Manhwa - [Webtoon] Solo Leveling | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Manhwa [Webtoon] Solo Leveling

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Woah. Is it back? Had no idea!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Where do you read btw? It seems Jaimin's no longer scans

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
im really hoping the manhwa differs starting now, i really dont want Jin-Woo to turn into a Goku type like in the novel
I don't think it will differ much. The things we've been seeing thus far are pretty much the exact same as the novel's, but if there are going to be changes, I'd appreciate it if more effort and screentime were to be put on the side characters. One of my main problems with this series is that any character that isn't named Sung Jin-Woo gets eventually sidelined and/or wasted for the most part. There are a lot of important characters we didn't see anything off. Some of them didn't even appear.

Where do you read btw? It seems Jaimin's no longer scans
You can read it here: https://w2.sololeveling.net/

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't think it will differ much. The things we've been seeing thus far are pretty much the exact same as the novel's, but if there are going to be changes, I'd appreciate it if more effort and screentime were to be put on the side characters. One of my main problems with this series is that any character that isn't named Sung Jin-Woo gets eventually sidelined and/or wasted for the most part. There are a lot of important characters we didn't see anything off. Some of them didn't even appear.

You can read it here: https://w2.sololeveling.net/
I was on there but it seemed a bit scattered. I will try again thanks
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That was a great read. Beru ignoring Sung Jin-Woo outrightly is very interesting, though it's to be expected since he has his own consciousness. Would have been really bad for Cha if Sung didn't step in. I had forgotten how OP Sung is. Just recalling the fact that he beat Beru and can still stop him easily is amazing. Looking forward to this new Solo guild. Love the idea a lot. I wonder if Sung will keep it as small as possible. He basically doesn't need others and he is a solo fight himself. There aren't many that can pass his tests too (beating shadow soldiers). Curious about who the next person to indicate interest would be.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I was on there but it seemed a bit scattered. I will try again thanks
If the page doesn't go well you can always try this one as well: https://mangadex.org/title/31477/solo-leveling/chapters/

I think they changed the reason as to why Beru went for the kill against her at the end. In the novel, it is said that the reason he attacks her like this was that her last attack managed to make Beru think that that woman was a threat to his Sovereign and thus, the initial command of subduing her without doing any harm got automatically changed to "kill this woman to protect the Sovereign" or something of the sort. Meanwhile here it was implied to be only due to natural instincts and not to protect their sovereign.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If the page doesn't go well you can always try this one as well: https://mangadex.org/title/31477/solo-leveling/chapters/

I think they changed the reason as to why Beru went for the kill against her at the end. In the novel, it is said that the reason he attacks her like this was that her last attack managed to make Beru think that that woman was a threat to his Sovereign and thus, the initial command of subduing her without doing any harm got automatically changed to "kill this woman to protect the Sovereign" or something of the sort. Meanwhile here it was implied to be only due to natural instincts and not to protect their sovereign.
I prefer the novel's justification for Beru's actions. Beru in general is a character I can't wait to keep seeing in gorgeous detail though.

For example, I can't wait to see Beru get super salty over Bellion being given the rank of Grand Marshal over him :lmao /SPOILER]

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Solo Leveling is one of my favourite Manhwa.Sung Jin woo is one of my favourite heroes and one of the best ones.

Also i heard in February 2021 Solo Leveling Manhwa physical volume is being published by Yen Press.Can't wait to buy it when it comes.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I wonder if I should read the novel after all. Anyway, it's super weird ogres are out in the world like that. Leaving Beru behind is pretty much the best option in the dungeon. He can solo it himself. When Sung said he'll call someone else, for a second I thought he was referring to Cha.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I wonder if I should read the novel after all. Anyway, it's super weird ogres are out in the world like that. Leaving Beru behind is pretty much the best option in the dungeon. He can solo it himself. When Sung said he'll call someone else, for a second I thought he was referring to Cha.
Without a doubt, the novel is worth reading. The best, official translations are on sites where it's paywalled after the first few arcs, but there are other sources with decent translations for free.

This upcoming confrontation is something I've been so keen to see since reading through it in the novel. It isn't often that we really see Jin Woo get angry.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Such a hyped entrance! Sung Jin-Woo is quite a beast. Naturally, Goruktarou is not even remotely close to a match but that doesn't change how epic that entrance was. Scary to think SJW was almost late and almost lost his sister. I wonder why he doesn't have a much more powerful soldier watching his sister? Perhaps he will keep that in mind now. Things could've gone very wrong here

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Wingdings.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
I love reading solo leveling
Same as you ! I just discovered it and I've binge read it the whole week, I'm almost up to date. That fight against Thomas Andre seems promising but the consequences will be serious.

Eracuel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
And it is over.

I think they did a great job adapting the LN and keeping a high standard of art throughout the whole series.

Definitely one of the better Korean manhwas out there.

(And no 5 year long hiatus and axing a super popular series..yes you know who you are 👀)

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yup, that's that. Disappointed there wasn't more about his dad since the series deviated enough to leave room for tying up some loose ends.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sooo, I’ve never been into reading the novels, but apparently their really ending the manwha and it’s not finished the story.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sad day today. The incredible artist for Solo Leveling Dubu, whose real name was Jang Sung-Rak, has passed away. He had reportedly struggled with a chronic illness and suffered a cerebral hemorrhage as a result of it.

Condolences and best wished to his friends and family.

Obviously, a big loss for the a comic reading world as he was quite honestly on the short list of most talented artists I've ever seen. Solo leveling set a new standard for how good a webtoon can look, and while he may be gone it will continue to stand and showcase his amazing ability.

Last edited: