Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 110 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #28 (5 Choices At Most)

• My Hero Academia 425

• Jujutsu Kaisen 262

• Mission: Yozakura Family 229

• Undead Unluck 209

• Me & Roboco 188

• Sakamoto Days 169

• The Elusive Samurai 159

• Witch Watch 159

• Blue Box 152

• Akane Banashi 113

• Kill Blue 56

• Nue's Exorcist 53

• Kagurabachi 36

• Green Green Greens 26 - Final Chapter!

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 17

• Dear Anemone 16

• Astro Royale 8

• Kyokuto Necromance 7

• Psych House 5

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

nemu asahi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Ya the closet I could find was Edistat which post all books including manga.

This guy post both American and French sales which is cool if interested.

I didn't know this one. I went to their site Edistat and you have to pay a subscription to see the numbers... And if you read carefully, they're not the true numbers, just an estimation they calculate themselves by asking questions to some stores only. They don't get the numbers from the publishing companies themselves.

Bulju

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Any news about the earthquake/tsunami from Jump authors? Hope everyone's okay.

Chibi Cthulhu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a tsunami? No one's posted anything on my TL about it. I don't think it happened yet but keep me informed if it does.

Nvm I found a post about it but not yet from Jump hope everything is ok

(The earthquake was a magnitude 7.6 and caused a 16 foot high tsunami which hit central Japan)

I pray for their safety.

Last edited:

Chibi Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bro just asked if Jump authors are ok in the disaster that's how it started. We wanted to know if they were ok or their family (so far no announcement that I can see). This will be the last I talked about it unless there's news related to the mangas (like delays and such).

To change the topic recently Murata(One Punch Man) announced he's starting an anime studio. Which WSJ mangaka would you like to see tackle animation?

Last edited:

JBC008

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bro just asked if Jump authors are ok in the disaster that's how it started. We wanted to know if they were ok or their family (so far no announcement that I can see). This will be the last I talked about it unless there's news related to the mangas (like delays and such).

To change the topic recently Murata(One Punch Man) announced he's starting an anime studio. Which WSJ mangaka would you like to see tackle animation?
First off, I do hope the mangaka not just from WSJ or Shueisha but from every publication is okay and their families as well. I know that the vast majority of the ones working are living in Tokyo so I know they are okay (since the tsunami came from the west).

Now if we are taking about which artist do we want to see take on creating and going into running an animation studio. That all depends on the craft of their art and massive amount of imagination and business skills. It is tough to say cause when you look at the past Jump veterans, Toriyama is content with becoming a video game concept artist (such as sticking with his beloved franchise Dragon Quest). I know that Obata and Amano had done character designs for tv and film in the past such as Psycho Pass and Bubble, but it will all depend on that extra push to do it. But when it comes to say the big 3 (Kubo, Kishimoto, and Oda), Kubo is a debatable one, mostly how his designs do stem from fashion and if he wants to create an anime studio, he might, but I am not to sure due to him running Klub Outside, expanding the Bleach universe with plans for the Hell arc and more Burn the Witch content once the TYBW arc is over. Kishimoto is also in the same boat as Kubo focusing on the Naruto universe with Boruto after the fall of Samurai 8. But looking at it in hindsight, he did get back into drawing in his later years because of Akira. Plus he was more inspired and learned to improve with his own series once the anime for Naruto came out and that there were a lot of talented people coming onto the series. So I do think Kishimoto would do it cause he would like to create worlds like what he did with Naruto and Samurai 8 with the level of sakuga animation. And then their is Oda, I am 50/50 on that. Mostly due to him still working on One Piece and after he is done, he would like to spend time with his daughters. But also he will be focusing on everything One Piece after that from both anime adaptations, the LA series, more spin-offs, and more. But with Oda’s style, vast amounts of imagination, name recognition, wealth, and more, he might do it.

SkullMan

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
Natural Disasters in Japan do affect the Anime and Manga industry even if they aren't wide scale

For instance, Kamen Rider Fourze was made to be as light hearted as possible to due an recent Earthquake, and even recently Dogsred decided to include the 2011 Earthquake as a central plot point

Chibi Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now if we are taking about which artist do we want to see take on creating and going into running an animation studio. That all depends on the craft of their art and massive amount of imagination and business skills. It is tough to say cause when you look at the past Jump veterans, Toriyama is content with becoming a video game concept artist (such as sticking with his beloved franchise Dragon Quest). I know that Obata and Amano had done character designs for tv and film in the past such as Psycho Pass and Bubble, but it will all depend on that extra push to do it. But when it comes to say the big 3 (Kubo, Kishimoto, and Oda), Kubo is a debatable one, mostly how his designs do stem from fashion and if he wants to create an anime studio, he might, but I am not to sure due to him running Klub Outside, expanding the Bleach universe with plans for the Hell arc and more Burn the Witch content once the TYBW arc is over. Kishimoto is also in the same boat as Kubo focusing on the Naruto universe with Boruto after the fall of Samurai 8. But looking at it in hindsight, he did get back into drawing in his later years because of Akira. Plus he was more inspired and learned to improve with his own series once the anime for Naruto came out and that there were a lot of talented people coming onto the series. So I do think Kishimoto would do it cause he would like to create worlds like what he did with Naruto and Samurai 8 with the level of sakuga animation. And then their is Oda, I am 50/50 on that. Mostly due to him still working on One Piece and after he is done, he would like to spend time with his daughters. But also he will be focusing on everything One Piece after that from both anime adaptations, the LA series, more spin-offs, and more. But with Oda’s style, vast amounts of imagination, name recognition, wealth, and more, he might do it.
As always love your devotion this is incredible and well thought out. My comment was just a random thought that wasn't expecting to get an answer.

Since most Mangaka can't afford anime studios (and run the business side of it unless they know). I should have said which WSJ mangaka did you want to see animate as an animator but this is cool too. I would be down with Kushimoto animating 👍

Last edited:

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natural Disasters in Japan do affect the Anime and Manga industry even if they aren't wide scale

For instance, Kamen Rider Fourze was made to be as light hearted as possible to due an recent Earthquake, and even recently Dogsred decided to include the 2011 Earthquake as a central plot point
Jojo Part 8 started in 2011 and that same earthquake is a central plot element.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
As always love your devotion this is incredible and well thought out. My comment was just a random thought that wasn't expecting to get an answer.

Since most Mangaka can't afford anime studios (and run the business side of it unless they know). I should have said which WSJ mangaka did you want to see animate as an animator but this is cool too. I would be down with Kushimoto animating 👍
You know some mangaka are or were animators at studios before. For example, Pozuka Demizu used to animate at J.C. Staff before she was discovered and asked to be a part of The Promised Neverland project. So it shows there are some that come form the other side.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Say, I went back to Manga Crash’s video today and I noticed how last year Nakano really tried to find a sports manga as we had 4 different titles (Do Retry, Martial Master Asumi, Two on Ice, and Green Green Greens). Do you think he is trying to revive the genre and stopped with the gag titles after the massive bombs he received (except for Me & Roboco since they are content with keeping it)?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The voting thread will be open through the week, we are quite behind the usual numbers, so if you didnt vote or forgot to do, please vote 🙏

Deleted some comments that were basically going off topic about Twitter or Franz insisting about why people are worried abiut earthquake lol
--- Double Post Merged, ---

We have 2 long weeks ahead without ToC...

Last edited:

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
The voting thread will be open through the week, we are quite behind the usual numbers, so if you didnt vote or forgot to do, please vote 🙏

Deleted some comments that were basically going off topic about Twitter or Franz insisting about why people are worried abiut earthquake lol

We have 2 long weeks ahead without ToC...
I understand. And with the ToC, do you think it will come early next week once the chapters are released on the 7/8 of January? I mean we already got spoiled last week before the break officially started.

And for my votes for this issue they were:

-One Piece
-My Hero Academia
-Akane-banashi
-Green Green Greens
-Dr. Stone 4D

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I understand. And with the ToC, do you think it will come early next week once the chapters are released on the 7/8 of January? I mean we already got spoiled last week before the break officially started.
We never get a leak after the 2nd double issue, only the 1st, i guess isnt impossible to happen since we have digital leaks now but i hope it doesnt happen or we will be in a loop of having at least a week without toc, is better to just be strong and everything is going to back to normal.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
We never get a leak after the 2nd double issue, only the 1st, i guess isnt impossible to happen since we have digital leaks now but i hope it doesnt happen or we will be in a loop of having at least a week without toc, is better to just be strong and everything is going to back to normal.
For sure.

TheRealTravisty

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone have any Jump related New Years Resolutions?

For me, I’ve decided to pick up some series and read them. Last year, I read Saint Seiya (it was god awful, I’m sorry.) and Houshin Engi (which I fell off of. I’ll try again this year.)

I’ve only seen the anime versions of Togashi’s series, so I’m starting Hunter x Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho from scratch. And to give myself an even bigger headache, I’m finally going to restart Jujutsu Kaisen from the beginning so I can try to understand just what the hell is going on.

Finally, I’m going to try to pick up Witch Watch again. It’s the only series I don’t read weekly. It’s a bit messed up—Gintama is my favourite Jump series of all time, and I know how wordy it can get. For some reason, Witch Watch’s wordiness is just something I couldn’t keep up with on a weekly basis, so I ended up dropping it after a chapter with a character’s obsession with jeans. I do love the fake manga though.

If Viz finally adds Eyeshield 21, I’ll add that to my pile too.

Chibi Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Manga related- The Iroha bookstore which was a sacred place for Cipher Academy fans to visit has collapsed. The people are fine but the event that was supposed to happen on the 12th (iirc) is likely not happening.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hmm, i have some Jump "New Year resolutions" that i want to do, part of them actually should have been done in 2023 lol

-Finishing Shaman King remake, i know it's now Kodansha but the content is originally from WSJ, i'm halfway and i want to finish so i can watch Shaman King Flowers that will start this January

-Finally returning to Gintama, i have stopped on eps 177 of the original for some years, not because i didn't liked because it just got lost in the middle of so many other series.

-Getting back on Undead Unluck anime, i only watched the first 3 episodes, i don't know why, but for some reason i didn't "connect" enough despite enjoying the content, maybe i was just not in the right mood, it happened few times and i went back and loved the series.

-Watching Black Clover movie, i have a problem with watching anime movies lol

-Picking back Haikyuu, Dr. Stone and Shokugeki no Souma, i have to watch their last seasons.

-Watch Burn The Witch, i read the manga and have the volume, but didn't watched the anime version

-Maybe finally starting to watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

-About manga, keep buying some of the Jump mangas being released on Brazil.

Manga related- The Iroha bookstore which was a sacred place for Cipher Academy fans to visit has collapsed. The people are fine but the event that was supposed to happen on the 12th (iirc) is likely not happening.

Hopefully they rebuild it fast.

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (December 31)
70. Blue Box 13
277. WITCH WATCH 14
361. Akane-banashi 9
361. Undead Unluck 19
372. Ichinose-ke no Taizai 5

Last rank of last year and also last rank for December Volumes (just missing weekly), Next stop... January volumes

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Feel free to post your Jump New Year resolutions, is fun to do :lick

For me, I’ve decided to pick up some series and read them. Last year, I read Saint Seiya (it was god awful, I’m sorry.)
Brazilian, Mexicans and Spanish fans:

Kiaida

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Seiya's Sanctuary arc is better than Bleach's Soul Society at least.

The manga is messy, but Kurumada is one of the fathers of the genre, so he gets credit.