Art - Volume Cover and Official Art Thread | Page 68 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rey151203

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Wait, what about the 4 evils page? That one was clearly unfinished

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Damn, the remaining mystery knight is huge. Isn't Ironside above 1,80 m in height? Bertolepe is at least half a head taller than him and even he is dwarved by the unknown "white" knight. Guy (or girl) gotta be well above 2,00 meters. Not that those are big numbers considering some of the freak builds even baseline humans have in this universe but seeing them side by side makes it so glaringly obvious.

If that person turns out to be Tristan's opponent and Tris suffers from his dad's midget genetics, it will look rather hilarious.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I keep saying that among the four he has the greatest potential to turn into a temporary antagonist, but people prefer Evil Lancelot theories :catshrug.

Don't know why the page with Lancelot and Gawain from the two series didn't load on my phone. That's cool.
To me those lines prove that he's the 2nd unlikeliest to become an antagonist(after Purity incarnated Percy, of course), his anger is based in the creed that one should fulfill their promises and oaths and it makes sense, it goes perfectly with his experience with his parents' past( he was shown how they went through 3000 years of agony to fulfill their one promise and likely they also raised him to believe in keeping his word), and his dread at his darker, demonic inheritance(his grandfather used to cast soul-stripping curses, his father went a little bit too hard on getting his hands dirty for the sake of said promise between himself and Elizabeth, his own reason disconnects from his expression and actions when in DM)...it's Tristan stating the difference between himself and Percy. While Percy gave up, Tristan might've stepped into a stage of his life where he's working and fighting so hard his peers might fear he would burn himself out. It even sets the contrast between himself and Lancelot. Lancelot is more relaxed and casual when fighting and training, Tristan is high strung and intense.
And while Lancelot closed off for a while(2 months, 2 years, whichever), I believe Tristan took on even more work...this would also bring in more work and incentives to mature (further) for those who were( growing) close to him, Isolde, Chion, Gawain. Besides, Lancelot's contact with Percy and his platoon for the time they traveled together and his interaction with various peers of Arthur's could make him look for the middle ground( remember, from the "good guys"' pov, the Knights' themes are the opposite of the traditional ones Arthur's camp claims they have). So even if he's to "betray", I suspect it would be for the sake of bridging the gap and finding a solution that would both make Percy proud, and save all those he cares about, in a better way than open war does. :catshrug
Which, btw, means that Tristan's theme is to revolve around healing...purifying...something like that...and maybe Gawain's is bounty/abundence(she's gifted, so that works)

Also, one-shot still means one attack and you can't come back to fight. Please stop stirring up my PTSD at facing off heavy cashers in mmorpg pvp :twitch

Last edited:

Redpercy

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
To me those lines prove that he's the 2nd unlikeliest to become an antagonist(after Purity incarnated Percy, of course), his anger is based in the creed that one should fulfill their promises and oaths and it makes sense, it goes perfectly with his experience with his parents' past( he was shown how they went through 3000 years of agony to fulfill their one promise and likely they also raised him to believe in keeping his word), and his dread at his darker, demonic inheritance(his grandfather used to cast soul-stripping curses, his father went a little bit too hard on getting his hands dirty for the sake of said promise between himself and Elizabeth, his own reason disconnects from his expression and actions when in DM)...it's Tristan stating the difference between himself and Percy. While Percy gave up, Tristan might've stepped into a stage of his life where he's working and fighting so hard his peers might fear he would burn himself out. It even sets the contrast between himself and Lancelot. Lancelot is more relaxed and casual when fighting and training, Tristan is high strung and intense.
And while Lancelot closed off for a while(2 months, 2 years, whichever), I believe Tristan took on even more work...this would also bring in more work and incentives to mature (further) for those who were( growing) close to him, Isolde, Chion, Gawain. Besides, Lancelot's contact with Percy and his platoon for the time they traveled together and his interaction with various peers of Arthur's could make him look for the middle ground( remember, from the "good guys"' pov, the Knights' themes are the opposite of the traditional ones Arthur's camp claims they have). So even if he's to "betray", I suspect it would be for the sake of bridging the gap and finding a solution that would both make Percy proud, and save all those he cares about, in a better way than open war does. :catshrug
Which, btw, means that Tristan's theme is to revolve around healing...purifying...something like that...and maybe Gawain's is bounty/abundence(she's gifted, so that works)

Also, one-shot still means one attack and you can't come back to fight. Please stop stirring up my PTSD at facing off heavy cashers in mmorpg pvp :twitch
I can't agree with you to be honest.

The fact that Lancelot is sad about the loss of Percival (but this does not mean that he shut himself away for two months, two years, etc... as you say) only confirms the extent of Lancelot's pride in his companions and his concern for him, so i do not see how this could make him turn evil side with the person who hurt his dears peoples

*I don't think any of the 4koa will join Arthur (there's little doubt with Gawain if Arthur have something to pressure her). *

Lancelot's sadness for Percival death does not mean that he is lax or defeatist, it just shows that Percival was very dear to his heart.

And it seems that all the 4koa didn't do anything significant in the previous two years, and according to what the Chaos Knights say, the Sins stell the mainly defended Britannia during this period and no one talk about the knights of prophecy yet, so i don't see how you concluded that some of them locked themself in their room while the others developed and fight 🤔🤔

+ According to Gowther's words, it seems that Percival's Platoon are the most interested in entering Camelot and fight the Chaos Knights and save the peoples than other KOAs, and the rest of the characters currently.

But given that Tristan seems very angry and disappointed towards Percival, in addition to his problems controlling his demon side, i think (just theory) it is possible for him to turn into antagonist for a while and not antagonist on Arthur's side, but antagonist because he will be a knight of prophecy who is extreme and agitated by anger and bad feelings.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Damn, the remaining mystery knight is huge. Isn't Ironside above 1,80 m in height? Bertolepe is at least half a head taller than him and even he is dwarved by the unknown "white" knight. Guy (or girl) gotta be well above 2,00 meters. Not that those are big numbers considering some of the freak builds even baseline humans have in this universe but seeing them side by side makes it so glaringly obvious.

If that person turns out to be Tristan's opponent and Tris suffers from his dad's midget genetics, it will look rather hilarious.
Tristan is already taller than Meliodas. He definitely didn't inherit from his dad when it comes to height(Meliodas's growth is strange to begin with).

Tristan is a straitlaced guy. He is saying that Percival betrayed his father's trust by leaving like that. I said before that I think he is the most likely to become a temporary antagonist because of his Demon powers and negative emotions. In this same arc he told Chion to shut up and that they would defeat Arthur because that's their duty. Antagonist or not, I can see a potential conflict with Percival once he returns, I wouldn't be surprised if he were the one with the Dragon Handle Percival Sword now. Maybe he named it Meliodas or something :amuse.

Again, I can't believe that Lancelot stayed a NEET for 2 whole years. That's just too much.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Oops, I didn't notice the difference on Tristan's page on the first check. I've included both the magazine and the volume versions as well as a couple of other pages including the one we saw here.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Oops, I didn't notice the difference on Tristan's page on the first check. I've included both the magazine and the volume versions as well as a couple of other pages including the one we saw here.
I know he resembles her, but Tristan looks so much like Elizabeth on the redrawn page that you could tell me that Elizabeth's face was photoshopped on him and I could believe it.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I know he resembles her, but Tristan looks so much like Elizabeth on the redrawn page that you could tell me that Elizabeth's face was photoshopped on him and I could believe it.
He's such a queen, insane

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
The fact that Lancelot is sad about the loss of Percival (but this does not mean that he shut himself away for two months, two years, etc... as you say) only confirms the extent of Lancelot's pride in his companions and his concern for him, so i do not see how this could make him turn evil side with the person who hurt his dears peoples
He was a NEET for a while, his father confirmed it, complete with visual memories of him just sitting in his room, face to the wall, the way depressed people signal through body language that they don't want others talking to them. I don't believe it was for 2 years either, it's just that I can't stop being bothered with the long timeskip and how awkward it's going to make the characterisation from now on. I've debated this before, not doing it again till we can actually see how weird it will be to see the mains with the X or Y development, or without any whatsoever. We already see that Anne and Donny have only developed ability/power-wise, there's no change to their dynamic or their personalities, so there's one point on Nakaba "freezing" their personalities over the 2 years, in a stage of life where people go through the most changes, physically, mentally, emotionally. And I never said he would go "evil", only an antagonist, and even argued that he would do so out of the desire to do good by his loved ones. You're again mixing up concepts. People and characters can make evil mistakes/choices without being inherently or overall evil, and I already mentioned in the post you quoted that he might join Arthur on a solo, self-imposed intel-gathering quest and mission to help his loved ones from the inside. I can see this as his own take on Percy's pov, who he's apparently matched as closest in terms of friendship, or so some of you see it.
Him going solo to try and take matters in his own hands and do something while trying to spare his loved ones of the hurdles still matches his core attitude( the one where he strove to manage Benwick and its defense needs as a child, to make himself useful and prove his worth to his people and Ban), his tendency to isolate himself from his parents during his quest to find and persuade Jericho to come back home, his aloof and self-isolating attitude even back when he was in a better emotional state( with new friends in the PP, and Tristan admiring and respecting him, deeming him his best friend even when competing with him, with the respect and trust of his legendary uncles and adoration of his parents). His choice could parallel Percy's distancing from his loved ones for their sake, but in a different way. He has imperfections to his character, whether you like it or not, and in my opinion having imperfections is good, it makes him more real and believable. And by extension, more likable. As i said, I don't like Gary Stu's. Don't want him to be one.
I can see a potential conflict with Percival once he returns, I wouldn't be surprised if he were the one with the Dragon Handle Percival Sword now. Maybe he named it Meliodas or something :amuse.

Again, I can't believe that Lancelot stayed a NEET for 2 whole years. That's just too much.
By the way Anne and Donny's characters, and even personal dynamic, stayed unchanged for 2 years, they were all NEETs, training in their remote spaces solely to upgrade their powers.
I can see the same argument/confrontation we had between Mel and King once King had his "Captain is a demon" suspicions confirmed happening upon Percy's return, with the event developments in reverse to those of Nanatsu no Taizai. There King started suspecting Mel and questioned Ban, stayed around for the Liones crisis to help everyone and especially Diane, plus stop Helbram, went away for a while and had his separate arc, when he came back confronted Mel in the Istar cave, but fully relented once he saw that Mel was also a pariah to his people and died trying to stop them. But here we have he result of the 2nd Vaizel festival and the anger trigger rolled up into one(because of how the death happened), and so I think they'll merely fight a little once they're reunited, maybe even physically, and give us a show of their latest hierarchic dynamic. But Tristan having a lot of Elizabeth's moral traits, he won't stay angry or distant past that, and Percy is... Percy. We should've had the separate/away arc/s in these 2 years, but we didn't. So strap in for however Nakaba's gonna kick everyone out of the stasis.
Same with the Demon Mode Tristan while fighting Arthur... Nakaba took an image of Mel( forgot from which battle, against Hendy or the TCs), changed the clothes, added one more sword, changed the demon mark and added Elizabeth's long hair. But it's the exact same stance( I recall Mel took it after being attacked into doing the Matrix back bend, just not against whom, it might've been Hendy when he got angry that he "killed" Hawk...not sure), and it's the exact same glare.

Redpercy

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
He was a NEET for a while, his father confirmed it, complete with visual memories of him just sitting in his room, face to the wall, the way depressed people signal through body language that they don't want others talking to them
It was only at the moment of his return home that a very short time had passed since Percival's death, so i see no reason to believe that he continued for a long time after that.

I already mentioned in the post you quoted that he might join Arthur on a solo, self-imposed intel-gathering quest and mission to help his loved ones from the inside
The point here is that there is no convincing reason that justifies anyone cooperating with the person he hates the most, who wants to destroy all of Britannia and eliminate his loved ones.

Lancelot will not benefit from any cooperation with Arthur, especially since Arthur seeks to destroy and eliminate everything that is precious to Lancelot.

whether you like it or not, and in my opinion having imperfections is good, it makes him more real and believable. And by extension, more likable. As i said, I don't like Gary Stu's. Don't want him to be one.
Making mistakes is not the same as joining an enemy that wants to eliminate everything precious that you love but that you will not benefit from

In addition, you rejected the idea of Demonspeed that Tristan would do bad or wrong things, even when he had bigger reasons and a more able personality tendency to fall into darkness, just because you believed that Tristan is a man of principles could not make that mistakes, but now you say that Lancelot should make heinous crimes and mistakes that will benefit him nothing just to not become Gary Stu?

But in the end, you are free to believe what you want, but frankly, i don't see your argument neutral or logical at all.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
It was only at the moment of his return home that a very short time had passed since Percival's death, so i see no reason to believe that he continued for a long time after that.
Read thereply I gave Demonspeed again, I explained to both of you why I think that Lance, Donny AND Anne act like they have been isolated for 2 years, even if I know he must've gone out and done stuff after a while. My point is that he was depressed for enough of a while to upset his father even 2 years later.
The point here is that there is no convincing reason that justifies anyone cooperating with the person he hates the most, who wants to destroy all of Britannia and eliminate his loved ones.

Lancelot will not benefit from any cooperation with Arthur, especially since Arthur seeks to destroy and eliminate everything that is precious to Lancelot.
Getting intel from the inside; being physicially close enough to extract Guinevere and Jericho( he swore he would save both); being physically close enough to twart as much of Artur's plans as possible, should I go on? Of the 4 he is the only one with enough self-control to play a role he doesn't want to.
Making mistakes is not the same as joining an enemy that wants to eliminate everything precious that you love but that you will not benefit from

In addition, you rejected the idea of Demonspeed that Tristan would do bad or wrong things, even when he had bigger reasons and a more able personality tendency to fall into darkness, just because you believed that Tristan is a man of principles could not make that mistakes, but now you say that Lancelot should make heinous crimes and mistakes that will benefit him nothing just to not become Gary Stu?
So Meliodas is evil because he joined Zeldris, Chandler and Cusack and was around them when they were committing huge crimes against the humans of Britannia, sacrificing whomever they were able to catch to the portal meant for the DK?

I don't reject the idea of Tristan making mistakes, or that he's a brat, or that I still need Nakaba to explain why after GoE he's still on the outs with his father and hasn't had him teaching/training him on PoD( though I'm angrier with Meliodas on that one, I still feel like slapping Tristan up the head for various things as well as needing to drag his feet up till someone he loves is in mortal danger or Gawain gave her speech, even though multiple other people he cares about have told or even shown him before that demon darkness is not inherently evil, nor was his father...that's why he craves his approval so much), I see him making mistakes from his own reactions to Meliodas, to how he's letting too many of Chion's bs actions pass and so on.

Reading those lines the way you two did it makes the scene translate like this:
Tristan: YOU BETRAYED PAPA-UE's TRUST!!!...5 minutes latehr...Oh, well, guess I'll go do one even worse.

I reject the interpretation of the scenes we've gotten so far as indicators that Tristan's demon-inherited darkness can destroy his idealistic views of the world, or that his disppointment with Percy can turn him not only against Percy, but against his duty towards Liones and his parents. With Tristan, if he were to fall, it would be for real, but he'd been slipping for a while, and his resistance was in always holding onto his duty towards his loved ones and being part of a team. While Lancelot had been distancing himself from Benwick and his parents since his kidnapping, and learning to put a lid onto his emotions much more easily and casually than the rest. He's used to solo quests and is highly adaptable. I repeat, he's the one who can play a role the best out of the 4. He's the most vindictive of the 4 as well. When he slipped against Morty, it was terrifying. So I can imagine him wanting to get close to Arthur as soon as possible to attempt to take him out. This would be Nakaba switching from the original betrayal from Lancelot( originally a loyal KotRT) through his affair with Guinevere, to him intentionally getting into Arthur's entourage to shank him over all the harm he's done Percy, Jericho, Gwen and everyone else.

Last edited:

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany

Do you know what a double agent is?

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Should've said it like this, thanks for gutting to the chase.
No worries. I just thought "what Undina describes is very similar to what the work of political double agents entails" and went with that.

If you look back at NNT, Gilthunder during the first major arc of the manga fit that situation very closely as well. He put his life on the line multiple times and even engaged in a battle with Meliodas with the intent to kill and by putting his full trust in him he held out until the very last second before he turned and actually attacked Hendrickson.

Similarely, although Lancelot may hate doing it and also not gaining any personal benefit from it, due to circumstance - such as protecting a greater good - he may be forced into pursuing a similar role and playing it convincingly.

A double agent doesn't merely play at pretend. If push comes to shove, this role may entail taking actions (or omitting some) that can actually cost the life of the true ally. All just to keep up appearances and protect the mission. It is not an unrealistic scenario to even assume that under said guise, Lancelot may be forced to kill his father in a fight if it means gaining something crucial in the long run (such as protecting Guinevere. Or Britania as a whole).

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
A double agent doesn't merely play at pretend. If push comes to shove, this role may entail taking actions (or omitting some) that can actually cost the life of the true ally. All just to keep up appearances and protect the mission. It is not an unrealistic scenario to even assume that under said guise, Lancelot may be forced to kill his father in a fight if it means gaining something crucial in the long run (such as protecting Guinevere. Or Britania as a whole).
I've been trying to find the angle from which that vision is possible enough to scare Guinevere senseless, but also for Guin to start trying to help them as well. Arthur not being romantically interested in her would leave enough room for her and Lance to get in contact sooner and more often and for her to warn him, if Gawain is not a possible route and she's in Annwfn. The spearman in the vision could also be his "clone", but I'm iffy about him already existing. And the need for callousness is why I think Lance is the only option, Gawain is arrogant on he surface, but much softer inside, and too traumatised by Arthur to properly face him on such a quest. She's better off figuring her past by looking for Merlin. Tristan is unstable in demon mode, but still too clingy onto his self-righteousness, Percy's on timeout. And lance is vindictive. And Arthur might recognise him/his game but still enjoy playing the game with him from up close :catshrug

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I've been trying to find the angle from which that vision is possible enough to scare Guinevere senseless, but also for Guin to start trying to help them as well. Arthur not being romantically interested in her would leave enough room for her and Lance to get in contact sooner and more often and for her to warn him, if Gawain is not a possible route and she's in Annwfn. The spearman in the vision could also be his "clone", but I'm iffy about him already existing. And the need for callousness is why I think Lance is the only option, Gawain is arrogant on he surface, but much softer inside, and too traumatised by Arthur to properly face him on such a quest. She's better off figuring her past by looking for Merlin. Tristan is unstable in demon mode, but still too clingy onto his self-righteousness, Percy's on timeout. And lance is vindictive. And Arthur might recognise him/his game but still enjoy playing the game with him from up close :catshrug
I think with time more will be revealed about how Arthur actually constructs Camelot and all its wonders and it sure as hell won't just be a magical transference of landmass. It will envolve something on a massive scale that is highly repulsive, abhorrent and amoral. Like, for example, having to use the souls of the dead as a catalyst to bind people to the reanimated people that inhabit Camelot or something of that sort.

Even in the world of NNT there are certain taboos that no-one dares cross and no one should do because they fuck up things on a cosmic level. Such as making every living thing immortal or the contrary, killing everything that is animated including their souls. If Arthur for example were to fuck with the afterlife to populate and maintain his magical fairy land bullshit then that's probably a step too far for even the most neutral of people.

If it is not that, then probably something of comparable magnitude of fucked-up.

EDIT: forgot the most important part of the post, the actual punchline.

The above - or something similar - will surely be a point where the major players in this game, regardless of their previous individual struggles, agendas or political or moral alignments will have to make a decision. Follow that madman king or fight him. Even someone like Gawain who is still at risk to just be roped into Arthur's service if she finds that modicum of personal happiness and selfunderstanding that she so much craves. If she were to learn who her true parents are (presuming it is indeed Merlin and Escanor in a form) and learning that not only the living world but also the afterlife is at risk of fading into nothingness due to Arthur's chaos bullshit then she sure as hell will make up her mind.

The afterlife is a big deal for people anywhere - fictional or real life - for a reason. It is the faith that there will be meaning to your worldly life struggles, that there can be salvation, that there can be safety and peace forever and a second chance; that there is a chance to see lost loved ones again and never lose them again. Imagine having some despot king trying to take even that away from you.

Suddenly borders and countries and races won't matter anymore because it threatens the reality and existence of everything. And I believe that is where the true endgame of 4KotA is headed. It is in the name. Apocalypse on a fundamental level. And Arthur may not even be the final true threat. Here, kitty kitty kitty...

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
By the way Anne and Donny's characters, and even personal dynamic, stayed unchanged for 2 years, they were all NEETs, training in their remote spaces solely to upgrade their powers.
It doesn't make sense for any of them to just stay training for 2 years without taking action. Anne and Donny clearly have more experience as Holy Knights. Timeskips in battle shonen are usually mostly for power ups yes, but I don't see why you'd expect their dynamic to change? Anne and Donny didn't really have a complicated relationship. And there are changes, Donny is a lot more courageous than before, he would have never faced Bertolepe like that two years ago.

I can see the same argument/confrontation we had between Mel and King once King had his "Captain is a demon" suspicions confirmed happening upon Percy's return, with the event developments in reverse to those of Nanatsu no Taizai. There King started suspecting Mel and questioned Ban, stayed around for the Liones crisis to help everyone and especially Diane, plus stop Helbram, went away for a while and had his separate arc, when he came back confronted Mel in the Istar cave, but fully relented once he saw that Mel was also a pariah to his people and died trying to stop them. But here we have he result of the 2nd Vaizel festival and the anger trigger rolled up into one(because of how the death happened), and so I think they'll merely fight a little once they're reunited, maybe even physically, and give us a show of their latest hierarchic dynamic. But Tristan having a lot of Elizabeth's moral traits, he won't stay angry or distant past that, and Percy is... Percy. We should've had the separate/away arc/s in these 2 years, but we didn't. So strap in for however Nakaba's gonna kick everyone out of the stasis.
I don't get why you can say that Tristan can't hold grudges and is able to just forget the past when it took him several years, countless pep talks then one more from Gawain specifically to get over his Nephilim issue and he believes that Meliodas doesn't trust him. Besides physical ressemblance, the only big similarity he has with Elizabeth is that he is kind of an airhead. But yes, it's not something which is going to last once they meet again.

Do you know what a double agent is?
I talked about that possibility before but if it were to happen Lancelot would probably use another persona. He wouldn't openly appear to the others as "Lancelot". It's still less likely than the possibilities with the two others IMO. I have been expecting that kind of scenario anyway(Lancelot using another persona to inflitrate Camelot and meet Guinevere and/or Jericho). The two others can still be used as temporary antagonists for the reasons mentioned before(Tristan's overwhelming PoD and Gawain's ties with Camot). But now I feel like temporary antagonist Gawain is far less likely to happen because it's been teased enough and I feel like it wouldn't fit well considering her development and personality.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I talked about that possibility before but if it were to happen Lancelot would probably use another persona. He wouldn't openly appear to the others as "Lancelot". It's still less likely than the possibilities with the two others IMO. I have been expecting that kind of scenario anyway(Lancelot using another persona to inflitrate Camelot and meet Guinevere and/or Jericho). The two others can still be used as temporary antagonists for the reasons mentioned before(Tristan's overwhelming PoD and Gawain's ties with Camot). But now I feel like temporary antagonist Gawain is far less likely to happen because it's been teased enough and I feel like it wouldn't fit well considering her development and personality.
I don't feel "antagonist" Gawain will happen either, not in the typical sense of the word. However there is a possibility that during the series she may become complacent if Arthur figures out what would make her truly happy. Then she may just lose her drive and be utterly passive. Her giving up on her role and settling for a happy life is arguably worse than being an antagonist because it would utterly sap her will to fight at all. Regardless of her alignment, it would simply take her off the playing field.
Whether that is likely to happen, I don't know. Gawain is arguably still the biggest mystery out of the 4 KotA.