Movies - What is your favorite Disney movie? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies What is your favorite Disney movie?

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know these are categorized as movies for kids, but let's admit that even though we are not children anymore we still like and enjoy watching some of these movies. So with this in mind, I would like to ask you guys: What is your favorite Disney movie? :)

I like most, if not all, Disney movies; but my favorite Disney movie is Aladdin. I can watch it over and over again and never get tired of it. The story is fantastic and the characters are great; Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Iago, Jafar (he is such a brilliant villain) and of course the genie (he is hilarious!! :XD). Another important reason of why I’m very fond of this movie has to do with its wonderful soundtrack; I love the songs from this movie. In fact, the soundtrack has some of my all-time favorite songs, and one of those songs is "A Whole New World".

Well...this is my favorite Disney movie, but which one is your favorite Disney movie?

TitaniumChloride

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I've spent most of the past few months on a Disney animated movies binge and though I don't have a particular favourite, my top picks are Aladdin, Mulan and Hercules while The Emperor's New Groove deserves a notable mention.

My reasons for liking these are pretty standard: nice pacing; great visuals; lovely soundtracks; has wit and character; and plain good, fun writing. Emperor's New Groove is a bit choppier than first three but it's not half bad.

Honestly, I've yet to re-watch a good number of other movies a.k.a Little Mermaid, Lion King and Beauty and the Beast but I doubt my opinions would change that much.

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I don't know if I can pick a favorite. I grew up in the 90's loving these movies. The Golden Age all started with 'The Little Mermaid' so I have to mention that one.

It would really be a toss up between 'The Lion King' and 'Alladin' with 'Hercules' as an honorable mention. If 'Hercules' had as many good songs as 'The Lion King' and 'Alladin', it would probably be my favorite because I love the setting, story, and mythology.

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The Lion King has always been my favorite one ever since I was a kid.

We always had a book in my prep school and I always fought with my classmate who gets the Lion King book. In the end, our teacher (she's pretty old now) had to read the book aloud so that we can share the book.

Lion King is the best for me.

agatha012

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey buddy Aladdin is also my favorite disney movie.. Well your thread reminds me my childhood days where i watch Alladin daily in the evening.. The characters like Abbu, Gennie, jasmine all were superb..

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It's tough deciding which one is my favourite, but I think it would have to be Aladdin. Besides being released the same year I was born (:D!), it has an awesome soundtrack and its hilarious, specially Genie. Other favourites would probably be Hercules, The Emperor's New Groove and The Three Caballeros.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've spent most of the past few months on a Disney
animated movies binge and though I don't have a particular favourite, my top picks are Aladdin, Mulan and Hercules while The Emperor's New Groove deserves a notable mention.
I also like Mulan and Hercules very much, I especially like the fact that the leading ladies in this movies are not your typical damsels in distress. Mushu was hilarious in Mulan :D, while Phil was so funny in Hercules. :XD

My favorite songs in Mulan were:

Mulan – Reflection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A_Rl8aQxII

Mulan "I'll Make a Man Out of You"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTqIsB98a1E

While my favorite song in Hercules was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsrP_ktr1g

And I guess I should mention that because of Hercules I became a big fan of Greek Mythology and I even read some books about it.

My reasons for liking these are pretty standard: nice pacing; great visuals; lovely soundtracks; has wit and character; and plain good, fun writing.
I agree, especially about the soundtracks. :thumbs.

It would really be a toss up between 'The Lion King' and 'Alladin' with 'Hercules' as an honorable mention.
“The Lion King” is amazing! And I remember feeling so sad (to the point of almost crying) during the scene when
Mufasa dies. That scene is so heartbreaking. :(

My favorite songs from “The Lion King” are:

Circle of Life

Hakuna Matata

The Lion King has always been my favorite one ever since I was a kid.
Lion King is the best for me.
Lion King is an amazing movie; in fact, it is so great that it won two Academy Awards for its achievement in music and the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy.

Hey buddy Aladdin is also my favorite disney movie.. The characters like Abbu, Gennie, jasmine all were superb..
Hi agatha012. :) I completely agree with you, Aladdin has a fantastic cast…I think one of the reasons why I like Aladdin so much is because of the wonderful interactions between the characters, each one played an important part in making Aladdin the awesome movie its is, IMHO.

Other favourites would probably be … The Emperor's New Groove and The Three Caballeros.
It is not that I dislike “The Emperor’s New Groove”, but for some reason I felt there was something missing…it wasn’t as magical as Aladdin, The Lion King, Mular, Hercules, 101 Dalmatians, and Beauty and the Beast. Now about "The Three Caballeros", that is an oldie but goodie. :) And this song is so happy and fun. :D

Last edited:

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This thread makes us realize that we are getting older now. Isn't it amazing how these stories transcended through time and time? They have always become very timely and are used always in children stories.

I've realized that I also cherished the sweet story of Beauty and the Beast. xD

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It seems the older I get, the more I feel like watching Disney films. I never really had any interest in them as a kid. XD

My favourites are~~
Aladdin (and the others people have mentioned- Mulan, Little Mermaid & Lion King.)
Monsters, Inc
Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
Toy Story <3
The AristoCats

Last edited:

steelwingcrash1

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
101 Dalmatians first started as a Disney animation then a real-life movie of it came out. Eventually, the name "Cruella" sticked in my mind for so long that I used it as a pejorative for my students who are cruel to one another. Usually, I call the bullies in my room as Cruello and Cruella.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Toy Story
Aristocats
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pinocchio
Cinderella

Probably more that I forgot, but those stick out for sure! I loved watching those movies! Made my childhood better than it should be! It was even better watching it with my cousins, and going to Disneyland and watching how the movies were made! Those movies have special place in my heart. <3

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hey, what about Tarzan??!! if I had to say, I'd say that was the best 2D movie Disney ever had. It had everything. Romance, Drama, Soul-searching, and quite a handful of philosophies. Not to mention Phil Collins' soundtracks were full of win in that movie.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread makes us realize that we are getting older now. Isn't it amazing how these stories transcended through time and time? They have always become very timely and are used always in children stories.
Talking and watching Disney movies makes me feel nostalgic and I agree with you, it does make us realize we are getting older. But one of the magical things about great movies is the fact that they are able to transcend generations. :) I read this comment on youtube and ITA with it: “Nobody is ever too old for Disney Classics”.

I've realized that I also cherished the sweet story of Beauty and the Beast. xD
I love Beauty and the Beast! And it does have one of my all-time favorite romantic songs, I’m referring to:

Celine Dion - Beauty And The Beast

Toy Story <3
Toy Story is great!! :thumbs And this reminds me I definitely need to watch Toy Story 3, I have heard and read it is an absolutely awesome movie.

The AristoCats
What a cool movie! :cool: :) And those kitties are so cute!! And it does have some pretty nice songs, like:

Aristocats - Everybody Wants To Be a Cat

101 Dalmatians first started as a Disney animation then a real-life movie of it came out. Eventually, the name "Cruella" sticked in my mind for so long that I used it as a pejorative for my students who are cruel to one another. Usually, I call the bullies in my room as Cruello and Cruella.
Cruella is one of the best villains of the Disney World, she is evil and crazy which is a very dangerous combination IMHO.

Pinocchio
I don’t quite remember why, but I do remember that watching Pinocchio scared me a bit when I was a little girl, especially the part when the boys were turned into donkeys…

Cinderella
I also enjoyed and still enjoy watching that movie. :) One of my favorite parts of that movie is when Cinderella’s friends work on making Cinderella her dress. ^_^ That part is so cute!!

The Work Song (Cinderelly Cinderelly) - Cinderella

Hey, what about Tarzan??!! if I had to say, I'd say that was the best 2D movie Disney ever had. It had everything. Romance, Drama, Soul-searching, and quite a handful of philosophies. Not to mention Phil Collins' soundtracks were full of win in that movie.
You are completely right, Tarzan was fantastic! :cool: The only thing that….it’s not that I dislike it …but I’m not that fond of it either…it’s the fact that most of the songs from that movie were Phil Collins’ songs. Sometimes too much of a good thing can be counterproductive, at least IMHO of course.

Last edited:

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
used these for reference (list of disney movies and tv show series):

http://www.disneymovieslist.com/disney-movies.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walt_Disney_TV_series

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Movies I've seen (that I can remember seeing anyways):

Snow White and Seven Dwarves, Pinoccio, Fantasia, Dumbo, Bambi, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Old Yeller, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Incredible Journey, The Sword in the Stone, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, Petes Dragon, The Journey of Natty Gann, Flight of the Navigator, The Little Mermaid, White Fang, Beauty and the Beast, The Mighty Ducks, Aladdin, The Three Musketeers, Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, Cool Runnings, The Adventures of Huck Finn, Iron Will, White Fang 2, D2: The Mighty Ducks, Angels in the Outfield, The Lion King, Pocahontas, Operation Dumbo Drop, A Kid in King Arthur's Court, Tom and Huck, Toy Story, James and the Giant Peach, D3: The Mighty Ducks, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, 101 Dalmatians, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Toy Story 2, Remember the Titans, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Spirited Away, The Princess Diaries, The Rookie, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Finding Nemo, Around the World in 80 Days, National Treasure, The Incredibles, The Pacifier, Ice Princess, Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, Glory Road, Cars, Invincible, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Eight Below, Enchanted, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Bridge to Terabithia, Bolt, Ratatouille, Up, Race to Witch Mountain, Secretariat, Tangled, TRON Legacy, Sorcerers Apprentice, Prince of Persia : Sands of Time, Alice In Wonderland, and Duck Tales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp

Favorite Disney Animated Movies:

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Spirited Away, Up, Duck Tales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, and Tangled

Favorite Disney Non-animated Movies:

Old Yeller, The Journey of Natty Gann, Flight of the Navigator, White Fang, Iron Will, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, The Three Musketeers, and Bridge to Terabithia

Favorite Disney Animated TV Show Series:

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, and Gargoyles

Best Disney Animated TV Show Series:

Gargoyles

Hottest Disney Animated Girls:

(1) Demona, (2) Fox, (3) Gargoyle Elisa Maza, (4) Angela, (5) Esmeralda, (6) Pocahontas, (7) Rapunzel, (8) Finella, (9-11) The Weird Sisters, (12) Jasmine, (13) Belle, (14) Mulan, (15) Human Elisa Maza (16) Ariel, (17) Gadget Hackwrench, and (18-20) Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don’t quite remember why, but I do remember that watching Pinocchio scared me a bit when I was a little girl, especially the part when the boys were turned into donkeys…" -destiny4ever

funny true story:

when I was like a "baby" (under 5), I had seen Pinocchio and was scared/terrified by monstro the whale. So, when I went to disneyland, I was terrified/scared of the story book water "ride" (I think, if I remember right) because you went into monstro the whale's mouth (because I thought it was real, lol)...

How I grew out of this fear:

another time we went to disneyland, and they were fixing-painting monstro the whale:

HK: "oh, it's not real, it's fake! I scared no more now, lol!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

off-topic (NON-Disney) animated movie:

Happily N'Ever After

this was a more enjoyable animated movie and as a "parody" of Cinderella and other fairy tails. It was pretty entertaining and similar to Tangled (which was awesome!), Ella is even similar to (brunette real) Rapunzel too (actually they look almost identical). However, it's more for (male) teens/adults, due to its more grown up humor and especially the "eye candy" Stepmother, Frieda, hehe. (It still only has a PG rating though)

---------------------------------------------------------

Off-topic (NON-disney) AWESOME animated movie:

Flight of Dragons

(Melisande is beautiful too hehe)

-------------------------------------------

Off-topic (NON-disney) AWESOME animated tv show series:

The Pirates of Dark Water, Red Planet, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, He-Man, TNMT (original), and many more!

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
funny true story:

when I was like a "baby" (under 5), I had seen Pinocchio and was scared/terrified by monstro the whale. So, when I went to disneyland, I was terrified/scared of the story book water "ride" (I think, if I remember right) because you went into monstro the whale's mouth (because I thought it was real, lol)...

How I grew out of this fear:

another time we went to disneyland, and they were fixing-painting monstro the whale:

HK: "oh, it's not real, it's fake! I scared no more now, lol!"
That is such a cute anecdote from your childhood, Hege! Thank you for sharing it with us! :) And now that you have mentioned it, I now remember I was scared of that whale as well, it looked so frightening when I was a little girl. Another Disney movie that I remember being scared of when I was a little girl was “Fantasia”. There were various parts of that movie that truly terrified me back then.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Funny thing is, Pinocchio has a lot of adult stuff, like smoking and nose getting bigger. I remember eating mac 'n' cheese watcing it after my baby tooth fell off or was close to falling off, if either apply... I do remember being all wtfbbq at the smoke though, but probably cuz I wasn't paying attention.

T'was cool to see Cinderella's friend make her dress. Friendship is such a great thing!

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
to add to this:

I had a really smart friend back in high school (actually most of my friends were extremely smart, forcing me to be ~smart too to "keep up with them", lol. He became a doctor), and he made roughly this comment about Disney one day as the coversation came up:

anonymous friend of mine:

~"What do you expect, Disney is made almost entirely by young adult males, there's lots of perviness in Disney movies and TV shows [and we're not talking about the blatant adult humor/jokes for the adults to enjoy as they have to watch it with their kids]. In almost every single disney movie and tv show, there's some suggestive hinting/symbology at adult content/sex. For example, in the Lion King, you got Simba jumping on the flower bed/patch and the "pollen exploding out" from under him when he was traveling with the lioness. [There's countless other examples too which I forgot about]"

he's right too, though my memory of Disney movies and tv shows has nearly vanished now, sighs.

----------------------------------------------------------------

it can be a fun game, interesting/enjoyable, to go back and watch Disney movies and tv shows to try to find all such adult content suggestions/symbolisms (not the jokes/humor as they're so obvious and easy to recognize. Trying to find the more sometimes "subtle" instances).

Last edited:

Zeltrax

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Lilo and Stitch !

I thought the theme and the story behind it was very mature the 3rd time I rewatched it.
the first time, I was just touched and really enjoyed it.
Not to mention that stitch was so cute and sweet.

However, after I grew up and went back to watch it then I realized what it was really trying to tell me.

Since everyoneis posting songs here, I'll post from Lilo and Stitch too :)
Lilo and Stitch-Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride(English)

Hystzen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
ohhh hard to pick just one

top 5 il go with

1) Beauty and Beast- great song, beast was cool (looked sucky as human) great side characters

2. Black Cauldron - dark for Disney and interesting

3. Lion King- MUFASSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

4. Hercules- just great and fun and james woods as hades

5. Lilo & Stitch- i want a real Stitch nuff said

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Funny thing is, Pinocchio has a lot of adult stuff, like smoking and nose getting bigger.
I’m a bit embarrassed to ask this but….how does Pinocchio’s nose getting bigger have to do with adult stuff?

T'was cool to see Cinderella's friend make her dress. Friendship is such a great thing!
QFT!

it can be a fun game, interesting/enjoyable, to go back and watch Disney movies and tv shows to try to find all such adult content suggestions/symbolisms (not the jokes/humor as they're so obvious and easy to recognize. Trying to find the more sometimes "subtle" instances).
As for me, I wouldn’t want to play that game. I still want to enjoy Disney movies with the heart and especially the eyes of a child. I guess that is part of the magic of Disney movies in a way…

Lilo and Stitch !

I thought the theme and the story behind it was very mature the 3rd time I rewatched it.
the first time, I was just touched and really enjoyed it.
Not to mention that stitch was so cute and sweet.

However, after I grew up and went back to watch it then I realized what it was really trying to tell me.
Lilo and Stitch was a very nice movie. :) And that sounds like a fun thing to do; I’m referring to finding the deeper meanings/messages of Disney movies. Meanings/messages that we weren’t able to fully grasp because we were too young when we watched those movies.

1) Beauty and Beast- great song, beast was cool (looked sucky as human) great side characters
I’m so glad to find out that I’m not the only one who thought the Beast didn’t look that handsome as a human. It wasn’t that he was bad looking of anything like that, it was more the fact that I was expecting for him to be handsomer…

4. Hercules- just great and fun and james woods as hades
Hades is another one of my favorite Disney villains. :cool: And Panic and Pain were hilarious. :XD Especially during the scene where they are wearing Hercules merchandise. :D

Last edited: