Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 425 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #22/23 of 2024 (5 Choices At Most)

• One Piece 1113

• My Hero Academia 421

• Black Clover 370 & 371

• Jujutsu Kaisen 258

• Mission: Yozakura Family 224

• Undead Unluck 205

• Me & Roboco 183

• Sakamoto Days 164

• The Elusive Samurai 155

• Witch Watch 154

• Blue Box 147

• Akane Banashi 108

• Kill Blue 51

• Nue's Exorcist 48

• Kagurabachi 31

• Green Green Greens 21

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 12

• Dear Anemone 11

• Astro Royale 3

• Kyokuto Necromance 2

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I would say that no one expected such a big recovery for Mashle.

JBC008

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Okay, I finished this weeks chapters. And this could be the last (in a possible while) that I turn in my review this late. Other than that, here are my thoughts.

-One Piece: I remembered from watching GrandLineReview saying that this chapter didn't have that much impact especially for a return, and felt that it was more of a closure for a volume. And after reading it, it kind of is. And after hearing what will happen for tomorrow's chapter, it is more exciting and feels right in my opinion. Anyway with the chapter that came out, it definitely is the build up chapter to a massive climatic revelation, along with other fun stuff. Especially with Bonney and Luffy with their own stuff. I was also curious where was Stussy in all of this but to know what she will due, man that could be one sad way to go (or is it cause of Oda and his deaths). And another, I think Oda isn't going to play around with us anymore (okay maybe more for the story sake). Anyway, we are at the final pieces for this arc and I hope that it is done in the next 14-15 chapters so we can more on, cause this is it.

-Jujutsu Kaisen: All I have to say that one of the things that Akutami struggles with is the whiplash going from sitting down talking to fights. I mean the fight was cool but I can tell that some of these things were put together last minute for a sense of closure. I mean for one of the characters it definitely is and for Yuji. I know Yuji was a struggle for Akutami (and he acknowledged it). But here in the beginning of the chapter, that was one heck of a possible revelation. And this is just sick, and maybe a bit confusing, cause when I compare this to Bleach with Ichigo's birth, at least it made sense. Here, we don't have that weight and it doesn't impact me cause it doesn't impact Yuji since he is the lead. But then again, I do have to remember that Akutami is writing a story that does question about morality and is really taking some new and weird directions for dark shonen going forward. But anyways, I hope that we can go to something new or reach the end sooner cause the fight is now starting to drag.

-Mission: Yozakura Family: I am surprised on Asa's new direction as well as what it means for the twins. But other than that, just the simple assult beginning. Also I liked that panel of Goliath and the Octopus fight, that gets in my top 3 double spreads for the week. And it was also cool to see this character again. Other than that, not much else.

-Undead Unluck: So we could be going into the end of the arc with some tragedy. But in all honesty, even though the pacing is quick, I can tell that this is very touching. But if these people are going to come back, then they got what they wanted without any form of consequences.

-Sakamoto Days: I am glad we will see more of "this" character consering he is both a badass and a joke at the same time. But now the plot thickens as we will see our main focus of characters being targeted.

-The Elusive Samurai: I apologize, I forgot most of this chapter. But from what I remembered is that at the later half, the gang are going shopping. But after looking back, it is war strategy and preparing for the next battle. So not that much to go off of.

-Witch Watch: It was so nice to learn about Momochi's background and family. Although I fear anyone who will gravitate torwards her mother.

-Blue Box: So we could see the pieces of this Fireworks Festival starting to set itself up for our characters. Other than that, we could be seeing these characters find their feelings for each other.

-Akane-banashi: Great moment with Akane and her dad. And the mother said it best, to let them have this moment cause it is deserved. As for what was shown at the end, something greater is coming and I can't wait. But also, this chapter is full of content. But it didn't feel full like it was crammed, it felt like enough for 3 different stories happening and yet it all makes sense. You have Akane's moment, the lead up that was talked about our elders that will go into the future of the story, and then the lead up for Akane's next story going out for a drink. Is she old enough to drink cause I still think she is a bit of a minor and has graduated high school.

-Kill Blue: I for one am not for meta humor but honestly, that was pretty funny coming from our tour guide girl from Jardin. Also Ogami's ex wife is hilarious for them to run away. But to see Ogami and the head of Jardin fight was great and leading to a possible conculsion for the arc. But all I have to say, we are now near at the climax of the arc where if our hero can save everyone. Just seeing our group on the flaming bus is so scary that I don't want to think about it. But that line at the end really made Ogami more badass than I could have imagined.

-Nue's Exorcist: Just seeing this training really reminded me of Bleach at the final chapters of the Substitute Shinagami arc where Ichigo and his friends were training. Seeing Shitotsu and Fujino with their training really shows that Kawae is trying to help develop everyone and not put to much focus on Gakuro to help flesh them out. But seeing Suo and hearing from her friend about her feelings for someone else, I want to know more about that. But at the end, this could either signify either the end of the series, or a big gamble as a way to jump back up the toc.

-Kagurabachi: So we are getting 2 fights to see our 2 characters face certain ghosts. For one it is about their own respect and chance to sever the ties of their family. The other, at first when I skimmed it, I wasn't sure and thought that it was a fight with Chihiro and Hakuri against each other. But then to learn that this opponent is tied to Chihiro's fathers death, then this led me to being excited as this can lead to a whole lot of possiblities. Other than that, I am excited to see these fights play out.

-Green Green Greens: I can't help that this chapter rushed a bit. I mean we just went through 7-9 holes, and that Oga is doing really well. But at the same time, I really don't know much about the other opponents that Oga is playing. I really want to know more about their playing style and have there be more tension. But I guess that after seeing the performance in the toc along with how things are not looking good for Terasaka, he must have been told that this tournament arc is his last. If it is, I guess I am going to have to put down my copium and accept it is going to die. COME ON NAKANO, WHY CAN'T YOU FIND ONE GOOD SPORTS SERIES AND PUSH IT! Other than that, I will see the next chapter, but other than that today might be my last day of copium for GGG. :delerium

-Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: I think this was a good lead up to a small arc in the series. But after seeing "him" again, I thought "oh no, please Numa, I wanted a break from him." But it turns out, it wasn't that bad, the cringe levels were down, and the set up for the next chapter has alot of potential if "he" doesn't mess it up. It helps cause the series is self aware.

-Astro Royale: I heard many people say that this chapter was typical and safe. But to me, I thought it was decent and well paced. That and it helps to build the story going forward. I do think Wakui has a plan in mind and is sticking with it. Other than that, I have no complaints, and it shows how people are going to use these Astro abilities that they are talking about. Other than that, it is the typical chapter 2 where I think chapter 3 will be the lead in to an arc. So far no complaints.

-Kyokuto Necromance: I have said it many times here, and joined in with others and said that it feels like it repeats what Alien's Area did. Though I do think the execution was slightly better, but not as much mostly due to some writing errors which are minor. But I will say that the art is way better than Alien's Area. As for some things I liked, I liked that that spirit that our mentor characer uses has an ability that reminds me of Older Toguro form Yuyu Hakusho. But other than that, I do like it but chapter 2 is what has to make or break the series so it won't be repetitive and boring. I don't hate it, but if it wants to have a place here it has to do something amazing to get me engaged. Though saying that, it reminds me of how Kagurabachi began and I wonder if it will make a similar play again. But after watching Manga Crash's video about his thoughts, he felt it was a comparison to Bleach and Shaman King. Where the latter I felt was like it mostly due to the summoning of spirits but I hope there are some new ideas to it so it can feel refreshing.

-RuriDragon: A good chapter and really makes me want to know more about these characters. To see Ruri with Maeda is an interesting dynamic as it will show some new character dynamic. At first when I saw their brief spat in the hallway, I kind of related to it cause with Ruri saying "Use Your Words." that is the kind of thing I would say cause whenever I have spats I want to be told to my face than not have it be in the shadows. But then again, since this was the situation, it was called at the right time, otherwise if it was not then it could come across as creepy and stalkerish. But to know that Maeda does not like Ruri for those reasons, I want to know more cause I felt that there is something to go off of with what I remembered from those early chapters. But a part of me thinks that Ruri might be an introvert who doesn't connect with people. But due to these awakening dragon powers, it is forcing her to come out of her comfort zone and make new friends (along with the ones she has already and her mother).

And that is it for the chapters, other than that, a good weeks with some that are just lead ups and others that are going all out. Though a few flaws with some, they are genuinely not bad.

Friki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Sakamo Days is just like Blue Lock Black Clover Tokyo Revengers pré anime. I think Sakamoto Days has more potential than the 3 and i think it will reach 120k-150k before the anime release in Spring 2025

chareveleuv

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sakamo Days is just like Blue Lock Black Clover Tokyo Revengers pré anime. I think Sakamoto Days has more potential than the 3 and i think it will reach 120k-150k before the anime release in Spring 2025
Of course a delusional SakaDays fan will say this. Blue Lock coincided with the World Cup. Black Clover had huge sales from the beginning unlike SakaDays who had to grow its audience slowly. BC had great appeal from the jump, the anime just failed to capitalize on it. And Tokyo Revengers? TR has more melodrama and more story based arcs to attract a fujoshi fanbase thsn SakaDays which hones in on the fights.

SakaDays appeal lives and dies from the animation. Solo Leveling for example was really good but not enough compared to the webcomic. And in discussions it “underperformed”. An urban setting can only do so much if the animation isn’t godly.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Sakamoto Days' anime should've aired some time ago. Blue Lock got big because it coincided with a big soccer game. So it stands to believe Sakamoto Days would've gotten big if it coincided with a big assassination....
I hope your joking cause it is no laughing matter.

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
It is facts Sakamoto Days is top 2 2023 of Jump the best seller manga in 2023 after JJK MHA and OP. It grows and doesn't end to grow. And now we don't know how it sales for numeric release. I prefer a manga like Sakamoto Days which grows and oversales Blue Box which start strong. Blue Box and Sakamoto Days have bothe a big potential to do 300k minimum. i think Sakamoto Days has the potentiel to be a 600k tier and May be more.

Last edited:

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Animated Nagumo and Uzuki will sell some copies.

Qukiqq

Reaction score
Country
England
Of course a delusional SakaDays fan will say this.
How is he delusional?

Blue lock and black clover sold 150k before their anime and tokyo revengers sold 100k.

Sakamoto days sold similarly (and a bit better than tokyo revengers) considering the decline of physical sales.

Blue Lock coincided with the World Cup. Black Clover had huge sales from the beginning unlike SakaDays who had to grow its audience slowly. BC had great appeal from the jump, the anime just failed to capitalize on it. And Tokyo Revengers? TR has more melodrama and more story based arcs to attract a fujoshi fanbase thsn SakaDays which hones in on the fights.
Haikyuu and kuroku no basket both sold comparable numbers to blue lock before the anime (~200k) and both didn't need the world cup boost to sell 500k+ after their anime .

Just because it helped blue lock, doesn't mean the world cup boost is needed to boost a manga that size before the anime.

What does it matter if black clover had huge sales from the beginning ?

I would actually say the opposite. Manga that started small and gradually grew bigger, get a larger boost than stuff that already sold great from vol 1.

For example although world trigger , demon slayer and chainsaw man had a slower start than black clover , all of them outgrew it with time.

And your point with tokyo revengers doesn't make much sense .

Why is Jujutsu kaisen more popular than tokyo revengers then?

Sakamoto days has all the characters needed to appeal to every demographic. Cute anime waifus , handsome looking men and more rough looking badass guys.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just had to post this:3c
lol kkkk like Franz said, no one expected Mashle to blow up with 2nd season and Sakamoto was indeed stagnated until this volume magically did much better:

SAKAMOTO DAYS

Sakamoto Days #1 (19,600)
Sakamoto Days #2 (30,592)
Sakamoto Days #3 (52,760)
Sakamoto Days #4 (51,080)
Sakamoto Days #5 (70,698)
Sakamoto Days #6 (78,175)
Sakamoto Days #7 (88.267)
Sakamoto Days #8 (95.705)
Sakamoto Days #9 (98.641)
Sakamoto Days #10 (100.975)
Sakamoto Days #11 (108.750)
Sakamoto Days #12 (105.558)
Sakamoto Days #13 (103.166)
Sakamoto Days #14 (103.849)
Sakamoto Days #15 (103.867)

Last edited:

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
Hahahahaha it was in the tone of humor that's what I do when I respond to everyone. but since I talked about Yozakura I'm an asshole.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But sorry if that hurts or offends you. I won't talk anymore about the megaboost of Sakamoto Days

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hahahahaha it was in the tone of humor that's what I do when I respond to everyone. but since I talked about Yozakura I'm an asshole.

But sorry if that hurts or offends you. I won't talk anymore about the megaboost of Sakamoto Days
Tone of humor? Asking "wtf is my problem" and "if i don't want Sakamoto to grow because Yozakura isn't growing, it's my problem", doesn't seem like a funny friendly comment, in fact you're the one that sounded offended quoting me as if i'm being negative about Sakamoto when i was just quoting @Qukiqq comment.

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
Tone of humor? Asking "wtf is my problem" and "if i don't want Sakamoto to grow before Yozakura isn't growing, it's my problem", doesn't seem like a funny comment, in fact you're the one that sounded offended quoting me as if i'm being negative about Sakamoto.
hahahaha well there was confusion, it's also the problem of writing. in addition I really appreciate the yozakura anime and I hope that there will be a boost that will only be more beneficial for the Jump.

my real answer was just "magically or not it has evolved and that shows that the manga is not at the end of its surprises plus we are on a pivotal arc of the manga". the tackle on Yozakura was really to tease you.

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (April 27)
6. Jujutsu Kaisen 26
13. My Hero Academia 40
64. Dr. STONE 27
145. SAKAMOTO DAYS 16
333. WITCH WATCH 16
345. The Elusive Samurai 15
430. Mission: Yozakura Family 23

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
hahahaha well there was confusion, it's also the problem of writing. in addition I really appreciate the yozakura anime and I hope that there will be a boost that will only be more beneficial for the Jump.

my real answer was just "magically or not it has evolved and that shows that the manga is not at the end of its surprises plus we are on a pivotal arc of the manga". the tackle on Yozakura was really to tease you.
It's fine, just pay a bit of attention before you're posting something that might cause confusion due to language.

sofiahalbof

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (April 27)
6. Jujutsu Kaisen 26
13. My Hero Academia 40
64. Dr. STONE 27
145. SAKAMOTO DAYS 16
333. WITCH WATCH 16
345. The Elusive Samurai 15
430. Mission: Yozakura Family 23
And kagurabachi?

To celebrate that they reached 30 thousand followers, the official kagurabachi account distributed Free icon, header, and wallpaper for iphone:

KrenKren

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Daily Shoseki (April 27th)
5. Jujutsu Kaisen 26
10. My Hero Academia 40
31. Dr. Stone 27
77. SAKAMOTO DAYS 16
294. Yozakura 23
303. Witch Watch 16
384. Elusive Samurai 15

And kagurabachi?
Daily Shoseki (April 26th)
341. Kagurabachi
Daily Shoseki (April 27th)
288. Kagurabachi 1

Meaning it's now outpaced Roboco, Kill Blue, Yozakura, Witch Watch, and Elusive Samurai
All while having been released 3 months ago

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I seriously wonder how much growth Kagurabachi 2 is gonna get considering that's the volume that got everyone super hyped about it. Could be the most insane jump in sales in a while