Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 490 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #28 (5 Choices At Most)

• My Hero Academia 425

• Jujutsu Kaisen 262

• Mission: Yozakura Family 229

• Undead Unluck 209

• Me & Roboco 188

• Sakamoto Days 169

• The Elusive Samurai 159

• Witch Watch 159

• Blue Box 152

• Akane Banashi 113

• Kill Blue 56

• Nue's Exorcist 53

• Kagurabachi 36

• Green Green Greens 26 - Final Chapter!

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 17

• Dear Anemone 16

• Astro Royale 8

• Kyokuto Necromance 7

• Psych House 5

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #28 (2024)
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & Lead Color Page; Results 4th Popularity Poll)
Mission: Yozakura Family
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Blue Box
My Hero Academia
Astro Royale (Color Page)
WITCH WATCH
Psych House
Use Mono Sagashi (Oneshot/CP/47p by Muji Mujina)
Me & Roboco (Color Page)
Nue's Exorcist
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Akane-banashi
Kyokuto Necromance
Undead Unluck
Kill Blue
Kagurabachi
The Elusive Samurai
Dear Anemone
Green Green Greens (End of Serialization)
ONE PIECE (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #29 (2024) - Preview
Cover & LCP: Youkai Busters Murakami (New Series/54p by Ihara Daiki)
CP: Mission: Yozakura Family; Akane-banashi; Nue's Exorcist
Absent: Jujutsu Kaisen; My Hero Academia (Both 2 weeks)

New Series Round Order:
Issue 29: Youkai Busters Murakami by Ihara Daiki
Issue 30: Exorcist no Kyonshi-kun by Usui Shouichi
Issue 32: Himaten! by Ono Genki

Last edited by a moderator:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yea I'm not as angry as some people clearly are but the Shigaraki conclusion felt like it was sped by so fast and pretty unsatisfyingly too. This is supposed to be the first chapter of the next (probably final) volume so I'm hoping there's more
I just don't understand this frantic need of fans to want to continue a war that has been going on for 80 chapters.

Broseph

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just don't understand this frantic need of fans to want to continue a war that has been going on for 80 chapters.
Don't see what the length of the arc has to do with taking the proper time to resolve the character arc of one of the most important characters in the story. It's very common for manga to stretch out war arcs and then quickly rush in the end (Wano lol) but I don't really buy that as a proper defense. Either give the conclusions the appropriate amount of time or shorten up the war sections for pacing reasons. But making the war and middle section long as hell while speeding through the ending is the worst of both worlds.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Astro Royale feels a bit light, it doesn't feel like a lot happens in these chapters and they go by super fast. Dunno how else to put it, it currently feels like there is not a lot of substance in them. Though I guess some parts of TR were like that too. Then again, TR also had the mystery angle that kept people guessing and theorycrafting, which can be really engaging, and Astro has none of that. While I think Astro had a strong start, it feels like it is losing steam pretty fast, but I still think it could be a success.

Psyche House is very cute and light; the fanservice was quite random, but at least it was in service of a gag that had a setup. Though I'm not sure just being cute SoL will cut it for the series.

Necromance is boring. I was very bored. Textbook axe fodder, next please.

defensor_de_boruto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What do you mean lol, we just skipped right to the protagonist's goal.
Yes but there's a lot of mysteries surrounding the town and himself being completely injured, even though he helped them. So it's a pretty good set up

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Yes but there's a lot of mysteries surrounding the town and himself being completely injured, even though he helped them. So it's a pretty good set up
It's just the typical rushing of plot points originally intended for later parts of the story, which we see all too often from axed series. It is one of the clearest indicators a series is getting the boot.

defensor_de_boruto

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
almost at chapter 40 of kill blue's manga and suddenly it took a weird turn... not that it's bad, is just not as good as before, I like the slice of life feel, but i miss the assassin stuff... And Otohime is a character that is meh. I don't really like when female characters are solely based on love for the main character and that's their whole point, so i hope she gets another type of development.. but she's really funny tho
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Its amazing how this author is good with sports, not only drawing but writing sport matches

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
almost at chapter 40 of kill blue's manga and suddenly it took a weird turn... not that it's bad, is just not as good as before, I like the slice of life feel, but i miss the assassin stuff... And Otohime is a character that is meh. I don't really like when female characters are solely based on love for the main character and that's their whole point, so i hope she gets another type of development.. but she's really funny tho
Don’t sweat it, it picks back up after that arc.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Necromance got super exciting this week, really encouraged at its direction. Think the main character just needs a same aged best friend partner and it will be perfect.

Psych House doing a shower scene felt so out of place, also just weird chapter to do in such a competitive week with kill Blue and it's fantastic haunted house and HeroAca with the greatest final villain fight since Naruto Shippuden and Sakamoto Days firing on every cylinder. Ultra competitive week indeed.

Renvent

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty fanservicy Jump this week. Looks like everyone read To-Love-Ru last week, huh. Roboco, Psych House, and Yozakura.

Chapter of the week is by far Akane. Maikeru is such a cool character and the tension is palpable. Another favorite is Kill Blue. For a jack of all trades, that manga was funnier than all the dedicated comedies in Jump. A certain kid detective needs to show up in it next week.

Overall, my top chapters this week is:

1. Akane
2. Kill Blue
3. Psych House
4. Yozakura Family
5. Roboco

Last three because reasons.
Nah, 4. Is actually Blue Box for finally revealing the relationship and 5. Sakamoto Days for Takamura. Guy is elevating 5he manga to levels never before seen.

Last edited:

Discomusic

Reaction score
Country
Italy
1. Jujutsu Kaisen: After many bottom ranks, finally a great chapter for my tastes! When this guy fights, I finally can understand what is going on (maybe thanks to the anime), and the cliffhanger was very good even if it may be a trap. Well done JJK!
2. Akane-banashi: Zensho-sensei is probably the best heel in all of current Jump. And I mean "heel" in wrestling terms, like one that does everything he can to be hated as much as possible by the readers. In this sense, nobody is better than him on the magazine.
3. Sakamoto Days: I was hyped at how strong he is. The "Badass Grandpa" is often the coolest character of an action series, and Sakamoto is a fine example of this as well.
4. Psych House: Still very nice, apparently they decided to postpone the introduction of the other house guests in favour of reinforcing the main duo dynamic: that makes for an enjoyable second chapter. The fanservice gets a pass, I think it will be one time only and not a main theme of the series.
5. Blue Box: I'm sorry for the random guy in love of this chapter, I hope he finds the true love in his life. But it helped the main couple reaching a new level of lewd and finally holding hands in public.
6. Green Green Greens: I still think that these characters should learn to lose without falling in depression, but at least this chapter was good at exploring Yaesaki's thoughts. But if you are ruining your hands, then you should rest instead of golfing even more.
7. Undead Unluck: Now that the battle is over, it's time to regroup. I usually enjoy these kind of chapters. Strange twist at the end, it is something minor but also something that was never mentioned until now...seemed a little off.
8. Mission: Yozakura Family: When Yozakura meets One Piece in terms of multi-fight chapters that don't actually advance the plot. It is a narrative technique that I don't usually like and this was no exception.
9. My Hero Academia: This is over. A great moment for the series? Yes, if you were able to follow the arc properly as a true fan. I got confused even in this topical chapter, so I'll leave the enjoyment to those who truly deserve it.
10. Kagurabachi: Not much to say about this actually, apart that the "Zenitsu" of this series is very good at what he does.
11. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: The "Chojo line" is higher than usual this week because this was ammitedly a funny chapter. Until the end I kept reading because I wanted to know what was the trick, and Cop-bot did a very good job and improved as a character. Nicely done!
12. Dear Anemone: As weird as it is, somehow I like this new rabbit scenario, even if obviously it arrived too late for it to really matter.
13. Astro Royale: After the exciting beginning, this is starting to play a very safe route with these fights that are only a display of tropes, battle-side and motivation-side. I need something that I don't expect.
14. Me and Roboco: The idea was not even that bad, but after a situation or two it got old pretty fast. At the beginning I thought it was a chapter about sexy Roboco but in reality everyone was sexy this week.
15. Kyokuto Necromancer: The first part was interesting, with this house full of secrets and the caretakers wanting to cooperate but not in front of the children. The second part leaves a bitter taste in my mouth because it enrouted the arc in a different and less engaging direction.
16. Witch Watch: After the first place of last week, this time the chapter wasn't the kind of fun that I like (it's difficult to explain). But my mind returned at when I retro-reviewed a very touching graduation speech in Sket Dance...Shinohara must love his graduation speeches.
17. Nue's Exorcist: Sorry fans, didn't like it this week. At first it was an Happy Birthday chapter and it already was uninteresting to me, then...sudden attack? Training arc abrupted? Have the guts to complete what you started.
18. Kill Blue: I lose interest when the sitcom takes over the action, with ideas in complete Detective Conan style (like the side-effect of the medicine). Hope this arc is over fast.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Great review Discomusic, by the way did you see my review for last weeks issue from yesterday?

Discomusic

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Great review Discomusic, by the way did you see my review for last weeks issue from yesterday?
I have to admit that you write a lot for my attention span, but I promise that I'll find the time to read your last review fully ^_^

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I have to admit that you write a lot for my attention span, but I promise that I'll find the time to read your last review fully ^_^
Thank you, and definitely check out the Witch Watch section. It will blow your socks off and make you cry with laughter.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't remember seeing so much celebration for a anniversary cover announcement on JP Twitter as i'm seeing for Nue's Exorcist, so many comments celebrating :hee

Kiaida

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I don't remember seeing so much celebration for a anniversary cover announcement on JP Twitter as i'm seeing for Nue's Exorcist, so many comments celebrating :hee
Never believed the bad reception comments myself. There are clearly many fans, so this is the best news in a long time.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Never believed the bad reception comments myself. There are clearly many fans, so this is the best news in a long time.
I also have been quite skeptical about the lower placements, specially after the group cover with Gakuro being same size as the other big series and volume sales not dropping, the anniversary cover is just the icing on the cake, is hilarious to read the ToC comments on Matome right now, just last week they were all acting like Nue cancelation was already decided and would end for sure next round, but now the comments are like reading a bunch of people that just got humbled :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kyokuto Necromance performance poll is open, vote! :kkthumbs
--- Double Post Merged, ---

With this issue Yozakura Family average ToC placements (for the last 8 issues) went up above JJK and Akane:

1. One Piece (1.8)
2. My Hero Academia (4.0)
3. Blue Box (5.3)
4. Sakamoto Days (5.6)
5. Mission: Yozakura Family (5.8)
6. Jujutsu Kaisen (6.1)
7. Akane Banashi (7.4)

Even if temporary is great to see Yozakura ranking so well after 4+ years of serialization and even being able to have better average placements than a flagship series like JJK :beer

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Today was easily the best YozaFam Episode.

Silverlink creating one of the best shonenjump seasonal animes. Was worth the wait. Hopefully they get Nue's Exorcist and/or Kill Blue.