Webcomics and Online Manga | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Webcomics and Online Manga

ankou

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks Krasimir! I sent you a PM in regards with your reply

TitaniumChloride

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
It's only starting it's 2nd chapter last week or so, but Steampunk Soiree is a promising webcomic with a slight manga-y style.

UNICOMICS

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://theweeklythonk.tumblr.com/

Not sure if your allowed to say but, this is my webcomic -and hopefully with enough interest maybe publishing it- its called Thonk! the idea of it is based on random events of what happens in my life or around it, things that happen in the news of the movie, manga, anime, comics and video games. its on its 50th page and I am very soon doing a 24 hour comic thing to celebrate it and such so you guys can drop by have a look the links on there are directed to my DA so I hope you enjoy it and such

sageNITO

Reaction score
Country
Gibraltar
Hi,

The amature manga I´m representing is mine and I hope you guys don´t mind. If you want to see my work and let me know what you think go to this link.

http://missyet.deviantart.com/gallery/28902397

Alright, here's where you can discuss, recommend, or discover webcomics. Which is your favourite? Have you found a hidden gem few know about? Tell us!

I'll make a list here in the first post, so if you provide a link, a genre and a short description, I can add it in here.

[eni]We're not updating the first post anymore, but feel free to recommend webcomics and good online comic reads as well as free and legal amateur comics you can find online. They don't need to be manga style and it's also not important whether it's comic strip, page or chapter releases ;)[/eni]

MH recommends:

Gag-a-day Comics (pure and simple, a short strip, one joke a day)

Penny Arcade - The most famous webcomic of them all, Penny Arcade is a gamer comic with great timing and hilarious jokes.

Gags with continunity Comics (this is the middle ground, it's usually a rather short strip with a joke at the end, but it also has character development and that jazz)

Questionable Content - Indie rockers that hang out at a coffee bar, making intelligent puns, and have intricate love triangles.
Applegeeks - This is a beautifully drawn comic about guys who.. well, loves Macs. :amuse There's also a hot robot girl, and an evil squirrel, btw...

Story-driven Comics (these are the longer, heavier comics that have complex stories and more advanced art (that doesn't elliminate the jokes, though).)

Dominic Deegan - Great fantasy comic about a seer and his family. It has it all, good art, great characters, love, hate, friendship, drama, and a high pun precentage. Defintely worth a read.
Dr. McNinja - The title says it all, doesn't it? He's a ninja, who is ALSO a doctor! How ultimate is that? I know, it sounds like it just plays on various internet memes, but it doesn't fall into that trap, and the art, composistion and layout are what you would find in a store-bought comic (both are educated artists, and the inker works for Black Horse). It also has a gorilla, an evil corporate mime, a giant lumberjack, and raptor-riding bandidos, amongst other things...

Last edited by a moderator:

mikamika

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
It's by no means an amateurs work, but since it's about webcomics as well and that's the closest it gets, I'd like to recommend The Wormworld Saga,mostly for its art since the story isn't far yet with only four chapters.

PurabPatel555

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here's a great chemistry-themed Webcomic by one of my friends:

Updates every Monday! (generally)