Shounen - [Webtoon] Soul Cartel by Kim Eun Hyo & Kim Yeong Ji | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] Soul Cartel by Kim Eun Hyo & Kim Yeong Ji

obamamania

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not buying it, this "fallen angel" thing has to be some sort of ploy by the Pluto leader. Uriel's inner monologue right before she appeared, though brief, didn't really jump out as the sort of thing someone who is about to commit the ultimate heresy would think. I'm still thinking it's some form of mental manipulation or possession, and if so his statement about being a legit fallen angel could be a lie. It would cause far greater chaos in heaven if word leaked that he was actually a true fallen, rather than simply under mind control is capable of being rescued. I am about torn about the development though, we go over 170 chapters without meeting any of other archangels, and then the minute we do meet them all 1 turns "traitor" and another may die.

One issue though with what I said though...God is annoyingly MIA and unaware of what's going on for him to have never noticed Uriel either communicate or travel to hell, though it could be possible with God's key. And his "This is the beginning" comment he uses before opening the gate is actually suspicious, so maybe he really is just a fallen angel...purgatory is certainly a lonely place so when you compare his duty to that of the others I'm starting to see why he may have become disillusioned.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So Uriel's been the leader of the Fallen Angels since the fall of Lucifer. The plot itself seems to have been a rather long time in the making. It would appear that they're after God himself. I do still wonder how the Vampires are going to factor into this. Now that Michael's out of the picture, only two of the Archangels remain, only one possessing their treasure. I imagine that its about time for Shi-Hoon to return to the fold, they same to be in need of some support.

---------- Post added June 24, 2015 at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was June 20, 2015 at 04:16 PM ----------

So everyone's headed to battle....and naturally they've separated. I imagine we're going to get a few one-on-ones, giving us a chance to see some of the improvements the characters have made. Although they just threw them in the deep end, Deuros isn't exactly a warm-up.

---------- Post added July 02, 2015 at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was June 24, 2015 at 09:45 PM ----------

At least she gave it a good shot, forcing him to pull out his trump card. At least, it gives us the chance to see more of the Vamps.

---------- Post added July 08, 2015 at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was July 02, 2015 at 04:32 PM ----------

Soooo....the vampires are kind of overpowered. They take immortality to an entirely different level, and seem like an absolute pain to face. One pluto down.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's weird that the Pluto that taken down got a lot of screen time in the tournament and he just died just like that.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Well, with the backstory we're getting, it wouldn't be too difficult for the vampires to re-establish themselves. They're functionally similar to traditional vampires. I imagine that another one of the Plutos is about to meet his end, although I hope we get the rest of the backstory first.

---------- Post added July 22, 2015 at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was July 15, 2015 at 08:19 PM ----------

So this Pluto is.... actually a traitorous vampire, and a former friend to Xerheart. I can't imagine that he's the endgame, so he must've been a part of some larger plot. I guess we're going to be getting a bit more backstory.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I guess Faust...lost. At least out protagonist is coming back. I'm a bit confused about Astaroth's involvement, she seemed a bit more like Mephisto... disinterested by Mastema and Beel's schemes.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I guess Faust...lost. At least out protagonist is coming back. I'm a bit confused about Astaroth's involvement, she seemed a bit more like Mephisto... disinterested by Mastema and Beel's schemes.
which is weird eh. Die in a way that God saved you from being corrupt then reborn to battle with one devil get corrupted by another one.
I am a bit too disappointed by heaven tbh. Too weak and pathetic.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Well, it seems that the angels aren't entirely useless. They clearly need to do some in-house cleaning, these fallen angels seem to be popping up at the most inopportune times. That being said, Gabriel managed to counterattack. It isn't entirely clear what the Tree of Life is capable of, but from Astaroth's reaction.... she isn't pleased that it's there. One point for Heaven.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well, it seems that the angels aren't entirely useless. They clearly need to do some in-house cleaning, these fallen angels seem to be popping up at the most inopportune times. That being said, Gabriel managed to counterattack. It isn't entirely clear what the Tree of Life is capable of, but from Astaroth's reaction.... she isn't pleased that it's there. One point for Heaven.
meh, I have been seeing these kind of cliff hanger in SC for some time and most of the time the gut feelings are true. Heaven will fall and our MC will have to fight Faust or the 3 rd devil to free faust or sth.
Its only a matter of time for that tbh. Till now from me Heaven get 0 points.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I just want to see Shion fight i want to see it badly i want to see what he learned in the prison.

In the previous chapter we saw his teacher and minotaur bloody beaten.

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I just want to see Shion fight i want to see it badly i want to see what he learned in the prison.

In the previous chapter we saw his teacher and minotaur bloody beaten.
Me too!! I have enough of those Angels, Demons and Pluto's. Shion has to give them hard beating :D

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Well, that went swimmingly. You can always count on Faust for absurdly accurate levels of prediction and the perfect means to utilise them. Now he has Mastema as a pet. Uriel's dead and Raphael's returning to Heaven. It seems as though our main team has to finish up, that seems like a possibility now that the Demons have had their forces cut in half. I'm excited to see Shi-Hoon back in action.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well, that went swimmingly. You can always count on Faust for absurdly accurate levels of prediction and the perfect means to utilise them. Now he has Mastema as a pet. Uriel's dead and Raphael's returning to Heaven. It seems as though our main team has to finish up, that seems like a possibility now that the Demons have had their forces cut in half. I'm excited to see Shi-Hoon back in action.
I think it was underwhelming a bit, I mean faust getting defeated would have been something new but ne way at least the good guys have been getting pounded so long that they decided to turn back and attack now. Still have no idea what they will do with the Plutos though, they are pretty high in number and pretty powerful.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I think it was underwhelming a bit, I mean faust getting defeated would have been something new but ne way at least the good guys have been getting pounded so long that they decided to turn back and attack now. Still have no idea what they will do with the Plutos though, they are pretty high in number and pretty powerful.
With a Vampire, a Archangel, and two Archdevils, our protagonists would seem to have sufficient support to take on the group of Plutos we've seen. I'm just hopeful Shi-Hoon gets enough of an opportunity to flex his power after such a long time.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
With a Vampire, a Archangel, and two Archdevils, our protagonists would seem to have sufficient support to take on the group of Plutos we've seen. I'm just hopeful Shi-Hoon gets enough of an opportunity to flex his power after such a long time.
Yeh man i m srsly looking forward to Shihoons actions i mean ok Faust is the other MC and he had us occupied till now and i am not complaining of his presence though i did complain about the weak nature of the good dudes but Faust did his part. Its time for Shiwoon to come out and impress us. Just hope he comes down and beats the hec out of 2-3 plutos at once and they will be like what the hec hit us? :tem

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So those two Plutos weren't much to deal with. I didn't expect too much from them, I did expect them to at least force Shi-Hoon to take off that hood and maybe look a tad bit heroic. Alas, they are seemingly fodder.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
well Meph is an arch devil so single pluto against him shouldnt be too much but i am impressed with our MC. He single hit Ko ed one. That is pretty massive improvement.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I guess the MC one shot the other one because that pluto thinks that no one can penetrate his weapons attack and maybe just like in RPG games long range players have low DEF hahahaha :D

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
This chapter came out of nowhere. I wondered when we'd see the long lost parents get involved, however, there wasn't even a trace of them until this chapter. Not only that, but Shi-Hoon and Mephisto are about to fight it out. Suddenly, it seems as though this is the penultimate arc, if not final arc itself. The only low point was the other two Plutos....everything we know tells us they don't stand a chance in Hell, or anywhere else for that matter, against the team coming up against them.

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
The biggest issue with this match-up is that either Shi-Hoon has to lose or Mephisto has to allow him to win. A straight-out victory for Shi-Hoon pretty much breaks the story. If he's capable of defeating Mephisto, then what's the point of worrying about any of the other opponents he might have to face.