Question - What do you think Vegapunk is announcing to the world? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What do you think Vegapunk is announcing to the world?

Do you think Oda will let Vegapunk reveal the shocking truth right away?

• Yes, but it'll only start at the end of the next chapter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We won't get his exact words yet, but we'll get a related flashback

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'll quote what I suggested in the Chapter 1108 thread:

My best guess for now though (and flashbacks illustrating any part of this story would be absolutely wild) is that Vegapunk is going to come right out and say there was an ancient civilization with unparalleled knowledge and awesome technology, that it was all lost after a war during the Void Century (not clear if people with the initial D. will come up even in passing), and that the WG hides all that progress while expecting tribute. If he leaves it there, then regular citizens will argue back and forth over whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. If he wants people to draw a conclusion that it's a bad thing, then he'll say more, about something like how the WG will keep destroying more nations, and possibly even the world some day-- to be rebuilt according to their preferences, as was done before.
Also, if it turns out the world was re-shaped, or there are hidden ruins of a past civilization below the current ocean floor, etc., then maybe he won't talk about it but there could be hints.

What do you guys think about this or other possibilities for what will be said? We might have only a week left to make our own predictions!

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
What it means to the story:

The Egghead arc is the start of the final saga. In the final saga is a war against the World Government. So Vegapunk will reveal something so terrible about the World Government that the entire world will turn against them.

In-universe:

Vegapunk will reveal that the World Government is keeping advanced technology that could make everyone's life easier away from the people, so they are easier to control.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What it means to the story:

The Egghead arc is the start of the final saga. In the final saga is a war against the World Government. So Vegapunk will reveal something so terrible about the World Government that the entire world will turn against them.

In-universe:

Vegapunk will reveal that the World Government is keeping advanced technology that could make everyone's life easier away from the people, so they are easier to control.
So sounds like you agree about the keeping secrets about technology thing, but what do you think will incite people to anger towards the WG?

If it was just the technology issue, I could easily see a stalemate resulting because not enough people would care-- especially Luffy. He's only going to fight the WG if he feels his friends are endangered by leaving them alone. There was past talk somewhere (I think after Act 1 or Act 2 of Wano when the Gorousei were asking Imu which country to destroy?) where somebody said that a balance of power was temporary and everything had to be destroyed and rebuilt eventually, or something like that. (I'll try to look it up at some point.)

*edit*
I just remembered -- Vegapunk had also talked about energy during this arc. Maybe he didn't have access to it himself, but didn't he say the Ancient Civilization had it? Maybe you're right and he'll reveal something about that. But it'll still take something more for Luffy to fight them.

costicla

Reaction score
Country
Romania
He will probably mention the ancient kingdom, but he may also mention the creation of Devil Fruits, how they came to be and their impact on shaping the world (I think most bizzare islands, in the Grand Line especially, like Ennies Lobby where made as a result of fights between Devil Fruit users), maybe even a history of the various moon races, like Shandians, Lunarians, etc, and maybe even the relationship between them and the various races of the planet, like giants and humans, minks, fishmen, etc.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He will probably mention the ancient kingdom, but he may also mention the creation of Devil Fruits, how they came to be and their impact on shaping the world (I think most bizzare islands, in the Grand Line especially, like Ennies Lobby where made as a result of fights between Devil Fruit users), maybe even a history of the various moon races, like Shandians, Lunarians, etc, and maybe even the relationship between them and the various races of the planet, like giants and humans, minks, fishmen, etc.
So additional lore and worldbuilding. Wouldn't the timing for that kind of information be a bit disconnected from where the story is going, though?

The fact Vegapunk himself said in the recording that the information will probably be shocking to everyone seems to confirm this is the "outcome" that will "shock the world" that was predicted back in chapter 1078. The WG went in, preparing for war with Vegapunk. Then Luffy's ship shows up and the struggle for power control currently seems tilted well into the favour of Luffy's side. Whatever Vegapunk reveals has to be shocking, and considering the WG want to suppress Vegapunk so much, it can't has to be something they they don't want revealed it has to be something they don't want revealed; something they find threatening. Additional details on the features of their world would be superfluous at best, and at worst would likely detract from the gravity of a situation that should feel like a punch to the gut.

Considering this arc is kicking off the final saga, it feels to me like Vegapunk's message will contain info that shatters people's trust in the WG, and their respect for their authority. Considering what the Gorousei said about wiping the world being due to be wiped clean, there's a high probability the final war will be triggered by this event.

*edited to fix grammar/wording

Last edited:

Vanshrimp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
the events of the void century, to make people remember. if you ask me, we should have a poll whether Oda is going to let us know the message first... but, never mind

Cortes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That Imu exists.
Though, does VP even know about that? Hm.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
the events of the void century, to make people remember. if you ask me, we should have a poll whether Oda is going to let us know the message first... but, never mind
I couldn't decide what kind of poll to add. That's a good idea. I'll ask a mod and they can hopefully add it.

Interesting guess. Do you think all the people of the OP world have hidden memories of the Void Century?

That Imu exists.
Though, does VP even know about that? Hm.
Possibly. I doubt he was spying on the present day WG though, so if he does, it'll only be if Imu's existence is directly related to the Void Century (as opposed to someone who claimed the throne any time later).

costicla

Reaction score
Country
Romania
So additional lore and worldbuilding. Wouldn't the timing for that kind of information be a bit disconnected from where the story is going, though?

The fact Vegapunk himself said in the recording that the information will probably be shocking to everyone seems to confirm this is the "outcome" that will "shock the world" that was predicted back in chapter 1078. The WG went in, preparing for war with Vegapunk. Then Luffy's ship shows up and the struggle for power control currently seems tilted well into the favour of Luffy's side. Whatever Vegapunk reveals has to be shocking, and considering the WG want to suppress Vegapunk so much, it can't has to be something they they don't want revealed it has to be something they don't want revealed; something they find threatening. Additional details on the features of their world would be superfluous at best, and at worst would likely detract from the gravity of a situation that should feel like a punch to the gut.

Considering this arc is kicking off the final saga, it feels to me like Vegapunk's message will contain info that shatters people's trust in the WG, and their respect for their authority. Considering what the Gorousei said about wiping the world being due to be wiped clean, there's a high probability the final war will be triggered by this event.

*edited to fix grammar/wording
You might be right that info about the world would not be so shocking to the general population, but then the only thing that I could think of that would be shocking to everyone is the Void Century history and I think that is being saved up for when Robin finds the last Poneglyph on Laugh Tale. Though I guess Vegapunk could just transmit his own fragemented findings about the World Government, maybe he did manage to find out that there is a shadowy leader at the top, even if he doesn't know Im's name.

Also I kinda mentioned the origin of Devil Fruits since, well, Vegapunk was supposed to explain the origin of Devil Fruits, but he really hasn't, it is all still very vague how they appearedor how they were created. Though I guess if he does die here, we still have the satelites and maybe Punk Records for that information.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Also I kinda mentioned the origin of Devil Fruits since, well, Vegapunk was supposed to explain the origin of Devil Fruits, but he really hasn't, it is all still very vague how they appearedor how they were created. Though I guess if he does die here, we still have the satelites and maybe Punk Records for that information.
Oda said a "certain professor" would explain the mechanism behind Devil Fruit, not their origin.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I took the "something else" alternative, knowing how much Oda loves playing with readers nerves (he said it again in a meeting not long ago, if i am not mistaken).

We're going to get a half information like, "people of the world, the WG is not what you thing they are...then, in case the message is recorded, something will likely interrupt the transmission.

People around the world start questioning the WG's authority but not enough to trigger a revolution. Oda would want to keep readers in the game but not throwing it to them. I think, there won't be any explicit revelations next chapter. In best case, a flashback (long one) and, perhaps the actual message...

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
So Vegapunk will reveal something so terrible about the World Government that the entire world will turn against them.

In-universe:

To be honest, the celestial dragons are presently pretty bad as it is. They see themselves as gods, have slaves, can shoot or kill whoever they want, and even openly tried to capture a princess like Shirahoshi. Nobody (except the R.A) is doing anything about it. I'm not sure revealing some terrible things they did hundreds of years ago would motivate or push everyone to rise against them. Humans are like that; they mostly act or take action only when they're directly affected, or have friends and families who are. The rest watch the show from the side not to implicate themselves.

One thing though that could make people (and majority at that) come together and fight for something is if what they're fighting for is beneficial to them. If there are no tangible benefits or things they'll take home, they won't act, which is sad tbh.

In-universe:

This is also my belief.
Can't recall the exact chapter it happened, but recently, a civilian attacked and killed a Marine just to claim the bounty on his head from Buggy. I think he later joined his crew.
If in addition to learning about the history of the world, the people also learn they are hiding things that could make everyone have a better life, they would be forced to fight.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
To be honest, the celestial dragons are presently pretty bad as it is. They see themselves as gods, have slaves, can shoot or kill whoever they want, and even openly tried to capture a princess like Shirahoshi. Nobody (except the R.A) is doing anything about it. I'm not sure revealing some terrible things they did hundreds of years ago would motivate or push everyone to rise against them. Humans are like that; they mostly act or take action only when they're directly affected, or have friends and families who are. The rest watch the show from the side not to implicate themselves.
Story-wise, this arc is the start of a war against the WG, therefore Vegapunk will reveal something evil about the WG. However you are correct that the Celestial Dragons are already bad.

The Celestial Dragons are known for killing, raping and torturing innocent civilians. Everyone knows about it.

When Homing threw away his status as Celestial Dragon, his family was lynched and his children tortured. This is how much the average person hates the Celestial Dragons.

What could be so evil that the world will say it's enough?

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
If One Piece figures could visit the real world, no doubt the Tenryuubito would be incriminated. 😑
With how corrupt many of are world leaders are, it would be a bit of a gamble.
Yeah I know it's a bad joke lol.

But in all seriousness my guess is we'll get some of it next chapter and some of it after all the fighting is done.

As for what he'll reveal, I think it will be a couple of things.
Like about the Emerald flame and that one Island that got destroyed. The truth about Ohara. And then we'll be given something about the Void Century that will be elaborated on later.

Last edited:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
i am thinking it'll be some information wrapped around a confession / apology...

Is it possible that the message was set to broadcast as soon as he dies?

Yoko75

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's really hard to say at this point. I mean there's the obvious things like the void century, Luffy being Nika, Imu etc... The more I think about it the more my mind wanders with all the possibilities. It's really hard to pinpoint down. It's also possible I'm overthinking the whole thing. Either way it's definitely going to be something that the WG along with the Goresei and Imu don't want to be public knowledge. I guess we'll see on whatever Oda has in store for us.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
i am thinking it'll be some information wrapped around a confession / apology...

Is it possible that the message was set to broadcast as soon as he dies?
When I first read it, I was staring at that heart monitor flatlining and the beeps stop just before (and now someone's posted a pic of the relevant page in the chapter 1108 thread for people who need another look). The recording was definitely set to be broadcast when his heart stops. I'm not calling whether he'll stay dead, but he definitely seems dead right now. Sanji also asked him why he's smiling and that's pretty characteristic for a lot of characters in OP to die with a smile on their faces.

What kind of confession/apology? Do you think he's going to explain what Joyboy meant in that Fishman Island poneglyph? I still think he'll reveal that the WG held back about the ancient civilization and the free energy they had during the void century, and maybe something that Luffy himself would care about, which is that the people at the top of the WG periodically destroy nations like Lulusia. (Remember they didn't pick Lulusia because of Sabo, it was chosen in advance.) Every nation would get a turn, which means everyone Luffy cares for is under threat. Alternatively, he won't talk about the nation-destroying thing and that will only come up later, in which case Luffy might not join the war until later.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Okay actually I just found out that they've already released spoiler summaries for the chapter. I don't read the summaries but I do read the titles for them and stop there. So with regard to our poll and what to expect, just based on the title of The "....." Kingdom, it looks like...
  1. for the poll,
    we have confirmation that we get an answer starting right away
    , and...
  2. we're going to hear about the Ancient Civilization!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Update for people like me who don't read summaries: I still haven't seen the whole chapter but I now know that title from my last post was a lie somebody made up. So you can disregard the bit about it being called The "....." Kingdom. It might still be discussed, but the actual title is Obstruction (and this time I have verified it from the first page of the original text of the chapter)

I already left the poll open, but now I'll update it to close on the day the official English translation gets released.

VioletVector

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So sounds like you agree about the keeping secrets about technology thing, but what do you think will incite people to anger towards the WG?

If it was just the technology issue, I could easily see a stalemate resulting because not enough people would care-- especially Luffy. He's only going to fight the WG if he feels his friends are endangered by leaving them alone. There was past talk somewhere (I think after Act 1 or Act 2 of Wano when the Gorousei were asking Imu which country to destroy?) where somebody said that a balance of power was temporary and everything had to be destroyed and rebuilt eventually, or something like that. (I'll try to look it up at some point.)

*edit*
I just remembered -- Vegapunk had also talked about energy during this arc. Maybe he didn't have access to it himself, but didn't he say the Ancient Civilization had it? Maybe you're right and he'll reveal something about that. But it'll still take something more for Luffy to fight them.
What will incite people to anger?
- Good question. It will be that the Celestial Dragons are NOT Gods. They will learn that the World Government invaded God's people to establish their rule over the world.

Lunarians used to be known as a tribe of "gods" while they dwelled on top of the Red Line. According to Whitebeard, there used to exist a "Kingdom of Gods" (神の国, Kami no Kuni?) on the red continent long before Mary Geoise was ever there.

Beyond the technological advancements, the people of the world will come to understand that their own people are descendants of the "Kingdom of Gods". The name of "D" will be revealed- these are the royal family line who have promised to protect the world from Ancient Times, but the World Government itself will revere the name as their enemies.

The Ohara incident and whatever events happened following the fall of the Ancient Kingdom do not take precedent over what happened during these events. The "truth" involves the fall of the Kingdom of Gods. The other part of that truth involves a prophecy. Vegapunk knows that many groups of people have awaited for Joyboy to return. He did. Now, they are expecting him to retake his Kingdom and bring a new dawn.

This will incite a world war where the believers in Nika will fight against the World Government. This includes the World's Strongest Nation- The Giants.

Last edited: