Movies - What are your favorite movie quotes? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies What are your favorite movie quotes?

wizzard

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Why is this thread so deserted :gwah
O.W. Grant: As I say, messing with people's heads can be a lot of fun. You should try it.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Loki: [To crowd] Kneel before me. I said… KNEEL! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.

- Avengers

Bromamura

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Alonzo Harris (Training Day) - "Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting cases on all you bitches! Huh. You think you can do this shit...Jake! You think you can do this to me?! You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you! SHU program, nigga. 23 hour lockdown! I'm the man up in this piece! You'll never see the light of.....who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the police, I run shit here. You just live here! Yeah, that's right, you better walk away! Go on and walk away...'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. King Kong ain't got shit on me! That's right, that's right. Shit, I don't, fuck. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherfucking way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me."

Baldwin IV (Kingdom of Heaven) - "When I was sixteen I won a great victory. I felt in that moment that I should live to be one hundred, now I know I shall not see thirty. None of us know our end really, or what hand will guide us there. A King may move a man, a father may claim a son. That man can also move himself. And only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played, or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone. Even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that."

Merovingian (Matrix Reloaded) - "Yes, of course. Who has time. Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time? Château Haut-Brion mille neuf cent cinquante neuf, magnificent wine. I love French wine, like I love the French language. I have sampled every language; French is my favorite. Fantastic language, especially to curse with. Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculé de ta mère...it's like wiping your ass with silk, I love it. "

Beowulf - "I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger! I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I! AM! BEOWULF!!"

Vincent (Collateral) - "Someday, someday my dream will come?" One night you'll wake up and you'll discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you, and it never will. Suddenly you are old. It didn't happen, and it never will because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory, then zone out in your barcalounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln Town Car, and that girl... you can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing driving a cab?"

Last edited:

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Batman Begins Ra's Al Ghul:

"The training is nothing, the will IS EVERYTHING....the will to act"

The Dark Knight Harvey Dent:

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

The Dark Knight Rises Bane:

"No one cared who I was before I put on the mask"

Saint Markus

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
"I am what I am, regardless the blood in my veins".

-D, from "Vampire Hunter D" (1985)

"Are you a Mexican...or a Mexi-Can't....?".

-Sands, from "Once Upon A Time in Mexico" (2003)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are some favorites of mine.

SerentyThe Operative: "I want to resolve this like civilized men. I'm not threatening you. I'm unarmed."

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: "Good." [pulls gun and shoots Operative in the chest]

TombstoneWyatt Earp: "What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?"

Doc Holliday: "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."

Wyatt Earp: "What does he need?"

Doc Holliday: "Revenge."

Wyatt Earp: "For what?"

Doc Holliday: "Bein' born."

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating - Dead Poets Society

Pulp fiction dialogue between Jules and the guy who stole Marsellus Wallace
"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules: What country are you from?
Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes! Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time! "

g0dzax

Reaction score
Country
Romania
From Masters of Horror Season I :

"I believe anything can happen to anyone anywhere at any time."

"You've always got to expect the unexpected and do the unexpected."

"When everything else fails,you try anything."

From How High:

"Look at you now.Dead.Ashes.Damn,Ivory,after all these years of blazing who would've though the last thing you'll smoke would be your ass."

"-Ain't you supposed to be dead?!(Silas)
-I am dead,but this is what what happens when you smoke your boy."(Ivory)

"-I'm going to take a long,nice shit.(Jamal)
-Oh,that's the kind of atitude I like to hear."(professor)

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
"Money allows you to be who you truly are." -Patrick Tully, The Good German

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's being awhile since I touched this thread...

Almost everything Bane's says in The Dark Knight Rises is quotable as far as I'm concerned... I favourite among them though is "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear."

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish". Samwise Gamgee LotR - I always remember this quote, but I never keep its philosophy

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens" - Sam again

Last edited:

Gantzter127

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
"You are not your job.
You are not how much you have in the bank.
You are not the contents of your wallet.
You are not your fucking Khakis.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."
-Tyler Durden
Fight Club <3

Jules: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa... stop right there. Eatin' a bitch out, and givin' a bitch a foot massage ain't even the same fuckin' thing.
Vincent: It's not. It's the same ballpark.
Jules: Ain't no fuckin' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean shit.
Vincent: Have you ever given a foot massage?
Jules: [scoffs] Don't be tellin' me about foot massages. I'm the foot fuckin' master.
Vincent: Given a lot of 'em?
Jules: Shit yeah. I got my technique down and everything, I don't be ticklin' or nothin'.
Vincent: Would you give a guy a foot massage?
[Jules gives Vincent a long look, realizing he's been set up]
Jules: Fuck you.
Vincent: You give them a lot?
Jules: Fuck you.
Vincent: You know, I'm getting kinda tired. I could use a foot massage myself.
Jules: Man, you best back off, I'm gittin' a little pissed here.
Pulp fiction. <3 Quentin Taratino

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

Darth Vader: "Luke I am your father!!"

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kingdom of Heaven

King Baldwin IV:

*The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you. Do anything except remain where you started, and you can't be sure of your end.

*When I was sixteen, I won a great victory. I felt in that moment I would live to be a hundred. Now I know I shall not see thirty. None of us know our end, really, or what hand will guide us there. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus," or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I could quote the whole movie, Fight club is an all-time favourite.

Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
And an other one:

Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler.

Darth Vader: "Luke I am your father!!"
He never said that in the whole movie. He said "NO, I am your father"

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That scene with the Joker from Dark Knight:

"Want to know how I got these scars? My father was a drinker and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not one bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me, and he says: 'Why so serious?' He comes at me with the knife - 'Why so serious?!' He sticks the blade in my mouth. 'Let's put a smile on that face!' And why so serious?"
Such a scary, yet hilarious and amazingly delivered scene. He had the whole room moving to his every word.

White Rabbit

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
-Never underestimate the power of denial
- American Beauty

-Water? No thank you, sir, no. Fish make love in it.
- Indiana Jones and the last crusade

-Every creature on this Earth dies alone.
- Donnie Darko

-That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
- Murder by death

-What you do makes a difference. We should never simply write ourselves off and see ourselves as the victim of various forces. It's always our decision who we are.
- Waking Life

-You've been charged with one count of murder, and found incompetent to stand trial.
-She had a demon in her, my neighbour Mrs Karsh. It would come and go. Nobody saw it... except me.
-What did it look like, the demon?
-Did you ever see Alien with Sigourney Weaver?
-It looked like a giant insect?
-No. It looked like Sigourney Weaver.

- Instinct

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ted

Lori Collins: What is that?
Ted: Wh...what is what?
Lori Collins: There's a....a sh...t on my floor! In the corner there is a sh...t!
Ted: Oh, yeah! Yeah, we were playin' truth or dare and uh...Shereen is pretty ballsy.
Lori Collins: There is a sh...t on my floor!
Ted: Well, or...or is the floor on the sh..t? Is what Kierkegaard would say.

Judith Mizell

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Forrest Gump - Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.

The notebook - It's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. And we're going to have to work on this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me.

American Hustle - You're nothing to me until you're everything.

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

This is my ultimate favorite, from the movie Patch Adams:

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly without complexities or pride. I love you because I know no other way then this. So close that your hand, on my chest, is my hand. So close, that when you close your eyes, I fall asleep.

---------- Post added June 23, 2015 at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was June 01, 2015 at 08:01 AM ----------

Forrest Gump - Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get.
I remembered someone special because of this line.