Movies - What are your favorite movie quotes? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies What are your favorite movie quotes?

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Last Kiss:

What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you love. That's what matters. That's the only thing that counts.

Stephen

---------- Post added September 27, 2015 at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was August 31, 2015 at 05:18 PM ----------

You've Got Mail

Kathleen Kelly: [writing to "NY152"] The odd thing about this form of communication is you're more likely to talk about nothing than something. But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many... somethings. So, thanks

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Crimson Peak

Thomas Sharpe: You're so... different.

Edith Cushing: From who?

Thomas Sharpe: ...everyone.

Laverna Gressett

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
FURIOUS 7 - Dominic Toretto: [remembering the time he had with Brian] I used to say I live my life a quarter mile at a time and I think that's why we were brothers - because you did too. No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile away or half way across the world, you'll always be with me. And you'll always be my brother.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Illusionist

Eisenheim:
I was meant to return... I just... I kept thinking I'll find around the next corner...
Sophie: What?
Eisenheim: A real mystery. I saw remarkable things but the only mystery I never solved was... why my heart couldn't let go of you.

Eisenheim: From the moment we enter this live we are in the flow of it. We measure it and We mock it, but we cannot defy it. We cannot even speed it up or slow it down. Or can we? Have we not each experienced the sensation that a beautiful moment seemed to pass to quickly, and wished that we could make it linger? Or felt time slow on a dull day, and wished that we could speed things up a bit?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Simon Masrani - Jurassic World
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Jurassic World (2015)
Quotes

1) Claire: So, you can pick up their scent can't you? Track their the foot prints

Owen: I was with the Navy. Not the Navajo.

2) Gray: Can we stay with you?

Claire: I am never leaving you again!

Gray, Zach: [points to Owen] No, no, him. We mean him.

3) Henry Wu: Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

4)
Claire: We've been pre-booking tickets for months. The park needs a new attraction every few years in order to reinvigorate the public's interest. Kind of like the space program. Corporate felt genetic modification would up the wow factor.

Owen: They're dinosaurs. Wow enough.

Claire: Not according to our focus groups. The Indominus rex makes us relevant again.

Owen: [chuckling] The Indominus rex?

Claire: We needed something scary and easy to pronounce. You should hear a four-year-old try to say "Archeaornithomimus."

Owen: You should hear you try to say it.

5)
Claire: We're talking about an animal here.

Owen: A highly intelligent animal.

6) Karen: Well, a promise tomorrow is worth a let less than trying today.

7) Lowery: Maybe you should include that in the brochure... eventually one of these things will eat someone.

1) Jake Sully: I see you.

Neytiri: I see you.

2) Neytiri: You are Omaticaya now. You may make your bow from the wood of Hometree. And you may choose a woman. We have many fine women. Ninat is the best singer.

Jake Sully: I don't want Ninat.

Neytiri: Peyral is a good hunter.

Jake Sully: Yes, she is a good hunter. But I've already chosen. But this woman must also choose me.

Neytiri: [smiles] She already has.

[They kiss]

3)
Jake Sully: Look, I know you probably don't understand this...

[Neytiri ignores him and speaks Na'vi]

Jake Sully: Thank you.

[Neytiri speaks Na'vi]

Jake Sully: That was pretty impressive. I would have been screwed if you hadn't come along.

[Neytiri stands up and leaves. Jake follows her]

Jake Sully: Hey, wait a second! Where are you goin'? Wait up! Just, hey, slow down! I just wanted to say thanks for killin' those things...

[Neytiri hits him with her bow]

Jake Sully: Aah! Damn!

Neytiri: Don't thank. You don't thank for this! This is sad. Very sad only.

Jake Sully: Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Whatever I did, I'm sorry.

Neytiri: All this is your fault. They did not need to die.

Jake Sully: My fault? They attacked me! How am I the bad guy?

Neytiri: Your fault! Your fault.

Jake Sully: Easy. Easy...

Neytiri: You are like a baby. Making noise, don't know what to do.

Jake Sully: Easy. Shh. Fine. Fine. If you loved your little forest friends... why not let them kill my ass? What's the thinking?

Neytiri: Why save you?

Jake Sully: Yeah. Yeah, why save me?

Neytiri: You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!

[Neytiri walks away and Jake follows after her]

Jake Sully: Well, if I'm like a child, then look, maybe you should teach me.

Neytiri: Sky People cannot learn, you do not See.

Jake Sully: Then teach me how to See.

Neytiri: No one can teach you to See.

4)Jake Sully: Neytiri calls me skxawng. It means "moron."

5) Dr. Grace Augustine: So you just figured you'd come here, to the most hostile environment known to men, with no training of any kind, and see how it went? What was going through your head?

Jake Sully: Maybe I was sick of doctors telling me what I couldn't do.

6) Moat: It is hard to fill a cup that is already full.

Jake Sully: My cup is empty. Trust me. Just ask Dr. Augustine. I'm no scientist.

Moat: Then what are you?

Jake Sully: I was a marine. A warrior... of the uh... Jarhead Clan.

7) Jake Sully: [to Tsu'tey] With your permission, I will speak now. You would honor me by translating.

[to the assembled Na'vi as Tsu'tey translates in Na'vi]

Jake Sully: The Sky People have sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want. That no one can stop them. Well, we will send them a message. You ride out as fast as the wind can carry you. You tell the other clans to come. Tell them Toruk Macto calls to them! You fly now, with me! My brothers! Sisters! And we will show the Sky People... that they cannot take whatever they want! And that this... this is our land!

8) Moat: It is decided. My daughter will teach you our ways. Learn well, "Jakesully", and we will see if your insanity can be cured.

9) Jake Sully: Well, uh, I guess this is my last video log. Whatever happens tonight, either way, I'm not gonna be comin' back to this place. Well, I guess I better go. I don't wanna be late for my own party. It's my birthday, after all. This is Jake Sully signin' off.

10) Jake Sully: This is how it's done. When people are sittin' on shit that you want, you make 'em your enemy. Then you're justified in taking it.

11)
Dr. Grace Augustine: Don't shoot! Don't shoot. You'll piss him off.

Jake Sully: It's already pissed off.

Dr. Grace Augustine: Jake, that armor's too thick. Trust me. It's a territorial threat display. Do not run or he'll charge.

Jake Sully: What do I do? Dance with it?

Dr. Grace Augustine: Just hold your ground.

[the Hammerhead Titanothere charges and Jake run towards him and yells to scare him. He goes away once seeing the Thanator]

Jake Sully: Ha, ha! Yeah, come on! What you got! Oh yeah, who's bad? That's right. Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about, bitch. That's right, get your punk ass back to mommy. Yeah? Yeah, you got nothin'. You keep runnin'. Why don't you bring some of your friends, huh?

[Turns around and sees an angry Thanator standing in front of him]

Jake Sully: [to Grace] What about this one? Run? Don't run? What?

Dr. Grace Augustine: Run! Definitely run!

12) Jake Sully: [Narrating] The way I had it figured, Toruk's the baddest cat in the sky. Nothing attacks him. So why would he ever look up? That was just a theory.

13)
Neytiri: Now you choose your ikran. This you must feel inside. If he also chooses you, move quick like I showed. You will have one chance, Jake.

Jake Sully: How will I know if he chooses me?

Neytiri: He will try to kill you.

Jake Sully: [deadpan] Outstanding.

14)
Neytiri: It is Toruk, Last Shadow.

Jake Sully: Yeah, right. It's the last one you'll ever see.

15) Trudy Chacon: I was hoping for some kind of tactical plan that didn't involve martyrdom.

16) Norm Spellman: This is a very important part of it. It's not just, "I'm seeing you in front of me," it's "I see into you. I *See* you."

17) Neytiri: Toruk Macto was mighty. He brought the clans together in a time of great sorrow. All Na'vi people know this story.

18)
Jake Sully: [speaking Na'vi] Tsu'tey, son of Ateyo, I stand before you ready to serve the Omaticya people. You are Olo'eyctan, and you are a great warrior. I can't do this without you.

Tsu'tey: Toruk Macto, I will fly with you.

19) Jake Sully: [as Jake pleads for Eywa's help in attacking the "Sky People"] If Grace is there with you - look in her memories - she can show you the world we come from. There's no green there. They killed their Mother, and they're gonna do the same here. More Sky People are gonna come. They're gonna come like a rain that never ends. Unless we stop them. They chose me for something. I will stand and fight. You know I will. But I need a little help here.

20) Jake Sully: Yes. Look, at first, it was just orders, and then, everything changed. Okay? I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you... with you...

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Luke: I'm a werewolf, not a golden retriever.

The Fault in Our Stars

Augustus Waters:

Mr. Van Houten. I'm a good person, but a shitty writer. You're a shitty person, but a good writer. I think we'd make a good team. I don't wanna ask you for any favors, but if you have the time - and from what I saw you had plenty - please fix this for me: It's a eulogy for Hazel. She asked me to write one, and I'm trying, but I just... I could use a little flair. See, the thing is... we all wanna be remembered. But Hazel's different. Hazel knows the truth. She didn't want a million admirers, she just wanted one. And she got it. Maybe she wasn't loved widely, but she was loved deeply. And isn't that more than most of us get? When Hazel was sick, I knew I was dying, but I didn't wanna say so. She was in the ICU when I snuck in for ten minutes and I just sat with her before I got caught. Her eyes were closed, her skin pale, but her hands were still her hands, still warm, and her nails were painted this dark blue black color, and... I just held them. And I willed myself to imagine a world without us and what a worthless world that would be. She's so beautiful. You don't get tired of looking at her. You never worry if she's smarter than you, 'cause you know she is. She's funny without ever being mean. I love her. God, I love her, I'm so lucky to love her, Van Houten. You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you. And I like my choices. I hope she likes hers. Okay, Hazel Grace?

The Fault in Our Stars

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Deadpool: Wow, this is such a big house, but I only ever see the two of you here. It's like the studio didn't have enough money for any more X-Men...

Blind Al: You know "love is blind"
Wade Wilson: No, you're blind.

Wade Wilson: I had another Liam Neeson nightmare. I kidnapped his daughter and he just wasn't having it.
[Lies down in bed beside Vanessa]
Wade Wilson: They made three of those movies. At some point you have to wonder if he's just a bad parent.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kung Fu Panda 3

Mantis
: [they stand outside a ship run aground in a desert after Masters Bear and Croc ran in] We gotta get in there.

Crane: But Master Shifu said...

Mantis: You're seriously afraid? Even Master Chicken's going in, and he's a *chicken*!

[at his dad's cafe]

Po: We'll have two Justice platters, please.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Ping: Your son got angry at you. Welcome to parenthood
________________________________________________________________________________

• Po: Your real strength comes from being your best you.

• Mr. Ping: Having you in his life doesn't mean less for me. It means more for him.

Po: “Who are you?

Li: “I'm Li Shan. I'm looking for my son.
[ Mr. Ping and a crowd of customers gasp.]
Po: “You lost your son?

Li: “Yes. Many years ago.

Po: “I lost my father.

Li: “I'm very sorry.

Po: “Thank you.
[There's a long silence as the crowd looks from one to the other in anticipation.]
Li: “Well... good luck to you.

Po: “You too. I hope you find your son.

Li: “And I hope you find your father.
[The two quietly depart while the crowd sighs in disbelief.]
“When will you realize? The more you take, the less you have.” Master Oogway

“Before the battle of the fist, comes the battle of the mind.” Master Oogway

“There is always something more to learn, even for a master.” Master Oogway

“If you only do what you can do, you’ll never be more than you are now.” Master Oogway

“Your real strength comes from being the best you you can be. Who are you? What are you good at? What makes you, you?” Po
___________________________________________________________________________________

3 Idiots

Machine Class Professor: Why are you back?

Rancho: Sir, I forgot to take something...

Machine Class Professor
: What?

Rancho
: Instruments that record, analyze, summarize, organize, debate and explain information; that are illustrated, non-illustrated, hardbound, paperback, jacketed, non-jacketed; with foreword, introduction, table of contents, index; that are indented for the enlightenment, understanding, enrichment, enhancement and education of the human brain through sensory route of vision - sometimes touch.

Machine Class Professor
: [confused] What are you trying to say?

Rancho
: Books sir! I forgot to take my books.

Machine Class Professor
: Couldn't you just say that simply?

Rancho
: I tried sometime before, but you didn't like it the simple way, Sir.

---------------------------------------------------------------
- Farhan
"We learned something about human behavior that day. If your friend fails, you feel bad. But if your friend comes in first, you feel worse."

------------------------------------------------------------------
Farhan Qureshi: Today my respect for that idiot shot up. Most of us went to college just for a degree. No degree meant no plum job, no pretty wife, no credit card, no social status. But none of this mattered to him, he was in college for the joy of learning, he never cared if he was first or last.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rancho
: Pursue excellence, and success will follow, pants down.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Viru Sahastrabudhhe
: [Angrily looks for Raju in the class] Raju Rastogi?

Raju Rastogi: [a drunk Raju stands up from the last bench of class... and shouts] Yes, sir!

Viru Sahastrabudhhe: How does an induction motor start?

Raju Rastogi: [Raju looks around smilingly and then shouts] Vrrrrommmmmm. Vrrrrrrrooom.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rancho: [Repeatedly said throughout the movie] Aal izz well

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rancho: [At Pia's sister's wedding] Hi.

Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [a little surprised, as she doesn't know him] Hello.

Rancho: I have a free advice, would you try?

Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Still smiling] What?

Rancho: [Takes her drink away] Let me hold this first, else you may later throw it on me. Leave this guy.

[Points at his fiancee]

Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Now angry] What?

Suhas: [Meanwhile her Fiancee, speaking to somebody else a little far away] Look at this coat. Yes, its quite costly, 50K.

Rancho: Look at him. He is a moving price tag! He will always keep you reminding of price of every single object he bought. Your life will become a supermarket!

Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Extremely angry] Excuse me. Who the hell are you? You don't know anything about him.

Rancho: Oh, you need a demonstration! Okay, watch me, he will tell his shoe's price in a second, without anybody even asking him!

[He pushed a waiter, who was carrying a green gooey chutney. The chutney fell on Suhas's shoe]

Suhas: [shouting] You idiot! What the hell! This shoe cost me 10K!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rancho: [after indirectly making Pia break up with her fiancee] Come on, help us. My friend's father is very ill!

Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: Go away!

Rancho: Come on! You are almost a doctor! What is that oath you take... oh yes, Hippocratic oath - I will help a fellow patient, I remain a member of society with special obligations etc.

Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Reluctantly allows him to get up on her scooter] Okay.

Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Later when Rancho is speeding with the scooter, with the patient and Pia on the back, towards the hospital] You crashed my sister's wedding, you broke my engagement, for you my Dad keeps taking blood pressure tablets... and I am helping you? Hippocrates screwed us Doctors!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chatur Ramalingam aka 'Silencer'
: Let me recite a shlok for this golden occasion.

Rancho: Listen. Listen. He'll explain his farts in Sanskrit.

Chatur Ramalingam aka 'Silencer': The loudest fart sounds like a motor vehicle.

Millimeter - MM: Fart? Go, silencer!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Farhan: I am scared that my father won't allow me to be a photographer.

Rancho: Follow your dream. Don't study something that you know you're bad at and follow your passion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rancho: Learning is not memorizing the exact words from the book. Learning is understanding it and being able to explain it in your own words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raju: Sir, I have learnt to stand up on my feet after having broken both my legs. This attitude has come with great difficulty. No sir, I can't. You may keep your job, and let me keep my attitude.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rancho: These engineers are very smart sir, they didn't invent a machine which can measure the pressure on the brain. If they had, we would have come to know that this was not a suicide but a Murder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rancho: Grades create divide. A=Masters, C=Slaves...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rancho: Make your passion your profession, and work will become a game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rancho: That day I understood that this heart scares easily. You have to trick it, however big the problem is. Tell your heart, 'Pal, all is well. All is well.'
Raju: Does that solve the problem?
Rancho: No, but you gain courage to face it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You've got a solid kick. Are you going to be a footballer or what? Become. Become whatever your heart wants." - Virus.

What We Did on Our Holiday (2014)

Gordy McLeod: The truth is, every human being on this planet is ridiculous in their own way. So we shouldn't judge, we shouldn't fight, because in the end... in the end, none of it matters. None of the stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jess: Then the policemen comes.

Abi: That was just a misunderstanding, sweetheart.

Doug: Sometimes when grown-ups discuss things very loudly, people will get the wrong ideas

Mickey McLeod: He let me play with his taser.

Doug: Well, he didn't let ya

Mickey McLeod: He didn't say I couldn't.

Jess: Does electricity feel nice, daddy?

Doug: No, not nice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jess: I like being sick. It's like being a fountain.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Gordy McLeod: I used to tickle him and he'd go, "No, no, no!" Then when I was finished, he'd go, "More, more, more, more!" Which sums up exactly how I feel about living.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
"The halves that halve you in half" - Like Crazy

“Life is spectacular. Forget the dark things. Take a drink and let time wash them away to where ever time washes away to.” - The Spectacular Now

“See, I do have a future to give her after all, just not one that includes me.” - The Spectacular Now

"I'm Batman!"

might add more if I feel like it. after all, once again, I came by this part of the forum by accident. :XD

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well there's so many... I think scenes and quotes can really stick with you...

Always be closing.. is a quote from the movie Glengarry Glen Ross which I recently watched. If you know the scene, this is a very strong quote about how life is.

I like the quote from the movie Invictus (also a poem)
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul

The whole scene from Robben Is was really good, I love that film.

Arnold Schwarznegger has 160 certified keeper quotes too :)

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Jungle Book (1967)

Mowgli: [to the unconscious Baloo] Baloo, get up. Oh, please get up.

Bagheera: Mowgli, try to understand.

Mowgli: Bagheera, what's the matter with him?

Bagheera: You've got to be brave, like Baloo was.

Mowgli: You... you don't mean... Oh, no. Baloo.

Bagheera: Now, now. I know how you feel. But you must remember, Mowgli. Greater love hath no one than he who lays down his life for his friend.

[At this point, Baloo starts waking up, unbeknownst to Bagheera and Mowgli]

Bagheera: Whenever great deeds are remembered in this jungle, one name will stand above all others: our friend, Baloo the bear.

Baloo: [sniffing; softly] He's cracking me up.

Bagheera: The memory of Baloo's sacrifice and bravery will forever be engraved on our saddened hearts.

Baloo: Beautiful.

Bagheera: This spot where Baloo fell will always be a hallowed place in the jungle, for there lies one of nature's noblest creatures.

Baloo: I wish my mother could have heard this.

Bagheera: It's best we leave now. Come along, man-cub.

Baloo: [suddenly wide awake] Hey, don't stop now, Baggy, you're doing great! There's more, lots more!

Bagheera: [shocked and angry] Why, you big fraud! You-you-you four-flusher! I-I'm fed up!...

Mowgli: [ecstatic] Baloo! You're all right!

Baloo: Who, me? Sure I am. Never felt better.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
"A man with no options suddenly has all the options in the world." :XD

-Dom Hemingway

Final_Boss

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
"I tell you I'm thirsty and you give me a sandwhich. Thank you and fuck you."

-This boy's life​

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Sam:
Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we're nothing?
Charlie: We accept the love we think we deserve.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doctor Strange

Kaecilius- "How long have you been at Kamar-Taj, Mister....?"
Stephen- "Doctor"
Kaecilius- "Mister...Doctor?"
Stephen- "It's Strange"
Kaecilius- "Maybe, but who am I to judge"

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
When in Rome

Al:
The whole point of love is to put someone else's needs above your own
Beth's Dad: You could get your heart broken or... you could have the greatest love affair the world has ever known. But you're never gonna know unless you try.

Beth's Dad: Baby... the passion is in the risk. It's like I always say, If you're going to be a bear...
Beth: ...be a grizzly.

Beth: I wanna thank you. For making me believe in love again. Even if it wasn't real for you, it was very real for me.”

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Some of my favorites:

Saving Private Ryan
[Being told he can go home]
Private Ryan: Hell, these guys deserve to go home as much as I do. They've fought just as hard.
Captain Miller: Is that what I'm supposed to tell your mother when she gets another folded American flag?
Private Ryan: You can tell her that when you found me, I was with the only brothers I had left. And that there was no way I was deserting them. I think she'd understand that.

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (around 2:45:00, during the attack on Minas Tirith, as the doors are being broken down)
Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take.
[Pippin stares at Gandalf fearfully and Gandalf continues recalling his memory]
Gandalf: The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass . . .and then you see it . . .
Pippin: What, Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores ... And beyond . . . A far green country under a swift sunrise.
[Pippin up at Gandalf with an expression of peace and acceptance]
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
[Gandalf and Pippin smile]
Gandalf: No...no, it isn't.

Of all the literature that is about god, heaven and angels...Tolkien's is the best.

Serenity
Malcolm Reynolds: Half of writing history is hiding the truth.

Gettysburg [1993]
General Robert E. Lee: Gen. Longstreet, do you mind if I accompany you?
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: Not at all. I am very glad to have you with us, Sir.
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: The heat reminds me of Mexico.
General Robert E. Lee: Yes, but the air was very dry.
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: That was a good outfit. I remember storming the ramparts of Chapultepec with old George Pickett, Rtynolds, my old friend Ulysses Sam Grant. There was some good men in that army.
General Robert E. Lee: Yes sir, there were indeed.
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: Some of those men are waiting for us now up ahead on those ridges.
[pause]
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: I don't know. I sometimes feel troubled. Those fellas - those boys in blue - they never quite seem the enemy.
General Robert E. Lee: I know.
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: I used to command some of those boys. Swore an oath too. Ah... I - I couldn't fight against Georgia, South Carolina. Not against my own family...
General Robert E. Lee: No Sir. There was always a higher duty to Virginia. That was our first duty. There was never any question or doubt about that.
Lieutenant General James Longstreet: Guess so.
General Robert E. Lee: Let us not think about that now. The issue is in God's hands. We can only do our duty.
General Robert E. Lee: General, soldiering has one great trap: to be a good solider you must love the army. To be a good commander, you must be willing to order the death of the thing you love. We do not fear our own death you and I. But there comes a time...
General Robert E. Lee: We are never quite prepared for so many to die. Oh, we do expect the occasional empty chair. A salute to fallen comrades. But this war goes on and on and the men die and the price gets ever higher. We are prepared to loose some of us, but we are never prepared to loose all of us. And there is the great trap General. When you attack, you must hold nothing back. You must commit yourself totally. We are adrift here in a sea of blood and I want it to end. I want this to be the final battle.

Forrest Gump
Forrest: My mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'

The Usual Suspects
Verbal: The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Dances with Wolves
Wind In His Hair: "Šuŋgmánitu tȟáŋka ób wačhí! Šuŋgmánitu tȟáŋka ób wačhí! Pȟehíŋ Otȟáte miyé yeló! Mitȟákȟola ečhúŋ kte kiŋ waŋláke huwó? Óhiŋniyaŋ waní kiŋ kȟoláuŋkičhiyiŋ waúŋ huwó?" / [subtitled] Dances with Wolves! I am Wind In His Hair. Do you see that I am your friend? Can you see that you will always be my friend?
*Lakota script may be off at the last few parts. Found it on a Lakota forum xD*

Treasure Planet
Jim Hawkins: [referring to Silver's robotic leg and arm] So, uh, how'd that happen anyway?
John Silver: You give up a few things...chasin' a dream.
Jim Hawkins: Was it worth it?
John Silver: Heh. [sighs] I'm hoping it is, Jimbo. I most surely am.

Doctor Strange

Kaecilius- "How long have you been at Kamar-Taj, Mister....?"
Stephen- "Doctor"
Kaecilius- "Mister...Doctor?"
Stephen- "It's Strange"
Kaecilius- "Maybe, but who am I to judge"
I loved that scene. :XD

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Going in Style

Joe: Jump in the basket.
Willie: Who the hell do you think I am? E.T.?
Passengers
Aurora: A friend once said, "You can't get so hung up on where you'd rather be that you forget to make the most of where you are."

Aurora Lane: I think we tell each other stories to know we aren’t alone.

Jim: You find this perfect woman right in front of you, but she’s completely out of reach. Say you were trapped on an island all alone and you had the power to wish someone there with you, but you were sentencing her to a life on the island, too. … Say you found a way to make your life 100% better but it was wrong and you couldn’t take it back. How do you do the math on that? Arthur: Jim, these are not robot questions.

Everything You Want
Sy: "People rarely love others for who they really are but rather what they imagine them to be..."

LightYagami563

Reaction score
Country
England
"Sometimes to love someone, you got to be a stranger." - Blade Runner 2049.