School - What is your favourite subject? | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

School What is your favourite subject?

cracker

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Almost anything science related. Biology, Chemistry, Physics...strangely though not much of a Math lover

xLotusxSobax

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite subject has to be Art class. Although I'm terrible at it, its still fun! :amuse

Michalv

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
P.E, definitely P.E.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Science, especially biology. That's why I take major in medicine now. :P After biology, I also like chemistry and music class. I'm a total no-no at drawing class and P.E. :D

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Oh, Medicine major. Got a particular area you're interested in the most?

I studied Medicine for a couple of years but it was never my favourite, I liked white biology (cellular level) combined with chemistry. Working with amines, acetaminophens and diazotizations was awesome. :D

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Favorite subject is and always will be Political Science. Greatest eva :tem

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I studied Medicine for a couple of years but it was never my favourite, I liked white biology (cellular level) combined with chemistry. Working with amines, acetaminophens and diazotizations was awesome. :D
LOL, you hit me hard with those drug names. XD

Area, as in specialty? I'm not very sure myself at the moment, but somehow I'm attracted to specialties which are not very common in my country. Say, for example, forensic doctors or chiropractic doctors. It's quite rare here. But rare could mean that the education fee is so high or it's very hard. That's why I'm not so sure yet. XD But my parents would advise me to take specialty in internal organs, like my uncle. :)

White biology is my favorite as well. Somehow I found it fascinating to know tons of complicated reactions happen in such a tiny cell. I can take it until level of tissues and organ systems, or talking about human in general. But when it comes to drugs, I'm pretty dead. XD

Favorite subject is and always will be Political Science. Greatest eva :tem
Political science? What do you learn there? :O

BakaHaze

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Heh. I thought I was a real good chem student. Googled diazotization. Looked at the stupid wiki pic and all I recognized was a benzene ring. WTF is thaaaaatttt?

The page makes no sense at all, :XD

I'm considering Med in Uni as well.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Heh. I thought I was a real good chem student. Googled diazotization. Looked at the stupid wiki pic and all I recognized was a benzene ring. WTF is thaaaaatttt?

ROFL~
I've forgotten most of my basic chemistry on high school as well. All I studied in this semester was only how carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids look like. I was even too lazy to remember their names and shapes. XD I'm a total fail, haha~

That is great! Good luck with medicine. It is way harder than what I thought it could have been... But I survive, somehow. :3

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

-here- is a good explanation! :)

Anyway, go for Med in Uni! A couple of friends of mine are taking it atm and they love it to the core. It's major difficult, but it's more of a challenge than a bore.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Anyway, go for Med in Uni! A couple of friends of mine are taking it atm and they love it to the core. It's major difficult, but it's more of a challenge than a bore.
I think that is true.
I have a friend who is also a clever, diligent, and active student when he was in high school. We went to competitions few times together. But in uni he took major in communication. A while ago he told me that he was planning to take a test again this year to enter the medicine major.

It's a shame that he had to waste one year if he really transfers to medicine major this year. My point is, choose carefully. :)

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Indeed, choose carefully. I wasted one year studying Business Innovation & Entrepreneurship. Now I'm taking a one to two year break from school to work and then I have to go back to get my two degrees. Most likely in religion, history or political science (foreign relations.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Science is a pretty good subject. How do you feel about physics? Hard as hell and annoying, biology and chemistry (to some degree) are definitely better and much more fun. Do they do labs at your school?

BakaHaze

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@ MejM3J: I don't do physics at school, and we do have labs, but most experiments seem pretty lame to me, from what my friends were talking about.

Strangely, my country includes physics (Dynamics and Mechanics) in our mathematics as it's part of calculus...T_T Stupid motions...

I personally prefer chemistry, it makes so much more sense. Also, just the thought of bunsens sets off my pyromaniac intellectual concern with flame tests.

And thanks, Blai, Phio. Are you guys in the reasearch branch of medicine, as in, pathology or medical sciences and the like, or are you guys studying to be medical practitioners like surgeons? (Lol brain or heart?:XD)

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
M3J*

Most experiments for physics? Chem labs are fun, especially when teachers do demonstrations that students aren't allowed to do.

HAHA, poor you. Physics is a bad class to take, to be honest. X_x Too many equations.

indieRokker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
History, even though I don't take it.

From the subjects I do take it'll have to be either Statistics or Physics. Either one I guess.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
And thanks, Blai, Phio. Are you guys in the reasearch branch of medicine, as in, pathology or medical sciences and the like, or are you guys studying to be medical practitioners like surgeons? (Lol brain or heart?:XD)
I'm an Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Business development drop-out...

Reactions: M3J

BakaHaze

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Heh, really? Thing is, med happens to be the most sought after course in the state in my country, accepting only the highest marks. T_T (I think this is because we have a pretty good medical system, resulting in highly paid medical practitioners.)

I can't exactly drop out from one course to med, it's gotta be my first choice.:XD

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You should be a gynecologist. SO fun.

BakaHaze

Translator
Reaction score
Country