Webcomics and Online Manga | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Webcomics and Online Manga

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Re: The Webcomics thread!

Oh.. So all those I like were already mentioned (Fanboys, VGCats, Real Life, Tomoyo 42's Room and Nana), so I can only add another Dan Kim masterpiece - HH (http://manga.clone-army.org/hh.php) - Parodies famous eroge, like Hitomi My Stepsister and Brave Soul :)

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Eh, I tried your link, but the site was too hard to navigate TT_TT

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i suggest www.welcometohellcomic.com for a pretty fresh new comic with good solid gags. give it a look, it needs the attention

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

In my reading list there are a couple not already listed: MisFile and The Phoenix Requiem, and there were 2 good webcomics already ended Inverloch and Juathuur.

My reading list is: MegaTokyo; MisFile; CTRL-ALT-DEL; The Phoenix Requiem;

Last edited:

mrcongojack

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

One of my all-time favorite webcomics is As Cybertron Turns It ran for about a year and ended in 2004 I think. It was made taking pictures of action figures and revolved around Optimus Prime trying to find a donut or something. I haven't read it in years but it was hilarious.

Yun Min

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'm part of the U.K small press/web comics scene, so there's quite a few comics I read that haven't been mentioned yet.

Rainbow Carousel is a comic drawn by Wyldfowa, a member of Sweatdrop Studios. It's a shounen-ai comic, but more a comic about dealing with teenage life and all the things that it throws at you.

FanDanGo is drawn by Darth Mongoose, who was one of the finalists in the U.K Rsom 3. There's action and fantasy, as well as it being in full colour (well the latter part anyway) and well worth a read.

CLM Training Academy is drawn by wikivic, and is a four panel strip comic. With a cast of amusing charcaters, and some vague sense of a plot, it's random enough to still be silly, but not so random you're wondering what's going on.

Aya.takeo is written by Lloyd R. Penzance and drawn by Sonia Leong. The comics in a fantasy setting, and is only just getting going, but it updates a new full colour page every Sunday. Well worth checking out for the Art alone - Sonia is one of the best freelance manga artists out there, winning second place in Uk RSOM 1, making several Best booklists with her Romeo and Juliet manga, and is also a part of Sweatdrop Studio's.

Webcomic Shorts is a collection of short stories, managed by Willie Hewes and including comics from some of the best upcoming talent in the British manga scene.

Sorry for all my rantings - I'm probably slightly biased towards most of these comics as I'm on quite friendly terms with some of the creators.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

Here's a webcomic my best friend's girlfriend made: http://ashita.smackjeeves.com/ she hasn't updated it in ages though...

EvilGenious

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

hunter71485

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End

Anyone knows the how the DM of the Rings webcomic spoofed the movie? Well, Darths and Droids capitulates on this by spoofing the entire Star Wars franchise. They're up to half of episode 1, in chronological order. The webcomic itself is young, but the storyline is one of the most impeccable I have ever read.

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

www.lfgcomic.com is a WoW comic featuring a comical Undead warlock who hasn't forgotten his frost spells, a goodey two shoes Blood Elf hunter, a well endowed Orc Priestess (i dunno if i should be happy to see them or disgusted. Orcs can't be priests in WoW), and a Scholar Tauren (the class doesn't exist in-game...but his actions suggest that he's actually a warrior)....an odd combination, yet quite compelling! :D

Last edited:

notoriousnougat

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

My must reads are Questionable Content and xkcd.

One of my all time favourites is Vault711, but she rarely updates nowadays. It's full of hilarious slashy Harry Potter related stick comics.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Webcomics and Online Manga - free and legal

*moved to Amateur Manga*

We're not updating the first post anymore, but feel free to recommend webcomics and good online comic reads as well as free and legal amateur comics you can find online. They don't need to be manga style and it's also not important whether it's comic strip, page or chapter releases ;)

doobious

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Everybody everybody - I make a web comic - http://www.drdoobious.com you should all check it out. Eni mentioned in another post that there are sites that reference/host online web comics, can anybody point some out to me? muy thank yous

Waterdroplet

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
I think I wrote in other threads, so I probably don't need to repeat myself, but I create web manga and have hosted on several sites. The link is at the bottom of this post.

Doobious- I know several web manga sites but not specific to web comics. So, I don't know if I can help you there since the page layout is different. Plus most of them are in Japanese so you will need to know it. Only a few bothers to read web manga/comics in English in Japan. In addition, manga that's read left to right. It happened to my English version of manga so don't expect too much good results from showing your work in Japanese sites if your manga/comic is in English. I would just stick with US or international sites.

I use deviantART often for Japanese/English ones. I think it's a good site for posting any sort of art and many MH artists use it. It comes with journal, favorites, and etc. with links you can post in other websites. In addition, you can zoom in and out drawings on your page and etc. People who use it range from tatoo artists, oil painters, photographers, comic/manga artists, CG artists, or people who simply love to draw. It's a good place to know artists from across the globe. There are a lot more sites out there, but I think I like deviantART the best since it's really organized. You can rearrange pages yourself, and some people sell their art works through it. There are occassional contests there, and I once tried out for one that gave you a free copy of nintendo game. I lost but it was a good opportunity to practice pop art for the first time :p

Oh, and one more. Create a blog or on-line journals then you can host your comic there too. I did that for the first manga and have created valuable blog mates who help me on certain manga topic and random stuff such as which month will the gas prices go up. Or yummy restaurant deals. Just remember that not all readers are interested in reading comics so write about other topics as well. If you aren't sure about which blog site to use, just type in blog in google and pick the one that seems to have most members or on top in the list. If you want to have more readers, visit other people in the blog site or write about current hot topics (films, books, events, games, etc.) that would trigger more people to come to your site. I write at least one entry almost everyday and revise it later. It helps you to find out what to say and not to say to keep your readers interested.

Other than that, I basically write a collection of stupid ideas and random daydreams I have (mainly ahem... food). In addition, never ending everyday happenings that seem to result from my clumsiness:

"#$'#($'#!!!"​

Waterdroplet's threads in MH for original manga:

I have several sections devoted to my manga in MH (bilingual/English/Japanese only):
TLOF Chapter 1 (~1.5 years after I first started)
TLOF Chapter 2 (~2 years after I first started)
Project A (Recent ones in Japanese)
Random Manga (really)
Waterdrolet's Gallery

Last edited:

digital tofu

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my new project, TOFU COMICS. I hope everybody enjoys it! Tell your friends

delta2cain1

Reaction score
Country
United States
http://abstrusegoose.com/ it pretty nice .... its a fresh one and one more thing please please dont compare it to xkcd you will spoil all the fun

zerocharisma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.schlockmercenary.com

Eight years and going strong.

An example of some of the rules the Mercenaries live by:

1. Pillage, then burn.
6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
8. Mockery and derision have their place. Usually, it's on the far side of the airlock.
34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'

snicker.fudge

Reaction score
Country
United States
For those of you who like Something Positive, there's Queen of Wands. That's comic has been completed, but there's a sequel, Punch an' Pie.
Also, a really good one I've found is Girls with Slingshots. All of these have slightly adult themes (heavy drinking, references to sex, etc.), just so you're warned (i.e. I don't want any "oh my God, I can't believe you subjected me to that!" crap).

One I've recently discovered, and am working my way through, is Errant Story. It's done in a manga style, and looks pretty good so far.

Someone's already mentioned some of the Snafu comics, but all of his are pretty good. His BunnyWith comics are slightly, uh, morbid... But still good.