Shounen - [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok

POW

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
119 is out .

Enjuu's personality shift was pretty severe with that ominous comment about wanting to save Dongate as a last resort....that means she will target Taebin first. I'm guessing she is gonna come back with a new look.

Dongtae promising to keep the Dice from disappearing makes him the direct contrast to Enjuu who wants to eliminate them.

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well... I guess Dongtae promising he would ensure Dice stay "so don't call yourself ugly or fake again!" means he has sorta accepted dating Mio?

And Dongtae, Mio and Dawn should totally share information on the fact that you can get the A-rank dice without the owner dying and tell Eunju before she starts a killing rampage.

Zoofranz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Well... I guess Dongtae promising he would ensure Dice stay "so don't call yourself ugly or fake again!" means he has sorta accepted dating Mio
Not only that, when I first that line that I thought "wow Dongtae basically said I will kill Eunju if that's necesary as long as you can keep feeling pretty" :P

hbehind

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all! I'm new to the forum, although I've been reading it for several months. Hope we get along well :)

I think Dongtae's answer implies he is going to oppose to the 'greedy' A-rankers the best he can. These are at least Moyung/Taebin and Eunju, but I don't think he will fight them for taking their dices unless confronted in a live or death situation. He is not interesested in the S-rank dice, neither is Mio. Although they have not been clever regarding the consequences of playing X games, they remained morally sane.

Eunjuu's situation is more complex: She doesn't like X games, but has been forced into playing and desires to change the situation. She moved from denying dice to decide getting rid of every other ranker to destroy them. Even if she leaves Dongtae until the last moment, she already has decide to take down all the other rankers to achieve her goal, including Mio and Dongtae, who didn't harm her at all: All her morals have been subdued to her goal, although I believe this is due to the shock she faced during the school fight quest and her hidden issues, which the author showed has suggested but never exposed clearly.

And there are still several A-rankers around whose abilities, identities and goals are still unknown...

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here we go 120 is out!

Dongtae's plan is pretty much as I predicted but X seems dissatisfied with his plan which may mean there is something to it.

I think the entire game is probably rigged against them anyways because X actually needs something from the dicers that gives the final Die its power. The purpose of the S ranker challenging X is for X to take that something from them.

The final die probably doesn't give you the direct power to change the world but the ability to share its power and manipulate people thus change the world. It probably feeds off of human willpower.

kusiobache

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Here we go 120 is out!

Dongtae's plan is pretty much as I predicted but X seems dissatisfied with his plan which may mean there is something to it.

I think the entire game is probably rigged against them anyways because X actually needs something from the dicers that gives the final Die its power. The purpose of the S ranker challenging X is for X to take that something from them.

The final die probably doesn't give you the direct power to change the world but the ability to share its power and manipulate people thus change the world. It probably feeds off of human willpower.
See, I am confused on that. It seemed to me that the Final Die's power is used to make the dice that are distributed to everyone, thus weakening it (Also weakens X in the fight against the S ranker(s) perhaps). In that case, though, why would X give people dice -- he should keep the power for himself. Unless maybe the Final Die gets weaker over time (or stronger overtime the power returns, perhaps feeding off willpower like you said), so he needs to distribute dice. Of course, he's a kid and may just be getting bored (I somewhat doubt he is really a kid though; if he is, he should at least be a genius or something -- I'm not commenting on who he may have been before getting the Final Die, though), but since he seemed to be done playing before Taebin suggested 16 A rankers, I doubt that's the case. Likely there is some other motivation that we either don't know or I can't think of.

Regarding X being dissatisfied with Dongtae's plan... well, if his plan works on he protects the A rankers, there will be no S ranker. X wants an S-ranker (or two) to beat, so of course he won't like DongTae's plan. If X is indeed the person who designs the games (I'm beginning to suspect he may not be), then it should be easy for him to screw up DongTae's plan...

Zoofranz

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this but does anybody know if there's an active Dice RP going on in any site/forum?

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this but does anybody know if there's an active Dice RP going on in any site/forum?
Are you referring to a Role Playing Game? I doubt something like this exists. DICE is not popular enough, at least outside of South Korea.

For all the other DICE followers -> Season 02 ended and it seems that DICE is on hiatus for an indefinite period of time. Maybe kendama has more information to share with us.

Zoofranz

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Are you referring to a Role Playing Game? I doubt something like this exists. DICE is not popular enough, at least outside of South Korea.

For all the other DICE followers -> Season 02 ended and it seems that DICE is on hiatus for an indefinite period of time. Maybe kendama has more information to share with us.
I google'd and got some results but unless I'm browsing the forums incorrectly they are all inactive now.

About season, 3, there was an update a couple of weeks ago translated by dicescans

Update on Season 3
Thank you for sending me that author's note- I'm in a rush right now so I'll come back and edit the post to include a proper translation, but the gist of it is:

-Thank your readers
-Season 2 is over (though author expresses a somewhat incomplete feeling about it)
-Working on season 3
-The first installment of season 3 will be out before the end of the year.

Send me anything DICE- related and I'll gladly translate it!

Happy early thanksgiving
Jin
---------- Post added December 19, 2015 at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was November 26, 2015 at 01:16 PM ----------

Okay, after watching the new Dice for the fourth time I realized the possible meaning of the name of the song: GOODBYE Juliet. The author can't do this to me right? RIGHT? Someone hold me and tell me it's not gonna happen, please. Or at least, can he at least wait until after Christmas for this? :scry:scry:scry

kendama

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
Okay, after watching the new Dice for the fourth time I realized the possible meaning of the name of the song: GOODBYE Juliet. The author can't do this to me right? RIGHT? Someone hold me and tell me it's not gonna happen, please. Or at least, can he at least wait until after Christmas for this? :scry:scry:scry
Oh, come on, I was the first to see the Death Flag on her head many months ago, in this very forum. By the end of season 02, a great many people were saying the same everywhere, why are you worried about it now? Granted, putting Shakespeare's best known heroine's name in the title of a video featuring Mio is not exactly subtle, since we all know how that story ended, but even without that song it is very clear to me where this series is headed.

… or not. The author may just be trolling Mio-Dongtae shippers XD

In any case, if you haven't checked our Updates page, chapter 121 is typeset, now it's up to our redrawer. There are only five redraws, but one of them is the hardest yet for this series, so I'm not very confident we will make an early week release.

Here's a spoiler:

The chapter is about X's past, and we find out what wish he made to the Final Die.

Have a happy New Year!

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally Ch 121 and we get see the GM's backstory.

That flower game is probably the Rose of Sharon hide and go seek game .

The DICE game is rigged for his childlike entertainment. I wonder if the DICE itself has a motive that even the GM doesn't know.

Zoofranz

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Oh, come on, I was the first to see the Death Flag on her head many months ago, in this very forum. By the end of season 02, a great many people were saying the same everywhere, why are you worried about it now? Granted, putting Shakespeare's best known heroine's name in the title of a video featuring Mio is not exactly subtle, since we all know how that story ended, but even without that song it is very clear to me where this series is headed.

… or not. The author may just be trolling Mio-Dongtae shippers XD
Oh I know, and I think I took part in those discussions at least once, if not here somewhere else, but I thought that Mio's death would be used as a dramatic setup for the last fight or something like that. If he's not trolling this could be a way of saying "This season is about Mio's death". The focus that Dongtae makes on "I have to protect Mio" isn't a good sign either. I feel bad for him because he actually feels happy right now, if we can put all the Dice chaos on a side for a while. That chaos that he feels as a responsability of his own now.

And Mio is definitely hiding something. There wasn't a focus on her inner thoughts while she was in the shower, but her expresion shows that she's not as embarrased as she was in their first date. She's excited and enjoying this but she has also other things in her mind. As Dongtae says, she left her home for a reason. It could actually be a problem with her parents or, maybe she knows that she's in danger...maybe she met with Dawn already?

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
I haven't written much these past few months because for the present scenario I think I have said all I had to say and until the situation changes, I see no point in writing long essays.

However, I must say something about Mio. Those of you who have read my previous posts know that I generally like her and believe she is the ideal girl for Dongtae, even though I consider Eunju morally and intellectually superior to both (at least until she became a Dicer, but I still think she has an attitude I find easier to support. But no more on that.)

I must say, though, that her current behaviour doesn't give me good vibes. And I'm not talking about Death Flags. I mean she is psychologically harassing Dongtae. It's subtle, but I see it everywhere: her running away from home without discussing anything with him, and now forcing him to choose between her and Eunju. I can't say I like how her insecurities always lead her to take it out on him by putting Dongtae in an uncomfortable position. While she is not a yandere character, she is clearly driving him into a corner.

This latest chapter (124), I think Dongtae ought to have answered: "I'll protect the side that is being attacked." That would have put Mio in her place.

Then there is the issue of the multiple messages and missed calls. I don't think Mio is up to something fishy, but clearly there are people avidly trying to contact her (parents?), which seems to indicate she is hiding something.

I just get the feeling that she is not building a bond of trust with Dongtae right now. She has won the battle with Eunju: Dongtae is hers already, Eunju is an enemy to both, so what need is there to torment Dongtae with this kind of question? Why not just forget about Eunju and develop the relationship?

(Not that Eunju was ever fighting that battle, but you get my drift.)

One thing that scares me (just a little) is the precise stance of Mio's regarding the Final Die. We know Mio is capable of deeper thoughts. After she learned of Dongtae's plan, she didn't say "Let me assist you", she said "How Dongtae-like". Is that really an expression of agreement? 'Cause the last time Dongtae came up with a far-fetched cooperation scheme (the guild), she refused to join and described it as a Utopia.

Right now, I am really hoping that Mio is just a female version of Dongtae, ultimately naïve about the wider scheme of things but well-intentioned.

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
If they are being transferred to 6 different schools I wonder if Mio and Dongtae end up at different schools ?

X knows just when to crash the party.

These kids a pretty dumb and never seem to grasp that this game they are playing is dangerous.

kendama

Reaction score
Country
Mayotte
For the first time (chapter 126), I am positively impressed by Dongtae.

He finally decided to make a move against X, instead of just running around flailing his arms trying to save a person here, another there.

I don't know what the bet entails, but he is thinking outside the box and of course, as a common plot device, it is probably going to be what corners X in the end. I just hope Eunju ends up in the winning side.

Leaving the philosophical core of the series aside for the moment (there isn't much left to say), I'm going to relish these temporary school episodes. If I were to guess, the brainy bully will find himself at the bottom of the pecking order very soon, what with being suddenly faced with a enhanced Dongtae with superpowers!

It's going to be interesting to see the role reversal on Dongtae's side. From being a bread shuttle, he will arrive at a school where most people don't know him and he will suddenly be the transfer student hunk just like Taebin was. He will probably outperform all the ordinary students and so on. (Jealous Mio, anyone?)

I also wonder what X will do. If he is not constrained by the bet in any way, he is likely to escalate this further.

I am curious as to what Eunju might be doing, but I think it will be a long while until we see her again, and I have a bad feeling I won't like what I see when she shows up.

Not much to say about chapter 127, only that I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the glasses bastard and the other snobs having to deal with the hard fact that the roles have been reversed. Jungnam (that's his name) is going in for a hard landing now that his former slave has turned into a super-powered heartthrob. I will relish every mindfuck he has to digest from now on, starting with the quiz (my bet is on the Dicer students acing it from top down, or at least far outcompeting the snobs).

And jealous Mio confirmed! \o/

Chapter 129 has a major plot development, well-hidden by the author. When Dongtae leaves the room for gym, a PVP warning flashes on his smartphone screen. At first sight, it seems that the ability of the A-Ranker is hidden by the notebook on top of the smartphone, but the author planned that well. I checked the bottom portions of the characters, and the word length, against the Korean names of the A-Rank Skills on chapter 73 in order to typeset that, and there is no doubt: it is Time Pause.

A third Time Pauser (I don't think it is Mooyoung/Taebin, he would have no reason to go after Dongtae) changes things a lot, not only because of his possible allegiance, but because this adds another person from whom Eunju can harvest a Die she needs to become the S-Ranker.

And speaking of figths, Jungnam is beginning to evolve from sheer comic relief to something more sinister. His desire to revert Dongtae to what he was is very ominous. I have argued, once and again, that Eunju's desire to erase Dice from existence does not necessarily imply removing the enhancements from Dicers: she may just stop new Dice from circulating and leave Dicers with the skills and abilities they have already gained.

But Jungnam, out of spite and jealousy, may become a pawn on someone's hand in order to extract Dongtae's Dice and make him into a weakling again. I am worried.

On unrelated matters, I feel sorry for Mio: it's pretty obvious why she ran away. The poor girl has seen Dongtae's status box with Clairvoyance… and it told her he still has strong feelings for Eunju. I hope she doesn't give up: people can be reeducated in love, and Dongtae will forget Eunju if the two keep going divergent ways and Mio keeps giving him her love and attention. But I admit that the status box will give her constant anxiety. I wonder how much of a blessing and how much of a curse Clairvoyance is.

Last edited:

POW

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ch 135

I wonder what will happen to Nani I don't think the Dice can cure her disease and the more they try to upgrade her the more the disease will respond.

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Gotta admit Eunju did her research when it came to dice. I feel sorry for the new time pauser, he's very likely to get pwned soon. Especially after taking the other girl hostage

Son-Derling

Reaction score
Country
Germany
hmmm....strange...i wonder what A-Rank ability he had.....he died so early (before we even knew of A-Rankers i think)