's not as plagued event-wise as Lancelot who went MIA for 3 years, so feeling/being troubled covers inner drama better than "having trouble/problems"...which is much more of an external approach.
Also,
"Tristan never stops training to become stronger, so I think his power is the result of his daily/sustained efforts" in the "Who tries harder" section.
This( following) section is telling and scary.
Popularity
1. Tristan, you're a prince!/He's a prince! Isolde is not the only one in love with Tristan( Guess now we know he has droves of fangirls who are likely the ones who put Isolde in the dumps about fashion and looks...and here I'd thought her only rivals are Chion and Kulumil and that Percy was the most popular, what with Anne, Nasiens and Rose on count.)
2. Lancelot has multiple secret admirers.(Yeah, one of them has no business being there...Shoo, shoo, find someone your own age!)
Who's the biggest eater?
Gawain is gluttonous/a gutbucket(in Spanish it looked like slang was being used) by nature, but when it comes to pudding, she's got room enough for a barrelful of it.

Hope it's obvious that the stuff in brackets are my own reactions.
Does it seem clear to you?
The right side is not clear to me, otherwise I would have tried to translate it a long time ago (I even tried, but I really can't see the right half except for the first paragraph of it)
So I gave up on the idea of doing this and waited for someone else (who have the raw) to do it
Idk, I only missed a conjunction or preposition here and there. The single letter words.

Last edited: