School - What is your favourite subject? | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

School What is your favourite subject?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
HAHA, poor you. Physics is a bad class to take, to be honest. X_x Too many equations.
SO true. *high five* Physics is my worst science, followed by math. :P

And thanks, Blai, Phio. Are you guys in the reasearch branch of medicine, as in, pathology or medical sciences and the like, or are you guys studying to be medical practitioners like surgeons? (Lol brain or heart?:XD)
I'm studying to be a doctor. :3 It's hard as hell, but it has its own interesting sides. Today we have another anatomy activities, looking at more and more brains, accompanied by dead bodies around us... Really need to make myself used to the new atmosphere, but okay. XD

jinkgx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite subject is maths, it is so important and so useful subject, i like this subject so much, this subject is depend on the calculation, this subject is use in every field.

Ochiru

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
History,PE, Politics,Arts,Music

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Right now that would be English and German. Anthropology was awesome last year~

at my old school it was History and Politics too

himitsu87

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kuwait
I used to love English, art, and PE classes the most <3

joshua019

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I loved Math too until I stated Calc. I still have nightmares...

Anyway, my favorite subject is without a doubt english. I just love reading and writing, and there's really no type of either that I don't find a way to enjoy.
I used to hate maths until I stated Calculus. after that i had a revelation how wonderful math truly is!

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I find a lot of subjects interesting in their own way, but my favourite would be the social sciences which would include sociology and psychology; that's what I'm planning to major in. Of course there was physical education that was a great stress reliever! And the only science course that I enjoyed was biology.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
"Physics is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting." -- Ernest Rutherford

He was wrong though. :D

"Physics Chemistry is the only real science. The rest are just stamp collecting." -- Ernest Rutherford

There we go.

Physics and math serve chemistry. :nod

Needless to say chemistry was my favorite subject in high school and still is. I remember waking up and looking forward to school because of chemistry. I even looked forward to chemistry exams in high school. This has worn off quite a bit now that I'm at university though.

My other favorite subject in high school was art. I learned so much in there.

I also loved US history and European literature/comp. Algebra was a great class as well.

Subjects I hated were pre-calculus and biology.

Moromis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Funny you would ask.

Languages. Japanese and Latin ATM.

Second to that would be art. Or music. But are those even school??

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
History (especially european), languages, literature. Now that I'm in English major, I learn all three. It's the best choice I've ever made.
I used to like chemistry too but I don't learn it anymore. I have to let it go...

BioCorpInc

Reaction score
Country
United States
History was by far my favorite subject, especially US History, since it's so short there is a lot over a short amount of time....
Also, I did enjoy random electives like a PC Repair/Maintenance class where I learned a lot.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Damn, this is a tough one, there are so many interesting subjects...
...right from languages, to mathematics to social subjects.

But I'd have to say Physics or Entrepreneurship embedded with Intraprenuership & Innovation in the end, which are a close equal to me.

The day you stop to learn is the day you die, you may breath, but in truth you are no more.
Never blindfold your self, question, and keep questioning! Leave your ego behind when someone prove you wrong!
The beautiful aspect of learning is that you'll never learn everything, but you're still yearning for it!

and today I have learned that I'm certainly not a poet :teehee

zamieo

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Most def marketing. It´s fun, but it´s still frustrating that they try to calculate everything like you can figure out how a TV-ad will change your company´s image five years from now and how freaking short-sighted these companies really are. Honestly, I had a class and the teacher said that if the company doesn´t have a high rate of return, it shouldn´t exist. I mean if this ish is being taught at school, how the hell is the mentality in the companies?

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Now I'm taking a one to two year break from school to work and then I have to go back to get my two degrees. Most likely in religion, history or political science (foreign relations.
Ah, haha, hahahah, I was such a troll...

Current fav. subject; Economic Development :3

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Most def marketing. It´s fun, but it´s still frustrating that they try to calculate everything like you can figure out how a TV-ad will change your company´s image five years from now and how freaking short-sighted these companies really are. Honestly, I had a class and the teacher said that if the company doesn´t have a high rate of return, it shouldn´t exist. I mean if this ish is being taught at school, how the hell is the mentality in the companies?
An interesting subject indeed, also have it right now :)

He does have a point that it's bad, but no one should prevent a company's existence if they got profit, imho, that is so anti liberal that it's mad.
Also some companies need some years to get started, for example it might take 10 years before they start to earn seriously.
I like freedom, people should be able to do whatever they want, as long you protect the weak in society and have ethical laws, freedom, free hospital/health care, equal rights etc. and still a fully working liberal company system.
As long companies can't abuse people or banks putting insane interests, sc**w our world with financial crisis though. They do need some restrictions :-_-
This is how we do it in northern Europe, the best system in the world if you ask me. Although our taxes could be a bit lower ^_^

It's a bit funny when Americans think we got a communistic system though, just because we got free health care O.o honestly, spend less money on war and dominance, and even just a little tax can give people free health care.
No offence meant, but one should care for the weak... Go Obama :3 (although he failed in some other areas).

Back on track...
...a teacher saying that? honestly, I would fire him on the spot... any company having profit is beneficial to society, if they got too high cost, then they will just loose to their competitors when they lower their prices :verily
Simple as that, don't want a fully controlled market :-_-

Now if a company has red numbers on the bottom line, then we're talking about something else entirely, these companies are bad for society : /

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
well i love all programming class. on the other side, i hate maths :XD

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Best subject ever is art.
In order to be creative and stuff you need a good atmosphere,which is why we were allowed to eat,talk and listen to music from a boombox.We walked around looking at other people's progress only to chat with them.Everyone was in a relaxed mood and occasionally our teacher brought cookies and stuff.
Never going to forget those times.

ehlboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
At the time... most of the classes sucked but whenever I look back I think math classes were the most fun. weird... e-o

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States
Best subject was math and science, until I got to college. :cookiehand I really like bio as a study, and I love quantum but mainly because of my kickass prof (who fricken got a patent at 14; I'm envious).

Physics and math serve chemistry. :nod
Pretty sure that all sciences are mathematics' bitch. Chemistry is great for understanding macroscopic behavior, but physics is necessary to understand quantum stuff. Which is fun. Until grad level. Oh GOD THE PATH INTEGRALS. THEY BURN.