Favorites - What anime yaoi pairings do you like? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites What anime yaoi pairings do you like?

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Welcome to the BL section, MegumiYuuki. :super

I have some changes since my post in 2010.
Right now, the pairings that call my attention the most come from Shin Prince of Tennis and Sekaichi Hatsukoi.
- Shin Prince of Tennis: Golden Pair (Oishi and Eiji), Silver Pair (Shishido and Chotaro), Dirty Pair (Oshitari and Gakuto), Fuji and Tezuka, Shiraishi and Akaya.
- Sekaichi Hatsukoi: I only dislike the Hatori x Chiaki pair

I also like Gi x Takumi from Takumi-kun series (novel, manga and movie).
Sometimes i read some Byakuya x Renji (from Bleach) fanfic.
I had my Kanda x Allen (from D.Gray-man) times.
I am still waiting for some SasuNaru moments in Naruto...
I think that's all for now.
:hurr

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Nice to see new faces in the BL forum! :zomg I didn't even know this thread existed. >_>

Welp, I don't have that many yaoi pairings that I like, though the ones I ship I ship quite intensely!

I really like Oga/Furuichi from Beelzebub. And that's crazy because Beelzebub is chalk-a-block full of hetero ship tease! But I'm really a sucker for the whole "always there for you" trope, as well as childhood friendships. Even platonically they have a great canon relationship. Basically they're best friends who argue a lot with each other. What's not to like?

Another pairing I enjoy, even though its super duper popular is Sinbad/Ja'far from Magi. Oh man, this totally caught me by surprise. They have some pretty good chemistry in the manga, but what made me ship them were the omakes. There's something very old-fashioned about them too.

Normally I can only handle angst in small doses, but for some reason I totally enjoy Shinji/Kowaru from EVA. I just got into this recently, but I find Shinji's attraction (platonic or not) to Kowaru really alluring. Their relationship is seductive and fatalistic at the same time, which I'm not normally into, but in EVA fits perfectly.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
After watching K Project, I have a new yaoi pairing: Mikoto and Reisi aka Red King and Blue King. :x3
The tension between them is sparckling. :squee

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anything with Hideyoshi to be honest.

Heck if I could I would totally support Hideyoshi and Ruka.

misc-13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
lol When it comes to yaoi I have a really similar trend with each

(same,uke)

ZoroxSanji (currently fan girling over :3)
ShizuoxIzaya
DinoxKyouya
YogixGareki
SpainxRomano
AmericaxEngland
to name a few

The pairing Aziraphale and Crowly from Good Omens are kind of different like not in a romantic way, but still yaoi? I don't know

I don't support a yaoi couple if there is a cannon hetro pairing like Ed and Winry that I support, I don't know I just feel like he's cheating on her :(

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

;D I feel the same way when I read CLAMP

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't support a yaoi couple if there is a cannon hetro pairing like Ed and Winry that I support, I don't know I just feel like he's cheating on her :(
How about a threesome?
After recent chapters in Naruto, i already said that i wouldn't mind a thresome with Naruto-Hinata-Sasuke. :XD
Of course, there wouldn't be anything between Hinata and Sasuke. He's too rude to be near her.

Georgie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, I'm bored, I'll give this a go.
Even though I have watched and read many anime and manga, and I have shipped lots of pairings, I am going to include on this list just the ships that I still stan for, the ships that I still look forward to fan-girling, talking about, reading the fan-fiction, reading the doujinshi, reading the manifestos and all that jazz. For each series I'll include just one OTP.

Tokyo Babylon and X 1999: Subaru x Seishiro. (omg, I'm crying just thinking about them, so tragic).
Digimon: Yamato x Taichi.
Gundam Wing: Trowa x Quatre. (I will forever ship them, till the day I die!).
Naruto: Sasuke x Naruto ( Can a girl hope for another kiss? Ugh, it won't ever happen :/ )
Prince of Tennis and Shin Prince of Tennis: Sanada x Yukimura (It's so obvious that Sanada has the hots for Yukimura, I don't even think it's queer-baiting or fanservice, as of late, I do think it might be intentional).
Kuroko no Basket: Midorima x Takao (Although,I'm not interested in this series anymore, I do pay attention to the Midotaka interactions that people post and do read the fanfics).
Maiden Rose: Claus x Taki (That's hot. And where are my new chapters? :( )
No. 6: Nezumi x Shion.
Ai no kusabi : Iason x Riki.

And that's that.

Last edited:

AlexisMeade

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I have some pairings I like more than others, but usually I pick one or two favorite character(s) from a series and pair them with EVERYBODY from that series (can be either a girl or a guy).
On to the yaoi pairings: 8059 (KHR), TezukaFuji (PoT & SPoT), AoKuro (KuroBasu), KuroFai (TRC), GinZura, TakaZura, and HijiZura (Gintama), KuroKura (HxH), KouGino (Psycho-Pass), HikAki (HikaGo), BanKazu & JuuKazuTos (Get Backers), SinAli (Magi), and probably many more. That's just the yaoi ones, there are yuri and hetero ones too. I'm such a heavy shipper.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ah, Kuroko no Basket ships...
AoKuro is really getting very strong in this arc. But Akashi is also getting attention and AkaKuro is rising.
I saw some fanart with Nijimura and Akashi, but so far they only interacted as captain and vice-captain.
I was hoping for some Murasakibara and Akashi interaction, but nothing so far. I like AkaMu fanart.

I'm a MidoTaka at heart, but i also apreciate KiseKuro. :midotaka
Kise is just too adorable. :kise

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Now that's gotten back into Attack on Titan, I've started shipping people I'd have never thought to ship together.

Jean/Armin -- I really like this because both of them have really strong ideologies and come from a pragmatic mindset. In fact, there seems to be a moment where they both impress each other with their thoughts on what it means to be a good leader and influence people. Plus I think Armin is really cute and who could resist a guy who's going to end up looking like Brad Pitt one day?

I also guiltyship Reiner/Eren, even though its pretty much crack. But they trained together, and more specifically they were sparring partners. Eren said himself he looked up to Reiner and wanted to become strong like him. In a different manga, they could have become good friends.

Reiner/Bertholt. Woah, did this pairing creep up on me like a bad habit. MAJOR spoilers from the manga:

Their relationship is just so twisted and unhealthy, but at the same time they still care pretty deeply about each other. As spies infiltrating the human population, they had no one but each other to rely on, and that on its own makes their relationship pretty intense. Then you realize Bert doesn't really give a shit about people if they aren't Reiner. Even though he has the ability to turn into the most lethal titan of them all, his emotional crutch is clearly Reiner.

At the same time, this is all so messed up because Bert is the one that constantly reminds Reiner who he really is, even though Reiner would probably have a bigger chance at redemption if he didn't. Ah, they're both child soldiers and they've both done terrible acts of terrorism against humanity, but there is definitely a string of fate connecting the two together. They're probably not lovers (not with Reiner's mental problems), but if things were different....

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now that's gotten back into Attack on Titan, I've started shipping people I'd have never thought to ship together.

Jean/Armin -- I really like this because both of them have really strong ideologies and come from a pragmatic mindset. In fact, there seems to be a moment where they both impress each other with their thoughts on what it means to be a good leader and influence people. Plus I think Armin is really cute and who could resist a guy who's going to end up looking like Brad Pitt one day?

I also guiltyship Reiner/Eren, even though its pretty much crack. But they trained together, and more specifically they were sparring partners. Eren said himself he looked up to Reiner and wanted to become strong like him. In a different manga, they could have become good friends.

Reiner/Bertholt. Woah, did this pairing creep up on me like a bad habit. MAJOR spoilers from the manga:

Their relationship is just so twisted and unhealthy, but at the same time they still care pretty deeply about each other. As spies infiltrating the human population, they had no one but each other to rely on, and that on its own makes their relationship pretty intense. Then you realize Bert doesn't really give a shit about people if they aren't Reiner. Even though he has the ability to turn into the most lethal titan of them all, his emotional crutch is clearly Reiner.

At the same time, this is all so messed up because Bert is the one that constantly reminds Reiner who he really is, even though Reiner would probably have a bigger chance at redemption if he didn't. Ah, they're both child soldiers and they've both done terrible acts of terrorism against humanity, but there is definitely a string of fate connecting the two together. They're probably not lovers (not with Reiner's mental problems), but if things were different....
I caught up with manga yerterday and... *sighs* i don't have any yaoi ship. :(
I only ship Rivaille with Mikasa. Cause he needs a girl that can slap him.

Weird. That Armin has the potencial to be gay.

Georgie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

OMG YES! Someone else who ships Jean/Armin! There aren't many of us around.
To be honest I was so against this pairing. When I read the manga, and I arrived at that chapter of them standing on the tree branches and talking .....I knew that the fangirls were gonna go wild because it only takes two guys standing next to each other for them to start shipping. And well, yes, that's what happened. But then, after looking at some fanart and reading some mini manifestos I was totally hooked.
I am not the type to ship characters together unless there is some good evidence that it could work , but like I said, fanglirls influenced me to ship them. In canon they rarely talk to each other, Jean even insults Armin and Jean is still in love with Mikasa....this pairing is totally a fangirls wish. Anyways, Jean/Armin is my second OTP right after Erwin/Levi.

Interesting that you ship Reiner/Eren. Never seen that.

And of course I'm also on board the Reiner/Bert ship. I hope we get to see something canon between these two.
I wouldn't be surprised if we started to see Bert taking the leader role and taking care of Reiner, since Reiner is not well in the head right now.

Anyways, in general, I don't think we're going to see any developing romances in the manga because there is just no room for it to develop since the characters are too busy trying to stay alive.

Last edited:

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I caught up with manga yerterday and... *sighs* i don't have any yaoi ship. :(
I only ship Rivaille with Mikasa. Cause he needs a girl that can slap him.

Weird. That Armin has the potencial to be gay.
I understand what you mean a little. Attack on Titan is too plot-heavy for romance, really. The only implied romance is between two women, so go figure.

I think Armin could be shipped with several male characters. He could definitely be shipped with Eren, they are childhood friends and all. I ship the main trio as an OT3 though.

OMG YES! Someone else who ships Jean/Armin! There aren't many of us around.

I am not the type to ship characters together unless there is some good evidence that it could work , but like I said, fanglirls influenced me to ship them. In canon they rarely talk to each other, Jean even insults Armin and Jean is still in love with Mikasa....this pairing is totally a fangirls wish. Anyways, Jean/Armin is my second OTP right after Erwin/Levi.
Well, they do talk to each other, and that conversation during the female titan arc is pretty convincing for me. But yeah, they don't talk much outside that moment. Shippers are gonna ship (and I'm one of them!).

Interesting that you ship Reiner/Eren. Never seen that.
Its not like a concrete thing. I just entertain the idea that they were close. Maybe broship would be more accurate?

And of course I'm also on board the Reiner/Bert ship. I hope we get to see something canon between these two.
I wouldn't be surprised if we started to see Bert taking the leader role and taking care of Reiner, since Reiner is not well in the head right now.
I'm really hoping that

Things will get really bad and Bert will realize he cares more about Reiner than he does The Cause. But I doubt it'll happen. T_T

Every time I see a Reiner/Bert fancomic of them being this happy married couple with children I just think its too cruel.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Eruri is my #1 OTP in the snk fandom. I Absolutely love them. I haven't been disappointed at all with what the fandom has done with this pairing.
I think the manga-reader that i used when i first read SnK didn't have chapter 15.
I'm reading from chapter 1 this time and now i am seeing more of them, Irvin and Rivaille. Let's see if i missed any other chapter.
Eren with Rivaille fanart didn't interest me so far.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jean x Eren is my favorite attack on titan pairing (uke jean is an exciting thought). Though I also like Eren Levi.

I really like Free! This season so rin x haru is mine, william twining and dantelion in makai ouji and shino x ao in hakkenden (sousuke x kobu too). Jou and Sugane in Gatchaman Crowds as well.

Asclepius

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I really like Free! This season so rin x haru is mine, william twining and dantelion in makai ouji and shino x ao in hakkenden (sousuke x kobu too). Jou and Sugane in Gatchaman Crowds as well.
Yesh! I also like Rin x Haru (or vice-versa). The last episode got me crazy with Haru's reaction to Rin.

I tried reading a Mako x Rin doujinshi, but it was boring. Rei x Nagisa also isn't my thing.

Maybe i could enjoy some Mako x Haru, since Makoto is my favorite character. Who knows?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yesh! I also like Rin x Haru (or vice-versa). The last episode got me crazy with Haru's reaction to Rin.

I tried reading a Mako x Rin doujinshi, but it was boring. Rei x Nagisa also isn't my thing.

Maybe i could enjoy some Mako x Haru, since Makoto is my favorite character. Who knows?

I cant get into anything Makoto. He just feels too nice and has like nothing special going for him, in my opinion, that makes him good with anyone, especially since Rin and Haru are essentially canon, and Nagisa is pretty close and touchy with Haru, and definitely with Rei. Makoto's also too tall. That being said Makoto is occasionally in some good arts.

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Even though I wasn't really into BL when I was a fan of Katekyo Hitman Reborn, I shipped Byakuran/Shoichi (10051).

ONE PIECE
  • Vergo/Doffy
  • Smoker/Law
  • Kid/Law
  • Coby/Helmeppo

Last edited: