Shounen - [Webtoon] Soul Cartel by Kim Eun Hyo & Kim Yeong Ji | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] Soul Cartel by Kim Eun Hyo & Kim Yeong Ji

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I think his ability is down to good genes. And I hope it ends there. His sister might not be the powerhouse he is, but she's immensely talented too. And let's not forget that the disappearance of their parents is pretty much the overhanging plotline.

bartman1912

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can anyone tell me when chapter 171 is going to be released? I wanna read it so bad^^

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So..he's super-powered for another minute, supposedly at the cost of his life. He isn't going to die, that seems pretty certain. SO how is he going to survive sacrificing his heart?

---------- Post added April 24, 2015 at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was April 20, 2015 at 04:26 PM ----------

When in doubt, provide as many overpowered buffs to your protagonist as possible. Gairon's defeated, yes, however, how is Shi-Hoon going to survive? That seems to be a bit of a problem.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
So..he's super-powered for another minute, supposedly at the cost of his life. He isn't going to die, that seems pretty certain. SO how is he going to survive sacrificing his heart?

---------- Post added April 24, 2015 at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was April 20, 2015 at 04:26 PM ----------

When in doubt, provide as many overpowered buffs to your protagonist as possible. Gairon's defeated, yes, however, how is Shi-Hoon going to survive? That seems to be a bit of a problem.
by another plot hole/supposed gift. I liked the battle but these all of a sudden deus ex machinas were lame tbh. Also most likely this over usage of his powers will make him loose some of his powers otherwise he will be like a walking power house and things will be boring since only arch devils and arch angels can only win against him now he even defeated Garion in his most powerful form ie at present he is stronger than the rest of the plutos too.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
by another plot hole/supposed gift. I liked the battle but these all of a sudden deus ex machinas were lame tbh. Also most likely this over usage of his powers will make him loose some of his powers otherwise he will be like a walking power house and things will be boring since only arch devils and arch angels can only win against him now he even defeated Garion in his most powerful form ie at present he is stronger than the rest of the plutos too.
I think we all expected it. Going into the battle, he was so thoroughly outmatched that there was zero chance he wasn't going to be handed the means to victory. As you say, I expect this battle to have consequences in terms of his abilities going forward.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think we all expected it. Going into the battle, he was so thoroughly outmatched that there was zero chance he wasn't going to be handed the means to victory. As you say, I expect this battle to have consequences in terms of his abilities going forward.
Yah we did. But still i mean idk i think the battle was misplaced in time. It should have been further down the line where he atleast was like around near pluto level powerful for some time after some grinding and all that and then the fights one after other kicked him to this level. Cuz now pluto level seems petty.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Yah we did. But still i mean idk i think the battle was misplaced in time. It should have been further down the line where he atleast was like around near pluto level powerful for some time after some grinding and all that and then the fights one after other kicked him to this level. Cuz now pluto level seems petty.
I agree. Gairon is pretty much just one step below the most dominant beings in the entire Underworld, there isn't exactly a long list of opponents for them to face off against at this point. Although, maybe they're going to throw something at us once we get to the lower levels. The reality though is that they aren't really much closer to finding about their parents and they've already ripped through some of the Underworld's elite. There has to be something else.

---------- Post added April 30, 2015 at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was April 24, 2015 at 08:21 PM ----------

So...a timeskip. I've some mixed feelings about the chapter. Shi-Hoon survived through a heart transplant. Something so mundanely obvious that I didn't even consider it. With the endless possibilities, I'm happy it was something more reasonable rather than mystical. I wonder if having the heart of an Angel is going to have any effect on him. Now he's off to a prison for a year. Honestly, I can't imagine he's going to gain too much from it. Without Beel's bone, he isn't as powerful, but his opponents are going to be largely inferior considering that they failed in their missions to become Plutos. Gairon almost certainly wasn't the most powerful of his kind, so he's going to have a challenge to face with the one involved with his parents. The other are off the improve themselves as well. I imagine that once they come together again they're going to actually be focused on their mission to find their parents.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Most likely the removal of the bone would lvel him down. What i am afraid of is if it takes a page out of bleach and well make disproportionate fights in future like defeat zaraki but get to even fight with renji and stuffs then get defeated by other hollows but the other captains who were defeated by ichigo cn fight on par with em. Or downgrade powerups like bankai.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I figured that with the demons dealt such a blow we'd get the chance to see a bit more of the other races. It seems we've jumped right in with the Vampires. I wonder what they're after, they say revenge, but against whom exactly.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Interesting a new set of villains.I would be a bit disappointed if they are like stronger than Garion though since he was hyped to be too powerful. It seems that our MC is using his time in the cage to train more like dog fight if u know what i mean. Should be pretty interesting to see his growth.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So he's the leader of the Vampires. Although, there are only two of them left, so..... he isn't leading much. Is he after Mephisto's blood, he seems to be fighting this match only to gain power to face some other enemy.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
For some reason i dont like the looks of it. Most likely Mephisto will be defeated.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Seems like he wasn't up to scratch. Mephisto didn't think he was ready. I expected the chapter to be a disappointment after that, but then we met Astaroth, the final Archdevil. And Mephisto has a kid now. I have no idea where this is going, it seems like such a random development.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Is it his kid? Thats kind a weird. Also i think i would rather like to meet with arch angels now.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
The first half of the chapter was hilarious. So the kid's Felix, this should make things interesting. I'm not sure I particularly care about Beelzebub's new heart. The second half introduced us to the other Plutos, there seems to be a few less than I expected. I didn't expect an army, but I expected....more than this. They have a leader apparently, I guess we should expect quite a bit from him. There are a few other interesting characters, so they're probably going to play a role in the next arc. As for the Vampires, still not sure what their plan is or who they're even after.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I am not sure if i am hyped about Plutos meeting. After Garions death Plutos well kind a seem to be substandard. With regards to beelzebub I hope he gets some major a$$ kicking later in the chapter. He is purely evil.

---------- Post added June 03, 2015 at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was May 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM ----------

Things are going very very strange and hec even a tiny bit forced i might say. I mean srsly all of a sudden they are almost having an all out war and so many damn plutos and another guy who was the leader of plutos not garion not to mention vampiers are here. what gives?

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So we got to meet the other Archangels. And we get clarification that although Gairon was the first amongst the Plutos, there was an actual leader above him. It does seem like a rather large conflict has suddenly emerged out of thin air. However, looking back there were a few clues. Gairon made it clear that there was some larger plan to takeover the entirety of the Underworld underway. When Deuroth backed away from a fight with Michael, he made it clear that the Demons expected to be taking him on in the near future. The Vampires though are an unexpected element, they have the potential to make things more complicated. The Archdevils are also pretty unpredictable, Beelzebub, in particular, seems completely unconcerned with anything other than defeating Mephisto.

---------- Post added June 11, 2015 at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was June 03, 2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Ugh, I'm seriously disliking this development. Even at the start of the chapter I was weary that something ridiculous was going to occur, it was obviously a trap. So one of the Archangels is a Fallen Angel, seriously? I'm hoping for something solid for this.

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I kind of hoped he was just being mind-controlled or something rather than actually being fallen. And that did seem like an obvious trap. However, even with that I am pretty excited that the action is starting back and the new set of villains are growing on me in design at least. I guess we don't really know them yet.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
That was unexpected and stupid. I wanted to see whole of arch angels vs whole of arch devil and then pluto org and all that. This an arch angel being fallen is annoying to say the least.